Praccy Matches

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
User avatar
Gimps
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 7810
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:11 pm
Location: Bumfuck Idaho

Re: Praccy Matches

Post by Gimps » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:47 pm

JLT 1 2018

Freo 101 - WCE 39

WCE won the flag. Freo were putrid.

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 24902
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Praccy Matches

Post by BenDoolan » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:03 am

Gimps wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:47 pm
JLT 1 2018

Freo 101 - WCE 39

WCE won the flag. Freo were putrid.
And of course the correlation of us losing JLT matches and winning flags has been...

But I take your point. I expect nothing less this year :wink:
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

User avatar
boncer34
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 9149
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:14 pm

Re: Praccy Matches

Post by boncer34 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:22 am

BenDoolan wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:12 pm
boncer34 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:11 pm
BenDoolan wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:58 am
Same ol’ lame excuses being trotted out to explain the same ol’ lame loss against the same ol’ lame opposition. Please spare me this shit. We’ve seen and heard it for too many years.

I know some will say “It’s only a practice match”

Well, if you’re not practising to win, then you’re practising to fail. Perhaps it’s time to give a shit during these matches. Perhaps it’s time to show everyone you mean some business for once. Instead, let’s come out and lose to wooden spooners. GAGF.

I honestly don’t know how some of you don’t get tired of this f****** rubbish.
Except its not an excuse. Its a fact.

Their best 18 played the majority of the match, ours didn't. They should've won by more.
Yes, yes, facts.

Their best 18 produced 2 wins for the season in 2018 (and we were one of those magical 2 wins).

Please Bonce, if you’re going to trot out the “but our best players only played 50% of the game, while their best players played 90%”, can you at least do it when we play a decent side and not against a club who has won 5 spoons since 2000 - one as recently as 6 months ago.

Half of those you mentioned played in the first half when we were getting done like a dinner.
Yeah and you put that 2 win side in the VFL they win the flag.

Its simple reality, no second team beats a senior team in the AFL.

Staggering this concept is so hard to understand.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just better.

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 24902
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Praccy Matches

Post by BenDoolan » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:21 pm

boncer34 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:22 am
BenDoolan wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:12 pm
boncer34 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:11 pm
BenDoolan wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:58 am
Same ol’ lame excuses being trotted out to explain the same ol’ lame loss against the same ol’ lame opposition. Please spare me this shit. We’ve seen and heard it for too many years.

I know some will say “It’s only a practice match”

Well, if you’re not practising to win, then you’re practising to fail. Perhaps it’s time to give a shit during these matches. Perhaps it’s time to show everyone you mean some business for once. Instead, let’s come out and lose to wooden spooners. GAGF.

I honestly don’t know how some of you don’t get tired of this f****** rubbish.
Except its not an excuse. Its a fact.

Their best 18 played the majority of the match, ours didn't. They should've won by more.
Yes, yes, facts.

Their best 18 produced 2 wins for the season in 2018 (and we were one of those magical 2 wins).

Please Bonce, if you’re going to trot out the “but our best players only played 50% of the game, while their best players played 90%”, can you at least do it when we play a decent side and not against a club who has won 5 spoons since 2000 - one as recently as 6 months ago.

Half of those you mentioned played in the first half when we were getting done like a dinner.
Yeah and you put that 2 win side in the VFL they win the flag.

Its simple reality, no second team beats a senior team in the AFL.

Staggering this concept is so hard to understand.
LOL, you’ve become Filthy and you don’t even know it.

Next instalment: “those damned umpires cost us”
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

User avatar
boncer34
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 9149
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:14 pm

Re: Praccy Matches

Post by boncer34 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:26 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:21 pm
boncer34 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:22 am
BenDoolan wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:12 pm
boncer34 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:11 pm
BenDoolan wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:58 am
Same ol’ lame excuses being trotted out to explain the same ol’ lame loss against the same ol’ lame opposition. Please spare me this shit. We’ve seen and heard it for too many years.

I know some will say “It’s only a practice match”

Well, if you’re not practising to win, then you’re practising to fail. Perhaps it’s time to give a shit during these matches. Perhaps it’s time to show everyone you mean some business for once. Instead, let’s come out and lose to wooden spooners. GAGF.

