R6 Essendon v Collingwood (ANZAC Day)

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Re: R6 Essendon v Collingwood (ANZAC Day)

Post by grassy1 »

Yeah,us Aussies are good at blowing off some steam and cooling off after,so not much too worry about in some contexts! :D
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

Windy Hille wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:03 am Was listening to SEN on the way home and some Carlton supporter called in and made some comments about the game (surprisingly). Firstly, he complimented both clubs for the game they displayed, and then discussed the booing at the end. He thought it was just frustration at the end that caused the booing and not necessarily against Pendlebury himself. He said that we are lucky that we live in this country, because if this (bad umpiring) happened in any other code, in any other country, there would be a riot and flares going off. I tend to agree.
That's a part of what irritates me about the booing and the people that defend it - it's just a slide downwards towards what occurs in other codes.
Today it's booing, tomorrow it's abuse at opposing fans, then scuffles and violence, then.....
It's a true feature of our game and our fans that we can all enjoy a game of footy, side by side, without the issues that plague other codes/countries.
But we seem to be slowly moving toward a point where our self-righteousness,opinions, and "rights" are becoming more important than respect for others, and that is where I think the troubles begin.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Today it was booing but it was yesterday that scuffles and violence that would have broke out.

I have been round long enough to know games against the filth used to mandatarily bring out punch ups between the two big tribes of supporters.

I honestly can see what big fuss there is about booing. It's gone on forever and a day. If you cant vent frustration at the footy about what was tantamount to corrupt umpiring what can you do?
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

MH_Bomber wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:53 am Today it was booing but it was yesterday that scuffles and violence that would have broke out.

I have been round long enough to know games against the filth used to mandatarily bring out punch ups between the two big tribes of supporters.

I honestly can see what big fuss there is about booing. It's gone on forever and a day. If you cant vent frustration at the footy about what was tantamount to corrupt umpiring what can you do?
Exactly.

People having a go at people booing lol. Grow a pair. It ain’t gonna stop. It’ll only get louder the more you try and make a point of it. Anyone can cheer, and anyone can boo.

What are people proposing? Ban the boo??? Hahaha...Rightoooo :roll:
Essendunny
Wally
Top Up Player

Post by Wally »

No issue with the booing during the game and immediately after - especially when it is directed towards the umpires as they leave. As others have said = been part and parcel of the game for a long time and it won't change at all anytime soon.

From my seat at home watching on the TV, thought it was very poor form to be booing while someone was receiving a medal for best on ground - regardless of who it was and what they may have / may not have done during the game.

Sets an ugly precedent and will guarantee that come next ANZAC Day it will certainly occur again - especially if we happen to win and it's an Essendon player that wins the medal.

All it does is conveniently detract the media from what the real issue was and where the attention should be directed.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Wally wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:05 am No issue with the booing during the game and immediately after - especially when it is directed towards the umpires as they leave. As others have said = been part and parcel of the game for a long time and it won't change at all anytime soon.

From my seat at home watching on the TV, thought it was very poor form to be booing while someone was receiving a medal for best on ground - regardless of who it was and what they may have / may not have done during the game.

Sets an ugly precedent and will guarantee that come next ANZAC Day it will certainly occur again - especially if we happen to win and it's an Essendon player that wins the medal.

All it does is conveniently detract the media from what the real issue was and where the attention should be directed.
I think this has actually highlighted it more and there has been more discussion about the umpiring because of it. Certainly has been in the media. A lot of talk back was about the fact he received a contentious free kick rather than him being Pendlebury.

The fact is, if the umpiring wasn’t so damn SHIT, there would not have been any booing at all.
Essendunny
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

A lot of people round me including myself and my daughter simply left the minute the siren went. We lost and people were genuinely really pissed off with corrupt umpiring. So not all Bomber fans actually stayed to boo.

All I can report is there was genuinely a great deal of anger at number shocking decisions in the last quarter of the game.That anger at feeling robbed spilt over to booing the after match ceremonies.

Gerard Whately, Robbo, Sheahan and god knows who else can simply go and get f-cked if they are trying to impose this false morality on footy supporters. This holier than thou moral outrage makes me absolutely sick.

Whately better shut the f*** up if he wishes to universally deride Bomber fans. Last night he called the behaviour foul and Essendon as a club should apologise. Remember we play Geelong next and Ablett pro Folau tweet will hardly go unnoticed by many supporters.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

MH_Bomber wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:43 am A lot of people round me including myself and my daughter simply left the minute the siren went. We lost and people were genuinely really pissed off with corrupt umpiring. So not all Bomber fans actually stayed to boo.

All I can report is there was genuinely a great deal of anger at number shocking decisions in the last quarter of the game.That anger at feeling robbed spilt over to booing the after match ceremonies.

Gerard Whately, Robbo, Sheahan and god knows who else can simply go and get f-cked if they are trying to impose this false morality on footy supporters. This holier than thou moral outrage makes me absolutely sick.

Whately better shut the f*** up if he wishes to universally deride Bomber fans. Last night he called the behaviour foul and Essendon as a club should apologise. Remember we play Geelong next and Ablett pro Folau tweet will hardly go unnoticed by many supporters.
It’s f*ckwits like Whately that make me want to boo for the sake of booing. They can seriously get f*****.
Essendunny
Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 »

It was either Boooo, or boo-hoo so I choose Booooooo!! [-o<
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

If booing in general is a problem for Buckley,I’d be curious to know,if he took public umbrage with a dockers mob who boooed an eagles recipient of the Glendinning Medal?

