Who's on modified training?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
F111
Essendon Legend

Re: Who's on modified training?

Post by F111 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:26 am

From todays VFL game. No idea re the extent of the injuries.
Brandon Zerk-Thatcher (finger)
Kobe Mutch (leg)

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:31 am

F111 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:26 am
From todays VFL game. No idea re the extent of the injuries.
Brandon Zerk-Thatcher (finger)
Kobe Mutch (leg)
FFS!

:roll:
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:41 am

Yep,my sentiments exactly!

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:03 pm

What’s the word on Heppell?

nudder12
Regular Senior Player

Post by nudder12 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:13 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:03 pm
I have no idea, but he was in a moonboot all weekend apparently, so you'd have to think he'd be doubtful, given he's had the injury for a while.

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:15 pm

nudder12 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:13 pm
BenDoolan wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:03 pm
I have no idea, but he was in a moonboot all weekend apparently, so you'd have to think he'd be doubtful, given he's had the injury for a while.
Yeah, you don’t wear a moon boot just for the fashion. Sounds a bit more serious than a week’s rest.

nudder12
Regular Senior Player

Post by nudder12 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:17 pm

Apparently Hurley was in for scans on his hip today.
Laughed it off and did a bit of running later on, but hmmm.......

Windy Hille
High Draft Pick

Post by Windy Hille » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:52 pm

nudder12 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:17 pm
Apparently Hurley was in for scans on his hip today.
Laughed it off and did a bit of running later on, but hmmm.......
We’ll be buggered if he misses [-o<

nudder12
Regular Senior Player

Post by nudder12 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:26 pm

Today's update from the Club.

Heppell - test
Hurley - "hopefully available"
Mutch - fractured kneecap - lengthy time out (poor bugger)
BZT - compound finger dislocation - will be available this week
Ambrose - 2 weeks?
TBC - slow recovery - at least 5 weeks
Mozzie - 3 weeks
Stewart - still having issues - monitoring

s'dreams
Club Captain

Post by s'dreams » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:21 pm

nudder12 wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:26 pm
Today's update from the Club.

Heppell - test
Hurley - "hopefully available"
Mutch - fractured kneecap - lengthy time out (poor bugger)
BZT - compound finger dislocation - will be available this week
Ambrose - 2 weeks?
TBC - slow recovery - at least 5 weeks
Mozzie - 3 weeks
Stewart - still having issues - monitoring
Today' update from the AFL

Player Injury Estimated Return
Patrick Ambrose Quad 2-3 weeks
Tom Bellchambers Calf 5 weeks
Dyson Heppell Foot Test
Michael Hurley Hip Test
Irving Mosquito Hamstring 3-4 weeks
Kobe Mutch Knee TBC
James Stewart Groin TBC
Updated: Tuesday, July 9

Early prognosis

Heppell (foot) and Hurley (hip) will have to pass tests before playing North Melbourne on Saturday. Hurley has been managing hip issues for several years but required a scan this week and the Bombers are "hopeful" he will be available. Heppell seems more touch-and-go after missing last week's win over Sydney. Youngster Mutch is back on the injury list after suffering a fractured kneecap at VFL level and is expected to have an extended stint on the sidelines. - Callum Twomey
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:33 pm

Dyson has an unfused growth plate in his foot, he also has the same in his other side, which he eventually had pinned a few years ago,” club physical performance manager Justin Crow said on Tuesday.

“From time to time that gets sore. He was at the point at the end of last week where that soreness wasn’t at the point where we were prepared to put him into a game.

“We’ve given him a bit of time in the moon boot to see how much that settles this week and we’ll be testing him towards the end of this week to see whether or not he becomes available to play.

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:10 am

We’ll miss him,but if he(or anyone’s)not right to go,you don’t risk it,or pu5 them at risk.Old hat I know,but that’s the way it should be,no matter how desperate the stakes are,Grand Final included.

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:55 pm

My view is that rather than giving guys like Heppell and Hurley painkillers to get them through the year (assuming its as simple as that), I would rather see them taken off the list, have the surgery or whatever is needed done now, and have them fully fit by pre-season 2020.

We have to be thinking 2020 is our year to make a move with fit and healthy players

2019 will be a consolation prize at best

If we are to be a serious challenger for finals next year, it goes without saying that a fully fit Daniher, Smith, Draper, Bellchambers, Heppell, Hurley and Fantasia is an absolute imperative

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:56 pm

Windy_Hill wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:55 pm
My view is that rather than giving guys like Heppell and Hurley painkillers to get them through the year (assuming its as simple as that), I would rather see them taken off the list, have the surgery or whatever is needed done now, and have them fully fit by pre-season 2020.

We have to be thinking 2020 is our year to make a move with fit and healthy players

If we are to be a serious challenger for finals next year, it goes without saying that a fully fit Daniher, Smith, Draper, Bellchambers, Heppell, Hurley and Fantasia is an absolute imperative
And I will even back off on my criticisms of Woosha if this scenario played out

nudder12
Regular Senior Player

Post by nudder12 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:03 am

Windy_Hill wrote:

I don't really think it's viable to do that while we still have a chance of making finals. Even if it's not likely that we go far in the finals. Because you just never know what will happen. Even injuries to other teams can make a difference to our own chances.
Similarly, there are no guarantees about 2020 either, even if we start with a fit list. So I don't think you can give away a bird in the hand (so to speak) for just the mere chance of a better 2020.
As for dropping Woosha criticisms, he's already taken your suggested path with Daniher, Smith & Bellchambers.
There are many players on every team's list that play with injuries. You can't pack them all away. The Club makes judgements, and if they can viably play, then that's what they'll usually do. We have to presume the club knows where the line is drawn about playing now versus long-term damage.

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:24 pm

nudder12 wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:03 am
Windy_Hill wrote:

I don't really think it's viable to do that while we still have a chance of making finals. Even if it's not likely that we go far in the finals. Because you just never know what will happen. Even injuries to other teams can make a difference to our own chances.
Similarly, there are no guarantees about 2020 either, even if we start with a fit list. So I don't think you can give away a bird in the hand (so to speak) for just the mere chance of a better 2020.
As for dropping Woosha criticisms, he's already taken your suggested path with Daniher, Smith & Bellchambers.
There are many players on every team's list that play with injuries. You can't pack them all away. The Club makes judgements, and if they can viably play, then that's what they'll usually do. We have to presume the club knows where the line is drawn about playing now versus long-term damage.

I agree with you to a degree. The problem is if these guys are managed through the remainder of the season and even if we do make finals, in all likelihood they will be up for post season surgery and will suffer interrupted pre-season. I guess if we win the next 2 it will be worth persisting

Windy Hille
High Draft Pick

Post by Windy Hille » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:48 pm

Has there been another training mishap or fight at the club? Co-worker said something in regards to this...

F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:59 am

Hurls AC joint.

Hooker...dunno but he wasn't right second half.

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:32 pm

F111 wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:59 am
Hurls AC joint.

Hooker...dunno but he wasn't right second half.
Hooker was clearly playing under duress. Some sort of back problem apparently

F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:45 pm

Hurls 3-4 weeks I expect?
“Unfortunately Michael will undergo surgery in the coming days to repair the damage to the AC joint in his shoulder,” Richardson said.

“Once the surgery is complete, we will be in a better position to clarify the length of time he will be sidelined. While it’s a disappointing outcome, we remain hopeful Michael could return to play before season’s end.”