R8 Essendon v Sydney

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
s'dreams
Club Captain

Re: R8 Essendon v Sydney

Post by s'dreams » Sat May 11, 2019 10:42 am

Interesting

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-05-10/ ... -free-kick

Although the AFL site says that Rampe didn't deliberately shake the post, he did deliberately climb the post that caaused it to shake.

Didn't Fletch get a week for that in the past?

Anyway, would have though that RAmpe would get a week for ump abuse anyway.
Last edited by s'dreams on Sat May 11, 2019 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

s'dreams
Club Captain

Post by s'dreams » Sat May 11, 2019 10:50 am

MH_Bomber wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 8:28 am
I just saw that Dane Rampe climbed on the goal post and shook it before Myers took that shot. While the shot was unaffected by that action is illegal and Myers should have taking his shot from the goal square. So no matter how incompetent we were ,we were actually robbed big big time by apathetic umpiring and enforcement of the rules.

So we would have won and been 4 and 4 and the whole world would look different in terms of actually winning despite playing like crap.

I think we need to stop all these calls for the entire coaching staff and players to be sacked if we lose. I did it myself immediately after last week and last night and in retrospect I regret it. I know I am very very cut up when we lose but our love you hate you way of being supporters is not bloody well helping things. Things are never as bad or as good as they seem.

I honestly think that robbery of the win against Collingwood sapped the momentum and confidence of the players. We are quite capable of coming good. I am royally pisssed off with the last 2 losses but am not prepared to write us off just yet.

As for the laughter by Heppell and Myers, I think Heppell wanted to reassure Myers it wasn’t all down to him for the loss. Maybe they were laughing ironically about how they will both be called to be sacked by the Essendon faithful and media.
While I take your point that we can be feral (deservedly so in my view), I take the position that we bet the farm on adding one player that would take us to challenge for the premiership.

We are a long way off even challenging for the finals.

Should we make it, I will strip and streak over the Merri Creek.

As for Hepp and Myers laughing... I wouldn't have put any angst on a Hail Mary shot missing or falling short. I do have angst on the sort of leader who seem to laugh off the hurt.

s'dreams
Club Captain

Post by s'dreams » Sat May 11, 2019 12:40 pm

The AFL (in the form of Gil McGlochlan) has signed off on the non-free stating that it was "good commonsense umpiring" as "it had no impact on the kick".

Umm neither does entering a "protected area" or "accidentally getting in the way of a slowly trotting player being measured for a 50"... but they get paid...

Protectionist garbage.

MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber » Sat May 11, 2019 12:54 pm

It’s punishment for having the temerity to boo about the umpiring and booing Ablett.

The AFL literally hate Essendon.
Regards

MH_Bomber

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Sat May 11, 2019 1:36 pm

MH_Bomber wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 8:28 am
I just saw that Dane Rampe climbed on the goal post and shook it before Myers took that shot. While the shot was unaffected by that action is illegal and Myers should have taking his shot from the goal square. So no matter how incompetent we were ,we were actually robbed big big time by apathetic umpiring and enforcement of the rules.
I’m glad it played out the way it did. I’d hate to win a game like that, and everyone would be saying “oh look, we won in Sydney” as if nothing is wrong. There is whole lot with this junk club, and it’s all in their soft heads.
So we would have won and been 4 and 4 and the whole world would look different in terms of actually winning despite playing like crap.
Playing like crap is an art form at our club. That is an absolute.
I think we need to stop all these calls for the entire coaching staff and players to be sacked if we lose. I did it myself immediately after last week and last night and in retrospect I regret it. I know I am very very cut up when we lose but our love you hate you way of being supporters is not bloody well helping things. Things are never as bad or as good as they seem.
They’ll only get louder. Enough is enough of this bullshit. Seriously. Get rid of the shit. Cull, cull, cull.
I honestly think that robbery of the win against Collingwood sapped the momentum and confidence of the players. We are quite capable of coming good. I am royally pisssed off with the last 2 losses but am not prepared to write us off just yet.
It’s the same shit every year MH, I don’t know why you don’t get tired of it. It’s there printed amongst our boards of all the atrocities we have committed over the last 15 consecutive years - beating top sides, and losing to eventual wooden spooners, or teams at the bottom. And so the story continues. This crap needs to be thrown in their faces and rubbed in hard until their noses bleed.
As for the laughter by Heppell and Myers, I think Heppell wanted to reassure Myers it wasn’t all down to him for the loss. Maybe they were laughing ironically about how they will both be called to be sacked by the Essendon faithful and media.
Please don’t give an excuse to this unforgivable scene. It is abysmal. They need to be axed from the leadership group. I wish Goddard was still around to throttle their necks - in front of the cameras. Bloody pathetic.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

