R8 Essendon v Sydney

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Re: R8 Essendon v Sydney

Post by Rover99 » Fri May 10, 2019 10:26 pm

Ha ha we are hopeless. Work so hard with a flash of brilliance here and there and toss it all away in front of goals. Hoped Zack would do something but again, hopeless. They shoulda been 5 goals in front. Unless we get our forward line back quickly season end after this

s'dreams
Club Captain

Post by s'dreams » Fri May 10, 2019 10:27 pm

juff wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 10:15 pm
Clarke is gonna cost us the game ](*,)
Wasn't only Clarke... (though he shouldn't play for us again) ...
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

bpdons
High Draft Pick

Post by bpdons » Fri May 10, 2019 10:28 pm

Thankfully we don't play Carlton anytime soon. This season is completely over

BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT » Fri May 10, 2019 10:29 pm

Same olds

s'dreams
Club Captain

Post by s'dreams » Fri May 10, 2019 10:31 pm

Woosher got outcoached again.

Sydney moved the ball easily out of their back 50 - we couldn't

We almost doubled their inside 50's ... what a waste of time... bomb it long and high. Wankers.

Hooker up forward move was too late.

nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos » Fri May 10, 2019 10:33 pm

Mediocrity

mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso » Fri May 10, 2019 10:42 pm

Many of our players tonight were passengers. This game was lost in the first half. Bottom of the ladder outplayed us, outcoached us and made us look even worse than we were if that is possible. Not unexpected, we are done for the season. Piss weak effort all around.

There needs to be a review of the footy department, heads need to roll. For this club to ever be a force again in the AFL, a lot of things need to change. We are mediocre middle of the road at the very best. Our defence tonight was a disgrace. Tommy Bell looked injured and Zac Clarke is simply not good enough. Hurley had a shocker and in the end rolled his ankle but he was next to useless before then. Saad and Hooker tried but were out numbered by Sydney players running everywhere. Fanta, Stringer, Merrett, Parish and Redmond were good but; plenty of our called stars were almost unsighted or may as have been or had shockers. ALL IN ALL, VERY, VERY, DISAPPOINTING RESULT. Coaching at its very worst.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.

nudder12
Regular Senior Player

Post by nudder12 » Fri May 10, 2019 11:04 pm

Over it. Done.

Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 » Fri May 10, 2019 11:22 pm

Windy_Hill wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 9:52 pm
I dont get it....when we lower the eyes and pick out a leading forward we generally score a goal.

When we bomb it in blindly we dont.

Who the f*** is coaching this team....just tell them to open the forward line and pass it low into the leading forward's arms

Lose this game and I am literally done with this team and its half wit coaching panel
Oh yes, oh yes. My 7 yo grandson asking "Why we don't take the ball closer up towards the goals before we kick".... What can I tell him? Because we have a moronic idiot for a coach? Gna' get him an appointment with Woosha next week to put him straight.
Thought Sydney were pretty slick by hand tonight and had some good moves worked out. We had no good moves - anywhere - just the one, and could never change the whole game through. Nice job again Woosh. Don't let your arse hit the door on the way out. :twisted: :evil:
PS: 100 metre penalty didn't help. Maybe I was wrong about Jake, but it was Sydney after all.

F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 » Fri May 10, 2019 11:25 pm

It may be that the umpires have failed to apply a clear free kick to Myers at the top of the square because a Swans player monkey climbed the goal post during his kick. :roll: #-o

Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 » Fri May 10, 2019 11:29 pm

F111 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 11:25 pm
It may be that the umpires have failed to apply a clear free kick to Myers at the top of the square because a Swans player monkey climbed the goal post during his kick. :roll: #-o
I missed that??? Appeal?? #-o

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Sat May 11, 2019 12:13 am

What do we really expect from our pissweak club?

Seeing these utter bastards smiling and laughing after the game made me sick. Pack ya bags and GAGF the lot of you. f****** shitboxes.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

s'dreams
Club Captain

Post by s'dreams » Sat May 11, 2019 12:15 am

F111 wrote:
I was too busy spewing because Myers winked before the kick and then ... he and Hepp had a great laugh after it f****** well fell short.

