Goal Kicking

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
stryper
High Draft Pick

Goal Kicking

Post by stryper » Sat May 18, 2019 9:27 pm

Kicking Goals Wins Games.
Kicking Points does Jack shit.
This week every Bloody day Goal kicking Practice until they are exhausted.
Just Totally over this shit...
Win or Lose tonight.
Enough is Enough.

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Re: Goal Kicking

Post by grassy1 » Sun May 19, 2019 12:12 am

8 Goals 12 was a common theme for me today.

One for a 7 point Win,the other for a 31 point Loss.1st one for my lot in WA. #-o

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Sun May 19, 2019 12:27 am

I simply don’t understand how SHIT set shots at goal at Docklands is. It’s under a f****** roof. No wind to contend with. No rain. Just kick the f****** thing straight. Useless.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman » Sun May 19, 2019 2:13 pm

I can only put it down to either shit technique or laziness.

They are pro sportsmen and should do better. I was never a good kick, but I reckon I can kick better on my non-preferred with a bing knee...

And indoor or outdoor should make f*** all difference given the stadiums they play in nowadays...

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Sun May 19, 2019 2:56 pm

In the Bugger All I did,in my average career,my eyes lit up when I took a mark near Goal.

I simply turned back,lined up and kicked the old fashioned drop punt through the high,diddle,diddle.I am staggered beyond belief,that players of today’s age feel the need to run around like headless chooks, banana a simple shot and of course,MISS!

BADLY and OFTEN!

Jesus,do Coaches Bench players these days for such Studity?Or at least send the runner out with a stinging message? #-o :roll: :evil:

Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps » Sun May 19, 2019 2:58 pm

It’s shit technique, and being dumb, Crazy.

Most of them have major flaws in their ball drop, and others are too dumb to set a licking point in their mind that will stop them from getting too close to the man on the mark.

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Sun May 19, 2019 5:42 pm

Dylan Shiel is a beast when shooting for goals.

Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman » Sun May 19, 2019 5:42 pm

Gimps wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 2:58 pm
It’s shit technique, and being dumb, Crazy.

Most of them have major flaws in their ball drop, and others are too dumb to set a licking point in their mind that will stop them from getting too close to the man on the mark.
I know Gimps. IMO the laziness comes through because it seems they can’t be f***** to work on the techniques in the first place...

Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 » Sun May 19, 2019 6:22 pm

Windy_Hill wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 5:42 pm
Dylan Shiel is a beast when shooting for goals.
Must've taken your criticism to heart Windy. Let's hope this is the start of a new era! Was wonderful to watch but from memory, he didn't have to unload on the run where his supposed follow through weakness is. Right?

Windy Hille
High Draft Pick

Post by Windy Hille » Sun May 19, 2019 10:30 pm

I think there must be something about the density of the air with the roof closed. It must have an affect on the ball as it travels through the air. Some of the kicks appear to just die on trajectory. Whether that is heavier air as it has nowhere to go, I don't know. But there must be some sort of problem with the roof being closed and the air being trapped and rebounding back down to the ground . How can Daniher kick goals from 60 metres out at the MCG, but seem to lose all sort of shape inside 50 at Marvel???????????

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Mon May 20, 2019 3:51 am

Wow,how many times was the roof closed in 2000?

Then again,how many players in 2000 were pure Class?An awfull ot more there,than what we have now.

There was a Seagull trapped under the Dome earlier.Poor thing!

There were several more seagulls on the field,purporting to represent 2 Football Teams,poor things! :roll:

s'dreams
Club Captain

Post by s'dreams » Mon May 20, 2019 11:53 am

Windy Hille wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 10:30 pm
I think there must be something about the density of the air with the roof closed. It must have an affect on the ball as it travels through the air. Some of the kicks appear to just die on trajectory. Whether that is heavier air as it has nowhere to go, I don't know. But there must be some sort of problem with the roof being closed and the air being trapped and rebounding back down to the ground . How can Daniher kick goals from 60 metres out at the MCG, but seem to lose all sort of shape inside 50 at Marvel???????????
I think it has more to do with the density of the air between their ears...

AFL footballers spend so much time practicing various banana kicks that bend left, bend right, from the boundary 10, 20 and 30 m out etc etc that they more often than not dob these "impossible" shots.

But 40-50 m out from dead in front or 15 degrees either side - shit-house. Some of them even put a deliberate side spin (in golf they call it a "draw") and deliberately aim away from the middle of the goalmouth... and surprise surprise it veers away (or worse goes dead straight to where they were aiming).

Yet from 60 m - dead straight kick that often bounces through.

Some (not all) players should just be advised to kick a straight drop punt and stop f****** around.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 » Mon May 20, 2019 1:01 pm

Windy Hille wrote:
Did you notice that our foot skills are only poor at Marvel? Me either.

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Mon May 20, 2019 1:12 pm

s'dreams wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 11:53 am
Windy Hille wrote:
I think it has more to do with the density of the air between their ears...

AFL footballers spend so much time practicing various banana kicks that bend left, bend right, from the boundary 10, 20 and 30 m out etc etc that they more often than not dob these "impossible" shots.

But 40-50 m out from dead in front or 15 degrees either side - shit-house. Some of them even put a deliberate side spin (in golf they call it a "draw") and deliberately aim away from the middle of the goalmouth... and surprise surprise it veers away (or worse goes dead straight to where they were aiming).

Yet from 60 m - dead straight kick that often bounces through.

Some (not all) players should just be advised to kick a straight drop punt and stop f****** around.
Haha, bang on!

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Mon May 20, 2019 1:12 pm

robbie67 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 1:01 pm
Windy Hille wrote:
:lol:

Daisy..1
High Draft Pick

Post by Daisy..1 » Mon May 20, 2019 1:57 pm

The Training session at Marvel Friday was a big fat waste of time......

robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 » Mon May 20, 2019 2:17 pm

Daisy..1 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 1:57 pm
The Training session at Marvel Friday was a big fat waste of time......
The air was too thick 🙄

Windy Hille
High Draft Pick

Post by Windy Hille » Mon May 20, 2019 2:30 pm

robbie67 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 1:01 pm
Windy Hille wrote:
For shooting at goal? I’d say it’s poorer at Marvel. Just pointing out the difference in Daniher’s success at the G as compared under the roof. Seems like an issue with trajectory and ball revolution through the air.

Not sure who said it, may have been Richo or BT who said the air seems heavier at Etihad. Could have some validity. Maybe we need to see our stats on goals v behinds at both venues to see a trend.

Even the cricket seems different when played there. The ball seems to die rather than be assisted with wind / less air pressure.

robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 » Mon May 20, 2019 4:08 pm

Daniher had the one good kicking game at the MCG on his return off a long injury, mostly goals where he didn’t overthink it. Like anybody who has spent more than few years on our list he is a f****** mental cripple. Doesn’t matter how talented they are they become f****** head cases, and don’t get any good again until they go somewhere else. For now Tippa and Raz are on, but it’s like Essendon AIDS, it will get you eventually. Parish may already be full blown, and slowly McGrath is exposing his HIV. Our senior players should either f*** off or retire, they won’t get any better. And I mean all of them. Hurley, Hep, the lot. Absolute f****** cripples without a single backbone between them.

Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps » Mon May 20, 2019 4:27 pm

Windy Hille wrote:
Geelong kicked 16 goals there, last week. They must have had the engineers and scientists on the job before the game :lol: