EFC Hall of Shame

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Post Reply
User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 25586
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

EFC Hall of Shame

Post by BenDoolan » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:52 am

Needs its own thread.

A continuation of the stolen hall of shame from Big Footy...

2005:
- R2 vs Carlton @ MCG (4 point loss to eventual wooden spooners after leading by 28 points)
- R6 vs Brisbane @ ES (48 point loss at home to then bottom of the ladder, Brisbane)
- R20 vs Hawthorn @ MCG (13 point loss to then 14th placed Hawthorn)

2006:
- R7 vs Carlton @ MCG (33 point loss to eventual wooden spooners)
- R9 vs Port Adelaide @ ES (60 point loss at home to then 15th placed Port Adelaide)
- R16 vs Carlton @ MCG (Draw to eventual wooden spooners after leading by 12 points in the final two minutes)
- R20 vs Hawthorn @ ES (18 point loss to then 14th placed Hawthorn after trailing by 61 points at Half Time)

2007:
- R3 vs Carlton @ MCG (3 point loss to eventual 15th placed team after leading by 48 points at Half Time)
- R19 vs Fremantle @ Subiaco (63 point loss to 13th placed team)
- R21 vs Richmond @ MCG (27 point loss to eventual wooden spooners)

2008:
- R19 vs West Coast @ Subiaco (10 point loss to 15th placed team)

2009:
- R4 vs North Melbourne @ ES (12 point loss to then 12th placed team)
- R17 vs Richmond @ MCG (5 point loss to then 15th placed team)
- R18 vs West Coast @ Subiaco (27 point loss to then 14th placed team)
- R21 vs Fremantle @ Subiaco (54 point loss to then 15th placed team)

2010:
- R4 vs West Coast @ Subiaco (23 point loss to then 14th placed team and eventual wooden spooners)
- R14 vs Adelaide @ AAMI (84 point loss to then 14th placed team)
- R15 vs Melbourne @ MCG (19 point loss to then 14th placed team)
- R16 vs West Coast @ ES (32 point loss to then 16th placed team and eventual wooden spooners)
- R21 vs Brisbane @ ES (27 point loss to then 14th placed team)

2011:
- R11 vs Melbourne @ MCG (33 point loss to eventual 13th placed Melbourne, a team that had been thrashed in their previous three games)

2012:
- R10 vs Melbourne @ MCG (6 point loss to then 17th placed Melbourne who were winless with a percentage of 51.8%, we started the game in 2nd position)
- R22 vs Richmond @ MCG (45 point loss to eventual 12th placed Richmond)

2013:
- R8 vs Brisbane @ ES (8 point loss to then 15th placed Brisbane)
- R20 vs West Coast @ ES (53 point loss to eventual 13th placed West Coast)

2014:
- R5 vs St Kilda @ ES (16 point loss to eventual wooden spooners St Kilda)
- R13 vs Melbourne @ MCG (1 point loss to eventual 17th placed Melbourne after leading by 24 points in the second half)
- R23 vs Carlton @ MCG (Draw against 13th placed Carlton)

2015:
- R10 vs Geelong @ ES (Goalless at Half Time against 12th placed Geelong, who kicked the first 10 goals of the game in an eventual 69 point loss)
- R14 vs St Kilda @ ES (110 point loss against 13th placed St Kilda)
- R21 vs Gold Coast @ MS (2 point loss to 16th placed Gold Coast)

2016:
- Irrelevant due to player bans and finishing 18th

2017:
- R3 vs Carlton @ MCG (15 point loss to winless 16th placed Carlton)
- R7 vs Fremantle @ Subiaco (37 point loss to 11th placed Fremantle after leading by 19 points in the second half)
- R14 vs Sydney @ SCG (1 point loss to then 12th placed Sydney after leading by 19 points with 4 minutes to go)
- R15 vs Brisbane @ ES (8 point loss to then 18th placed & eventual wooden spooner Brisbane after leading by 20 points in the final quarter)

2018:
- R2 vs Fremantle @ Subiaco (16 point loss to then 17th placed side)
- R3 vs Western Bulldogs @ ES (21 point loss to then winless 18th placed side with a percentage of 47.6%)
- R8 bd Carlton @ MCG (13 point loss to the eventual wooden spooners who only won 2 games for the year)