patoman
On the Rookie List

Post by patoman » Sat May 11, 2019 2:11 pm

As supporters who rightly or wrongly bought into the pre season hype we need to get a grip! Fair enough rnd 1 we were shit and deserved to be blasted, against the saints we were marginally better, then we hit some decent form albeit against average opposition, we get robbed against Collingwood in Anzac Day of a hard fought win against a quality opponent due to bad umpiring and not taking our chances... we lose to Geelong the form team of the comp because we weren’t as good as them, and come up against Sydney when they’re overdue a win... we don’t make the most of our chances and probably should’ve had the free at the end and won the game... all of this with injuries/interrupted seasons to Raz Joey Brown Mckernen Smith Zaha Laverde Stewart etc... I rated us as a top eight side this year... top 4 if everything went according to plan... everything has not gone according to plan... deal with it!! I just think calling for the coaches head or labeling this some kind of crisis is just crazy!! We may make finals.. if we do I expect us to give it a real shake.. if we don’t it will be disappointing but not the end of the world.. I don’t think the coaches have done a lot wrong.. we do need to address some of the decision making on field.. ie delivery into the forward line but think that comes a bit with more playing time together and a bit more settled line up... onwards and upwards for the rest of the season... I’ll be there supporting the boys and looking forward to seeing how our season unfolds.. Go Bombers!!

s'dreams
Club Captain

Post by s'dreams » Sat May 11, 2019 2:17 pm

MH_Bomber wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 12:54 pm
It’s punishment for having the temerity to boo about the umpiring and booing Ablett.

The AFL literally hate Essendon.
Abblett got boo'd for the action that got him reported.

MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber » Sat May 11, 2019 2:18 pm

I know what you are saying exactly BD. What I dont get is reconcile the promise and form in the equivalent of 4 games where we played pretty well with the first 2 weeks and last 2 weeks.

I am talking 2nd half St Kilda when they were flying, Melbourne game, Brisbane game and North game and second half of Collingwood game.

Other teams are also being as inconsistent as we have.

I find myself mired in bitter and twistedness about the team and the last 20 years of unfulfilled promise and I just think it is unhealthy for me or the club collectively to be so critical.

I want to believe in them. I am going reserve my judgement until the end of the season.
Regards

MH_Bomber

Windy Hille
High Draft Pick

Post by Windy Hille » Sat May 11, 2019 3:07 pm

I thought we did well considering the missing links within the team. We are heavily undermanned at the minute. Put things in context people!

Everyone blamed Langford for last week’s loss. Well, he wasn’t there last night, so what now? Blame every man and his dog... :evil:

F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 » Sat May 11, 2019 8:12 pm

Langford missed two set shots last week. Clarke missed two set shots this week.

Someones gotta take the blame! :wink:

And we all know it can't be the umpires. What if that non call on Rampe had been an elimination final, a PF or a GF? What might everyone be saying then.

The rule is there, it's black and white. Where does the rule say anything about it wouldn't have made any difference? The umpire shouldn't blown his whistle and called it when he saw it, instead of yelling "get down". The result of the kick shouldn't have any bearing on the misdemeanour.

It was a wrong "lack of" call, no excuses.
:evil:

Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Post by Western Red » Mon May 13, 2019 5:10 pm

We are a physically and mentally weak team.

You could see that the ball was bouncing Sydney's way (the first two marks they got inside 50 were miss kicks that went straight to a teammate!) and in situations like that you have to grind the f****** game out until things turn your way. We don't have the fortitude to do that - no backbone, no leadership, no f****** will to win.

Yep we will get Freo after they got trounced and as much as I hate Ross Lyon you watch him give JW a coaching lesson and Freo to destroy us. Lyon will know how to slow our game plan down and then they will run riot on us.

