Praccy Matches

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Re: Praccy Matches

Post by Windy_Hill » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:30 pm

s'dreams wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:33 pm

Questions have to be asked about Parrish (13 touches, 12 HB, 1 ineffective kick), Langford (17 touches, 11 HB 6 clangers and 53% efficiency) who played all 4 quarters. Frustrating as this should be the time in their development when these two are starting to really deliver.
Parish is in my opinion still too small for the role he is being given - inside extractor. He is not able to burst packs and as such as always under pressure thus the high percentage of quick, often ineffective hand balls. Langford also, too slow to break tackles and is often forced to handball under pressure.

Lot of work needed on both players still. Parish is 50/50 chance of being a long term prospect. Really needs to define/develop his role and step up to a more consistent and effective level. Is really not offering anything based on tonight's game

rockhole
Club Captain

Post by rockhole » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:41 pm

The play on at any cost game will improve. Skill levels were what you would expect in the first practice game of the year. Go and have a look at the Sydney game last year to see the kamikaze game at its best. It was so dark it was like being at the old Lakeside oval for the night footy!!!
First three quarter were pretty awful but then they pulled their fingers out to almost pinch it. Little out of the centre which was understandable as no TB and Hepps and Zach lacking fitness. They both went for a run at half time and were absolutely rooted at the end of it. Great to see Joey out there even though nil input apert from opening goal. Smith made an instant impact when he finally came on. Overall looked very stale but understandable. Hope they realise that round one is just around the corner.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark

boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:54 pm

Something to keep in mind

Time on ground

Carlton
Cripps 87%
Simpson 87%
Weitering 89%
McKay 89%
Jones 86%
Ploweman 89%
Curnow 80%
Murphy 72%
Walsh 80%
Thomas 74%

In fact the only 2 from their walk up 22 that played last night that didn't playing 70%+ were McGovern and C Curnow.

Compare that to Essendon

Shiel 51%
Heppell 39%
Smith 48%
Daniher 56%
McKernan 46%
Merrett 36%

That's our starting midfield, 2 key forwards and first mid rotation that spent hardly any time on the ground.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just better.

s'dreams
Club Captain

Post by s'dreams » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:16 pm

boncer34 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:54 pm

Time on ground

Carlton
Cripps 87%
Simpson 87%
Weitering 89%
McKay 89%
Jones 86%
Ploweman 89%
Curnow 80%
Murphy 72%
Walsh 80%
Thomas 74%

In fact the only 2 from their walk up 22 that played last night that didn't playing 70%+ were McGovern and C Curnow.

Compare that to Essendon

Shiel 51%
Heppell 39%
Smith 48%
Daniher 56%
McKernan 46%
Merrett 36%

That's our starting midfield, 2 key forwards and first mid rotation that spent hardly any time on the ground.
Yeah - but their kids beat up our kids...
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

bpdons
High Draft Pick

Post by bpdons » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:14 pm

I couldn’t care less how much game time our players had.
We lost to Carlton.

This has to stop

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:24 pm

s'dreams wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:16 pm
boncer34 wrote:

Time on ground

Carlton
Cripps 87%
Simpson 87%
Weitering 89%
McKay 89%
Jones 86%
Ploweman 89%
Curnow 80%
Murphy 72%
Walsh 80%
Thomas 74%

Compare that to Essendon

Shiel 51%
Heppell 39%
Smith 48%
Daniher 56%
McKernan 46%
Merrett 36%

They didn’t beat up McGrath, they didn’t beat up Ridley. Like I said before, they hate us more than we hate them. Their waning (not wanking) fan base needs a pre season win against the arch enemy to keep them on board their rusted bolt (not Bolton) bucket of a bandwagon.

We were our typically shit ridden pre season selves. Didn’t we get rolled by a 100+ against Richmond in the first JLT last year?

My only concern is we cannot have a slow start to the real season like last year. Form is fleeting and we will want to bounce back with a stronger performance next week

nudder12
Regular Senior Player

Post by nudder12 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:33 pm

Windy_Hill wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:24 pm
s'dreams wrote:
boncer34 wrote:

Time on ground

Carlton
Cripps 87%
Simpson 87%
Weitering 89%
McKay 89%
Jones 86%
Ploweman 89%
Curnow 80%
Murphy 72%
Walsh 80%
Thomas 74%

Compare that to Essendon

Shiel 51%
Heppell 39%
Smith 48%
Daniher 56%
McKernan 46%
Merrett 36%

My only concern is we cannot have a slow start to the real season like last year. Form is fleeting and we will want to bounce back with a stronger performance next week
See...that's the bit that bugs me. OK, it's just JLT, but we've been planning and practising for months how we want to play, and then play like that....not real encouraging.

nudder12
Regular Senior Player

Post by nudder12 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:34 pm

s'dreams wrote:
boncer34 wrote:

Time on ground

Carlton
Cripps 87%
Simpson 87%
Weitering 89%
McKay 89%
Jones 86%
Ploweman 89%
Curnow 80%
Murphy 72%
Walsh 80%
Thomas 74%

Compare that to Essendon

Shiel 51%
Heppell 39%
Smith 48%
Daniher 56%
McKernan 46%
Merrett 36%

Wasn't even our kids that their kids beat up. They beat up much more seasoned players. Ouch.

Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:19 pm

Some of you people really make my brain hurt. Boncer’s post about TOG is a perfect example of why we didn’t win. It was also Carlton’s second practice match versus our first. And, if you actually watched the game properly, you would have seen that many of our players were only going at 3/4 as they didn’t want to get cooked or get injured. One of our players confirmed that to me today.

