R6 Essendon v Collingwood (ANZAC Day)

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
User avatar
F111
Essendon Legend
Posts: 15271
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:55 pm

Re: R6 Essendon v Collingwood (ANZAC Day)

Post by F111 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:36 am

nudder12 wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:24 am
.........
Considering there was no-one on the field that deserved the booing at the time, then why did it happen? Are fans too dim to realise their "villians" have left the stage?
TBH, I'm a bit tired of the "they have a right" defence - these days everyone thinks they have a "right" to everything - but it doesn't make them right.
EFC fans weren't happy when Hird got booed at the GF Norm Smith presentation, and it's pretty much the same scenario - wrong time, wrong place.
How do you stop an angry collective demonstrating their displeasure to a sh!te umpiring performance in a game that was hugely competitive with edge of the seat anticipation everywhere? Yep, they should've stopped, but it's footy and there's emotion and beer involved amongst 1000's. Pendlebury was a clear BoG and is a very fair footballer imo. He deserved that medal whether they won or not and didn't deserve to hear what he did, even if it wasn't about him.

The more that AFL boss twat craps on about what he thinks about booing, the more he encourages it. One way to make an Ozzie do something is to tell him he shouldn't. Buckley made a single statement and moved on trying not to add to it. Much wiser.

User avatar
F111
Essendon Legend
Posts: 15271
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:55 pm

Re: R6 Essendon v Collingwood (ANZAC Day)

Post by F111 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:39 am

s'dreams wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:20 pm
But Barrett takes the cake...
Essendon supporters' post-match booing on Anzac Day was pathetic. And selfish.

Spare me the reasons why. Don't care for attempts at justifications which will no doubt centre on perceived umpire bias, and perceived views that Scott Pendlebury, the standout best-afield, ducked his head and got a free.
This from the same supporter group which moralised and sooked it up big-time when opposition fans booed Jobe Watson in 2013.
Right - so it's bad for Essendon supporters to boo when Pendelbury is getting a gong ... but its bad form for Essendon supporters to get upset when an Essendon player is boo'ed.

Get f***** you flog!
=D>

User avatar
F111
Essendon Legend
Posts: 15271
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:55 pm

Re: R6 Essendon v Collingwood (ANZAC Day)

Post by F111 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:46 pm

Just gotta say, the bugler nailed it =D>

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 25196
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: R6 Essendon v Collingwood (ANZAC Day)

Post by BenDoolan » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:52 pm

F111 wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:46 pm
Just gotta say, the bugler nailed it =D>
Magnificent. Makes the hairs stand up on the back of your neck.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

User avatar
F111
Essendon Legend
Posts: 15271
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:55 pm

Re: R6 Essendon v Collingwood (ANZAC Day)

Post by F111 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:17 pm


User avatar
Windy Hille
High Draft Pick
Posts: 810
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Re: R6 Essendon v Collingwood (ANZAC Day)

Post by Windy Hille » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:28 am

Spine tingling!

mdso
Club Captain
Posts: 3061
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:55 am
Location: Merimbula, Far South Coast of N.SW.

Re: R6 Essendon v Collingwood (ANZAC Day)

Post by mdso » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:00 pm

Its so interesting how so many supporters and the media are up in arms about the boo'ing by Essendon Supporters at the MCG on Anzac Day. They were boo'ing the umpires, make no bones about it.

Its strange. because I didn't witness this much concern and compassion about mental health issues and the morality of such behaviour when Jobe Watson was boo'ed and not only at the West Coast game. There wasn't the same sort of concern for anyone's mental health when the media parked outside the Hird family home on their front lawn for six months. Or the media abuse they copped for years. Did anyone give a thought about the Hird children being bullied and victimized simply for being James Hird's children. And; what about the vendetta at Tania Hird for daring to disagree and argue with the AFL? My God talk about hypocrisy! Then, there is what was deemed to be acceptable behaviour by anyone who felt inclined to needle any Essendon supporter anywhere just for the hell and sheer enjoyment of it.

Those who were affected/effected by what happened and some still are; it hasn't gone away, once again were reminded on Anzac Day how easy it is to find yourself back in that space. The umpiring was biased. Thank goodness our players had enough gumption to rise above it, do their best and almost won the game. We had the opportunity to win in the last quarter but we made many mistakes under immense pressure. They were magnificent.

It shows the courage, the strength and the fibre of everyone who loves the red and black. Hang in there our time will come its not far away.
AND; WHEN IT DOES HOW SWEET IT WILL BE.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.

mdso
Club Captain
Posts: 3061
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:55 am
Location: Merimbula, Far South Coast of N.SW.

