Our ruck crisis...

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Re: Our ruck crisis...

Post by Windy_Hill » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:21 pm

grassy1 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:38 pm
There’s always Zac’s Partner in crime,Lachlan De La Hunty!

Sandover Medallist after an Outstanding season,filled in for Zac’s absence,brilliantly! :wink: 8) :lol:
I assume you are being a tad sarcastic...in case you are not;

Zac Clarke had a stellar year in the WAFL and was at a loss playing AFL level. I wouldn't be going anywhere near the minor leagues for a ruckman...they are worlds apart

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:04 am

Some work out,some do not.

Zac burnt us,he burnt me for the faith I had in him.

Doesn’t mean others from the same competition should be automatically overlooked.

Your talent scouts wouldn’t be doing their jobs if they did.
Last edited by grassy1 on Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

s'dreams
Club Captain

Post by s'dreams » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:00 am

Zac Clarke played 9 games for the seniors

He played 3 games for the VFL, two of these were "time managed".

He was not fit or match fit enough to play seniors, but he did. Why the selectors picked him over the match fit Draper when first (or even the second time) a replacement was needed is beyond me.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

desmondo
Regular Senior Player

Post by desmondo » Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:05 pm

grassy1 wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:04 am
Some work out,some do not.

Zac burnt us,he burnt me for the faith I had in him.

Doesn’t mean others from the same competition should be automatically overlooked.

Your talent scouts wouldn’t be doing their jobs if they did.
Yeah, I wouldn`t mind another G Moss playing for us :wink:

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:23 pm

Hopefully the next G.Moss has a better Squad than the original in the 70’s,at his disposal desmondo.

mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:47 pm

We're getting so desperate we might have to rookie Simon Madden. Sure as hell there is no one else good enough currently.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.

mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:50 pm

s'dreams wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:00 am
Zac Clarke played 9 games for the seniors

He played 3 games for the VFL, two of these were "time managed".

He was not fit or match fit enough to play seniors, but he did. Why the selectors picked him over the match fit Draper when first (or even the second time) a replacement was needed is beyond me.

This is part of our mediocrity phase problem and why becoming like the best with this current attitude will get us nowhere very quickly.
Wake up Essendon the problem is YOU.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.

F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:40 pm

Next ruckman looming at Tullamarine

Essendon's search for a back-up ruckman has seen the Bombers meet with out-of-contract Carlton big man Andrew Phillips.

After missing out to St Kilda for Paddy Ryder, the Bombers are looking for added ruck depth behind Tom Bellchambers and Sam Draper, who will return from an ACL reconstruction in 2020.

The Bombers have explored the potential of recruiting the 201cm Blue who played five matches this season.
Andrew Phillips
Disposals 11.4 Average
Marks 3.6 Above Avg
Hitouts 29.4 Above Avg

Phillips has been offered a one-year deal to remain at Ikon Park but at 28, is seeking two years for added career security.

The former Giant, who was in the Harbour City from 2012-2015, sits second in the Blues' pecking order behind Matthew Kreuzer. Former Power big man Matthew Lobbe was delisted from the Blues last month.

Essendon has also shown interest in Geelong big man Zac Smith who is yet to be offered a deal at the Cats and is also being monitoring by his former club Gold Coast.

Zac Clarke, who was picked up by the Bombers via the pre-season supplemental period (SSP) in December, is yet to be offered a contract for 2020.

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:18 pm

Interesting. He’s been in the game for 8 years and he’s 28 years of age. Today is the first time I’ve heard of the bloke.

Listen, if these guys can’t crack a game at a pathetic club like Carlton, why bother adding them to our list ffs. I’d rather leave a vacant spot than to clog it up with rubbish. Haven’t we learnt from the Jonathon Giles, Matthew Looneyberger, and Zombie Clarke experiments?
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

DC2
High Draft Pick

Post by DC2 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:03 am

BenDoolan wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:18 pm
Interesting. He’s been in the game for 8 years and he’s 28 years of age. Today is the first time I’ve heard of the bloke.
lmao, thought the exact same thing.
BenDoolan wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:18 pm
Listen, if these guys can’t crack a game at a pathetic club like Carlton, why bother adding them to our list ffs. I’d rather leave a vacant spot than to clog it up with rubbish. Haven’t we learnt from the Jonathon Giles, Matthew Looneyberger, and Zombie Clarke experiments?
richmond adopted this mentality and it served them well. grigg was their second ruckman during a premiership season.

Jonathon Giles, Matthew Looneyberger, and Zombie Clarke...hate to be the bearer of bad news BD, but you are going to have to add another spud
to that list of names. essendon seem hell bent on grabbing another.

s'dreams
Club Captain

Post by s'dreams » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:58 am

He is another of the Silvagni GWS job lot that he brought to Carlton in 2016 in exchange for the #17 pick from Geelong for Henderson (eventually landed at Brisvegas for Berry). Only one left at Carlton is Plowman (Lamb and Sumner also duds).

Played 5 games for Carlton this year and in his best game, got 44 hitouts against English at the Dogs early in the season.

Sounds as if ZClarke is one the way out ... the only positive out of all of this.

Would accept it only if EFC recruits another young (anywhere up to 24 years old) ruck and invests some time into him.

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:22 pm

s'dreams wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:58 am
He is another of the Silvagni GWS job lot that he brought to Carlton in 2016 in exchange for the #17 pick from Geelong for Henderson (eventually landed at Brisvegas for Berry). Only one left at Carlton is Plowman (Lamb and Sumner also duds).

Played 5 games for Carlton this year and in his best game, got 44 hitouts against English at the Dogs early in the season.

Sounds as if ZClarke is one the way out ... the only positive out of all of this.

Just make sure he doesn’t go back to Subi!

Would accept it only if EFC recruits another young (anywhere up to 24 years old) ruck and invests some time into him.

s'dreams
Club Captain

Post by s'dreams » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:36 pm

grassy1 wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:22 pm
s'dreams wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:58 am

Just make sure he doesn’t go back to Subi!

As I said above - he was played in the seniors when not match fit. Only 3 games in the VFL, two of which were 1/2 games.

He should be right at the VFL/WAFL level.

F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:14 pm

Ilia Grgic? Matthew Allan?

I'd be happy with a Peter Somerville next year :shock: :roll:

Draper will have high expectations but he'll need to regain knee confidence and game fitness around early season. There might be a some expectations to deal with.