Joe Daniher's Groin, Calf, Moustache, Little Pinky

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Re: Joe Daniher's Groin, Calf, Moustache, Little Pinky

Post by grassy1 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:48 am

Why do I hear this tune dancing through my head?

“Twinkle,twinkle,Little Star”!

:roll: :lol:

s'dreams
Club Captain

Post by s'dreams » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:33 pm

grassy1 wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:48 am
Why do I hear this tune dancing through my head?

“Twinkle,twinkle,Little Star”!

:roll: :lol:
Not sure - but if you also start talking to imaginary friends and develop a sudden interest in hunting knives - I'm off...
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:36 am

Only Don Music from Sesame Street and a Piano,with a Roving Reporting Frawg nearby,s’dreams. :lol:

PS - breathe easy.Knives are most certainly out of the picture. :wink:

DC2
High Draft Pick

Post by DC2 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:40 am

boncer34 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:06 pm
Windy_Hill wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:22 am
I'm hearing he is on the piss all the time...not good for an elite athlete undergoing comprehensive rehabilitation. Sorry if this comes across as insensitive but there is definitely more to this situation than is being discussed.
You need to listen to better sources.

Come climb on Uncle Boncers knee and he'll tell you the truth about Joe.
what is the truth about joe?

Read an article by damien barrett a couple of weeks ago and he said daniher just wanted out of the melbourne spotlight due to being sick and tired of the constant scrutiny over his injury, rehab etc. Kind of sounded like bs to me.

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:39 pm

DC2 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:40 am
boncer34 wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:
I'm hearing he is on the piss all the time...not good for an elite athlete undergoing comprehensive rehabilitation. Sorry if this comes across as insensitive but there is definitely more to this situation than is being discussed.

Read an article by damien barrett a couple of weeks ago and he said daniher just wanted out of the melbourne spotlight due to being sick and tired of the constant scrutiny over his injury, rehab etc. Kind of sounded like bs to me.
I wont be drawn into discussing the matter other than to say my source is an individual with direct business dealings with Joe and his issues run a little deeper than being suggested in Barrett's article. These issues may well manifest in Joe wanting a change of scenery and a fresh start....but it has nothing to do with the "Melbourne Bubble ". I thought it was enlightening that Goddard made derisory comments on Joe's allegedly unprofessional, read lazy, approach to his rehab.

Now before i get jumped on for falsely smearing Joe's character and reputation...I am not. I am being very careful to respect his privacy and not divulge any detail. But, as a paid up member who contributes to the guy's salary each year, it is absolutely fair enough that we question the root of the problem with Joe. I for one would love him to go on and have a wonderful career at Essendon but fully understand if he would prefer to kick start his footy and life elsewhere. I am all in for Joe who from all reports is a great young guy and I wish him all the best for what will be a challenging year to come.

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:59 pm

:mrgreen:
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:26 am

Windy_Hill wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:39 pm
DC2 wrote:
boncer34 wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:

I wont be drawn into discussing the matter other than to say my source is an individual with direct business dealings with Joe and his issues run a little deeper than being suggested in Barrett's article. These issues may well manifest in Joe wanting a change of scenery and a fresh start....but it has nothing to do with the "Melbourne Bubble ". I thought it was enlightening that Goddard made derisory comments on Joe's allegedly unprofessional, read lazy, approach to his rehab.

Now before i get jumped on for falsely smearing Joe's character and reputation...I am not. I am being very careful to respect his privacy and not divulge any detail. But, as a paid up member who contributes to the guy's salary each year, it is absolutely fair enough that we question the root of the problem with Joe. I for one would love him to go on and have a wonderful career at Essendon but fully understand if he would prefer to kick start his footy and life elsewhere. I am all in for Joe who from all reports is a great young guy and I wish him all the best for what will be a challenging year to come.
Of course we can sit in judgement here. We've all been through the "twenties" and all the distractions it can bring for a young man. We've also watched many other young AFL players handle prolonged injuries and unrealistic expectaions of their performance over the years and can compare their journies to Joey's if we want to. We've also contributed a small amount to his salary as Windy says. To say that we aren't qualified or aren't entitled to level criticism at his behaviour and his attitude is BS. That's what a forum's all about. As I see it, he still has to prove himself as being worth what we're paying him and I look forward to the first installment in March next year..

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:03 am

Just like supporters put up with the good and the bad in all sports(not just our beloved Aussie Rules Footy),so should it’s participants.It’s one thing for players to soak up the praise and adulation,that’s fine.But they should expect to cop it sweet,if they are criticised for poor performance.

I just hate that old chestnut that to be qualified to criticise,you have to have played the game.But that rules us out to praise players then,right?They can’t have it both ways!When the players out in a brilliant game,lap it up sure!But when it’s an absolute shocker,like the one we put up against the doggies,expect a deserved Blast!