Re: R6 Essendon v Collingwood (ANZAC Day)

Post by mdso » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:07 pm

BTW BUCKS, we weren't boo'ing Pendles or the presentation of the medal, we were boo'oing the Umpires and the AFL. Just so you know!!!
Nothing usually happens until something happens.

User avatar
hop
Club Captain
Posts: 3756
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:41 am
Location: Napier Street

Re: R6 Essendon v Collingwood (ANZAC Day)

Post by hop » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:55 pm

mdso wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:00 pm
Its so interesting how so many supporters and the media are up in arms about the boo'ing by Essendon Supporters at the MCG on Anzac Day. They were boo'ing the umpires, make no bones about it.

Its strange. because I didn't witness this much concern and compassion about mental health issues and the morality of such behaviour when Jobe Watson was boo'ed and not only at the West Coast game. There wasn't the same sort of concern for anyone's mental health when the media parked outside the Hird family home on their front lawn for six months. Or the media abuse they copped for years. Did anyone give a thought about the Hird children being bullied and victimized simply for being James Hird's children. And; what about the vendetta at Tania Hird for daring to disagree and argue with the AFL? My God talk about hypocrisy! Then, there is what was deemed to be acceptable behaviour by anyone who felt inclined to needle any Essendon supporter anywhere just for the hell and sheer enjoyment of it.

Those who were affected/effected by what happened and some still are; it hasn't gone away, once again were reminded on Anzac Day how easy it is to find yourself back in that space. The umpiring was biased. Thank goodness our players had enough gumption to rise above it, do their best and almost won the game. We had the opportunity to win in the last quarter but we made many mistakes under immense pressure. They were magnificent.

It shows the courage, the strength and the fibre of everyone who loves the red and black. Hang in there our time will come its not far away.
AND; WHEN IT DOES HOW SWEET IT WILL BE.
I was with you until you wrote 'needle any Essendon supporter"
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.

desmondo
High Draft Pick
Posts: 965
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:37 pm

Re: R6 Essendon v Collingwood (ANZAC Day)

Post by desmondo » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:09 pm

Of all the pathetic dweebs I`ve known of in my lifetime, Whateley AND Barrett would top the list. Poorer physical specimens would be hard to find. (I hope that`s not too personal or 'trolling' or whatever, cause I don`t even know what that is) :lol: purely my opinion.

They both believe that they are so knowledgable about the game, that they are god-like in the football world.

And while I`m having rant about people in media, I wish Mark Robinson would grow a pair of balls and start sticking up for the club he is 'supposed' to support, ESSENDON. He has been SOOOO f****** quiet through EVERYTHING that has been thrown at us over the past few years in particular, that it makes me sick, he doesn`t even offer positive opinions about the club, that I can remember. I feel like he is scared of the powers that be, plus half of them would probably be his drinking buddies, shit and we can`t upset them Mark, ever, can we??. GROW A PAIR MARK. It would make for a pleasant change for Essendon to have a 'positive' voice among the media.

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 7826
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: R6 Essendon v Collingwood (ANZAC Day)

Post by grassy1 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:14 am

mdso wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:07 pm
BTW BUCKS, we weren't boo'ing Pendles or the presentation of the medal, we were boo'oing the Umpires and the AFL. Just so you know!!!


I agree to a point,but our timing was a bit off,wasn’t it?

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 7826
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: R6 Essendon v Collingwood (ANZAC Day)

Post by grassy1 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:17 am

desmondo wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:09 pm
Of all the pathetic dweebs I`ve known of in my lifetime, Whateley AND Barrett would top the list. Poorer physical specimens would be hard to find. (I hope that`s not too personal or 'trolling' or whatever, cause I don`t even know what that is) :lol: purely my opinion.

They both believe that they are so knowledgable about the game, that they are god-like in the football world.

And while I`m having rant about people in media, I wish Mark Robinson would grow a pair of balls and start sticking up for the club he is 'supposed' to support, ESSENDON. He has been SOOOO f****** quiet through EVERYTHING that has been thrown at us over the past few years in particular, that it makes me sick, he doesn`t even offer positive opinions about the club, that I can remember. I feel like he is scared of the powers that be, plus half of them would probably be his drinking buddies, shit and we can`t upset them Mark, ever, can we??. GROW A PAIR MARK. It would make for a pleasant change for Essendon to have a 'positive' voice among the media.
He’s probably loathe to give up his Media Pass,therefore too scared to Rock The Boat!

