R7 Essendon v Geelong

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
nudder12
Regular Senior Player

Re: R7 Essendon v Geelong

Post by nudder12 » Thu May 02, 2019 1:04 am

BenDoolan wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 12:56 am
hop wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 11:40 pm
BenDoolan wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 10:46 pm
grassy1 wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 10:30 pm
In which case,why would they bother,except with their local Country Footy Club?

Otherwise,if they have a Manager for their Farm,give the job to him or her for a few days.
It’s about bringing the country to the city. It’s an opportunity for city folk to appreciate what they do, and give them some support by buying their produce and enjoying some of what they bring. After all, it’s what the whole idea is all about...
Let's not kid ourselves. its a footy game first and foremost and 99% of the peeps in attendance are there for that reason.

The Royal Melbourne Show is where city folk get to rub shoulders with their country cousins and sample their wares and work. Alternatively, they can get in their cas and drive out of the big smoke. The majority of pre-game stuff - while very welcoming and great food - is primarily corporate with afew food trucks thrown in.

It should have been scheduled for Saturday - irrespective of what time. Saturday night or arvo - meh.
Yes, but the point I’m making is that it’s not them being inconvenienced by the Sunday time slot, it’s us.

And who seriously goes to the Royal Melbourne Shit Show these days?
To kill 2 birds with one stone (one comment anyway :) ........
City folk aint about to get in their cars and go country - it's all about putting the country in their face (while they go to the footy) to maybe nudge them that life - and their food supply - exists outside suburbia.
And, given what I just wrote, it's probably fair enough that the city folk are the ones mostly inconvenienced (tho that's debatable).
Disclaimer: I haven't been to a "Country Game" so not actually sure how "genuine" the stalls etc are.

s'dreams
Club Captain

Post by s'dreams » Thu May 02, 2019 10:47 am

BenDoolan wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 12:56 am
hop wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 11:40 pm
BenDoolan wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 10:46 pm
grassy1 wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 10:30 pm
In which case,why would they bother,except with their local Country Footy Club?

Otherwise,if they have a Manager for their Farm,give the job to him or her for a few days.
It’s about bringing the country to the city. It’s an opportunity for city folk to appreciate what they do, and give them some support by buying their produce and enjoying some of what they bring. After all, it’s what the whole idea is all about...
Let's not kid ourselves. its a footy game first and foremost and 99% of the peeps in attendance are there for that reason.

The Royal Melbourne Show is where city folk get to rub shoulders with their country cousins and sample their wares and work. Alternatively, they can get in their cas and drive out of the big smoke. The majority of pre-game stuff - while very welcoming and great food - is primarily corporate with afew food trucks thrown in.

It should have been scheduled for Saturday - irrespective of what time. Saturday night or arvo - meh.
Yes, but the point I’m making is that it’s not them being inconvenienced by the Sunday time slot, it’s us.

And who seriously goes to the Royal Melbourne Shit Show these days?
Geelong or Whittlesea shows are much superior these days ... and do't have Masterchef, BAchelor :roll: /ette :roll: :roll: or MASF :roll: :roll: :roll: contestants as a main draw.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 » Thu May 02, 2019 6:43 pm

EXTENDED SQUAD:
B – Patrick Ambrose, Cale Hooker, Andrew McGrath
HB – Mason Redman, Michael Hurley, Adam Saad
C – Conor McKenna, Zach Merrett, Dyson Heppell
HF – Matt Guelfi, Jake Stringer, David Zaharakis
F – Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti, Joe Daniher, Dylan Shiel
R – Tom Bellchambers, Mark Baguley, Darcy Parish
Extended interchange – Jordan Ridley, Devon Smith, Orazio Fantasia, Aaron Francis, Sam Draper, Kyle Langford, Ben McNiece, Josh Begley

IN – Fantasia, Francis, Draper, Langford, McNiece, Begley
OUT – Brown (injured), Myers (managed)
Expect Fanta to stay in. Francis for Riddles? Riddles had a head knock late...maybe rested? Smith's knee? How'd he train this week?
McNiece had an excellent VFL game. Draper's been hanging around selection lately, Begley's been ok, has he shown enough, Langers too.

The final team will be announced at 5pm on Friday.
Last edited by F111 on Thu May 02, 2019 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nudder12
Regular Senior Player

Post by nudder12 » Thu May 02, 2019 6:52 pm

F111 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 6:43 pm
EXTENDED SQUAD:
Extended interchange – Jordan Ridley, Devon Smith, Orazio Fantasia, Aaron Francis, Sam Draper, Kyle Langford, Ben McNiece, Josh Begley

Expect Fanta to stay in. Riddles had a head knock late...maybe rested? Smith's knee? How'd he train this week?
There are just sooo many possibilities with that extended squad.
If Raz & Smith are in, I'm thinking it's either Begley or Langford in for Myers, which means Francis misses and we run a small forward line - something Woosha said today was an option for us.

Windy Hille
High Draft Pick

Post by Windy Hille » Thu May 02, 2019 7:08 pm

F111 wrote:
EXTENDED SQUAD:

Expect Fanta to stay in. Francis for Riddles? Riddles had a head knock late...maybe rested? Smith's knee? How'd he train this week?
McNiece had an excellent VFL game. Draper's been hanging around selection lately, Begley's been ok, has he shown enough, Langers too.

The final team will be announced at 5pm on Friday.
Fantasy for Brown
Langers for Myers

.....are the obvious choices.

Francis may come in for Ridley if he’s not right.

Doubt on Smith too. Begley might be a chance.

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Thu May 02, 2019 7:12 pm

Did you place that call grassy?

vingertje =D> 8) :lol:
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Thu May 02, 2019 9:13 pm

To be honest, if this country Round was fair dinkum, then game would be played at a different regional centre every year but that is, for obvious reasons, not going to happen.

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Thu May 02, 2019 9:17 pm

I know this will no doubt upset my namesake but has Langford actually done anything to justify coming back into the AFL team. Ok so Myers is being “managed” so on that basis I guess he would come in as a replacement but I would rather we picked players on form and no just because they are the closest in type to a player being replaced.

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Thu May 02, 2019 11:09 pm

Windy_Hill wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 9:17 pm
I know this will no doubt upset my namesake but has Langford actually done anything to justify coming back into the AFL team. Ok so Myers is being “managed” so on that basis I guess he would come in as a replacement but I would rather we picked players on form and no just because they are the closest in type to a player being replaced.
To be fair, he got 25 dizzies and a sausage roll in the VFL.

Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 » Thu May 02, 2019 11:10 pm

nudder12 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 6:52 pm
F111 wrote:
EXTENDED SQUAD:

Expect Fanta to stay in. Riddles had a head knock late...maybe rested? Smith's knee? How'd he train this week?
There are just sooo many possibilities with that extended squad.
If Raz & Smith are in, I'm thinking it's either Begley or Langford in for Myers, which means Francis misses and we run a small forward line - something Woosha said today was an option for us.
Gave me a bit of a mild thrill for a change this week. I agree the small fwd line is likely and will accept Langers for Begley in this case as it will be too critical to take too many risks, given the question mark still hanging over Smith. And please, please let Draper have at least ten minutes to show his stuff. [-o<

s'dreams
Club Captain

Post by s'dreams » Thu May 02, 2019 11:55 pm

McNiece and Begley have had one decent game ... but Draper has been dominating in 3 games (this week 45 Hitouts and 20 possessions) If McNiece gets a gig before Draper - I will heave!

Smith is apparently still iffy. At least let Langford get some gametime somewhere...

And can the f****** selectors just stop naming players in stupid dumbass positions ... Baguley as an on-baller?

Next it will be Fantasia as starting ruck. I s'pose they think their little joke is funny... :roll:

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Fri May 03, 2019 1:11 am

Don’t know if other teams pull that shit,s’dreams.But I feel so much better knowing that,vindicating my fly by the seat of pants tipping.this year.To be honest,I’m not putting much thought into it.

I’m 31 after 6 Rounds,which is Shithouse normally.But I’m in the top 15 - 20% in tipping,out of nearly 50 000 know it alls. :lol:

MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber » Fri May 03, 2019 4:34 am

Did anyone see John Worsfold’s press conference yesterday and his answers about Essendon supporters booing? There was a touch of Sheedy in his answers. Quite cheeky Woosha good on you.
Regards

MH_Bomber

Windy Hille
High Draft Pick

Post by Windy Hille » Fri May 03, 2019 2:52 pm

MH_Bomber wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 4:34 am
Did anyone see John Worsfold’s press conference yesterday and his answers about Essendon supporters booing? There was a touch of Sheedy in his answers. Quite cheeky Woosha good on you.
Treated the journos with the contempt it deserved.

Windy Hille
High Draft Pick

Post by Windy Hille » Fri May 03, 2019 2:52 pm

Windy_Hill wrote:
Deserves a recall after his performance last week 😎

nudder12
Regular Senior Player

Post by nudder12 » Fri May 03, 2019 5:04 pm

FINAL TEAM:
As most expected....
IN: Fantasia & Francis
OUT: Brown & Myers

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Fri May 03, 2019 5:21 pm

nudder12 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 5:04 pm
FINAL TEAM:
As most expected....
IN: Fantasia & Francis
OUT: Brown & Myers
Fantastic 👍🏼

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Fri May 03, 2019 6:14 pm

Windy Hille wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 2:52 pm
Windy_Hill wrote:

Cool, well no excuses for a lackluster game....he has to deliver

s'dreams
Club Captain

Post by s'dreams » Fri May 03, 2019 6:58 pm

Windy Hille wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:
Langford has been the "reserved emergency" for the past 3 weeks ... so has not played in the VFL for 3 weeks (despite one of those weeks where the AFL game was on the Thursday and the VFL game on the Saturday).

It is likely he will be held back this Sunday and will miss again (players do somehow manage to injure themselves during warmup).

Frankly, IMO this is unacceptable ... he has not been able to press his case for selection and further has not been in match situations so would be getting to the point of lacking match fitness. Unfortunately Begley and McNiece would be iffy as standby emergencies as they both need much more match conditioning.

I dunno what's going on, but something is up.

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Fri May 03, 2019 8:41 pm

s'dreams wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 6:58 pm
Windy Hille wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:
Langford has been the "reserved emergency" for the past 3 weeks ... so has not played in the VFL for 3 weeks (despite one of those weeks where the AFL game was on the Thursday and the VFL game on the Saturday).

It is likely he will be held back this Sunday and will miss again (players do somehow manage to injure themselves during warmup).

Frankly, IMO this is unacceptable ... he has not been able to press his case for selection and further has not been in match situations so would be getting to the point of lacking match fitness. Unfortunately Begley and McNiece would be iffy as standby emergencies as they both need much more match conditioning.

I dunno what's going on, but something is up.
He played last Saturday. Got 25 disposals and a goal.