Joe Daniher's Groin, Calf, Moustache, Little Pinky

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: Joe Daniher's Groin, Calf, Moustache, Little Pinky

Post by BenDoolan »

bpdons wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:02 am If Cameron does leave GWS, Hawthorn will trade him for 2 future 4th rounders and a dinner with Banyer. They just get the job done.

I’m still astounded we didn’t make a try for Patton knowing our forward line troubles. He’s a big target up front. I expect him to massively improve with opportunity this year
Guaranteed if we pick him up, he’ll do his knee for the 5th time and he would never play another game. That’s how we roll.
Essendunny
mdso
Club Captain

Re: Joe Daniher's Groin and the Implications

Post by mdso »

desmondo wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:02 pm Justin Crow has a lot to answer for, Joe should never have been allowed to play as soon as the problem became obvious. :evil:
It obviously wasn't obvious until it became even more obvious. Some of the boys reckon he's got an obvious groin. Maybe the physio's were looking at the wrong bit. It happens!
Nothing usually happens until something happens.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

God help us if Joe goes missing in 2020.

A forward line made up of Smack and Hooker does not excite. Hooker has a nagging hip and Sean is good for two decent games a year. Both as slow as treacle and offer zero forward line pressure.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Windy_Hill wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:47 pm God help us if Joe goes missing in 2020.

A forward line made up of Smack and Hooker does not excite. Hooker has a nagging hip and Sean is good for two decent games a year. Both as slow as treacle and offer zero forward line pressure.
Gown was looking OK before injury and Stewart may be available (and frankly given the club's investment, it is now or never for him).

I'd also like to see TBell spending more time forward (unless he is replaced by Phillips and Draper).

Despite whoever is playing forward, they will be double teamed and most delivery into the forward 50 will be shit and the majority aimed just over the head of Tippa.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

s'dreams wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:32 am
Windy_Hill wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:47 pm God help us if Joe goes missing in 2020.

Gown was looking OK before injury and Stewart may be available (and frankly given the club's investment, it is now or never for him).

I'd also like to see TBell spending more time forward (unless he is replaced by Phillips and Draper).

Despite whoever is playing forward, they will be double teamed and most delivery into the forward 50 will be shit and the majority aimed just over the head of Tippa.
Time to launch the Mosquito Fleet, literally....Walla, Fanta, Mozzie with Townsend, Begley and Stringer to lend some nastiness
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

It's easy to be critical about our forward line and some of the Club's decisions, but really it's just so difficult to know what to do.
If everyone was injury free and playing to their talent we would be worry free.
Daniher, Fantasia, Stringer, Walla, Snelling, McKernan, Stewart, Smith, Laverde, Begley. (probably forgot a couple).
I've deliberately left out Gown and Mosquito because I think they're at least another season away from being influential.
So why would you recruit someone like Patton if you thought the above blokes would be fit?
But now it turns out maybe Daniher and Stewart won't be fit for a while yet it looks like.
I think we're about 2 years behind the game - it's not only time to launch the mosquito fleet, it's past time.
Besides Daniher, we have no match-winning key forwards, so just chuck someone down there to make a contest and let the small guys use their speed and skills. And sorry, but I'm not thinking of Laverde or Begley as small forwards, so realistically, we still need to find another one or two.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

nudder12 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:17 am It's easy to be critical about our forward line and some of the Club's decisions, but really it's just so difficult to know what to do.
Daniher, Fantasia, Stringer, Walla, Snelling, McKernan, Stewart, Smith, Laverde, Begley. (probably forgot a couple).
I've deliberately left out Gown and Mosquito because I think they're at least another season away from being influential.
So why would you recruit someone like Patton if you thought the above blokes would be fit?
But now it turns out maybe Daniher and Stewart won't be fit for a while yet it looks like.
I think we're about 2 years behind the game - it's not only time to launch the mosquito fleet, it's past time.
Besides Daniher, we have no match-winning key forwards, so just chuck someone down there to make a contest and let the small guys use their speed and skills. And sorry, but I'm not thinking of Laverde or Begley as small forwards, so realistically, we still need to find another one or two.
The fact is that Daniher and Stewart had huge question marks over their heads and we still decided to let Mitch Brown go? As a minimum Jon Patton would have been an upgrade on Brown. As it is we have exposed our lack of depth through shocking list management. Now Gown has gone down on a LTI we will be relying on but part tall forwards...McKernan and maybe Hooker. The one stand out stat for recent successful teams is Contested Marks in the F50. We will end up ranking toward the bottom of this category based on the available cattle.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Windy_Hill wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:26 pm
nudder12 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:17 am It's easy to be critical about our forward line and some of the Club's decisions, but really it's just so difficult to know what to do.
The fact is that Daniher and Stewart had huge question marks over their heads and we still decided to let Mitch Brown go? As a minimum Jon Patton would have been an upgrade on Brown. As it is we have exposed our lack of depth through shocking list management. Now Gown has gone down on a LTI we will be relying on but part tall forwards...McKernan and maybe Hooker. The one stand out stat for recent successful teams is Contested Marks in the F50. We will end up ranking toward the bottom of this category based on the available cattle.
Its a huge indictment of our conditioning/physio and recruitment staff. Yet the board seems happy with mediocrity.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

If he has gone overseas - what the hell is he doing in Coffs Harbor then?

I am pretty sure that JD is the person under the bucket hat in photo 10 (unless Brown snuck along for a free holiday).

https://www.essendonfc.com.au/albums/55 ... istSize=34

By the way - Kobe Mutch (pic 17) looks pretty much like 0 skin folds!

And Redman (pic 19) looks like he forgot that mullets are so 1980s.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

s'dreams wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:32 pm If he has gone overseas - what the hell is he doing in Coffs Harbor then?

I am pretty sure that JD is the person under the bucket hat in photo 10 (unless Brown snuck along for a free holiday).

If that's JD, then he's shrunk a lot. Could it be Noah Gown? Whoever it is, they're not wearing the training gear.

Kobe Mutch is probably the most fragile looking footballer I've ever seen. Here's to another 30 seconds of senior football...
Essendunny
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Good to see Skinny Gleeson has cracked the 60kg mark
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

s'dreams wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:32 pm If he has gone overseas - what the hell is he doing in Coffs Harbor then?

I don't think that is JoeDan is too short. He needs to be another head higher.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

“Bucket!”says he! :lol:
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Seems JD is not recovering as fast as hoped
Daniher no certainty for AFL return in first half of the season
February 5, 2020 — 10.36am

Joe Daniher's wretched injury run continues, with the Essendon forward a chance to miss the first half of the AFL season.

After his failed trade request to Sydney last October, the 25-year-old has only just resumed running as he works his way back from groin problems.

Daniher said in November that frustration with injuries was the main reason for wanting a move north to the Swans.

He was an All-Australian and won the Bombers' best-and-fairest in 2017, but has played just 11 games since.

Essendon football manager Dan Richardson conceded it was possible Daniher wouldn't play until the second half of the season.

Asked whether it would be "a stretch" for Daniher to return in the first half of the year, given he had only just begun "jogging", Richardson would not put a timeline on the Bomber's return.

"It's been a couple of years [of injuries] so it's a hard one to gauge how quickly he'll progress back into full training," Richardson told SEN radio.

"As long as he continues to be pain-free and continues to progress, he may progress pretty quickly, but we're not going to put any time on it.

"What we want to do is make sure that when he does come back his body is strong enough to support the rigours of the game.

"Joe is quite positive at the moment in the way it is progressing and so are we in our medical team."

Daniher has kicked 188 goals for the Bombers in 104 games since being picked up as a father-son selection in the 2012 draft.

He led Essendon's goal-kicking for four straight years from 2014-17.

Essendon and Sydney were unable to strike a deal for the contracted Daniher last trade period.

He was left out of Essendon's leadership group when the Bombers announced their five-man group on Tuesday.

Dual best-and-fairest winner Zach Merrett and Daniher were both axed from the leadership group, while small forward Orazio Fantasia turned down an opportunity to be part of the team despite being voted in.
desmondo
Regular Senior Player

Post by desmondo »

s'dreams wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:06 am Seems JD is not recovering as fast as hoped
Daniher no certainty for AFL return in first half of the season
February 5, 2020 — 10.36am

Joe Daniher's wretched injury run continues, with the Essendon forward a chance to miss the first half of the AFL season.

After his failed trade request to Sydney last October, the 25-year-old has only just resumed running as he works his way back from groin problems.

Daniher said in November that frustration with injuries was the main reason for wanting a move north to the Swans.

He was an All-Australian and won the Bombers' best-and-fairest in 2017, but has played just 11 games since.

Essendon football manager Dan Richardson conceded it was possible Daniher wouldn't play until the second half of the season.

Asked whether it would be "a stretch" for Daniher to return in the first half of the year, given he had only just begun "jogging", Richardson would not put a timeline on the Bomber's return.

"It's been a couple of years [of injuries] so it's a hard one to gauge how quickly he'll progress back into full training," Richardson told SEN radio.

"As long as he continues to be pain-free and continues to progress, he may progress pretty quickly, but we're not going to put any time on it.

"What we want to do is make sure that when he does come back his body is strong enough to support the rigours of the game.

"Joe is quite positive at the moment in the way it is progressing and so are we in our medical team."

Daniher has kicked 188 goals for the Bombers in 104 games since being picked up as a father-son selection in the 2012 draft.

He led Essendon's goal-kicking for four straight years from 2014-17.

Essendon and Sydney were unable to strike a deal for the contracted Daniher last trade period.

He was left out of Essendon's leadership group when the Bombers announced their five-man group on Tuesday.

Dual best-and-fairest winner Zach Merrett and Daniher were both axed from the leadership group, while small forward Orazio Fantasia turned down an opportunity to be part of the team despite being voted in.
No wonder the swans only went half heartedly at getting him, they knew he was a while off actually playing.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Dodoro played the dumbest of dumb hardball with the Swans. Even if Daniher had been fit there remained every likelihood he would have still gone end of 2020. We should have taken their offer...Pick 9 and future first round pick (likely to be a top 5 selection). We then could have gone all out for Cameron.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Windy_Hill wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:40 pm Dodoro played the dumbest of dumb hardball with the Swans. Even if Daniher had been fit there remained every likelihood he would have still gone end of 2020. We should have taken their offer...Pick 9 and future first round pick (likely to be a top 5 selection). We then could have gone all out for Cameron.
You forget, he’s a restricted free agent. It would have to be a godfather offer from the swans for us not to match it. It’s best for us to try for a trade again if thier still interested and he still wants out...

If Swans don’t trade we can match and they still miss out on him..,
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Crazyman wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:22 am
Windy_Hill wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:40 pm Dodoro played the dumbest of dumb hardball with the Swans. Even if Daniher had been fit there remained every likelihood he would have still gone end of 2020. We should have taken their offer...Pick 9 and future first round pick (likely to be a top 5 selection). We then could have gone all out for Cameron.
You forget, he’s a restricted free agent. It would have to be a godfather offer from the swans for us not to match it. It’s best for us to try for a trade again if thier still interested and he still wants out...

Unlike last year - I would think that JD now believes that the club is going all out on his treatment and may have a slightly different attitude towards the club.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

yes i understand that but can you imagine how bad the optics will look if the club "denies" him his wishes two years in a row. If Daniher wants to leave, assuming the Swans are still on board after all the drama and what is likely to be another nothing season from Joey, then they will hold all the bargaining chips. I would settle for a first rounder and pair that up with our own first rounder for an elite mid or two. Then we use the Daniher Money and more to get Cameron on Free Agency . Any other choice would be negligent.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Windy_Hill wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:48 pm

yes i understand that but can you imagine how bad the optics will look if the club "denies" him his wishes two years in a row. If Daniher wants to leave, assuming the Swans are still on board after all the drama and what is likely to be another nothing season from Joey, then they will hold all the bargaining chips. I would settle for a first rounder and pair that up with our own first rounder for an elite mid or two. Then we use the Daniher Money and more to get Cameron on Free Agency . Any other choice would be negligent.
If the Swans rate him as highly as EFC, there is no chance a single first round pick will do the job. Even if he has no impact this year, we hold all the cards and it’s upto the Swans to get it done.

Only if EFC think a compo pick is worth more will they let him walk...and I don’t see that happening.