The new rules.

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Post Reply
User avatar
F111
Essendon Legend
Posts: 15192
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:55 pm

The new rules.

Post by F111 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:26 pm

I haven't really taken much notice so far.

How might the new rules change tactics, back, midfield & forwards?

Which teams might be best suited to take advantage?

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 7599
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: The new rules.

Post by grassy1 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:58 pm

I haven’t taken any notice at all.

Those Dickheads At AWFULL House Just think they know it all,with their noses up the NFL Arse,changing rules left,right and centre. :evil: [-X :-& :oops: :roll:

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 24902
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: The new rules.

Post by BenDoolan » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:12 pm

I’m trying to visualise it. Six, six and six at centre bounces. What you need is an extractor in the middle, who dishes off to a long kicking middy, who kicks deep into the forward line...

Bellchcho taps to Dev Smith, who handballs to Myers, who uses his big left boot to kick to Daniher one on one. Daniher marks it 9 times out of 10. The one time he drops it, Fantasia swoops and nails it.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

User avatar
Windy Hille
High Draft Pick
Posts: 707
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Re: The new rules.

Post by Windy Hille » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:34 pm

grassy1 wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:58 pm
I haven’t taken any notice at all.

Those Dickheads At AWFULL House Just think they know it all,with their noses up the NFL Arse,changing rules left,right and centre. :evil: [-X :-& :oops: :roll:
I think it’s a positive move. It’ll open the game up a bit. Be more opportunity for one on one contests that we crave. Hallelujah! I’m a believer in Bartlett’s interchange reduction model. Got to stop the flooding / rolling mails rubbish we see on a regular basis. Good move in my book.

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 7599
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: The new rules.

Post by grassy1 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:36 am

They’ll keep changing and changing until the game itself is completely unrecognisable to those who actually support the game.

The Rule changes are driven to please outsiders!

User avatar
F111
Essendon Legend
Posts: 15192
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:55 pm

Re: The new rules.

Post by F111 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:46 pm

I read in the Hun :roll: that EFC were #1 at centre clearances in '18. Adding Shiel shouldn't do that stat too much harm.

User avatar
s'dreams
Club Captain
Posts: 3658
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:48 pm

Re: The new rules.

Post by s'dreams » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:22 pm

grassy1 wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:36 am
They’ll keep changing and changing until the game itself is completely unrecognisable to those who actually support the game.

The Rule changes are driven to please outsiders!
Well I've heard that, to get the Coleman upwards of 100 goal in a year again, the AFL are considering making one player wear a GA bib (and they must start in the goal square at each bounce) while another two forwards are going to wear a GA bib... and that only those wearing bibs can kick goals. Any other player scores and it will be a point only.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

User avatar
rockhole
Club Captain
Posts: 4773
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:31 am
Location: La Grange

Re: The new rules.

Post by rockhole » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:46 pm

New rules had little impact at Princess Park tonight. It was pretty much 36 players versus the ball. The only real difference I notice was the full back not having to do a kick to himself b fore playing on which has some merit. Do not know what all the fuss was about.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark

User avatar
s'dreams
Club Captain
Posts: 3658
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:48 pm

Re: The new rules.

Post by s'dreams » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:40 pm

rockhole wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:46 pm
New rules had little impact at Princess Park tonight. It was pretty much 36 players versus the ball. The only real difference I notice was the full back not having to do a kick to himself b fore playing on which has some merit. Do not know what all the fuss was about.
I believe that the umps are under instruction for the prac matches to provide education rather than penalties. Otherwise two 6,6,6 infringements from Carlton would have been penalised by a free + 50m from the centre. That would have excited the social media pundits!
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 7599
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: The new rules.

Post by grassy1 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:53 pm

s'dreams wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:22 pm
grassy1 wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:36 am
They’ll keep changing and changing until the game itself is completely unrecognisable to those who actually support the game.

The Rule changes are driven to please outsiders!
Well I've heard that, to get the Coleman upwards of 100 goal in a year again, the AFL are considering making one player wear a GA bib (and they must start in the goal square at each bounce) while another two forwards are going to wear a GA bib... and that only those wearing bibs can kick goals. Any other player scores and it will be a point only.
That wouldn’t surprise me. :roll:

User avatar
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 11637
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:23 pm

Re: The new rules.

Post by Windy_Hill » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:24 am

why dont they just make the game basketball

mdso
Club Captain
Posts: 3026
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:55 am
Location: Merimbula, Far South Coast of N.SW.

Re: The new rules.

Post by mdso » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:04 pm

Who won the game?
Nothing usually happens until something happens.

Post Reply