User avatar
Windy Hille
High Draft Pick
Posts: 810
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Re: R6 Essendon v Collingwood (ANZAC Day)

Post by Windy Hille » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:54 pm

grassy1 wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:14 am
mdso wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:07 pm
BTW BUCKS, we weren't boo'ing Pendles or the presentation of the medal, we were boo'oing the Umpires and the AFL. Just so you know!!!


I agree to a point,but our timing was a bit off,wasn’t it?
The odd thing was why were our supporters there for the ceremony?

mdso
Club Captain
Posts: 3061
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:55 am
Location: Merimbula, Far South Coast of N.SW.

Re: R6 Essendon v Collingwood (ANZAC Day)

Post by mdso » Wed May 01, 2019 7:01 pm

Hop - if it never happened to you then I'm glad for you. There were terrible stuff happening and not just in Melbourne. I live in N.S.W.

I had a bloke walk up to me in a public car park, never seen him before in my life, punch the Essendon sticker on the back window of my van missing my head by a few inches. The second time I was abused, I removed the decal off the window. Friends of mine had their car windows smashed. I know others who were given a hard time and heckled and had to remove themselves from public places to get away from the abuse. One Essendon player whose Mum is a friend, was threatened and spat on. I hope no other players or supporters from any other club, ever have to go through that sort of disgraceful behaviour again. I have never witnessed such malice, it was frightening.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 7826
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: R6 Essendon v Collingwood (ANZAC Day)

Post by grassy1 » Wed May 01, 2019 10:05 pm

Strength in numbers my friends.

If it’s still a bit hairy,don’t go around in Bombers’ Gear alone.

If some dickhead smashes your car,don’t put up with that shit.

Pursue the prick for full recompense,anyway possible,but be smart about it.

I’ve been lucky I suppose,given the baggin’ and booin’ we’ve copped.I only ever worn Essendon gear at the footy,or the occasional Friday nighter at the Pub.

Most people who don’t follow Essendon,might take the piss and we can handle that,but it’s pretty laid back amongst Winter Circles.

User avatar
Windy Hille
High Draft Pick
Posts: 810
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Re: R6 Essendon v Collingwood (ANZAC Day)

Post by Windy Hille » Thu May 02, 2019 7:03 pm

grassy1 wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 10:05 pm
Strength in numbers my friends.

If it’s still a bit hairy,don’t go around in Bombers’ Gear alone.

If some dickhead smashes your car,don’t put up with that shit.

Pursue the prick for full recompense,anyway possible,but be smart about it.

I’ve been lucky I suppose,given the baggin’ and booin’ we’ve copped.I only ever worn Essendon gear at the footy,or the occasional Friday nighter at the Pub.

Most people who don’t follow Essendon,might take the piss and we can handle that,but it’s pretty laid back amongst Winter Circles.
Johnny McEnroe spring to mind!

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 7826
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: R6 Essendon v Collingwood (ANZAC Day)

Post by grassy1 » Fri May 03, 2019 1:05 am

Do go on Windy.

User avatar
Windy Hille
High Draft Pick
Posts: 810
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Re: R6 Essendon v Collingwood (ANZAC Day)

Post by Windy Hille » Fri May 03, 2019 2:50 pm

grassy1 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 1:05 am
Do go on Windy.
“YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!!!!!!”

:lol:

User avatar
hop
Club Captain
Posts: 3756
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:41 am
Location: Napier Street

Re: R6 Essendon v Collingwood (ANZAC Day)

Post by hop » Sat May 04, 2019 12:01 pm

mdso wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 7:01 pm
Hop - if it never happened to you then I'm glad for you. There were terrible stuff happening and not just in Melbourne. I live in N.S.W.

I had a bloke walk up to me in a public car park, never seen him before in my life, punch the Essendon sticker on the back window of my van missing my head by a few inches. The second time I was abused, I removed the decal off the window. Friends of mine had their car windows smashed. I know others who were given a hard time and heckled and had to remove themselves from public places to get away from the abuse. One Essendon player whose Mum is a friend, was threatened and spat on. I hope no other players or supporters from any other club, ever have to go through that sort of disgraceful behaviour again. I have never witnessed such malice, it was frightening.
Mate - point taken.

As a 40 odd year member, who goes every week, demonstrably Essendon to everyone who knows me, has the logo on my car and who prefers to stand in the 'Outer' even though I'm also a MCC Member......I won't go into how many discussions, arguments, altercations, acts of petulance and violence, threats (real and perceived) I have been subjected to, or witnessed, over the Saga in particular - but also over the decades since the 70's when footy was not the "tea and scones with the Vicar' affair it has evolved into.

I also played in the 70's and 80's as a 6'3' ruckman in country and metro footy.

So yeah l do know.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.

Post Reply