HUGE INJURY NEWS

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Daisy..1
High Draft Pick

HUGE INJURY NEWS

Post by Daisy..1 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:22 pm

Hooker injured the soleus muscle in his calf at training and is now expected to miss up to six weeks. It follows an interrupted pre-season with a niggling hamstring complaint. Shiel (quad) should play against Geelong in the club's second JLT Community Series, while Fantasia (quad) should also face the Cats. Jok (concussion) has been ruled out for the game with some symptoms still lingering. – Ben Guthrie

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Re: HUGE INJURY NEWS

Post by Windy_Hill » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:52 pm

Hooker was always going to be underdone after being on modified training...a 6 week leg injury will make it hard for him to get his fitness levels up to a suitable standard until later in the season.

Francis, Hartley and Ambrose in the wings makes this a palatable injury....not happy, but it’s not a disaster

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:40 pm

Blast and darn it! #-o :roll:

nudder12
Regular Senior Player

Post by nudder12 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:48 am

Windy_Hill wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:52 pm
Hooker was always going to be underdone after being on modified training...a 6 week leg injury will make it hard for him to get his fitness levels up to a suitable standard until later in the season.

Francis, Hartley and Ambrose in the wings makes this a palatable injury....not happy, but it’s not a disaster
Firstly.....with EFC injury reports history, it'll be a lot longer than 6 weeks.
Secondly.....I'll reserve my judgement about how palatable it is, until I know who'll be replacing him. Not all of those suggested are suitable in my opinion. And there are other options.

Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:07 pm

Very bad and sad in so many ways. Hooks was hopefully going to stamp himself back in his old slot with periodic stints up front if our new forward lineup comes under pressure. Personally, I feel very sorry for him. He got f***** around in 2018 and deserved to just get on with it this year and get some steady results and kudos for himself. :(

Windy Hille
High Draft Pick

Post by Windy Hille » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:01 pm

Ah bugger!!!!!!

Don’t tell me it’s going to be one of those seasons where injuries constantly hits out top end players. Flup!

:evil:

Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:31 pm

Hooker out and you trot out Ambrose, Francis and Hartley as replacements and it’s not a bad result????

Hooker and Hurley down back frees up a player like Francis to read the play, zone off and rebound.

None of those mentioned (or anyone else on our list that’s available) provides that. It totally f**** our structure...

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:26 pm

Crazyman wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:31 pm
Hooker out and you trot out Ambrose, Francis and Hartley as replacements and it’s not a bad result????

Hooker and Hurley down back frees up a player like Francis to read the play, zone off and rebound.

None of those mentioned (or anyone else on our list that’s available) provides that. It totally f**** our structure...
I am not disagreeing but its not a "Total"disaster - we do have options. Hartley for a start which keeps Francis free

You have Ambrose, Brown, Ridley and even Zerk T in the wings as well.

Our structure has not been totally f*****....for Christ sake Hooker spent 2 years in the Forward line and we managed to field a defensive 6

Anyway, it is what is is and the above mentioned players are just going to have to fill the void.

McKenna Hartley Saad
Francis Hurley Ridley

(Gleeson, Dea, McNiece recovering from injury - Hooker back by Round 4 - based on a six week layoff)

Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:09 pm

Windy_Hill wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:26 pm
Crazyman wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:31 pm

I am not disagreeing but its not a "Total"disaster - we do have options. Hartley for a start which keeps Francis free

You have Ambrose, Brown, Ridley and even Zerk T in the wings as well.

Our structure has not been totally f*****....for Christ sake Hooker spent 2 years in the Forward line and we managed to field a defensive 6

Anyway, it is what is is and the above mentioned players are just going to have to fill the void.

McKenna Hartley Saad
Francis Hurley Ridley

(Gleeson, Dea, McNiece recovering from injury - Hooker back by Round 4 - based on a six week layoff)
Yes, it’s only pre season, not every club is showing thier tactics, but please tell me you don’t still stand by your comments...