R7 Essendon v Geelong

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Re: R7 Essendon v Geelong

Post by Gimps » Tue May 07, 2019 9:35 am

Windy Hille wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 1:28 am
Gimps wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 11:54 am
Went back to the way we played against GWS and St Kilda. Couldn’t handle the pressure and continually bombed it high into the forward 50. Plenty bagging Daniher, f*** me, the poor c*** was lucky to have a kick to his advantage, and all kicks to him in a one on one went 500 yards in the f****** air! Put it out in front of him FFS.

Three words for Kyle Langford...

De-f******-list.
Ease up!

Admit he was very poor against Cats, but you can’t hang s bloke for one poor performance. Just played his 50th game. Probably has another 30 to get himself prime. Let it happen.
You lost me at “one poor performance”.

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Tue May 07, 2019 11:25 am

Gimps wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 9:35 am
Windy Hille wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 1:28 am
Gimps wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 11:54 am
Went back to the way we played against GWS and St Kilda. Couldn’t handle the pressure and continually bombed it high into the forward 50. Plenty bagging Daniher, f*** me, the poor c*** was lucky to have a kick to his advantage, and all kicks to him in a one on one went 500 yards in the f****** air! Put it out in front of him FFS.

Three words for Kyle Langford...

De-f******-list.
Ease up!

Admit he was very poor against Cats, but you can’t hang s bloke for one poor performance. Just played his 50th game. Probably has another 30 to get himself prime. Let it happen.
You lost me at “one poor performance”.
He’s been embarrassing this year. f****** dreadful. Time’s ticking. Stop keeping these list cloggers on our list for 10+ years, and make a call on them.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso » Tue May 07, 2019 1:17 pm

Our seconds are playing like champions and our VFL Women's Team are really getting ready TO REV IT UP. Maybe it could be more rewarding for MANY OF US TO START SUPPORTING THOSE TEAMS. Sadly, our firsts seem to be heading down the snake arse rather than up the ladder.

There is something missing, a gaping hole in our team. We are like a see saw, up one week down the next without consistency. When we're good we can be very good but when we are bad, ours skills are rubbish. Not any player in particular but nearly the whole team. Its like we hit the panic stations button. We revert to playing really dumb footy even the best of our players. We are in severe drought in terms of finals and cups.

Woosha came to the club toward the end of a really bad time in our history. He help unify us again for that I am very thankful however; as a game day coach, he is lacking in many departments especially creativity and risk taking. When things start to fall part for us on the field, they also seem to fall part in the coaching box or, maybe they go into shock, like I do. Maybe at the end of the season, the footy department needs a good house clean.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.

hop
Club Captain

Post by hop » Tue May 07, 2019 2:32 pm

The story doing the rounds is the 'Windy Hill Flu' got at the team last week - thus the lack of defensive running and pressure. Raz has been sidelined for 2 games due to it (although it wouldn't surprise me if he's gone in for year ending surgery).
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Tue May 07, 2019 5:10 pm

hop wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 2:32 pm
The story doing the rounds is the 'Windy Hill Flu' got at the team last week - thus the lack of defensive running and pressure. Raz has been sidelined for 2 games due to it (although it wouldn't surprise me if he's gone in for year ending surgery).
Do these c**** ever get the flu shot?
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman » Tue May 07, 2019 6:32 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 5:10 pm
hop wrote:
Do these c**** ever get the flu shot?
That’s how they contract it...

s'dreams
Club Captain

Post by s'dreams » Tue May 07, 2019 7:06 pm

hop wrote:
How does the WHF target the seniors but leave the 2nds unscathed?
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps » Tue May 07, 2019 7:14 pm

s'dreams wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 7:06 pm
hop wrote:
How does the WHF target the seniors but leave the 2nds unscathed?
Legs hugs and circle jerking..

bpdons
High Draft Pick

Post by bpdons » Tue May 07, 2019 10:01 pm

Absolute disgrace that Ablett walks away from a flying elbow to the head to Shiel with a mere $2000 fine.

He got off due to good behaviour never having been suspended. Well that's because he keeps getting off due to good behaviour for never having been suspended for the last time he got off due to good behaviour for never having been suspended...
If you talk enough shit, the AFL will believe you (NOTE: This does not apply if you're Essendon).

I'm surprised Ablett wasn't given a free kick and 50m penalty for trying to knock the opposition out.

Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman » Tue May 07, 2019 10:42 pm

bpdons wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 10:01 pm
I'm surprised Ablett wasn't given a free kick and 50m penalty for trying to knock the opposition out.
Don’t you mean for Shiel getting in front and maliciously headbutting Gazza on the arm and nearly injuring the son of god?

s'dreams
Club Captain

Post by s'dreams » Tue May 07, 2019 11:13 pm

bpdons wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 10:01 pm
Absolute disgrace that Ablett walks away from a flying elbow to the head to Shiel with a mere $2000 fine.

He got off due to good behaviour never having been suspended. Well that's because he keeps getting off due to good behaviour for never having been suspended for the last time he got off due to good behaviour for never having been suspended...
If you talk enough shit, the AFL will believe you (NOTE: This does not apply if you're Essendon).

To be fair - last time he was reported (and don't give me contact with an Ump) was in 2006 for rough play.

Should have it been downgraded? No - he jumped into the air before making contact. That was a conscious decision not careless.

Does it matter? no ... doesn't help with our shit play and lack of antibodies for flu or shit playing.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

Windy Hille
High Draft Pick

Post by Windy Hille » Wed May 08, 2019 6:15 pm

I believe there are rules for some, and then there are rules for others. Michael Christian explain the citing and penalty as “no room to move” regarding the fact Ablett left the ground and raised his forearm. According to his criteria, he could only grade it “intentional”. Then the tribunal overrules and says “no it’s not”. Well, then there is s problem with the grading system if that’s the case.