R6 Essendon v Collingwood (ANZAC Day)

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 7010
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:51 pm
Location: Sydney (Don't hold it against me)
Contact:

Re: R6 Essendon v Collingwood (ANZAC Day)

Post by Crazyman » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:32 pm

Worst umpiring of the year. Surprised Tippa still has a head on shoulders...

nudder12
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 1971
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:47 pm

Re: R6 Essendon v Collingwood (ANZAC Day)

Post by nudder12 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:56 pm

MH_Bomber wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:03 pm
We should have won and we can definitely beat this mob in the future. The umpiring was nothing short of corrupt. I feel it was a valuable learning game.

Oh and shut the f-CK up Eddie and Buckley.

Also BOOOOOO'!!!!!!!!
Not sure what it was about Eddie that you're criticising, but what I heard from him post-match was defusing criticism of EFC fans (for booing), so good on him for that.

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 25587
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: R6 Essendon v Collingwood (ANZAC Day)

Post by BenDoolan » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:00 pm

grassy1 wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:24 am
Nah,I haven’t seen his old man yet this year.

A good mate of his old man is a regular at our games,so I’ll ask him where Mr Myers Snr has been lately.

Be critical of David if his footy warrants it mate,but try not to stick the boots in if possible,ok? :wink:
Better make that phone call to him quickly grassy. Gotta convince him to return home mate.

Was listening to the grand Windy Hill Windsock podcast the other day and one of their questions was...

“What does Myers add to the team”

an answer was quickly forthcoming...

“A shop front”

So true.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

User avatar
Royza
Club Captain
Posts: 2796
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:58 pm

Re: R6 Essendon v Collingwood (ANZAC Day)

Post by Royza » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:06 pm

Thought we did ok considering Smith was gone for the 2nd half. Filth in form, I think we have more improvement then they have. Naturally, we got smashed in hitouts (19-44) but managed to win the clearances 40-29 so some good work there. Shiel does so much good work but lets himself down with disposal. Cale still a bit rusty, shite 1st half better in the 2nd. McKenna stresses me out with those dinky kick-ins, would prefer someone else take it. Ridley & Redman pretty good for less than a 1/2 dozen games. JD good return.

Filth game relies a lot on a ferocious start. We panic too much when the heat is on early & must improve on this. Umps can get f***** as per usual, nothing new there. Another big test coming up against the Cats.

Rover99
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 1373
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:23 am

Re: R6 Essendon v Collingwood (ANZAC Day)

Post by Rover99 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:17 pm

Don't believe Raz would have made much of a difference today

Rover99
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 1373
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:23 am

Re: R6 Essendon v Collingwood (ANZAC Day)

Post by Rover99 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:24 pm

Roya wrote:
"Filth game relies a lot on a ferocious start. We panic too much n the heat is on early & must improve on this. "

They totally demoralized the Lions in the the first 20 minutes and they never recovered. At least we can take some consolation from the fact that we did recover. I believe we can do the same to the Cats in the first.

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 25587
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: R6 Essendon v Collingwood (ANZAC Day)

Post by BenDoolan » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:57 pm

Rover99 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:17 pm
Don't believe Raz would have made much of a difference today
Why not? The last time he played on ANZAC Day he kicked 4 goals and we won!
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

nudder12
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 1971
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:47 pm

Re: R6 Essendon v Collingwood (ANZAC Day)

Post by nudder12 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:08 pm

Royza wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:06 pm
Thought we did ok considering Smith was gone for the 2nd half. Filth in form, I think we have more improvement then they have. Naturally, we got smashed in hitouts (19-44) but managed to win the clearances 40-29 so some good work there. Shiel does so much good work but lets himself down with disposal. Cale still a bit rusty, shite 1st half better in the 2nd. McKenna stresses me out with those dinky kick-ins, would prefer someone else take it. Ridley & Redman pretty good for less than a 1/2 dozen games. JD good return.

