Well f*** it...I`m excited

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
desmondo
High Draft Pick

Well f*** it...I`m excited

Post by desmondo » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:06 pm

There hasn`t been too much to get 'excited' about with the Bombers lately, but reading about our next crop of father/son prospects, I can`t help it :wink:
So glad to see Tommy Hird (James` Son) training with us at the mo, and it`s exciting to see that there are two more to come in the future, Alex 14 and William 9. Can`t say they will all be as good as James was, (but half as good will do vingertje ).

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2019- ... -preseason

It`s amazing considering the fkng saga bullshit that went down, but it will sure be good to see another Hirdy, (or two) going around.

And then there`s the two Fletcher boys, Mason and Max, and again, it will be great to see a Fletch mark2 running around in the red n black.

Other names on the f/s list to excite me are names like Wanganeen, O`Donnell, Misiti, Caracella and Daniher. The full list is below, get excited vingertje

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/teams/jame ... my-players

Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Re: Well f*** it...I`m excited

Post by Rover99 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:21 pm

Bloody hell, if I'm alzhsemic by then, I won't know where I am. I'll think it's back to the future! :-k

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:39 am

Never thought I’d ever see anyone skinnier than Dustin Fletcher when he first started. Then comes along son Mason...

You’d think after 12 Neagle kids, one of them will actually make it?

Is Kyle Baker the son of Leon? If so, then Leon must have had him in his late 40’s. And if Kyle is just half as good as his old man, he’ll be a damn good player.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

desmondo
High Draft Pick

Post by desmondo » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:30 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:39 am
Never thought I’d ever see anyone skinnier than Dustin Fletcher when he first started. Then comes along son Mason...

Is Kyle Baker the son of Leon? If so, then Leon must have had him in his late 40’s. And if Kyle is just half as good as his old man, he’ll be a damn good player.
He is listed as NGA so unfortunately I don`t think he`s Leons son, or they would say so?, I wish he was though, as you say Ben, Leon could play the game. :wink:

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:01 pm

desmondo wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:30 pm
BenDoolan wrote:

He is listed as NGA so unfortunately I don`t think he`s Leons son, or they would say so?, I wish he was though, as you say Ben, Leon could play the game. :wink:
Ah, I didn’t see the last column. Hmmm, what does NGA even mean?

Leon was a great player. Pity it was only 86 games in red & black. He would have been one of the all time greats of the game IMO. What an impact he had in those games 😎
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:06 am

Good to see a Barnard could be on the horizon. ****** loved Barney.

desmondo
High Draft Pick

Post by desmondo » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:53 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:01 pm
desmondo wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:

Leon was a great player. Pity it was only 86 games in red & black. He would have been one of the all time greats of the game IMO. What an impact he had in those games 😎
Not sure of the intricasies of how the NGA works, except you get to draft young kids from designated areas and train them up and I think make sure they get an education and stuff. I do know that we have the latest Rioli (Daniels brother) in our NGA programme. vingertje

nudder12
Regular Senior Player

Post by nudder12 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:43 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:01 pm
desmondo wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:

NGA = Next Generation Academy. More (barely) info on AFL website here - http://www.afl.com.au/news/game-develop ... bacademies

nudder12
Regular Senior Player

Post by nudder12 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:36 pm

If you like to get excited, then here's a podcast that'll get you in the mood.
The Lunchtime Catch Up Podcast Show - https://soundcloud.com/scottmcneice/let ... KYLKuVhpZs

We sound like world-beaters :)

boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:31 pm

nudder12 wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:36 pm
The Lunchtime Catch Up Podcast Show - https://soundcloud.com/scottmcneice/let ... KYLKuVhpZs

God please tell me you're not on that
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just better.

nudder12
Regular Senior Player

Post by nudder12 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:41 pm

boncer34 wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:31 pm
nudder12 wrote:

I know it's hard to tell the difference, but I'm actually not God. :)
Nah I just stumbled on it today and had a listen, and as I said, they make us sound like world-beaters. Good for those who want to get excited :)

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:22 am

There’s a bunch of media twits trying to make our Cricket Team look like a bunch of World Beaters,especially Starc and Khawaja.

Apparently those 2 have Silenced their critics.f*** me,give me strength! #-o :roll: :evil: :-&

boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:29 am

nudder12 wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:41 pm
boncer34 wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:31 pm
nudder12 wrote:

I know it's hard to tell the difference, but I'm actually not God. :)
Nah I just stumbled on it today and had a listen, and as I said, they make us sound like world-beaters. Good for those who want to get excited :)
I tried to listen to it a couple of times and it was cringe city. The "Silvagni interview" post getting Shiel was bloody awful.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just better.