I honestly don’t know how some of you don’t get tired of this f****** rubbish.
Except its not an excuse. Its a fact.

Their best 18 played the majority of the match, ours didn't. They should've won by more.
Yes, yes, facts.

Their best 18 produced 2 wins for the season in 2018 (and we were one of those magical 2 wins).

Please Bonce, if you’re going to trot out the “but our best players only played 50% of the game, while their best players played 90%”, can you at least do it when we play a decent side and not against a club who has won 5 spoons since 2000 - one as recently as 6 months ago.

Half of those you mentioned played in the first half when we were getting done like a dinner.
Yeah and you put that 2 win side in the VFL they win the flag.

Its simple reality, no second team beats a senior team in the AFL.

Staggering this concept is so hard to understand.
LOL, you’ve become Filthy and you don’t even know it.

Next instalment: “those damned umpires cost us”
I read that a lot on facebook actually though I didn't even notice the umpires except for the warnings for the 6-6-6 thing.

And I'm becoming filthy because I accept that our reserves aren't just going to rock up and smack an AFL team coz Carlton suck? Talk about a stretch. If we'd actually played our full strength unit against that mob and lost I'd be loading up on us to miss the 8.

If we turn up Thursday night and get belted I'll be concerned, we can't afford to play sub 50% TOG for our first choice midfield this week.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just better.

User avatar
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 11637
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:23 pm

Re: Praccy Matches

Post by Windy_Hill » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:01 pm

Essendon's biggest threat to success this year will be between the ears

We have as much talent as any other finals contender. But this is a scarred team that is still finding its way back to being an Alpha Football Club that brutalises its opponents instead of some soy drinking hipster movement which gathers for daily cuddles.


The current team lacks hard men.

Mid 80s - Merrett, Duckworth, Harvey, Neagle, Daniher, Heard, Williams, Thompson

Late 90's - Hardwick, Solomon, Jason and Mark Johnson, Wallis, Long, Lloyd

2019 -?????

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 24902
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Praccy Matches

Post by BenDoolan » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:14 pm

boncer34 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:26 pm
BenDoolan wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:21 pm
boncer34 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:22 am
BenDoolan wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:12 pm
boncer34 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:11 pm


Except its not an excuse. Its a fact.

Their best 18 played the majority of the match, ours didn't. They should've won by more.
Yes, yes, facts.

Their best 18 produced 2 wins for the season in 2018 (and we were one of those magical 2 wins).

Please Bonce, if you’re going to trot out the “but our best players only played 50% of the game, while their best players played 90%”, can you at least do it when we play a decent side and not against a club who has won 5 spoons since 2000 - one as recently as 6 months ago.

Half of those you mentioned played in the first half when we were getting done like a dinner.
Yeah and you put that 2 win side in the VFL they win the flag.

Its simple reality, no second team beats a senior team in the AFL.

Staggering this concept is so hard to understand.
LOL, you’ve become Filthy and you don’t even know it.

Next instalment: “those damned umpires cost us”
I read that a lot on facebook actually though I didn't even notice the umpires except for the warnings for the 6-6-6 thing.

And I'm becoming filthy because I accept that our reserves aren't just going to rock up and smack an AFL team coz Carlton suck? Talk about a stretch. If we'd actually played our full strength unit against that mob and lost I'd be loading up on us to miss the 8.

If we turn up Thursday night and get belted I'll be concerned, we can't afford to play sub 50% TOG for our first choice midfield this week.
Our “reserves”, as you call it, had more than 200 AFL games experience over Carlton. You can fidget with the numbers all you like with TOG etc, etc, all I see is lame excuses trying to defend to indefensible.

We’ll see if we have eradicated our pure lazy shitness when it comes to the season proper. But you know as well as I do, they have consistently delivered shit sandwiches against putrid opposition. I think it was you who actually posted our rotten record in this regard over the past 15 years. Starting the pre-season with this effort doesn’t inspire any confindence that they will change that.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

User avatar
boncer34
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 9149
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:14 pm

Re: Praccy Matches

Post by boncer34 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:28 pm

Not fiddling anything. Our best 22 spent f*** all time together on the park, thats not fiddling or opinion or anything but a fact.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just better.

