Benevolent Bombers versus Bloods

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Post Reply
User avatar
rockhole
Club Captain
Posts: 4825
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:31 am
Location: La Grange

Benevolent Bombers versus Bloods

Post by rockhole » Thu May 09, 2019 10:53 am

We have all been here before. Beaten convincingly by teams above us on the ladder we now face a season maker/breaker by a team who are just a shadow of their former self.

Will we see the re-emergence of the Benevolent Bombers by giving Sydney a leg up and helping them kick start their 2019 campaign, or shall we see the ruthless Stealth Bombers who blew them away in round 19 last year.

Will Buddy be replaced by some pimply faced teenager who no cnt has ever heard of, who will have a break out game kicking 8, never to be seen again.

How can you not be cynical given all the shit we have had to put up with for what seems like an eternity. Benny tells us that this drought is worse than the '70's which is hard to believe, but as Ronny pointed out, at least we would whack a few blokes to ensure the opposition earned the win back then.

I watched last year's game against Sydney last night. We were irrepressible at the ball and Raz and Tippa unstoppable. We can only hope that it is dry which is unheard of regarding a sporting fixture in Sydney and that our forward line functions as it did last year.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark

User avatar
s'dreams
Club Captain
Posts: 4119
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:48 pm

Re: Benevolent Bombers versus Bloods

Post by s'dreams » Thu May 09, 2019 11:28 am

JoeD unlikely to play (sore)
TBell struggling

On the plus side, Fantasia is available.

Clarke also is available.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

User avatar
F111
Essendon Legend
Posts: 15436
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:55 pm

Re: Benevolent Bombers versus Bloods

Post by F111 » Thu May 09, 2019 7:19 pm

IN: Fanta, Myers, Ham, Clarke the tall.

OUT: Daniher rested, Ridley, Bags, Langers all omitted.

Who is gunna kick the goals? :-k
Smack, Brown, Daniher out. #-o

FINAL TEAM
B – Patrick Ambrose, Cale Hooker, Andrew McGrath
HB – Aaron Francis, Michael Hurley, Orazio Fantasia
C – Zach Merrett, Darcy Parish, Dyson Heppell
HF – Matt Guelfi, Jake Stringer, Devon Smith
F – Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti, David Myers, Adam Saad
R – Tom Bellchambers, Dylan Shiel, David Zaharakis
Interchange – Brayden Ham, Conor McKenna, Mason Redman, Zac Clarke
Emergencies – Mark Baguley, Kyle Langford, Jordan Ridley, Michael Hartley

IN – Fantasia, Myers, Ham, Z. Clarke
OUT – Ridley (omitted), Baguley (omitted), Langford (omitted), Daniher (managed)

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 25571
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Benevolent Bombers versus Bloods

Post by BenDoolan » Thu May 09, 2019 7:26 pm

F111 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 7:19 pm
IN: Fanta, Myers, Ham, Clarke the tall.

OUT: Daniher rested, Ridley, Bags, Langers all omitted.

Who is gunna kick the goals? :-k
Smack, Brown, Daniher out. #-o

FINAL TEAM
B – Patrick Ambrose, Cale Hooker, Andrew McGrath
HB – Aaron Francis, Michael Hurley, Orazio Fantasia
C – Zach Merrett, Darcy Parish, Dyson Heppell
HF – Matt Guelfi, Jake Stringer, Devon Smith
F – Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti, David Myers, Adam Saad
R – Tom Bellchambers, Dylan Shiel, David Zaharakis
Interchange – Brayden Ham, Conor McKenna, Mason Redman, Zac Clarke
Emergencies – Mark Baguley, Kyle Langford, Jordan Ridley, Michael Hartley

IN – Fantasia, Myers, Ham, Z. Clarke
OUT – Ridley (omitted), Baguley (omitted), Langford (omitted), Daniher (managed)
Daniher missing for about 15 games last season. Misses pre-season games and early start to season. Plays 3 games. Now, RESTED????

:roll:
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

DC2
High Draft Pick
Posts: 893
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:01 pm

Re: Benevolent Bombers versus Bloods

Post by DC2 » Fri May 10, 2019 1:17 am

BenDoolan wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 7:26 pm
F111 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 7:19 pm
IN: Fanta, Myers, Ham, Clarke the tall.

OUT: Daniher rested, Ridley, Bags, Langers all omitted.

Who is gunna kick the goals? :-k
Smack, Brown, Daniher out. #-o

FINAL TEAM
B – Patrick Ambrose, Cale Hooker, Andrew McGrath
HB – Aaron Francis, Michael Hurley, Orazio Fantasia
C – Zach Merrett, Darcy Parish, Dyson Heppell
HF – Matt Guelfi, Jake Stringer, Devon Smith
F – Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti, David Myers, Adam Saad
R – Tom Bellchambers, Dylan Shiel, David Zaharakis
Interchange – Brayden Ham, Conor McKenna, Mason Redman, Zac Clarke
Emergencies – Mark Baguley, Kyle Langford, Jordan Ridley, Michael Hartley

IN – Fantasia, Myers, Ham, Z. Clarke
OUT – Ridley (omitted), Baguley (omitted), Langford (omitted), Daniher (managed)
Daniher missing for about 15 games last season. Misses pre-season games and early start to season. Plays 3 games. Now, RESTED????

