R7 Essendon v Geelong

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
User avatar
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 11820
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:23 pm

Re: R7 Essendon v Geelong

Post by Windy_Hill » Fri May 03, 2019 9:16 pm

Francis and Fantasia in.

Happy to see both players back. Not sure what the plan is for Francis with Ambrose, Ridley, Hooker and Hurley in the team. Perhaps Hooker will go forward with Brown out? I sincerely hope not

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 25193
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: R7 Essendon v Geelong

Post by BenDoolan » Fri May 03, 2019 9:29 pm

Windy_Hill wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 9:16 pm
Francis and Fantasia in.

Happy to see both players back. Not sure what the plan is for Francis with Ambrose, Ridley, Hooker and Hurley in the team. Perhaps Hooker will go forward with Brown out? I sincerely hope not
Be prepared for the Flying Francis Up Forward Show
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

nudder12
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 1780
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:47 pm

Re: R7 Essendon v Geelong

Post by nudder12 » Fri May 03, 2019 11:10 pm

s'dreams wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 6:58 pm
Windy Hille wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 2:52 pm
Windy_Hill wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 9:17 pm
I know this will no doubt upset my namesake but has Langford actually done anything to justify coming back into the AFL team. Ok so Myers is being “managed” so on that basis I guess he would come in as a replacement but I would rather we picked players on form and no just because they are the closest in type to a player being replaced.
Deserves a recall after his performance last week 😎
Langford has been the "reserved emergency" for the past 3 weeks ... so has not played in the VFL for 3 weeks (despite one of those weeks where the AFL game was on the Thursday and the VFL game on the Saturday).

It is likely he will be held back this Sunday and will miss again (players do somehow manage to injure themselves during warmup).

Frankly, IMO this is unacceptable ... he has not been able to press his case for selection and further has not been in match situations so would be getting to the point of lacking match fitness. Unfortunately Begley and McNiece would be iffy as standby emergencies as they both need much more match conditioning.

I dunno what's going on, but something is up.
Yeah I dunno about a conspiracy theory. Which is better? Getting an AFL game if there is a late change, or someone else getting the gig and you play VFL? Bearing in mind that it seems that these days they don't care if the players have matches under their belts, as long as they've done "all the work required". Have a read/watch of the EFC injury reports, and it's all about "managed minutes" and "they've done the work and are ready for selection".

nudder12
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 1780
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:47 pm

Re: R7 Essendon v Geelong

Post by nudder12 » Fri May 03, 2019 11:28 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 9:29 pm
Windy_Hill wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 9:16 pm
Francis and Fantasia in.

Happy to see both players back. Not sure what the plan is for Francis with Ambrose, Ridley, Hooker and Hurley in the team. Perhaps Hooker will go forward with Brown out? I sincerely hope not
Be prepared for the Flying Francis Up Forward Show
Definitely Forward for Francis this week. Even got some practice at it during VFL last Saturday - mostly because Laverde got injured, but still....
I wouldn't think Francis is competing with Ambrose for a spot though.

User avatar
hop
Club Captain
Posts: 3755
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:41 am
Location: Napier Street

Re: R7 Essendon v Geelong

Post by hop » Sat May 04, 2019 11:50 am

Yeah - when Laverde went down Francis was used as a forward in the ressies.

It'll be all about speed and hard at the contest - its how we've beaten them the last couple of times - so we do have the wood on them.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.

User avatar
s'dreams
Club Captain
Posts: 3824
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:48 pm

Re: R7 Essendon v Geelong

Post by s'dreams » Sat May 04, 2019 2:51 pm

Selwood out (General Soreness) - replaced by Parfitt
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

User avatar
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 11820
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:23 pm

Re: R7 Essendon v Geelong

Post by Windy_Hill » Sat May 04, 2019 7:49 pm

I don’t think we can underestimate the importance of this game in the context of the season....I think slipping to 3-4 will put us a clear game outside the 8 with a tricky away game to Sydney to come.

In my opinion, this game against a very good opponent with a lot on the line will determine our legitimacy as a final 8 candidate. Lose and I can’t see us having any real impact this year. Not impossible of course, but unlikely.

Come on Bombers....it’s time to bloody man up.

User avatar
rockhole
Club Captain
Posts: 4789
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:31 am
Location: La Grange

Re: R7 Essendon v Geelong

Post by rockhole » Sat May 04, 2019 11:14 pm

I reckon that this is the best team we can put on the park given our list. No excuses tomorrow. We simply must play to our potential and win.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark

Rover99
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 1218
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:23 am

Re: R7 Essendon v Geelong

Post by Rover99 » Sun May 05, 2019 1:04 am

Windy_Hill wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 7:49 pm
I don’t think we can underestimate the importance of this game in the context of the season....I think slipping to 3-4 will put us a clear game outside the 8 with a tricky away game to Sydney to come.

In my opinion, this game against a very good opponent with a lot on the line will determine our legitimacy as a final 8 candidate. Lose and I can’t see us having any real impact this year. Not impossible of course, but unlikely.

Come on Bombers....it’s time to bloody man up.
My thoughts exactly and I hope Woosha has drummed something to this effect into them today. Our past record against the Cats, our speed, out of the blocks, the two extra days rest, the timing of the return from injuries of 3 key players, (one game on), the apparent lack of chronic injuries in other key players, our great showing on ANZAC Day, the addition of some(well-pumped) players from the 2's and Selwood out, should mean that we have the wood on them tomorrow. Only stupid, careless mistakes and panic can beat us in my book. And apart from going up potentially about 4 places on the ladder, we will have the psychological boost of beating Geelong. Losing badly tomorrow may see us pushing shit uphill for the 8, so another good thing to remember, we have a lot more to lose tomorrow than they do - yet another reason to pull out the stops. Stick it to em boys!!