User avatar
s'dreams
Club Captain
Posts: 3658
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:48 pm

Re: Praccy Matches

Post by s'dreams » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:05 pm

On another matter - I have a Freo supporting ex-workmate.

She wants us to give back the 4th round pick for Colyer after tonights' praccy match (he got 11 touches, 7 HB, 4clangers and 36% accuracy). I don't think we even used it did we?
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 24902
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Praccy Matches

Post by BenDoolan » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:27 pm

s'dreams wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:05 pm
On another matter - I have a Freo supporting ex-workmate.

She wants us to give back the 4th round pick for Colyer after tonights' praccy match (he got 11 touches, 7 HB, 4clangers and 36% accuracy). I don't think we even used it did we?
Future 4th round.

If there's one thing we can assure our improvement for this year, it's the offloading of the fumble factory 8)
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

Rover99
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 1099
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:23 am

Re: Praccy Matches

Post by Rover99 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:12 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:27 pm
s'dreams wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:05 pm
On another matter - I have a Freo supporting ex-workmate.

She wants us to give back the 4th round pick for Colyer after tonights' praccy match (he got 11 touches, 7 HB, 4clangers and 36% accuracy). I don't think we even used it did we?
Future 4th round.

If there's one thing we can assure our improvement for this year, it's the offloading of the fumble factory 8)


Dont worry. Well find someone to take his place. May have already found him. :D

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 7600
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: Praccy Matches

Post by grassy1 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:41 pm

What’s the go with Fix Footy replaying these Scratch Matches straight after the games have been played?

Why not delve into a vast array of Night and/or Pre-Season matches that really had some meaning to them?

There’s at least 30 or 35 years of material to work with.Who wants to watch the Dorkers and Flies again? :-& :shock: :roll:

User avatar
Windy Hille
High Draft Pick
Posts: 707
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Re: Praccy Matches

Post by Windy Hille » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:03 pm

grassy1 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:41 pm
What’s the go with Fix Footy replaying these Scratch Matches straight after the games have been played?

Why not delve into a vast array of Night and/or Pre-Season matches that really had some meaning to them?

There’s at least 30 or 35 years of material to work with.Who wants to watch the Dorkers and Flies again? :-& :shock: :roll:
Replaced with what?

Strange...

User avatar
s'dreams
Club Captain
Posts: 3658
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:48 pm

Re: Praccy Matches

Post by s'dreams » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:43 pm

Team vs Geelong for Praccy Match 2

B: P.Ambrose 29, M.Brown 28, A.Saad 42
HB: A.Francis 10, M.Hurley 18, A.McGrath 1
C: D.Heppell 21, J.Stringer 25, M.Guelfi 35
HF: D.Smith 5, D.Myers 23, D.Zaharakis 11
F: M.Baguley 12, J.Daniher 6, A.McDonald-Tipungwuti 43
FOLL: T.Bellchambers 2, D.Shiel 9, J.Ridley 14
I/C: C.McKenna 45, D.Parish 3, B.Ham 33, S.Draper 38, K.Langford 4, D.Clarke 37, Z.Merrett 7, O.Fantasia 13

Emerg: J.Stewart 17, J.Laverde 15, S.McKernan 44, J.Long 34

A few young-uns getting a run this week, Would have like to see Laverde get another run - I thought he went OK last week. Would have like to see Zerk-T get a look in as well.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 24902
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Praccy Matches

Post by BenDoolan » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:54 pm

s'dreams wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:43 pm
Team vs Geelong for Praccy Match 2

B: P.Ambrose 29, M.Brown 28, A.Saad 42
HB: A.Francis 10, M.Hurley 18, A.McGrath 1
C: D.Heppell 21, J.Stringer 25, M.Guelfi 35
HF: D.Smith 5, D.Myers 23, D.Zaharakis 11
F: M.Baguley 12, J.Daniher 6, A.McDonald-Tipungwuti 43
FOLL: T.Bellchambers 2, D.Shiel 9, J.Ridley 14
I/C: C.McKenna 45, D.Parish 3, B.Ham 33, S.Draper 38, K.Langford 4, D.Clarke 37, Z.Merrett 7, O.Fantasia 13

Emerg: J.Stewart 17, J.Laverde 15, S.McKernan 44, J.Long 34

A few young-uns getting a run this week, Would have like to see Laverde get another run - I thought he went OK last week. Would have like to see Zerk-T get a look in as well.
Yeah, I don’t get why they don’t give Ber-Zerk a crack. He’s a good footballer.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 7600
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: Praccy Matches

Post by grassy1 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:00 pm

Windy Hille wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:03 pm
grassy1 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:41 pm
What’s the go with Fix Footy replaying these Scratch Matches straight after the games have been played?