Filth game relies a lot on a ferocious start. We panic too much when the heat is on early & must improve on this. Umps can get f***** as per usual, nothing new there. Another big test coming up against the Cats.
I'm disappointed we lost, but feeling a lot more confident about where we're at than I was before the game. My worst nightmare was getting blown away early, but we overcame that which was really pleasing. Reckon TBC wasn't too bad overall. Stuffed if I know how Grundy (& Gawne) dominate hitouts so much though.
McKenna and Saad both stress me out when they get it - just don't know if they're going to burst through, or if they're going to run themselves into trouble. But both pretty good today overall. Fun times.
Really needed some good leadership in the last 10 minutes, but didn't seem to be there.
Expecting a strong showing V Cats.

User avatar
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 12127
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:23 pm

Re: R6 Essendon v Collingwood (ANZAC Day)

Post by Windy_Hill » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:27 pm

An opportunity lost today but a lot of good signs nevertheless. I guess Premiership teams make their own luck and we still have to iron out silly mistakes at critical times. We are not far off but in a season as close as this one, can not afford to slip back on the win loss ratio. Must win next week.

Rover99
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 1373
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:23 am

Re: R6 Essendon v Collingwood (ANZAC Day)

Post by Rover99 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:42 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:57 pm
Rover99 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:17 pm
Don't believe Raz would have made much of a difference today
Why not? The last time he played on ANZAC Day he kicked 4 goals and we won!
Yeah well maybe he could've broken the odds and taken a mark in the 50 today. Looked a bit fragile last game and their backs were beasts today.

User avatar
BERT
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 6397
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:27 am

Re: R6 Essendon v Collingwood (ANZAC Day)

Post by BERT » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:47 pm

We are very close to being a really good side. I didn’t think we play played we today and the beat us by less than a kick. Raz plays today and we win.

Even though today was disappointing and the first quarter was disgusting we are not far away.

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 25587
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: R6 Essendon v Collingwood (ANZAC Day)

Post by BenDoolan » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:01 pm

Overall, we took it up to a top 4 team. This was last year’s Grand Finalists who was a bees dick from winning the flag. We gave them a good head start, and we just fell short.

Good signs was that we fought our way back into the contest - outscoring them for the next 3 quarters. We missed our opportunities to win the game with some poor disposal and decision making. As well as some GAGF umpiring.

We really do need to get rid of some junk. We’ll never win a flag with Myers in the f****** midfield, or Bellchambers rucking. They are dragging us down.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

nudder12
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 1971
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:47 pm

Re: R6 Essendon v Collingwood (ANZAC Day)

Post by nudder12 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:25 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:01 pm
Overall, we took it up to a top 4 team. This was last year’s Grand Finalists who was a bees dick from winning the flag. We gave them a good head start, and we just fell short.

Good signs was that we fought our way back into the contest - outscoring them for the next 3 quarters. We missed our opportunities to win the game with some poor disposal and decision making. As well as some GAGF umpiring.

We really do need to get rid of some junk. We’ll never win a flag with Myers in the f****** midfield, or Bellchambers rucking. They are dragging us down.
I'm as happy as I can be with a loss. As you say, the Pies are a very good team, and I'm proud we managed to turn around a bad start.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Myers and TBC are great, but IF we'd played 4 full quarters and not just 2 and a half, we would've won convincingly, so why couldn't we win a flag with them in the side?

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 25587
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: R6 Essendon v Collingwood (ANZAC Day)

Post by BenDoolan » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:34 pm

nudder12 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:25 pm
BenDoolan wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:01 pm
Overall, we took it up to a top 4 team. This was last year’s Grand Finalists who was a bees dick from winning the flag. We gave them a good head start, and we just fell short.

Good signs was that we fought our way back into the contest - outscoring them for the next 3 quarters. We missed our opportunities to win the game with some poor disposal and decision making. As well as some GAGF umpiring.

