Joe Daniher's Groin, Calf, Moustache, Little Pinky

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Windy Hille
High Draft Pick

Re: Joe Daniher's Groin and the Implications

Post by Windy Hille » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:48 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:36 pm
I’m hearing half the squad is on ice at the moment (the cold, frozen variety). Heppell and McKenna now sustaining injuries.
News to me! Is there an injury list at the moment? Can’t find it on the sites..

s'dreams
Club Captain

Post by s'dreams » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:28 am

Windy Hille wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:48 pm
BenDoolan wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:36 pm
I’m hearing half the squad is on ice at the moment (the cold, frozen variety). Heppell and McKenna now sustaining injuries.
News to me! Is there an injury list at the moment? Can’t find it on the sites..
While I am tempted to give this link http://www.essendonfc.com.au/teams/profiles/senior

Try this: http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2019- ... -preseason

Does that mean that a minor "injury" now would result that the players are less likely to be injured in AFLX?
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

nudder12
Regular Senior Player

Post by nudder12 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:08 pm

Essendon forward Joe Daniher has increased in his training load over the past fortnight and the club is hopeful he could be available to play some part in the upcoming JLT Community Series, according to ruckman Tom Bellchambers.
http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2019- ... s-rolls-on

s'dreams
Club Captain

Post by s'dreams » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:27 pm

nudder12 wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:08 pm
Essendon forward Joe Daniher has increased in his training load over the past fortnight and the club is hopeful he could be available to play some part in the upcoming JLT Community Series, according to ruckman Tom Bellchambers.
http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2019- ... s-rolls-on
Does this mean he gets to rearrange the names on the magnetic board or he might saddle up for a quarter or two? I hate these cryptic announcements!
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:38 am

God I hope our injuries settle down from now on after what appears to be a bruising lead up. Heppel and Merret not fit for the first JLT, Hooker "hopefully to be fit" for the second, Stringer with groin tighness after slipping over, and Orazio with knock to the quad. Dea in a brace for 6 weeks....groan. :(

Windy Hille
High Draft Pick

Post by Windy Hille » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:31 pm

Rover99 wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:38 am
God I hope our injuries settle down from now on after what appears to be a bruising lead up. Heppel and Merret not fit for the first JLT, Hooker "hopefully to be fit" for the second, Stringer with groin tighness after slipping over, and Orazio with knock to the quad. Dea in a brace for 6 weeks....groan. :(
Both Hepps and Merrettorious are playing v Blues.

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:13 pm

Windy Hille wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:31 pm
Rover99 wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:38 am
Both Hepps and Merrettorious are playing v Blues.
I think both players are just missing that one or two weeks during which they were on modified programs - best thing is they were both able to make it through a half of footy unscathed and are building fitness for R1

Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:30 pm

Well that's encouraging and probably a bit of a shock for one or two players last night to see how quickly we can be overwhelmed by a team that wants desperately to win. Lessons learnt I hope from both coach and players. Funny how the old stop Gap players like Brown almost had to save the day once again. Sounds like Langers will be struggling for AA selection after all this year. :D

nudder12
Regular Senior Player

Post by nudder12 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:20 pm

Rover99 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:30 pm
Well that's encouraging and probably a bit of a shock for one or two players last night to see how quickly we can be overwhelmed by a team that wants desperately to win. Lessons learnt I hope from both coach and players. Funny how the old stop Gap players like Brown almost had to save the day once again. Sounds like Langers will be struggling for AA selection after all this year. :D
Yeah. All in all we'll be better for the run, given Carlton had already had a hitout last week. But the wanting to win point is relevant - we really looked like we couldn't care less for most of the first 3 quarters. I suppose that's why the likes of Brown looked good - they were playing for a Round 1 spot. Doesn't explain Jake Long's performance though. He just doesn't look up to it. Couple of others you'd think would want to perform that didn't really fire either. But, whatever, the match V Cats next week will be more enlightening.

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:31 pm

Let’s make judgement calls after the next JLT game.