:roll:
geelong game was on sunday. so its a 5 day turn around.

Rover99
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 1355
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:23 am

Re: Benevolent Bombers versus Bloods

Post by Rover99 » Fri May 10, 2019 2:31 am

DC2 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 1:17 am
BenDoolan wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 7:26 pm
F111 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 7:19 pm
IN: Fanta, Myers, Ham, Clarke the tall.

OUT: Daniher rested, Ridley, Bags, Langers all omitted.

Who is gunna kick the goals? :-k



Hopefully Jake and Smith and the mighty midgets. If not, Hooks I guess.

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 25571
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Benevolent Bombers versus Bloods

Post by BenDoolan » Fri May 10, 2019 3:22 am

DC2 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 1:17 am
BenDoolan wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 7:26 pm
F111 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 7:19 pm
IN: Fanta, Myers, Ham, Clarke the tall.

OUT: Daniher rested, Ridley, Bags, Langers all omitted.

Who is gunna kick the goals? :-k
Smack, Brown, Daniher out. #-o

FINAL TEAM
B – Patrick Ambrose, Cale Hooker, Andrew McGrath
HB – Aaron Francis, Michael Hurley, Orazio Fantasia
C – Zach Merrett, Darcy Parish, Dyson Heppell
HF – Matt Guelfi, Jake Stringer, Devon Smith
F – Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti, David Myers, Adam Saad
R – Tom Bellchambers, Dylan Shiel, David Zaharakis
Interchange – Brayden Ham, Conor McKenna, Mason Redman, Zac Clarke
Emergencies – Mark Baguley, Kyle Langford, Jordan Ridley, Michael Hartley

IN – Fantasia, Myers, Ham, Z. Clarke
OUT – Ridley (omitted), Baguley (omitted), Langford (omitted), Daniher (managed)
Daniher missing for about 15 games last season. Misses pre-season games and early start to season. Plays 3 games. Now, RESTED????

:roll:
geelong game was on sunday. so its a 5 day turn around.
Yes, and that was the same for 21 other players.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

DC2
High Draft Pick
Posts: 893
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:01 pm

Re: Benevolent Bombers versus Bloods

Post by DC2 » Fri May 10, 2019 10:42 am

BenDoolan wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 3:22 am
DC2 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 1:17 am
BenDoolan wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 7:26 pm
F111 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 7:19 pm
IN: Fanta, Myers, Ham, Clarke the tall.

OUT: Daniher rested, Ridley, Bags, Langers all omitted.

Who is gunna kick the goals? :-k
Smack, Brown, Daniher out. #-o

FINAL TEAM
B – Patrick Ambrose, Cale Hooker, Andrew McGrath
HB – Aaron Francis, Michael Hurley, Orazio Fantasia
C – Zach Merrett, Darcy Parish, Dyson Heppell
HF – Matt Guelfi, Jake Stringer, Devon Smith
F – Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti, David Myers, Adam Saad
R – Tom Bellchambers, Dylan Shiel, David Zaharakis
Interchange – Brayden Ham, Conor McKenna, Mason Redman, Zac Clarke
Emergencies – Mark Baguley, Kyle Langford, Jordan Ridley, Michael Hartley

IN – Fantasia, Myers, Ham, Z. Clarke
OUT – Ridley (omitted), Baguley (omitted), Langford (omitted), Daniher (managed)
Daniher missing for about 15 games last season. Misses pre-season games and early start to season. Plays 3 games. Now, RESTED????

:roll:
geelong game was on sunday. so its a 5 day turn around.
Yes, and that was the same for 21 other players.
they didnt miss a year of football with OP though

mdso
Club Captain
Posts: 3145
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:55 am
Location: Merimbula, Far South Coast of N.SW.

Re: Benevolent Bombers versus Bloods

Post by mdso » Fri May 10, 2019 11:03 am

Lets be honest when we say ….this game for us not Sydney is our game cruncher. Sydney is not only a shadow of their former glory, they've almost even lost their own reflection. We lose this game...………………………………. and we're done, mentally, emotionally and the year is over in terms of going anywhere but where we are now in nowhere land stuck between there and where we really want to go. It will be time to make the hard decisions on all players and some, who have had an easier ride than most.

ESSENDON have to go for the jugular, be utterly ruthless and smash the Swans. If we don't, we are stuck with the mantle of who we have become.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.

Rover99
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 1355
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:23 am

Re: Benevolent Bombers versus Bloods

Post by Rover99 » Fri May 10, 2019 11:48 pm

mdso wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 11:03 am
Lets be honest when we say ….this game for us not Sydney is our game cruncher. Sydney is not only a shadow of their former glory, they've almost even lost their own reflection. We lose this game...………………………………. and we're done, mentally, emotionally and the year is over in terms of going anywhere but where we are now in nowhere land stuck between there and where we really want to go. It will be time to make the hard decisions on all players and some, who have had an easier ride than most.

ESSENDON have to go for the jugular, be utterly ruthless and smash the Swans. If we don't, we are stuck with the mantle of who we have become.
So, the worst has just happened and I agree...it's just about the worst, but I still believe even worse could happen to us this season and theoretically we haven't got an excuse to bless ourselves with. So okay, if that's the worst, what is the strongest, remedial action mid-year that could reasonably be taken? Hurley, Zacha et al to the two's? Let's hear it.

Post Reply