I will make special mention of my old mate Langford. He was putrid.

nudder12
Regular Senior Player

Post by nudder12 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:47 pm

Gimps wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:19 pm
Some of you people really make my brain hurt. Boncer’s post about TOG is a perfect example of why we didn’t win. It was also Carlton’s second practice match versus our first. And, if you actually watched the game properly, you would have seen that many of our players were only going at 3/4 as they didn’t want to get cooked or get injured. One of our players confirmed that to me today.

I will make special mention of my old mate Langford. He was putrid.
Yeah, nah.
Boncer's TOG was selective....let's see EFC's most TOG to compare V Carlton's most TOG.
But I'm not being negative, I don't care, I'm just saying.... And I did point out it was our first outing against Carlton's second.
About Langford....was ordinary...but are you saying that's because he didn't care, or just that he WAS putrid?

Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:14 am

Boncer did clearly explain that only 2 of their walk up 2 played less than 70% game time. He then pointed out 6 of ours that are two key forwards and our best 4 midfielders. Pretty clear discrepancy.

Langford was sloppy, even if he wasn’t putting in 100%. He was getting pushed off the ball by skinny rakes and getting caught way too easily (common theme with him). He added very little value to the team. I sure hope he improves, I’d like him to be successful - but I’m still sceptical.

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:58 am

Same ol’ lame excuses being trotted out to explain the same ol’ lame loss against the same ol’ lame opposition. Please spare me this shit. We’ve seen and heard it for too many years.

I know some will say “It’s only a practice match”

Well, if you’re not practising to win, then you’re practising to fail. Perhaps it’s time to give a shit during these matches. Perhaps it’s time to show everyone you mean some business for once. Instead, let’s come out and lose to wooden spooners. GAGF.

I honestly don’t know how some of you don’t get tired of this f****** rubbish.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

s'dreams
Club Captain

Post by s'dreams » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:24 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:58 am
Same ol’ lame excuses being trotted out to explain the same ol’ lame loss against the same ol’ lame opposition. Please spare me this shit. We’ve seen and heard it for too many years.

Well, if you’re not practising to win, then you’re practising to fail. Perhaps it’s time to give a shit during these matches. Perhaps it’s time to show everyone you mean some business for once. Instead, let’s come out and lose to wooden spooners. GAGF.

It's Charlie Brown, Lucy and the Football each year for the past 18...

Some folk never recognize the likely outcome ...

Well apparently the players did do something different ... with the runner restrictions, there is a new electronic board that tells players when to come off and has codes for different setups... pity is its only an A4 size and held near the interchange bench.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:56 pm

My theory is that Essendon’s coaching panel believe that lightning cant strike twice and therefore better to lose to Carlton now than in the season proper.

However, we should never lay down against these bastards....they still gloat about 1999 and taking our finals place during the supplements fallout.

Fuckem....we should never give those pricks an inch. We have consistently taken it up the a-hole from Carlton and I cant accept that. Terry Daniher, Simon Madden, Roger Merrett, Merv Neagle, Billy Duckworth and the dozens of warriors who fought tooth and nail to beat the scum dont deserve to watch the current team continually bend over to these pricks.

Don’t forget what that c*** Fitzpatrick did to our football club

So lets move on but Christ, we better smash these bastards when the serious stuff starts.

Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:53 am

Sadly yes someone please tell me that Carlton already doesn't have a psychological advantage over Essendon every time they meet this year. And show me one bomber fan who doesn't have a sinking feeling in the pit of their stomach right now . Regardless of anything it's not a way to start the season

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:02 am

They gloat about such things,because despite all their Bullshit,they know we’ve Hurt them!And they hate us for it!

They’ve had their success against us,as we have against them.

It’s 3 All between us and them in The Big One,but as we know,our Wins have been Most Comfortable,whilst their’s have been deadset lucky!

They can talk their Shit if they want,but we know deep inside,what it means to make them Suffer and eat shit!

:D 8) :twisted: :mrgreen: :lol:

mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:29 pm

We have had a lot of positive press this year and maybe it went to our heads. Early days yet, however, if we continue to play from behind for three quarters in the season proper, we can expect to be beaten.

Slow starters, let's see what happens next week and the week after that and hope to god, we learn between now and then to extract the digit and get a move on. I hope we do better than last year however I have no great expectations.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.

boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:08 pm

s'dreams wrote:
boncer34 wrote:

Time on ground

Carlton
Cripps 87%
Simpson 87%
Weitering 89%
McKay 89%
Jones 86%
Ploweman 89%
Curnow 80%
Murphy 72%
Walsh 80%
Thomas 74%

Compare that to Essendon

Shiel 51%
Heppell 39%
Smith 48%
Daniher 56%
McKernan 46%
Merrett 36%

And they should. Carlton have a lot more higher draft picks in their kids.

Lucky for us we aren't relying on our kids come round 1.

boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:11 pm

BenDoolan wrote:

Except its not an excuse. Its a fact.

Their best 18 played the majority of the match, ours didn't. They should've won by more.

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:12 pm

boncer34 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:11 pm
BenDoolan wrote:

Except its not an excuse. Its a fact.

Their best 18 played the majority of the match, ours didn't. They should've won by more.
Yes, yes, facts.

Their best 18 produced 2 wins for the season in 2018 (and we were one of those magical 2 wins).

Please Bonce, if you’re going to trot out the “but our best players only played 50% of the game, while their best players played 90%”, can you at least do it when we play a decent side and not against a club who has won 5 spoons since 2000 - one as recently as 6 months ago.

Half of those you mentioned played in the first half when we were getting done like a dinner.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!