R7 Essendon v Geelong

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Re: R7 Essendon v Geelong

Post by Rover99 » Sun May 05, 2019 7:29 pm

Crazyman wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 7:10 pm

Post 2000, all the hardness and quality has gone out and been replaced by elite athletes with limited or no footy nous 😢
😡

MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber » Sun May 05, 2019 7:53 pm

The minute the media and everyone get on the 'Essendon are real deal bandwagon' we play like spot lit rabbits.

Hesitant bumbling falling over and listless is how I would describe today.

It about time we long suffering fans were served up a Bomber that can be counted on.

Do we need to drop some and reward the good performers from the 2s.
Regards

MH_Bomber

mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso » Sun May 05, 2019 8:16 pm

We were absolute rubbish fortunately, in the first quarter Geelong didn't kick straight or they would have beaten us by ten goals with their foot off the pedal. Our skill level is dreadful. Only a handful of players really tried and put their heart into the game, the rest may as well have played tiddledywinks. For many it was a shocker.

Stringer BOG, Shiel who tried hard all day but by foot and hand off target a lot of the time, Parish who never gave up and it was probably one of his best games for us. Redmond gave it his best shot. What has happened to Merrett? Where were you Zacka? Our forward line hardly functioned why was Red there and not in the backline? Our backline was overrun by Geelong players. They gave us a footy lesson but I doubt we got it. What's going on in the coaches box? Nothing from what I can see. When Belly was injured, why didn't Woosha put JoeDan into the ruck and put Belly, resting in the forward line? We are a long way behind being top six. And; the way new are going, we can write this year off as another one of those development years. There is no consistency in our game, its a mixture of highs and lows. We may have some talent but the potential is questionable. NO guts, NO grit, NO gumption.

We will very likely get beaten by Sydney in Sydney next week particularly, if we play like we did today. Then, we face Richmond and Freeo. So, we are on the ropes, kiss the season goodbye. We are unreliable and fail to tick most of the boxes of a top 8 team. We seem to be going backwards.

Ever hopeful every year, just keep hoping.
Last edited by mdso on Sun May 05, 2019 8:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Sun May 05, 2019 8:17 pm

MH_Bomber wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 7:53 pm
The minute the media and everyone get on the 'Essendon are real deal bandwagon' we play like spot lit rabbits.

It about time we long suffering fans were served up a Bomber that can be counted on.

Back in the good ol' days...when we played the top sides...the senior players would stand up and be counted on. Not this lot. Not anyone in the last 15 years. Someone like David Zaharakis who has played 200 games seems to go missing in big games. Our senior group is as soft as they come.

Think back to the days when we had a real young group of kids ('93)...we had strong, hard, and reliable players in Harvey, Thompson, O'Donnell. No-one comes close to them on our list. Absolutely no-one.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso » Sun May 05, 2019 8:24 pm

I suppose some of us are lucky Ben we got to experience those times. My nieces and nephews have never known those times they weren't even born in 2000. They keep asking when is it going be our turn. I say soon I hope but even that's a lie, I have NO f'ing idea when?
Nothing usually happens until something happens.

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Sun May 05, 2019 9:38 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 8:17 pm
MH_Bomber wrote:

Back in the good ol' days...when we played the top sides...the senior players would stand up and be counted on. Not this lot. Not anyone in the last 15 years. Someone like David Zaharakis who has played 200 games seems to go missing in big games. Our senior group is as soft as they come.

Think back to the days when we had a real young group of kids ('93)...we had strong, hard, and reliable players in Harvey, Thompson, O'Donnell. No-one comes close to them on our list. Absolutely no-one.
What’s been worse Ben?The not so sensational 70’s or the current timespan? :-&

Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman » Sun May 05, 2019 9:48 pm

From what I hear, this lot is worse.

At least in the 70’s players had a crack even if the quality wasn’t as good...

This era has been full of labradors that roll over and say give me a belly rub when we need a few pit bulls and rotties and the likes saying stay the f*** off my turf or I’ll rip ya f****** head off...

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Sun May 05, 2019 10:18 pm

grassy1 wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 9:38 pm
BenDoolan wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 8:17 pm
MH_Bomber wrote:

What’s been worse Ben?The not so sensational 70’s or the current timespan? :-&
I have already shown up this period to being the worst period in the club's history. The 70's has nothing on this lot. I had taken the period from the last Grand Final from each period (1968 - 1983) and (2001-2016). The thread is somewhere amongst these boards. Now if you extend it for another couple of years... (1968 - 1985) and (2001 - 2018), you will obviously see that we had won back to back flags in the first period. Here we are still wallowing in the depths of the bottom 10 clubs.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Sun May 05, 2019 10:27 pm

I’ve seen the opposite my way,with the Tackling Ferocious,perhaps occasionally Ruthlessly over the Top,yesterday putting one bloke in the hospital in a neck brace(hope he’s ok)with an apparent sling tackle and put their Ruckman out of Commission with a literally Cracking Shirtfront,that could heard far away.

The Result for Mr Spalding’s Charges?

A 5 - 0 start that is thrilling our Staunch,Loyal supporters.

Talent wise,we are probably 5th or 6th on the list of 10 Clubs.Attitude wise,we are TOPNOTCH,with top of the Ladder Subiaco,flicking the switch when they feel like it!

It’s a Much Welcome change in fortune,that we all hope continues for Perth Football Club after the State Game.