We really do need to get rid of some junk. We’ll never win a flag with Myers in the f****** midfield, or Bellchambers rucking. They are dragging us down.
I'm as happy as I can be with a loss. As you say, the Pies are a very good team, and I'm proud we managed to turn around a bad start.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Myers and TBC are great, but IF we'd played 4 full quarters and not just 2 and a half, we would've won convincingly, so why couldn't we win a flag with them in the side?
Because we haven’t won a final since 2004?
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

User avatar
hop
Club Captain
Posts: 3771
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:41 am
Location: Napier Street

Re: R6 Essendon v Collingwood (ANZAC Day)

Post by hop » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:35 pm

So did anyone see that coming? :roll:

They dominated at stoppages for the first half - and they played to their strengths and tempo.
Bellchambers is our biggest liability and it is clear that there is nothing we will do about it - I'd rather have Joey play ruck and give another tall forward a go.

Sheil was wasteful again.

TBH if their forwards were not so cocky and goal-hungry the game would have been almost over at half-time.

BUT THAT DOES NOT EXCUSE THE DETERMINED UMPIRING!!!

I've had an absolute gutful of this - At the end of the game the people spoke, but the media and the AFL will (and already have) spin this as something other than what it is.
Why the f**k do those maggots get to piss off into obscurity and our players have to stay behind and face the BS?

Heppell should have walked the team off the ground immediately afterward the siren.

F*** the niceties - we ain't winning any good-guy medals any time soon (if that ain't obvious to all).

If today isn't a turning point for this football club - I will be disgusted!
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.

nudder12
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 1971
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:47 pm

Re: R6 Essendon v Collingwood (ANZAC Day)

Post by nudder12 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:55 pm

hop wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:35 pm
So did anyone see that coming? :roll:

They dominated at stoppages for the first half - and they played to their strengths and tempo.
Bellchambers is our biggest liability and it is clear that there is nothing we will do about it - I'd rather have Joey play ruck and give another tall forward a go.

Sheil was wasteful again.

TBH if their forwards were not so cocky and goal-hungry the game would have been almost over at half-time.

BUT THAT DOES NOT EXCUSE THE DETERMINED UMPIRING!!!

I've had an absolute gutful of this - At the end of the game the people spoke, but the media and the AFL will (and already have) spin this as something other than what it is.
Why the f**k do those maggots get to piss off into obscurity and our players have to stay behind and face the BS?

Heppell should have walked the team off the ground immediately afterward the siren.

F*** the niceties - we ain't winning any good-guy medals any time soon (if that ain't obvious to all).

If today isn't a turning point for this football club - I will be disgusted!
Today WAS a turning point - we've earned "belief". I saw the first half coming, just as I thought it would be. But to fight back from there and turn it around was something I didn't think they had in them. Well done boys.
Frankly I reckon TBC did OK. Was probably beaten, but so what, most ruckmen are pantsed by Grundy.
Umpiring was poor, but I don't think booing Pendlebury was warranted.

User avatar
hop
Club Captain
Posts: 3771
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:41 am
Location: Napier Street

Re: R6 Essendon v Collingwood (ANZAC Day)

Post by hop » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:42 pm

nudder12 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:55 pm
hop wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:35 pm
So did anyone see that coming? :roll:

They dominated at stoppages for the first half - and they played to their strengths and tempo.
Bellchambers is our biggest liability and it is clear that there is nothing we will do about it - I'd rather have Joey play ruck and give another tall forward a go.

Sheil was wasteful again.

TBH if their forwards were not so cocky and goal-hungry the game would have been almost over at half-time.

BUT THAT DOES NOT EXCUSE THE DETERMINED UMPIRING!!!

I've had an absolute gutful of this - At the end of the game the people spoke, but the media and the AFL will (and already have) spin this as something other than what it is.
Why the f**k do those maggots get to piss off into obscurity and our players have to stay behind and face the BS?

Heppell should have walked the team off the ground immediately afterward the siren.

F*** the niceties - we ain't winning any good-guy medals any time soon (if that ain't obvious to all).

If today isn't a turning point for this football club - I will be disgusted!
Today WAS a turning point - we've earned "belief". I saw the first half coming, just as I thought it would be. But to fight back from there and turn it around was something I didn't think they had in them. Well done boys.
Frankly I reckon TBC did OK. Was probably beaten, but so what, most ruckmen are pantsed by Grundy.
Umpiring was poor, but I don't think booing Pendlebury was warranted.
NO ONE BOOOOOOOOOED PENDLEBURY!