So long as we don’t get bloody personal about it and focus on the players’ onfield mistakes when they stand out glaringly,then hopefully a right balance is generally struck in attitudes Of Jo/e Average towards players.

Of course,that doesn’t always necessarily happen though,.........

You wonder how attitudes crop up,when you get absolute Arseholes saying the things they say about a player’s infant daughter for instance,like some arise wipe did with Liam Ryan.That twit isn’t even human,let alone a footy supporter.

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:39 am

grassy1 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:03 am
Just like supporters put up with the good and the bad in all sports(not just our beloved Aussie Rules Footy),so should it’s participants.It’s one thing for players to soak up the praise and adulation,that’s fine.But they should expect to cop it sweet,if they are criticised for poor performance.

I just hate that old chestnut that to be qualified to criticise,you have to have played the game.But that rules us out to praise players then,right?They can’t have it both ways!When the players out in a brilliant game,lap it up sure!But when it’s an absolute shocker,like the one we put up against the doggies,expect a deserved Blast!

So long as we don’t get bloody personal about it and focus on the players’ onfield mistakes when they stand out glaringly,then hopefully a right balance is generally struck in attitudes Of Jo/e Average towards players.

Of course,that doesn’t always necessarily happen though,.........

You wonder how attitudes crop up,when you get absolute Arseholes saying the things they say about a player’s infant daughter for instance,like some arise wipe did with Liam Ryan.That twit isn’t even human,let alone a footy supporter.
I reckon you’ll fully support what JD is into :wink:
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:34 am

Windy_Hill wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:39 pm
DC2 wrote:
boncer34 wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just better.

Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:05 am

Here we go again :roll:

Innuendo, supposition, speculation, derision

Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:19 pm

I think if we do appear to be criticizing Joey directly or indirectly we are as much criticising the way he's been coached and handled. Anyway we will know the truth in a very short time that will be that.

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:07 pm

Windy Hille wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:05 am

My view is we move on and judge the guy based on his commitment to the team in the next 12 months. Let’s hope whatever his issues are he can get back on the track and start enjoying his footy again.

We desperately need him to do so.

boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:48 pm

Windy_Hill wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:07 pm
Windy Hille wrote:

My view is we move on and judge the guy based on his commitment to the team in the next 12 months. Let’s hope whatever his issues are he can get back on the track and start enjoying his footy again.

But you, of course, "know" what they are yeah? :lol:

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:17 pm

boncer34 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:48 pm
Windy_Hill wrote:
Windy Hille wrote:

Yes, that’s true. I am aware of one of the challenges the lad is facing, but as mentioned numerous times now, will say nothing more. Take it or leave it. I just think it is simplistic to judge him on loosely fabricated media reports.

boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:20 pm

Windy_Hill wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:17 pm
boncer34 wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:
Windy Hille wrote:

Yes, that’s true. I am aware of one of the challenges the lad is facing, but as mentioned numerous times now, will say nothing more. Take it or leave it. I just think it is simplistic to judge him on loosely fabricated media reports.
Not prepared to say it but prepared to insinuate it.

Glad to see you're still full of shit.

Oh and btw you've already said what it is, or did you forget you declared he's on the piss all the time?

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:58 am

boncer34 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:20 pm
Windy_Hill wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:17 pm
boncer34 wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:
Windy Hille wrote:

Not prepared to say it but prepared to insinuate it.

Glad to see you're still full of shit.

Oh and btw you've already said what it is, or did you forget you declared he's on the piss all the time?
As I said, not prepared to say any more than what I have said...so no insinuation. Just relaying in general what I was told. If it was wrong to do this then my apologies.

boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:12 am

Pass on back to your "source" he's a bigger moron than you.

Its piss easy to see he's taken the outrage over Joe having a couple of beers back end of 2018 (oh no bloke has a beer, he still drove home FFS), then added in Goddard comments and made a story up in his head.

Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:19 am

“I’m hearing he is on the piss all the time”

“I won’t be drawn into discussing the matter”

Think you have the balls to accuse him of having a drinking problem/ not being committed to his career - then you get challenged on it, your vagina gets moist, then try to take the high road? Give us a f****** spell, Windy.

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:16 pm

Gimps wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:19 am
“I’m hearing he is on the piss all the time”

“I won’t be drawn into discussing the matter”

Think you have the balls to accuse him of having a drinking problem/ not being committed to his career - then you get challenged on it, your vagina gets moist, then try to take the high road? Give us a f****** spell, Windy.

:o Interesting context you present here Gimps,on moisture.I wonder how many other scenarios like this can arise?