I HATE AFL FOOTBALL....

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Re: I HATE AFL FOOTBALL....

Post by grassy1 » Tue May 14, 2019 5:29 am

Are they in any way accountable to State and Federal Governments and Ministers,if such parties draw a Line and hold them to account?

I suppose not and the the New South Wales Electorate Blew an opportunity to hold similar sporting bodies to account at the Ballot Box.It seems Sporting Facilities can be shelled out on by the Humble Taxpayer,instead of powerful Sporting Corporations!

If the big boys have the right people in power,they can do anything they want.

With the Stadium Costs at Perth Stadium Blowing out and I’m surprised Mr Stokes let that one out of the bag,but thank-you anyway Joe Spagnolo,I’d be curious to know NOW if the State Government Stadium deal with the AFL will be further scrutinised?Or just be used as leverage against the ALP before the Federal Election and then shelved again?! :-" :roll:

mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso » Tue May 14, 2019 11:10 am

The AFL's funding as being guardians of the game, (choke, choke) comes both State and Federal Governments and some private funding from the very well healed "boys club." Former AFL Chairman and Carlton Captain, Mike Fitzpatrick has shares and part owns some of the stadiums around Australia.

Who is the Minister for Sport in Victoria? Perhaps they need to be told about the last adventure by the AFL, mentoring and providing job experience for a sexual predator. Pretty risky business I would have thought but I'm certain ladies and gentleman they have this all tied up legally in a pretty pink bow. The AFL and their legal team will ensure the AFL cannot be held legally responsible, if the guy goes on a bender and touches up a couple of kids in his care. Maybe George Pell gave them some tips.

What about being morally and ethically responsible? I wondering if they realise that they are playing with fire?
Last edited by mdso on Fri May 17, 2019 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.

Windy Hille
High Draft Pick

Post by Windy Hille » Wed May 15, 2019 7:28 pm

grassy1 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 5:29 am
Are they in any way accountable to State and Federal Governments and Ministers,if such parties draw a Line and hold them to account?

I suppose not and the the New South Wales Electorate Blew an opportunity to hold similar sporting bodies to account at the Ballot Box.It seems Sporting Facilities can be shelled out on by the Humble Taxpayer,instead of powerful Sporting Corporations!

If the big boys have the right people in power,they can do anything they want.

With the Stadium Costs at Perth Stadium Blowing out and I’m surprised Mr Stokes let that one out of the bag,but thank-you anyway Joe Spagnolo,I’d be curious to know NOW if the State Government Stadium deal with the AFL will be further scrutinised?Or just be used as leverage against the ALP before the Federal Election and then shelved again?! :-" :roll:
Does it come to this? Surely there is another avenues to constination. Back it in grassy!

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Thu May 16, 2019 3:22 am

Constination or constipation,Windy? :lol:

Windy Hille
High Draft Pick

Post by Windy Hille » Thu May 16, 2019 11:13 pm

grassy1 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 3:22 am
Constination or constipation,Windy? :lol: