Joe Daniher's Groin, Calf, Moustache, Little Pinky

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Re: Joe Daniher's Groin, Calf, Moustache, Little Pinky

Post by Windy_Hill » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:27 pm

Silvagni was shattered. Kept screaming at some random goal umpire claiming the ball was touched.

Sleep well SOS you knob.

s'dreams
Club Captain

Post by s'dreams » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:05 pm

F111 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:45 pm
TW going early. Daniher to stay. edit: correct!
Buggered up Carlscum getting Papley & maybe Martin too! Double bonus. =D>
No - Carlton buggered up Martin all by themselves.

It was joyous listening to SEN towards the end of the trading period as a couple of Carlton diehards phoned to accuse EFC of deliberatelt trying to f*** them up... last year the "last second decision to give the second 1st round pick" for Shiel I assume and so snatch him from under Carlton's nose and hinder them from making other trades.

Pity we didn't get Powell-Pepper or suchlike in this year's trade. I do hope there is a 22 year old mature age fellow we can pick up who can do a bit of bullocking.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:20 pm

s'dreams wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:05 pm
F111 wrote:

It was joyous listening to SEN towards the end of the trading period as a couple of Carlton diehards phoned to accuse EFC of deliberatelt trying to f*** them up... last year the "last second decision to give the second 1st round pick" for Shiel I assume and so snatch him from under Carlton's nose and hinder them from making other trades.

Pity we didn't get Powell-Pepper or suchlike in this year's trade. I do hope there is a 22 year old mature age fellow we can pick up who can do a bit of bullocking.
Hearing Martin is going to enter the PSD where Carlton will pick him up for nothing.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:47 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:20 pm
s'dreams wrote:
F111 wrote:

Hearing Martin is going to enter the PSD where Carlton will pick him up for nothing.
That’s if the Suns don’t take him back first 😂

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:40 pm

Windy_Hill wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:56 pm
BenDoolan wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:37 am
Windy_Hill wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:22 am
I'm hearing he is on the piss all the time...not good for an elite athlete undergoing comprehensive rehabilitation. Sorry if this comes across as insensitive but there is definitely more to this situation than is being discussed.
There was one reported “incident” when he had a glass of wine with his dinner (while injured).

If that’s the sort of problem we’re talking about, then the expectation on footballers are a joke.
Nope, a whole lot worse. That's all I can say.
Heard something tonight from an old friend with some sort of connection to the club. I’m hearing something other than grog. You?

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:06 am

So,why did Sydney really Baulk at taking him?Over to you Swans!

The Truth now,you hear?!

nudder12
Regular Senior Player

Post by nudder12 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:51 am

grassy1 wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:06 am

The Truth now,you hear?!
He wasn't worth as much to them, as he is to us.
Swans and EFC valued him differently.
That's it.

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:05 pm

nudder12 wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:51 am
grassy1 wrote:

The Truth now,you hear?!
That's it.
The Swans have a habit of not valuing Danihers highly. They saw fit to throw away Terry Daniher and Neale Daniher in the 70’. They threw away Anthony Daniher in the 80’s before he became an AA full back. They didn’t even bother with Chris.

They are dumb c****.

desmondo
Regular Senior Player

Post by desmondo » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:14 pm

Crazyman wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:47 pm
BenDoolan wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:20 pm
s'dreams wrote:
F111 wrote:

That’s if the Suns don’t take him back first 😂
Talking about powell-pepper or such, I`m thinking our new boy Cutler (a very good size) if he can play in the middle will be a great asset to the team. [-o<

Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:34 pm

Windy_Hill wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:07 am
Windy Hille wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:19 pm
Windy_Hill wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:52 pm
Windy Hille

I am waiting for you to highlight my hypocrisies and contrary statements.
Hello Mr Contrary
Windy_Hill wrote:
no one is bagging the guy
But...
Windy_Hill wrote:
But dont you think every Essendon supporter has a right to be a little pissed off with the bullshit reason being floated around as to why he is leaving.
And...
Windy_Hill wrote:
I'm hearing he is on the piss all the time...not good for an elite athlete undergoing comprehensive rehabilitation.
Plus...
Windy_Hill wrote:
Good luck Joey...lets hope this trade request becomes your best ever performance in an Essendon jumper
All this while contemplating trading him away for better options / picks. Because he seeks a trade, you disrespect him and diss him.

The mind boggles.
still proves nothing..in fact you have highlighted several consistent views. Yes i did say no one was bagging him in reference to other posters. I on the other hand find it odd that Joe has announced his wishes to leave the club on the basis of a lifestyle choice. Regarding his alleged drinking issues I was very careful to not reveal any details clearly said it was his business. These are issues previously reported in the media, perhaps unfairly. Goddard even alluded to Daniher's lack of professionalism and dedication during his rehab. I am not saying anything that is not already in the public domain although I am fully aware of the deeper truth to these allegations. Finally, my comment regarding trading Joe as being his most significant contribution is a tongue in cheek reference to the possible upside the club could receive in return. Just maybe we as a football team will be better for it in the long run. I do not see any of this as me character assassinating the individual nor have i flipped on any of my views throughout this period. In fact, if you want to go back some months, I even suggested then that Daniher could be the ideal trade option for the club...well before any of this current scenario, well before his Sydney catch up.

So on this issue at least, I believe I have been very consistent and avoided denigrating the player.

I am sure like most of us, passionate supporters, there are going to be times when we flip flop on opinions. Why is this a problem? Things change, circumstances change, opinions change.

Who knows, maybe one day you may change your views on Langford. I dont believe other than some light hearted banter, anyone would hold that against you.

What I object to is that you seem hell bent on ridiculing almost everything i post. Now, I will be the first to accept thst sometimes whst i say may come across as opinionated. No one is perfect. But having been a member of this forum since 2001 and a former writer for the Essendon web site, I feel pretty comfortable with my contribution to this site.

May I suggest for everyone's peace, that we bury the hatchet and try to just get along. Not against rigourous debate, but lets can the slanging matches.

I regret it if my manner has offended and apologise f that is the case.
No problama. All good 8)

My initial comment wasn’t aimed at anyone in particular. In fact, I jumped in here after reading many pathetic tweets on Joe and just wanted to rant about fickle fans. I suspect those fickle fungus types will now be cheering him on rather than sneering him...

:-k

nudder12
Regular Senior Player

Post by nudder12 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:31 am

Windy Hille wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:34 pm

No problama. All good 8)

My initial comment wasn’t aimed at anyone in particular. In fact, I jumped in here after reading many pathetic tweets on Joe and just wanted to rant about fickle fans. I suspect those fickle fungus types will now be cheering him on rather than sneering him...

WTF?
What are you...12 y.o.??
Got an issue with some tweeters? Then respond on Twitter instead of wasting pages and other members time on here !!
Honestly, as much as Windy Hill can be argumentative and contrary at times,they are usually just trying to bolster their own subjective views. But it seems (on occassion) you seek and thrive on contraryism just for the sake of it and to create argument.

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:20 am

nudder12 wrote:
grassy1 wrote:

The Truth now,you hear?!
That's it.
They value him, make no mistake about it. They simply got it wrong falsely believing that once he asked for a trade that a deal would get done as this has been the recent history.

They probably never expected Essendon would baulk at their offer given it was not dissimilar to the deal that landed Shiel at The Hangar. Trust me, they need a ready made replacement for Buddy whose days are clearly numbered.

I dont think Sydney will ever see Joe playing for them after this year's circus. If Joe is still hell bent on leaving then i would be watching out for Gold Coast who now have a significant war chest and may well have a more enticing offer next year. Either way, if there is any inkling that Joe remains determined to move on we need to be chatting up Cameron as a matter of priority.

nudder12
Regular Senior Player

Post by nudder12 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:37 am

Windy_Hill wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:20 am
nudder12 wrote:
grassy1 wrote:

The Truth now,you hear?!
That's it.
They value him, make no mistake about it. They simply got it wrong falsely believing that once he asked for a trade that a deal would get done as this has been the recent history.
Yeah, maybe, but (at least once Joe made his wishes known) there was no doubt from EFC about his value - Dodoro made it VERY clear what we wanted.

Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:22 am

nudder12 wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:31 am
Windy Hille wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:34 pm

No problama. All good 8)

WTF?
What are you...12 y.o.??
Got an issue with some tweeters? Then respond on Twitter instead of wasting pages and other members time on here !!
Honestly, as much as Windy Hill can be argumentative and contrary at times,they are usually just trying to bolster their own subjective views. But it seems (on occassion) you seek and thrive on contraryism just for the sake of it and to create argument.
And you are...2? The dummy spit, and throwing the rattle out of the cot doesn't seem to correspond with my post.

It's seems I've hit a raw nerve with you in my general comment. As you would have noticed (unless you're blind), I didn't engage a quote to make my statement, so it was general in nature. Whether it was twitter or any other platform, I can say what I like in whichever medium I wish.

So thanks for your juvenile response. It is duly noted. And duly discarded.

boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:06 pm

Windy_Hill wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:22 am
I'm hearing he is on the piss all the time...not good for an elite athlete undergoing comprehensive rehabilitation. Sorry if this comes across as insensitive but there is definitely more to this situation than is being discussed.
You need to listen to better sources.

Come climb on Uncle Boncers knee and he'll tell you the truth about Joe.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just better.

mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:03 pm

This whole JoeDan thing could blow right up in the clubs face. There are NO guarantees he will play again or that he will be able to recapture any of the great form he is known for but hasn't produced in a long time. We refused to trade him on a lick and a promise, in the belief our medico's and physio's can create miracles. The miracle is, that the EFC still have so many Members and supporters and that is to be celebrated.

There has been a malaise hanging around the club for years. I cannot see it lifting anytime soon. The EFC would have to be very good and have all the ducks lined up to get close to holding down top four or even have a crack. We are coming from long way behind the eight ball. We have to rid ourselves of our mediocrity attitudes first. My expectations of the club have dropped to ground zero so there's no way I will be disappointed whatever happens, sadly.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.

Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:41 pm

mdso wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:03 pm
This whole JoeDan thing could blow right up in the clubs face. There are NO guarantees he will play again or that he will be able to recapture any of the great form he is known for but hasn't produced in a long time. We refused to trade him on a lick and a promise, in the belief our medico's and physio's can create miracles. The miracle is, that the EFC still have so many Members and supporters and that is to be celebrated.

There has been a malaise hanging around the club for years. I cannot see it lifting anytime soon. The EFC would have to be very good and have all the ducks lined up to get close to holding down top four or even have a crack. We are coming from long way behind the eight ball. We have to rid ourselves of our mediocrity attitudes first. My expectations of the club have dropped to ground zero so there's no way I will be disappointed whatever happens, sadly.
Hear hear, as I said previously, it makes me sick to the guts thinking about the 2020 season which now seems to hinge on JD's almost complete recovery, change of mindset and enhanced accuracy :roll: :roll:
I think if we are to have any chance of pushing through to top 4, it will be led by Smith (if fit, again), and a couple of other surprise break-outs who hit their straps at the right time and carry us across the line. I wouldn't even dare say who they might be (No, one of them isn't Langers :D )

nudder12
Regular Senior Player

Post by nudder12 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:02 pm

Well I'm optimistic about next season. Why not be?
No reason why Joe won't be fit and firing. Same for the whole crew.

It's always darkest before the dawn.
The darkest nights mean you see the stars the most.

Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:19 am

nudder12 wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:02 pm

Love the optimism, but should dawns last 20 years???

nudder12
Regular Senior Player

Post by nudder12 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:26 am

Crazyman wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:19 am
nudder12 wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:02 pm

Love the optimism, but should dawns last 20 years???
Well, one response to that could be...the longer the dawn, the darker it seems....