My concerns remain a lack of clearance grunt...is Myers key to that? Maybe Guelfi could go into the middle for burst as he seems to love getting down and dirty. We definitely looked a better team with Dev Smith playing.

I think our balance was off without the key players all playing at the same time but that should be a huge warning when it comes to copping injuries during the season.

Our strongest 22 will be pretty solid but lose a Merrett or Shiel...lose a Smith then it’s a case of whether Parsih, Langford, Clarke and others can fill the holes. On yesterday’s game...I would be worried if Parish and Langford were holding down our midfield.

nudder12
Regular Senior Player

Post by nudder12 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:54 pm

Windy_Hill wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:31 pm

My concerns remain a lack of clearance grunt...is Myers key to that? Maybe Guelfi could go into the middle for burst as he seems to love getting down and dirty. We definitely looked a better team with Dev Smith playing.

I think our balance was off without the key players all playing at the same time but that should be a huge warning when it comes to copping injuries during the season.

Our strongest 22 will be pretty solid but lose a Merrett or Shiel...lose a Smith then it’s a case of whether Parsih, Langford, Clarke and others can fill the holes. On yesterday’s game...I would be worried if Parish and Langford were holding down our midfield.
Clearances still my major concern. I always said I didn't think Shiel was the answer to that, and we needed a bigger body, but anyway.... Reckon the new 6-6-6 rule only highlights the need for a clearance beast.

Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:16 pm

nudder12 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:54 pm
Windy_Hill wrote:

Clearances still my major concern. I always said I didn't think Shiel was the answer to that, and we needed a bigger body, but anyway.... Reckon the new 6-6-6 rule only highlights the need for a clearance beast.
So why don't we go looking in Collingwood or somewhere knock a few teeth out give him a couple of tatts and Bob's your uncle :D

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:56 am

Rover99 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:16 pm
nudder12 wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:

So why don't we go looking in Collingwood or somewhere knock a few teeth out give him a couple of tatts and Bob's your uncle :D
didn't Swanny retire?

boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:28 am

nudder12 wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:

We were 5th for clearances last year.

Our problem isn't (wasn't) winning them it was the disposal, Shiel fixes that with his class.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just better.

nudder12
Regular Senior Player

Post by nudder12 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:42 am

boncer34 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:28 am
nudder12 wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:

We were 5th for clearances last year.

Our problem isn't (wasn't) winning them it was the disposal, Shiel fixes that with his class.
Really? 5th? I am genuinely surprised, but not disbelieving.
What I do remember though, is that last year, right after a match, the stats for clearances would come up and I'd be genuinely surprised by how relatively favourable they looked for us compared to what I thought I saw during the game.
In other words, I'd see stats that said we won 55-45 or whatever, when it looked during the course of the match more like 60-40 against us!!
Perhaps it was the outcome of the (alleged) clearance that stuck in my mind the most - as you suggest.

nudder12
Regular Senior Player

Post by nudder12 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:09 am

So now it's Joe Daniher's calf and the implications.....
Or is it really still a groin issue....being covered up? The cynic in me.

Windy Hille
High Draft Pick

Post by Windy Hille » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:42 am

nudder12 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:09 am
So now it's Joe Daniher's calf and the implications.....
Or is it really still a groin issue....being covered up? The cynic in me.
Oh damn, what??

Is he injured again? They just showed him on last nights news running at full tilt!

F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:34 am

The 25-year-old suffered a kick to the calf in a training drill and looks set to miss between four to five weeks as he recovers.

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:59 am

F111 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:34 am
The 25-year-old suffered a kick to the calf in a training drill and looks set to miss between four to five weeks as he recovers.
How does a kick to the calf equate to a 4-5 week injury? What a load of shit.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:27 am

BenDoolan wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:59 am
F111 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:34 am
How does a kick to the calf equate to a 4-5 week injury? What a load of shit.
I suspect they may not be telling us the truth but you absolutely can do that, I missed 2 months with a calf strain after copping an errant kick on it at full stretch. I know a bloke who's calf was ripped off by a kick playing soccer.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just better.