What a joke right? Lets have a laff?

f*** off shitheads

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Sat May 11, 2019 12:33 am

s'dreams wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 12:15 am
F111 wrote:
I was too busy spewing because Myers winked before the kick and then ... he and Hepp had a great laugh after it f****** well fell short.

What a joke right? Lets have a laff?

f*** off shitheads
ASADA should have banned these c**** for 20 years
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 » Sat May 11, 2019 12:47 am

Rover99 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 11:29 pm
F111 wrote:
I missed that??? Appeal?? #-o
https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-05-10/ ... -free-kick
17.11 SHAKING GOAL POST OR BEHIND POST

17.11.1 Free Kicks - Shaking Goal Post or Behind Post

Unless Law 17.11.3 applies, a Free Kick shall be awarded against a Player or Official who intentionally shakes a goal or behind post (either before or after a Player has disposed of the football).

17.11.2 Taking Free Kick

The following shall apply to a Free Kick awarded under Law 17.11.1:

(a) If a Free Kick is awarded against a Player or Official of the Defending Team and a Goal is not scored, the Player from the Attacking Team who was about to or who has Kicked for Goal, shall take the

Free Kick at the centre of the Goal Line.

(b) If the Free Kick is awarded against a Player or Official of the Attacking Team, the Player on the Defending Team who was nearest to the position from where the football will be or has been Kicked shall take the Free Kick

from that position. For the avoidance of doubt, any Goal or Behind which would have been recorded in favour of the Attacking Team but for the awarding of the Free Kick, shall not be recorded.

17.11.3 Goal Scored

If a Player or Official of the Defending Team contravenes Law 17.11.1 but a Goal is still scored, the field Umpire shall not award a Free Kick. In such cases,

the field Umpire shall signal ‘All Clear’ and a Goal shall be recorded.

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Sat May 11, 2019 2:11 am

Unfortunately F111,we don’t think anything will transpire from that.

Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman » Sat May 11, 2019 8:03 am

A poor performance, but I blame the ruining brigade.

Everything was get ball turn and bang.
No options, no runners offering to get it on the outside, no thought to switch the ball, just bomb it forward where we were out off position or mis-matched and out numbered...

That said, credit where it’s due, Sydney executed a good game plan and I said early in the week we would give them a leg up to make finals 😢

MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber » Sat May 11, 2019 8:28 am

I just saw that Dane Rampe climbed on the goal post and shook it before Myers took that shot. While the shot was unaffected by that action is illegal and Myers should have taking his shot from the goal square. So no matter how incompetent we were ,we were actually robbed big big time by apathetic umpiring and enforcement of the rules.

So we would have won and been 4 and 4 and the whole world would look different in terms of actually winning despite playing like crap.

I think we need to stop all these calls for the entire coaching staff and players to be sacked if we lose. I did it myself immediately after last week and last night and in retrospect I regret it. I know I am very very cut up when we lose but our love you hate you way of being supporters is not bloody well helping things. Things are never as bad or as good as they seem.

I honestly think that robbery of the win against Collingwood sapped the momentum and confidence of the players. We are quite capable of coming good. I am royally pisssed off with the last 2 losses but am not prepared to write us off just yet.

As for the laughter by Heppell and Myers, I think Heppell wanted to reassure Myers it wasn’t all down to him for the loss. Maybe they were laughing ironically about how they will both be called to be sacked by the Essendon faithful and media.
Regards

MH_Bomber

Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 » Sat May 11, 2019 9:54 am

billyduckworth wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 8:24 pm
We look lazy, just bombing it anywhere and hoping for the best.

If the Swans were a decent side and/or kicked straight, we would be 3 or 4 goals down already.
Now I see why we are called the Bombers :D

Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 » Sat May 11, 2019 9:56 am

juff wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 10:15 pm
Clarke is gonna cost us the game ](*,)
And he did...