The Booing was continuous from the shitful umpiring decisions in the final minutes until the end of proceedings. The fans were outraged at the injustice and as paying customers they have a right.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.

nudder12
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 1971
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:47 pm

Re: R6 Essendon v Collingwood (ANZAC Day)

Post by nudder12 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:24 am

hop wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:42 pm
nudder12 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:55 pm
hop wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:35 pm
So did anyone see that coming? :roll:

They dominated at stoppages for the first half - and they played to their strengths and tempo.
Bellchambers is our biggest liability and it is clear that there is nothing we will do about it - I'd rather have Joey play ruck and give another tall forward a go.

Sheil was wasteful again.

TBH if their forwards were not so cocky and goal-hungry the game would have been almost over at half-time.

BUT THAT DOES NOT EXCUSE THE DETERMINED UMPIRING!!!

I've had an absolute gutful of this - At the end of the game the people spoke, but the media and the AFL will (and already have) spin this as something other than what it is.
Why the f**k do those maggots get to piss off into obscurity and our players have to stay behind and face the BS?

Heppell should have walked the team off the ground immediately afterward the siren.

F*** the niceties - we ain't winning any good-guy medals any time soon (if that ain't obvious to all).

If today isn't a turning point for this football club - I will be disgusted!
Today WAS a turning point - we've earned "belief". I saw the first half coming, just as I thought it would be. But to fight back from there and turn it around was something I didn't think they had in them. Well done boys.
Frankly I reckon TBC did OK. Was probably beaten, but so what, most ruckmen are pantsed by Grundy.
Umpiring was poor, but I don't think booing Pendlebury was warranted.
NO ONE BOOOOOOOOOED PENDLEBURY!

The Booing was continuous from the shitful umpiring decisions in the final minutes until the end of proceedings. The fans were outraged at the injustice and as paying customers they have a right.
Considering there was no-one on the field that deserved the booing at the time, then why did it happen? Are fans too dim to realise their "villians" have left the stage?
TBH, I'm a bit tired of the "they have a right" defence - these days everyone thinks they have a "right" to everything - but it doesn't make them right.
EFC fans weren't happy when Hird got booed at the GF Norm Smith presentation, and it's pretty much the same scenario - wrong time, wrong place.

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 8200
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: R6 Essendon v Collingwood (ANZAC Day)

Post by grassy1 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:02 am

BenDoolan wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:00 pm
grassy1 wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:24 am
Nah,I haven’t seen his old man yet this year.

A good mate of his old man is a regular at our games,so I’ll ask him where Mr Myers Snr has been lately.

Be critical of David if his footy warrants it mate,but try not to stick the boots in if possible,ok? :wink:
Better make that phone call to him quickly grassy. Gotta convince him to return home mate.

Was listening to the grand Windy Hill Windsock podcast the other day and one of their questions was...

“What does Myers add to the team”

an answer was quickly forthcoming...

“A shop front”

So true.


Mmmm,can’t say much,because I wouldn’t have caught such a program my way,unless there’s a link you can give me,please?

He might be encouraged about his Old Demons being 4 - 0 after today.Where we go from there is still anyone’s guess(as most of us would know since 1979),but hopefully he’ll come back home to us,once he’s finished with the AFL caper.He’s one of our boys still and he’d be welcomed back with open arms.

User avatar
Windy Hille
High Draft Pick
Posts: 977
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Re: R6 Essendon v Collingwood (ANZAC Day)

Post by Windy Hille » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:03 am

Was listening to SEN on the way home and some Carlton supporter called in and made some comments about the game (surprisingly). Firstly, he complimented both clubs for the game they displayed, and then discussed the booing at the end. He thought it was just frustration at the end that caused the booing and not necessarily against Pendlebury himself. He said that we are lucky that we live in this country, because if this (bad umpiring) happened in any other code, in any other country, there would be a riot and flares going off. I tend to agree.

Post Reply