R9 Essendon v Fremantle

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Re: R9 Essendon v Fremantle

Post by grassy1 » Mon May 13, 2019 7:34 pm

Crazyman wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 7:29 pm
Watch Ross the Boss rest Fyfe and we still get our arses handed to us...
We’ll make Matt Taberner look like Peter Hudson!

bpdons
High Draft Pick

Post by bpdons » Tue May 14, 2019 12:28 pm

Does it also mean players can climb goalposts this week as long as they don’t touch the ball? It has no influence right?

We can also send a player out on the ground in Geelong #29 jumper and elbow a player in the head as long as it’s insufficient force to concuss them?

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Tue May 14, 2019 1:45 pm

Gee,I wish I played for Essendon on Ablett.I’d give him something to think about.If he could remember!

Mind you,I’d change my name to Jack Tatum or Ted Hendricks! :twisted:

And probably get a year,or more.

Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Post by Western Red » Tue May 14, 2019 2:09 pm

Daniher for Clarke - f*** it take the kid gloves off and let Daniher ruck when required

Begley for Fanta

Anyone for Myers

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Tue May 14, 2019 2:12 pm

Western Red wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 2:09 pm
Daniher for Clarke - f*** it take the kid gloves off and let Daniher ruck when required

Begley for Fanta

Anyone for Myers
Not a Vic Park Raider man,Red? :wink:

MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber » Tue May 14, 2019 5:39 pm

Colyer will definitely star as sure as night comes after day.

I really really hope Bomber fans don't boo this bloke on a couple of accounts.

1) whatever his shortcomings were he tried his darndest for us through a lean period.
2) For the many who wanted to see the back of him, it really would hypocritical to boo him once he actually left.

I am giving up my ticket to my daughter's mate as I will be glued to the TV watching the election machinations. Anthony Greene with his new fandangle number crunching software and graphics.
Regards

MH_Bomber

F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 » Tue May 14, 2019 5:48 pm

Maybe Colyer should get a loud crowd clap?

Thanks for comin'. Thanks for leavin" sorta thing. ;)

That'd surprise a few! :D

MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber » Tue May 14, 2019 6:34 pm

That would be really nice if he got a clap at stages during game. As long as he doesn’t run in at high speed a kick one from 50m out to snatch victory from us. Oops I wish I hadn’t said that.
Regards

MH_Bomber

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Tue May 14, 2019 6:39 pm

MH_Bomber wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 6:34 pm
That would be really nice if he got a clap at stages during game. As long as he doesn’t run in at high speed a kick one from 50m out to snatch victory from us. Oops I wish I hadn’t said that.
It’s all your fault if we lose now,MH. :wink: :lol:

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Tue May 14, 2019 8:06 pm

MH_Bomber wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 5:39 pm
Colyer will definitely star as sure as night comes after day.

I really really hope Bomber fans don't boo this bloke on a couple of accounts.

1) whatever his shortcomings were he tried his darndest for us through a lean period.
2) For the many who wanted to see the back of him, it really would hypocritical to boo him once he actually left.

I am giving up my ticket to my daughter's mate as I will be glued to the TV watching the election machinations. Anthony Greene with his new fandangle number crunching software and graphics.
If he plays out of his skin I would boo his arse off for being the f****** pretender he was for how ever many years at Essendon. If he plays a typical Trav game of 11 disposals, 37% efficiency and 5 clangers. I will applaud him and say well done mate..you genuinely tried your best but were just crap

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Tue May 14, 2019 8:15 pm

I’m statin’ the bleedin’ obvious,but how often do you see ex players play out of their skin,against their old Club?

And some do Bugger all otherwise! :roll:

s'dreams
Club Captain

Post by s'dreams » Tue May 14, 2019 10:54 pm

Apparently our High Maintenance Coach (Justin Crowe) has advised that Laverde, Daniher and Baguley should all be available for Saturday.

Honestly, I'd only bring one of the three in. Laverde to return through the VFL and Baguley to be frank has been disappointing this year (despite his one goal a game).

I'd consider Dylan Clarke (30 disposals in the VFL) for Smith and Ridley (played forward and back on Sat, 2 goals) for Fanta (at least for Myers). Daniher for Clarke seems right.

Matt Dea played pretty good and may be worth considering. Beguley played managed minutes in the VFL, didn't get much of the ball and probably needs another week.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

nudder12
Regular Senior Player

Post by nudder12 » Wed May 15, 2019 12:22 am

From VFL Round 6 report....

Begley - Josh played a bit of inside and mainly forward minutes, but he probably didn’t find his hands on the ball quite as much as he’d like. He seemed to be around the contest and putting some good heat on. I thought he was physical inside but he’ll keep working at his cleanliness which will hopefully improve as we get some more footy into him – he’s only recently back from injury so his transition and work rate is really good and that’s a positive.
Stats: 14 disposals, three marks, one goal

D.Clarke - Dylan was really strong inside, and was really intent around the contest and also in getting out and spreading. He had eight clearances for the game which is a good effort for our mids, given we probably lost some ruck depth. His disposals were a good mix of kick-to-handball, and he’s probably our most solid on-baller.
Stats: 30 disposals, seven marks, four tackles

Clarke has been racking up numbers in VFL for over a year now. He got one chance in AFL last season and was dropped. Just bring him in and let him do the rest of whatever development he needs in the AFL side, at least until he proves to be a failure.