Thought I’d provide some joy,if you like Red and Black in all forms of Aussie Rules Footy. :wink:

bpdons
High Draft Pick

Post by bpdons » Sun May 05, 2019 10:33 pm

In still transiting home after 3 hours from stupid Sunday evening twilights.
We will beat sydney
We will beat Carlton
We will beat Richmond

hop
Club Captain

Post by hop » Sun May 05, 2019 10:44 pm

Out couched and dumb footballers.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.

Windy Hille
High Draft Pick

Post by Windy Hille » Sun May 05, 2019 11:44 pm

The turnovers / clangers were absolute killers today. Stood out like dogs balls and they cost us a number of goals.

Jake Stringer was a one man band up forward. Not much to sing about in other parts of the ground. Parish did well. Langford was dreadful it must be said.

s'dreams
Club Captain

Post by s'dreams » Mon May 06, 2019 12:40 am

grassy1 wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 10:27 pm
I’ve seen the opposite my way,with the Tackling Ferocious,perhaps occasionally Ruthlessly over the Top,
About half our frees given away seem to be for OTT tackles that linger just a bit too long or involve their player hitting the ground too hard.

Tippa seemed to give a free away for taking out the legs of an opponent - it was there but it was the first one I can remember for a couple of weeks.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman » Mon May 06, 2019 8:31 am

bpdons wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 10:33 pm
We will beat sydney
We will beat Carlton
We will beat Richmond
Optimistic is polite.

Sydney - we find ways to lose, we will kick start their season so they make finals somehow...

Carlton - we are their bunny no matter how shit their team is. Last few years have been horrid against them...turn up thinking we will win and don’t have to do anything...f****** disgraceful...will likely cost us a spot in the 8 that we probably won’t deserve and would likely lose by 10goals plus if we did make it...

Richmond - currently down and out, but watch us play them into a vein of form so they can win another premiership with an at best average list...

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Mon May 06, 2019 8:57 am

s'dreams wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 12:40 am
grassy1 wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 10:27 pm
I’ve seen the opposite my way,with the Tackling Ferocious,perhaps occasionally Ruthlessly over the Top,
About half our frees given away seem to be for OTT tackles that linger just a bit too long or involve their player hitting the ground too hard.

Tippa seemed to give a free away for taking out the legs of an opponent - it was there but it was the first one I can remember for a couple of weeks.
Our player deemed responsible for the sling tackle was reported and could face a 4 week suspension for it.Having been suspended before,he faces a hard time of it,trying to beat the charge.

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Mon May 06, 2019 8:59 am

Crazyman wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 8:31 am
bpdons wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 10:33 pm
We will beat sydney
We will beat Carlton
We will beat Richmond
Optimistic is polite.

Sydney - we find ways to lose, we will kick start their season so they make finals somehow...

Carlton - we are their bunny no matter how shit their team is. Last few years have been horrid against them...turn up thinking we will win and don’t have to do anything...f****** disgraceful...will likely cost us a spot in the 8 that we probably won’t deserve and would likely lose by 10goals plus if we did make it...

Richmond - currently down and out, but watch us play them into a vein of form so they can win another premiership with an at best average list...
That sounds about right Crazyman.

Unfortunately for us. #-o

Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps » Mon May 06, 2019 11:54 am

Went back to the way we played against GWS and St Kilda. Couldn’t handle the pressure and continually bombed it high into the forward 50. Plenty bagging Daniher, f*** me, the poor c*** was lucky to have a kick to his advantage, and all kicks to him in a one on one went 500 yards in the f****** air! Put it out in front of him FFS.

Three words for Kyle Langford...

De-f******-list.

Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 » Tue May 07, 2019 12:53 am

Gimps wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 11:54 am
. Plenty bagging Daniher, f*** me, the poor c*** was lucky to have a kick to his advantage, and all kicks to him in a one on one went 500 yards in the f****** air! Put it out in front of him FFS.

Yeah, was sure he'd get a hernia or worse, turning himself inside out to get his hands on something. Crazy sight to see. Don't think some of them made any attempt at all to find an actual target. Would've been better just dribbling it along the ground for Tippa to pick up. #-o

Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 » Tue May 07, 2019 12:57 am

Rover99 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 12:53 am
Gimps wrote:
. Plenty bagging Daniher, f*** me, the poor c*** was lucky to have a kick to his advantage, and all kicks to him in a one on one went 500 yards in the f****** air! Put it out in front of him FFS.

Yeah, was sure he'd get a hernia or worse, turning himself inside out, trying to get his hands on something. Crazy sight to see. Don't think some of them made any attempt at all to find an actual target. Would've been better just dribbling it along the ground for Tippa to pick up. #-o

Windy Hille
High Draft Pick

Post by Windy Hille » Tue May 07, 2019 1:28 am

Gimps wrote:
Went back to the way we played against GWS and St Kilda. Couldn’t handle the pressure and continually bombed it high into the forward 50. Plenty bagging Daniher, f*** me, the poor c*** was lucky to have a kick to his advantage, and all kicks to him in a one on one went 500 yards in the f****** air! Put it out in front of him FFS.

Three words for Kyle Langford...

De-f******-list.
Ease up!

Admit he was very poor against Cats, but you can’t hang s bloke for one poor performance. Just played his 50th game. Probably has another 30 to get himself prime. Let it happen.