User avatar
F111
Essendon Legend
Posts: 15271
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:55 pm

Re: R7 Essendon v Geelong

Post by F111 » Sun May 05, 2019 9:48 am

We do better as underdogs. Just tell 'em Geelong are favourites.

User avatar
s'dreams
Club Captain
Posts: 3824
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:48 pm

Re: R7 Essendon v Geelong

Post by s'dreams » Sun May 05, 2019 12:08 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 8:41 pm
s'dreams wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 6:58 pm
Windy Hille wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 2:52 pm
Windy_Hill wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 9:17 pm
I know this will no doubt upset my namesake but has Langford actually done anything to justify coming back into the AFL team. Ok so Myers is being “managed” so on that basis I guess he would come in as a replacement but I would rather we picked players on form and no just because they are the closest in type to a player being replaced.
Deserves a recall after his performance last week 😎
Langford has been the "reserved emergency" for the past 3 weeks ... so has not played in the VFL for 3 weeks (despite one of those weeks where the AFL game was on the Thursday and the VFL game on the Saturday).

It is likely he will be held back this Sunday and will miss again (players do somehow manage to injure themselves during warmup).

Frankly, IMO this is unacceptable ... he has not been able to press his case for selection and further has not been in match situations so would be getting to the point of lacking match fitness. Unfortunately Begley and McNiece would be iffy as standby emergencies as they both need much more match conditioning.

I dunno what's going on, but something is up.
He played last Saturday. Got 25 disposals and a goal.
Oh - I thought it was a new player Jangford ... How embarrassing :oops: :oops: :oops:
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 7819
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: R7 Essendon v Geelong

Post by grassy1 » Sun May 05, 2019 12:15 pm

Jangford?Yeah,he does sound like a new fella,doesn’t he? :lol: :wink:

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 25193
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: R7 Essendon v Geelong

Post by BenDoolan » Sun May 05, 2019 1:30 pm

McNiece and Langford May be late ins
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

User avatar
s'dreams
Club Captain
Posts: 3824
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:48 pm

Re: R7 Essendon v Geelong

Post by s'dreams » Sun May 05, 2019 2:14 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 1:30 pm
McNiece and Langford May be late ins
Confirmed that Fanta out - still ill (though he was on the ground at 1/2 time in the VFL jumping on Walla)

https://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2019 ... e-for-dons

Understand that another of the Geel players is out Tuohy with the lesser Guthrie taking his place.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 25193
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: R7 Essendon v Geelong

Post by BenDoolan » Sun May 05, 2019 2:17 pm

s'dreams wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 2:14 pm
BenDoolan wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 1:30 pm
McNiece and Langford May be late ins
Confirmed that Fanta out - still ill (though he was on the ground at 1/2 time in the VFL jumping on Walla)

https://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2019 ... e-for-dons

Understand that another of the Geel players is out Tuohy with the lesser Guthrie taking his place.
What in f***’s name has f****** Fantasia got???? The f****** bubonic plague????
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 7819
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: R7 Essendon v Geelong

Post by grassy1 » Sun May 05, 2019 2:37 pm

Orazio,shouldn’t you be in bed,young man? :shock: :roll: :lol:

Rover99
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 1218
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:23 am

Re: R7 Essendon v Geelong

Post by Rover99 » Sun May 05, 2019 2:49 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 2:17 pm
s'dreams wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 2:14 pm
BenDoolan wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 1:30 pm
McNiece and Langford May be late ins
Confirmed that Fanta out - still ill (though he was on the ground at 1/2 time in the VFL jumping on Walla)

https://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2019 ... e-for-dons

Understand that another of the Geel players is out Tuohy with the lesser Guthrie taking his place.
What in f***’s name has f****** Fantasia got???? The f****** bubonic plague????
Aaaaarrrgh...I knew nothing could go that right for us.Maybe he's got something that could infect the whole team? If so, get off Walla young man!

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 25193
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: R7 Essendon v Geelong

Post by BenDoolan » Sun May 05, 2019 3:07 pm

Rover99 wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 2:49 pm
BenDoolan wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 2:17 pm
s'dreams wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 2:14 pm
BenDoolan wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 1:30 pm
McNiece and Langford May be late ins
Confirmed that Fanta out - still ill (though he was on the ground at 1/2 time in the VFL jumping on Walla)

https://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2019 ... e-for-dons

Understand that another of the Geel players is out Tuohy with the lesser Guthrie taking his place.
What in f***’s name has f****** Fantasia got???? The f****** bubonic plague????
Or why hang around the entire playing group at training all week?

Aaaaarrrgh...I knew nothing could go that right for us.Maybe he's got something that could infect the whole team? If so, get off Walla young man!
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

Rover99
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 1218
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:23 am

Re: R7 Essendon v Geelong

Post by Rover99 » Sun May 05, 2019 3:31 pm

Naa. Haven't come to play today. The best we can hope for is that we stick around long enough to wear them down and I'm not at all confident that will happen

Rover99
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 1218
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:23 am

Re: R7 Essendon v Geelong

Post by Rover99 » Sun May 05, 2019 3:34 pm

Wtf. We look almost asleep!

Post Reply