Begley has had 4 games back from injury now, is fully fit and playing full match time. I don't see him as a bloke that needs to stay VFL until he gets bigger numbers. If he can get 15 in AFL that's all we need from his type. I just reckon some players will perform at the higher level even if they don't dominate at VFL, and I think Begley might be one of them. Chuck him in and let's see what he's got.

They're both 21 this year, sound like at least they'd inject some intensity and work rate into the senior team, so it's time to find out if they're going to make it.

Windy Hille
High Draft Pick

Post by Windy Hille » Wed May 15, 2019 7:37 pm

nudder12 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 12:22 am
From VFL Round 6 report....

Begley - Josh played a bit of inside and mainly forward minutes, but he probably didn’t find his hands on the ball quite as much as he’d like. He seemed to be around the contest and putting some good heat on. I thought he was physical inside but he’ll keep working at his cleanliness which will hopefully improve as we get some more footy into him – he’s only recently back from injury so his transition and work rate is really good and that’s a positive.
Stats: 14 disposals, three marks, one goal

D.Clarke - Dylan was really strong inside, and was really intent around the contest and also in getting out and spreading. He had eight clearances for the game which is a good effort for our mids, given we probably lost some ruck depth. His disposals were a good mix of kick-to-handball, and he’s probably our most solid on-baller.
Stats: 30 disposals, seven marks, four tackles

Clarke has been racking up numbers in VFL for over a year now. He got one chance in AFL last season and was dropped. Just bring him in and let him do the rest of whatever development he needs in the AFL side, at least until he proves to be a failure.

Begley has had 4 games back from injury now, is fully fit and playing full match time. I don't see him as a bloke that needs to stay VFL until he gets bigger numbers. If he can get 15 in AFL that's all we need from his type. I just reckon some players will perform at the higher level even if they don't dominate at VFL, and I think Begley might be one of them. Chuck him in and let's see what he's got.

They're both 21 this year, sound like at least they'd inject some intensity and work rate into the senior team, so it's time to find out if they're going to make it.
Langers and D. Clarke in the mix. Both were excellent.

s'dreams
Club Captain

Post by s'dreams » Wed May 15, 2019 9:05 pm

Windy Hille wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 7:37 pm

If you are bringing Langdon in, give him a solid 3 games. His confidence seems shot in the seniors partly due to yo-yo selection.

nudder12
Regular Senior Player

Post by nudder12 » Wed May 15, 2019 10:32 pm

s'dreams wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 9:05 pm
Windy Hille wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 7:37 pm

If you are bringing Langdon in, give him a solid 3 games. His confidence seems shot in the seniors partly due to yo-yo selection.
I think the "trouble" with Langford is that even if manages 20 possessions playing midfield, he just doesn't seem to cause the opposition any pain.
Ridley looks like he'll have trouble forcing his way back also at the moment. Really he's fighting Redman for a place, and Redman has been showing more grunt and more run than Ridley who in my view had been playing a fairly effective role but not doing a lot more than just defending.
If a defensive spot was to open up, I think (on form) McNiece could get a run and we could take the opportunity to move McKenna further up the ground. I think that would help our structure a bit because it would reduce the opposition effort of blocking us up in our back half as they do to deny McKenna and Saad space to run.

bpdons
High Draft Pick

Post by bpdons » Wed May 15, 2019 10:54 pm

My 2 cents: I liked Colyer and wish him all the best. He wasn’t perfect but he had a crack and made some clutch plays to be counted on during some lean times. I hope he has a super game this week

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Thu May 16, 2019 7:04 pm

Official;

OUT: Z. Clarke (dropped), Myers (dropped), Ham (dropped), Smith (injured), Fantasia (injured)

IN: Langford, McNiece, Daniher, Baguley, Begley

Colyer dropped for Freo lol
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

nudder12
Regular Senior Player

Post by nudder12 » Thu May 16, 2019 7:05 pm

TEAM ANNOUNCED:

OUT: Fanta-sia, Smith, Z. Clarke, Myers, Ham

IN: Langford, Baguley, Daniher, McNiece, Begley

Emergencies: D.Clarke, Z.Clarke, Ridley, Laverde

s'dreams
Club Captain

Post by s'dreams » Thu May 16, 2019 7:08 pm

Changes:
In: Mark Baguley, Josh Begley, Joe Daniher, Kyle Langford, Ben McNiece

Out: Brayden Ham (Omitted), Zac Clarke (Omitted), David Myers (Omitted), Devon Smith (Injured), Orazio Fantasia (Injured)

The outs are about right (though Woosha must know the Guelfi family personally), Baguley IMO is lucky and I would have preferred Clarke (D) to McNiece (What does Dylan have to do to get a game???).

Given our delivery into the forward 50 is to bomb it high and long... Tippa at CHF is this week's joke selection.