Why not delve into a vast array of Night and/or Pre-Season matches that really had some meaning to them?

There’s at least 30 or 35 years of material to work with.Who wants to watch the Dorkers and Flies again? :-& :shock: :roll:
Replaced with what?

Strange...
1981 Night Grand Final for starters.Any neutral can’t be bored with that. 8) :-"

User avatar
boncer34
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 9149
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:14 pm

Re: Praccy Matches

Post by boncer34 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:08 am

BenDoolan wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:54 pm
s'dreams wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:43 pm
Team vs Geelong for Praccy Match 2

B: P.Ambrose 29, M.Brown 28, A.Saad 42
HB: A.Francis 10, M.Hurley 18, A.McGrath 1
C: D.Heppell 21, J.Stringer 25, M.Guelfi 35
HF: D.Smith 5, D.Myers 23, D.Zaharakis 11
F: M.Baguley 12, J.Daniher 6, A.McDonald-Tipungwuti 43
FOLL: T.Bellchambers 2, D.Shiel 9, J.Ridley 14
I/C: C.McKenna 45, D.Parish 3, B.Ham 33, S.Draper 38, K.Langford 4, D.Clarke 37, Z.Merrett 7, O.Fantasia 13

Emerg: J.Stewart 17, J.Laverde 15, S.McKernan 44, J.Long 34

A few young-uns getting a run this week, Would have like to see Laverde get another run - I thought he went OK last week. Would have like to see Zerk-T get a look in as well.
Yeah, I don’t get why they don’t give Ber-Zerk a crack. He’s a good footballer.
Agreed.

Btw Benny we get smacked tonight and my melt down will be impressive.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just better.

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 24902
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Praccy Matches

Post by BenDoolan » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:27 pm

boncer34 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:08 am
BenDoolan wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:54 pm
s'dreams wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:43 pm
Team vs Geelong for Praccy Match 2

B: P.Ambrose 29, M.Brown 28, A.Saad 42
HB: A.Francis 10, M.Hurley 18, A.McGrath 1
C: D.Heppell 21, J.Stringer 25, M.Guelfi 35
HF: D.Smith 5, D.Myers 23, D.Zaharakis 11
F: M.Baguley 12, J.Daniher 6, A.McDonald-Tipungwuti 43
FOLL: T.Bellchambers 2, D.Shiel 9, J.Ridley 14
I/C: C.McKenna 45, D.Parish 3, B.Ham 33, S.Draper 38, K.Langford 4, D.Clarke 37, Z.Merrett 7, O.Fantasia 13

Emerg: J.Stewart 17, J.Laverde 15, S.McKernan 44, J.Long 34

A few young-uns getting a run this week, Would have like to see Laverde get another run - I thought he went OK last week. Would have like to see Zerk-T get a look in as well.
Yeah, I don’t get why they don’t give Ber-Zerk a crack. He’s a good footballer.
Agreed.

Btw Benny we get smacked tonight and my melt down will be impressive.
Haha, I might be more tolerant :wink:

We generally play better against better opposition. That’s what frustrates me. Anyway, we’ll see what transpires...
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

User avatar
s'dreams
Club Captain
Posts: 3658
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:48 pm

Re: Praccy Matches

Post by s'dreams » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:48 pm

In front at 1/4 time. Not exactly sure how. Turnovers, rather than winning in the guts.

Playing an exhausting style of footy. Ridley looking good.

Francis should stop playing on!
Last edited by s'dreams on Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

User avatar
F111
Essendon Legend
Posts: 15192
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:55 pm

Re: Praccy Matches

Post by F111 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:50 pm

D'field 11 Q1 possies...who is on him?

Post Reply