If not,why not if booing matters that much to him?
Daisy..1
Regular Senior Player

Post by Daisy..1 »

hop wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:42 pm
nudder12 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:55 pm
hop wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:35 pm So did anyone see that coming? :roll:

They dominated at stoppages for the first half - and they played to their strengths and tempo.
Bellchambers is our biggest liability and it is clear that there is nothing we will do about it - I'd rather have Joey play ruck and give another tall forward a go.

Sheil was wasteful again.

TBH if their forwards were not so cocky and goal-hungry the game would have been almost over at half-time.

BUT THAT DOES NOT EXCUSE THE DETERMINED UMPIRING!!!

I've had an absolute gutful of this - At the end of the game the people spoke, but the media and the AFL will (and already have) spin this as something other than what it is.
Why the f**k do those maggots get to piss off into obscurity and our players have to stay behind and face the BS?

Heppell should have walked the team off the ground immediately afterward the siren.

F*** the niceties - we ain't winning any good-guy medals any time soon (if that ain't obvious to all).

If today isn't a turning point for this football club - I will be disgusted!
Today WAS a turning point - we've earned "belief". I saw the first half coming, just as I thought it would be. But to fight back from there and turn it around was something I didn't think they had in them. Well done boys.
Frankly I reckon TBC did OK. Was probably beaten, but so what, most ruckmen are pantsed by Grundy.
Umpiring was poor, but I don't think booing Pendlebury was warranted.
NO ONE BOOOOOOOOOED PENDLEBURY!

The Booing was continuous from the shitful umpiring decisions in the final minutes until the end of proceedings. The fans were outraged at the injustice and as paying customers they have a right.
Been having this same conversation with idiots at work all day today, so i have given up on the talk....Image
Attachments
boo2.jpg
boo2.jpg (54.39 KiB) Viewed 2576 times
Image]
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Gil McGlockenspein has come out today against Booing individual players
McLachlan characterised the booing during Scott Pendlebury's acceptance speech for the Anzac Medal as an "outpour of frustration", rather than being directed at any individual player and said it could not be compared to the booing of Adam Goodes which "crossed the line".

"Personally I don't quite understand booing and I don't like it and I certainly don't like targeting of champions with booing,"
... where were you in 2013 sir?

At least he has promised a review of the umpiring decisions (but watch the Ump dept and the AFL circle the wagons and claim "it was all OK".

But Barrett takes the cake...
Essendon supporters' post-match booing on Anzac Day was pathetic. And selfish.

Spare me the reasons why. Don't care for attempts at justifications which will no doubt centre on perceived umpire bias, and perceived views that Scott Pendlebury, the standout best-afield, ducked his head and got a free.
This from the same supporter group which moralised and sooked it up big-time when opposition fans booed Jobe Watson in 2013.
Right - so it's bad for Essendon supporters to boo when Pendelbury is getting a gong ... but its bad form for Essendon supporters to get upset when an Essendon player is boo'ed.

Get f***** you flog!
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Poor form there,Barrett! :evil:

What’s plain old booing now,compared to the newish fad of online trolling abuse?Especially,the BS from one eyed Party Political mouthpieces?!The stuff I read on that,especially after ABC Journo Patricia Karvalis(apologies if the spelling is wrong Patricia),copped an absolute belting,after her interview with a certain Barnaby Joyce.

I think boiling is the least of our problems compared to this societal issue!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Haha, Damien Barrett the imbecilic c***.

There’s a good song about him from the Wndy Hill Windsock podcast. Will post later.

But here’s to you Damo 🖕🏼
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

On a different note,there was 92 00+ at the game yesterday.

Only 72 000 on Wednesday,That knocks 2 Clubs out,though next year ANZAC DAY is on Saturday,with the leap year sending it there,so I guess half the Whingers will get a game on ANZAC DAY!

Happy now?! :shock:
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Hello Damian 👋🏼

To the tune of ‘Purple Rain’ by Prince (thanks to the Windy Hill Windsock)

I never meant to give you any thought
For the AFL asshole you do lick
But your disgusting comments goes to prove
That Damian Barrett you’re a purple prick

Purple prick, purple prick
There’s one thing I know and that is Damian Barrett is a purple prick

I never wanted to be a weekend lover
Because all you do is whinge and whine
But now you’ve gone and annoyed your masters
What are you going do now the AFL hates you Caroline?

There’s one thing I know and that is Barrett is a purple prick

Now Hutchy, you’ve been booted
From your job on The Footy Show
You stretch too far, just like your stomach
Which is f****** massive just like your humongous f****** ego

There’s one thing I know and that is Damian Barrett is a purple prick

There’s one thing I know and that is Damian Barrett is a f****** c*** of a purple prick

😎👍🏼
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

A fair case of Don’t hold back,what do you really think?! 8) :lol:
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

BenDoolan wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:46 pm Haha, Damien Barrett the imbecilic c***.

There’s a good song about him from the Wndy Hill Windsock podcast. Will post later.

But here’s to you Damo 🖕🏼
Isn't that dodging the swear filter Benny? Tsk Tsk Tsk

Just call the imbecile a fat fuckkety f****** f***wit
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

grassy1 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:10 pm On a different note,there was 92 00+ at the game yesterday.

Only 72 000 on Wednesday,That knocks 2 Clubs out,though next year ANZAC DAY is on Saturday,with the leap year sending it there,so I guess half the Whingers will get a game on ANZAC DAY!

Happy now?! :shock:
Bring back Monday night for the whingers
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Not a bad idea,s’dreams!

Except Foundation Day in June.

The Eagles and Dockers can get stuffed on that day!