Softcocks..

desmondo
High Draft Pick

Post by desmondo » Tue May 14, 2019 1:06 pm

What truly shits me about the rampke shaking the post thing is (and I`d be willing to bet my balls on this) IF the position was reversed and we were 5 points up and rampke took the mark and Myers had jumped up on and shaken the post, that fkng moronic umpire WOULD DEFINATELY have blown his whistle and awarded them a 50 metre penalty (sorry David he would have said but that`s the rules, instead of running in and shouting get down, get down) handing them the game, BUT we can`t have the original love child of the AFL losing too many games because the rugby loving sydney public were staying away in droves, hence costing the AFL plenty due to lack of bums on seats, and it`s ALL about the money for those c****. Any-one actually know the name of that umpire?, I`d like to see him NOT umpire another senior game as he obviously doesn`t know the rules and can`t go round costing teams a win because of his incompetence. I wonder if gilligan would have called it common sense umpiring IF he`d blown his whistle and awared us a 50 metre penalty handing us the game??, I DON`T FKNG THINK SO.

OK, so just found out the dickheads name...Andre Gianfagna. Sounds more like a soccer referee than an aussie rules umpire, anyway the fag bit sounds about right, fkng idiot.
Last edited by desmondo on Tue May 14, 2019 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Tue May 14, 2019 1:39 pm

I don’t suppose he umpired Hawthorn v Footscray earlier in the season,when 1 particular umpire took a disliking to a certain Hawks back man?If it was,he’s gone from being literal to supposedly commonsense(Bullshit)Umpiring. :roll:

And Yes,I did notice an awfull lot of empty seats at the SCG,so things were getting a little desperate for AWFULL House in Sydney Town.It’s bad enough for ‘em,they get bugger all in western Sydney.Now things are looking a bit empty at Swanland.

They needed a Win.Hence,bugger the 1st opposition that ventured north of the Mighty Murray.

Us! :roll:

F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 » Tue May 14, 2019 6:02 pm

Rampe $10K fine foe "little girl" comments.

If he hadn't got away with the goal post thing it might've been a bit less maybe? The AFL got their cash regardless.

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Tue May 14, 2019 7:44 pm

F111 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 6:02 pm
Rampe $10K fine foe "little girl" comments.

If he hadn't got away with the goal post thing it might've been a bit less maybe? The AFL got their cash regardless.
The f****** joint has gone mad.

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Tue May 14, 2019 7:59 pm

So basically the AFL have now admitted that he broke the rule....but not enough to award the prescribed penalty on the field for such reckless and frankly cheating action

f****** Laughable

F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 » Tue May 14, 2019 9:54 pm

The AFL ruled against the Swans captain under rule 2.3, which relates to "conduct unbecoming or prejudicial to the interests of the AFL".

For telling an umpire, "you talk like a little girl", Rampe was sanctioned $10,000, of which $5000 was suspended.

For climbing the goal post, which caused it to shake and thus breaching an AFL in-game rule, Rampe was fined $1000, all of which was suspended.

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Tue May 14, 2019 10:51 pm

F111 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 9:54 pm
The AFL ruled against the Swans captain under rule 2.3, which relates to "conduct unbecoming or prejudicial to the interests of the AFL".

For telling an umpire, "you talk like a little girl", Rampe was sanctioned $10,000, of which $5000 was suspended.

For climbing the goal post, which caused it to shake and thus breaching an AFL in-game rule, Rampe was fined $1000, all of which was suspended.
AFL comedy...
Rampe breaches shake the post rule.
Umpire doesn’t pay free kick against.
Umpire review says umpire is correct. All clear.
CEO comes out and backs umpires.
Charge Rampe with something anyway.
Find him guilty of the thing they say was totally fine.
But give no punishment.

What. The. Actual. f***

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Tue May 14, 2019 10:57 pm

A Bloody Circus Ben.

Funny how Fox Sports(aka News Limited),in scaling back Sports Coverage,want to keep pouring a Shitload into this Circus! :roll:

Windy Hille
High Draft Pick

Post by Windy Hille » Wed May 15, 2019 7:34 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 10:51 pm
F111 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 9:54 pm

AFL comedy...
Rampe breaches shake the post rule.
Umpire doesn’t pay free kick against.
Umpire review says umpire is correct. All clear.
CEO comes out and backs umpires.
Charge Rampe with something anyway.
Find him guilty of the thing they say was totally fine.
But give no punishment.

What. The. Actual. f***
Laughable. What are they promoting in this comp? Makes no sense and they just carry on like they couldn’t care less what people think...