2019:
- R2 vs St. Kilda @ MS (11 point loss to a suspected bottom 4 side) remains to be seen
- R8 vs Sydney @ SCG (5 point loss to 18th placed Swans without Buddy Franklin)
- R20 vs Bulldogs @MS (104 point loss to 10th placed club when we were sitting in 7th place)
Last edited by BenDoolan on Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

User avatar
s'dreams
Club Captain
Posts: 4144
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:48 pm

Re: EFC Hall of Shame

Post by s'dreams » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:22 am

You forgot the off-field shit Benny

Like the date of self-reporting (look at the others who didn't and they're laughing), the date of the Vlad phone call, the date of Evan's resignation, the date that Wally f***** up the database etc etc...
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

desmondo
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 1003
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:37 pm

Re: EFC Hall of Shame

Post by desmondo » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:52 am

s'dreams wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:22 am
You forgot the off-field shit Benny

Like the date of self-reporting (look at the others who didn't and they're laughing), the date of the Vlad phone call, the date of Evan's resignation, the date that Wally f***** up the database etc etc...
AND fatpatricks SOLE INTENT was to f*** the Essendon Football Club up, and guess what?....looks like he succeeded :evil: :evil:

Fat arrogant c*** must be laughing. :evil:

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 25586
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: EFC Hall of Shame

Post by BenDoolan » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:26 pm

desmondo wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:52 am
s'dreams wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:22 am
You forgot the off-field shit Benny

Like the date of self-reporting (look at the others who didn't and they're laughing), the date of the Vlad phone call, the date of Evan's resignation, the date that Wally f***** up the database etc etc...
AND fatpatricks SOLE INTENT was to f*** the Essendon Football Club up, and guess what?....looks like he succeeded :evil: :evil:

Fat arrogant c*** must be laughing. :evil:
No, no, let’s just present the onfield stuff here. It is, after all, the shit we’ve witnessed on the scoreboard every year. We do have a “f*** off c****” thread for the other shit...
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

User avatar
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 12127
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:23 pm

Re: EFC Hall of Shame

Post by Windy_Hill » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:12 pm

It’s simply stunning how we have allowed Carlton to boss us over the years. I remember Judd saying somewhere that the young kids upon joining Carlton are taught to despise Essendon and its the first thing every player does each year is to mark the Essendon games in their calendar. They honestly believe it’s a guaranteed 8 points a season.

We will never be a “great” club until we learn to reciprocate with thes carnts

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 8200
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: EFC Hall of Shame

Post by grassy1 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:03 pm

If I didn’t know any better,I’d reckon Judd caught a bad case of Dorkeritis.

Win 8 points off the Weagle bastards and they reckon they’ve won the Flag.Too bad for Judd people over here think they got better value out of the trade for Kennedy.Whaddoyareckon Chris? :shock:

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 25586
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: EFC Hall of Shame

Post by BenDoolan » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:37 pm

Windy_Hill wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:12 pm
It’s simply stunning how we have allowed Carlton to boss us over the years. I remember Judd saying somewhere that the young kids upon joining Carlton are taught to despise Essendon and its the first thing every player does each year is to mark the Essendon games in their calendar. They honestly believe it’s a guaranteed 8 points a season.

We will never be a “great” club until we learn to reciprocate with thes carnts
Horrendously soft. Seriously. Weak as piss.

It is unbelievable that we have lost to eventual wooden spooners 8 times since 2005. 8 f****** times!!!

And all the while, I bet every coach and assistant coach over this time would have sprouted “we will take great learnings from this game”

Hahahahaha, we simply don’t learn. Dumb as dogshit.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

nudder12
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 1971
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:47 pm

Re: EFC Hall of Shame

Post by nudder12 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:47 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:37 pm
Hahahahaha, we simply don’t learn. Dumb as dogshit.
Why do you think that is Ben? As you often point out, the Club's errors and weaknesses continue on.
But we've had several coaches over that time, plenty of changes in playing personnell. So why does that culture remain do you think?

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 25586
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: EFC Hall of Shame

Post by BenDoolan » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:11 am

nudder12 wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:47 pm
BenDoolan wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:37 pm
Hahahahaha, we simply don’t learn. Dumb as dogshit.
Why do you think that is Ben? As you often point out, the Club's errors and weaknesses continue on.
But we've had several coaches over that time, plenty of changes in playing personnell. So why does that culture remain do you think?
It is beyond me.

Maybe we just don’t recruit the right type of player. Or we just don’t have adequate programs to develop mentally strong footballers. Do we even have a sports psychologist? Have we tried a ‘Leading Teams’ program?

We keep seeing these impotent efforts year after year. They are just not mentally switched on. Little things like laughing / smiling after missing sitters from 10 metres out. Smiling after getting hammered by 12 goals. These are signs that players either don’t care, or don’t have a deep sense of disappointment. Because if they did, they wouldn’t repeat such crap.

How can these zombies lose to eventual wooden spooners one minute, then beat eventual premiers the next (last season)?

Maybe it’s ingrained within the club. A soft, feeble culture. We just breed mediocrity.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

nudder12
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 1971
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:47 pm

Re: EFC Hall of Shame

Post by nudder12 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:19 am

BenDoolan wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:11 am
nudder12 wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:47 pm
BenDoolan wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:37 pm
Hahahahaha, we simply don’t learn. Dumb as dogshit.
Why do you think that is Ben? As you often point out, the Club's errors and weaknesses continue on.
But we've had several coaches over that time, plenty of changes in playing personnell. So why does that culture remain do you think?
It is beyond me.

Maybe we just don’t recruit the right type of player. Or we just don’t have adequate programs to develop mentally strong footballers. Do we even have a sports psychologist? Have we tried a ‘Leading Teams’ program?

We keep seeing these impotent efforts year after year. They are just not mentally switched on. Little things like laughing / smiling after missing sitters from 10 metres out. Smiling after getting hammered by 12 goals. These are signs that players either don’t care, or don’t have a deep sense of disappointment. Because if they did, they wouldn’t repeat such crap.

How can these zombies lose to eventual wooden spooners one minute, then beat eventual premiers the next (last season)?

Maybe it’s ingrained within the club. A soft, feeble culture. We just breed mediocrity.
Yeah, beats me too. There doesn't seem to be any tangible reason, yet it continues.
Maybe it's as simple as success breeds success....and vice versa??

User avatar
Windy Hille
High Draft Pick
Posts: 977
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Re: EFC Hall of Shame

Post by Windy Hille » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:28 pm

Makes you sick!

:-& :-& :-& :-& :-& :-&

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 25586
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: EFC Hall of Shame

Post by BenDoolan » Sat May 11, 2019 12:47 am

Updated.

f****** charlatans.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

mdso
Club Captain
Posts: 3150
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:55 am
Location: Merimbula, Far South Coast of N.SW.

Re: EFC Hall of Shame

Post by mdso » Sat May 11, 2019 1:14 am

What is really going to piss me off is people I know who barrack for Carlton and Collingwood. I AM IN FOR AN ALMIGHTY EAR FULL.
We are the laughing stock, the scapegoat of the AFL. This club I love is second rate.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.

User avatar
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 12127
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:23 pm

Re: EFC Hall of Shame

Post by Windy_Hill » Sat May 11, 2019 2:50 am

mdso wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 1:14 am
What is really going to piss me off is people I know who barrack for Carlton and Collingwood. I AM IN FOR AN ALMIGHTY EAR FULL.
We are the laughing stock, the scapegoat of the AFL. This club I love is second rate.

Carlton are a Banter Club at best - all talk - nothing to worry about there, They will remain shit for another ten years.

We on the other hand may only be shit for another 8 or 9 years

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 8200
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: EFC Hall of Shame

Post by grassy1 » Sat May 11, 2019 7:17 am

Can’t keep the current coach for that long,can we? :-"

User avatar
Windy Hille
High Draft Pick
Posts: 977
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Re: EFC Hall of Shame

Post by Windy Hille » Sat May 11, 2019 2:59 pm

grassy1 wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 7:17 am
Can’t keep the current coach for that long,can we? :-"
Extended contract.

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 25586
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: EFC Hall of Shame

Post by BenDoolan » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:37 pm

Updated.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

User avatar
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 12127
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:23 pm

Re: EFC Hall of Shame

Post by Windy_Hill » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:42 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:37 pm
Updated.
I would keep a slot free for next week as well.

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 8200
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: EFC Hall of Shame

Post by grassy1 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:48 am

Losing to the Dorkers and RoLy(Ross Lyon)?

Double the mention in this year’s edition.

:-& :oops: #-o :roll: :evil:

Post Reply