Where to from here?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
User avatar
s'dreams
Club Captain
Posts: 3917
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:48 pm

Where to from here?

Post by s'dreams » Sat May 25, 2019 9:34 pm

f*** off Worsfold ... I don't care whether the board has to undertake an independent review of the footy dept to do it. Clear the wankers, losers and flim-flam men out. They are oxygen thieves.

How can one team have players who know where the ball is going and their players are going to be and ours don't have a clue? Don't work together. Don't move the ball quick? Clear out the (laughingly called) coaching staff. Idiots. Clueless morons.

TBell is shite - against two rookie rucks he kept winning the taps but hitting it to the opposition (we only got 4 contested clearances to 3/4 time). Shit, even old-man Goldstein managed a monster game today. Reilly O'Brien from Adelaide is out of contract and shouldn't take too much to entice back home.

Tippa, McKenna, Guelfi, and McNiece couldn't be bothered to run. Make an example of them. You don't make an effort - you don't play for us.

Oh - and I'm sick and tired of us playing shit for three quarters ... pulling the finger out for 10-15 minutes and getting close. Play for 4 quarters.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 25313
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Where to from here?

Post by BenDoolan » Sat May 25, 2019 10:02 pm

Yep, all the above.

Clear the decks.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

User avatar
billyduckworth
Club Captain
Posts: 2927
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:16 am
Location: Fawkner

Re: Where to from here?

Post by billyduckworth » Sat May 25, 2019 10:06 pm

Even when we made a belated better effort, we still tended to just kick and hope. There just doesn't seem to be any system at all.

User avatar
stryper
High Draft Pick
Posts: 778
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:56 am
Location: Narre Warren South

Re: Where to from here?

Post by stryper » Sat May 25, 2019 10:11 pm

Stop Bombing the f****** ball into the forward 50.
How Difficult is it to have someone lead and drill it to them?
Pathetic

User avatar
MH_Bomber
Club Captain
Posts: 3314
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:16 pm
Location: Hughesdale

Re: Where to from here?

Post by MH_Bomber » Sun May 26, 2019 12:01 am

I actually would rather them bomb in with fast abandonment to give us a chance before our opponents get a chance to set up. The forwards must play in front. No more of this trying to sneak out the back.

We play our worst footy when we try to think about things. Just play fast instinctive footy and play on at all costs.

The problems look to me that the players actually dont want to play the way Rutten wants us to play but that is all they are being told to do. This disconnect between players and coaches is causing massive problems.
Regards

MH_Bomber

User avatar
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 11909
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:23 pm

Re: Where to from here?

Post by Windy_Hill » Sun May 26, 2019 12:08 am

sack the coaching and fitness staff post haste

problem solved


Hire Cara, Mitchell and Hodge

User avatar
s'dreams
Club Captain
Posts: 3917
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:48 pm

Re: Where to from here?

Post by s'dreams » Sun May 26, 2019 12:45 am

Windy_Hill wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 12:08 am
sack the coaching and fitness staff post haste

problem solved


Hire Cara, Mitchell and Hodge
One of these is a bridge too far...
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

User avatar
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 11909
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:23 pm

Re: Where to from here?

Post by Windy_Hill » Sun May 26, 2019 2:51 am

s'dreams wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 12:45 am
Windy_Hill wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 12:08 am
sack the coaching and fitness staff post haste

problem solved


Hire Cara, Mitchell and Hodge
One of these is a bridge too far...
I assume you mean Mitchell....i think he is exactly the dirty dog we need

nudder12
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 1842
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:47 pm

Re: Where to from here?

Post by nudder12 » Sun May 26, 2019 3:57 am

MH_Bomber wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 12:01 am
I actually would rather them bomb in with fast abandonment to give us a chance before our opponents get a chance to set up. The forwards must play in front. No more of this trying to sneak out the back.

We play our worst footy when we try to think about things. Just play fast instinctive footy and play on at all costs.

The problems look to me that the players actually dont want to play the way Rutten wants us to play but that is all they are being told to do. This disconnect between players and coaches is causing massive problems.
Agree with pretty much all of that MH.
Especially tonight - conditions called for taking distance and making the best of it.
I think the attitude that Rutten will be our saviour has been misplaced. If you need more evidence, look at Richmond, where he came from. Did they care more about defence, or more about taking distance and making something happen from that? Richmond's major game plan is get the ball forward in any way possible and make something happen from it.

nudder12
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 1842
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:47 pm

Re: Where to from here?

Post by nudder12 » Sun May 26, 2019 3:58 am

stryper wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 10:11 pm
Stop Bombing the f****** ball into the forward 50.
How Difficult is it to have someone lead and drill it to them?
Pathetic
Richmond do OK without doing that.

nudder12
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 1842
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:47 pm

Re: Where to from here?

Post by nudder12 » Sun May 26, 2019 4:01 am

Windy_Hill wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 12:08 am
sack the coaching and fitness staff post haste

problem solved


Hire Cara, Mitchell and Hodge
If we MUST sack the coaching staff, I'd prefer we get a head coach that nominates their own assistants. Our assistants are pure rubbish. Maybe all we need is Woosha to choose his own assistants?
Besides that, who are you proposing as the fitness staff?

User avatar
Windy Hille
High Draft Pick
Posts: 884
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Re: Where to from here?

Post by Windy Hille » Sun May 26, 2019 8:59 am

Just need a little more patience. Stick with the players and the program. The fitness department need to be sacked. Can’t have this level of break down. Absolutely decimated.

Smith
Daniher
Gleeson
Shiel
Fantasia
Laverde
Begley
Stewart
Mutch
Stringer
Hooker
Redman
Brown
Ambrose
McKernan

All have had extended periods on the sidelines over the past couple of seasons. Disgrace.

DC2
High Draft Pick
Posts: 889
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:01 pm

Re: Where to from here?

Post by DC2 » Sun May 26, 2019 10:55 am

Windy Hille wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 8:59 am
Just need a little more patience. Stick with the players and the program. The fitness department need to be sacked. Can’t have this level of break down. Absolutely decimated.

Smith
Daniher
Gleeson
Shiel
Fantasia
Laverde
Begley
Stewart
Mutch
Stringer
Hooker
Redman
Brown
Ambrose
McKernan

All have had extended periods on the sidelines over the past couple of seasons. Disgrace.
LOL. Are you really going to name every injured player on the list and say its the fitness staffs fault??

Is it the fitness staffs fault gleeson broke his foot terribly, then upon return got his check bone fratured?

Is it the fitness staffs fault Begley did his ACL? Players across the league go down to this crippling injury every year. Its not isolated to Essendon.

Is it the fitness staffs fault Brown broke his wrist in a marking contest?

I could keep going, but you cant expect a clean bill of health. Luck has a lot to do with it.

User avatar
Windy Hille
High Draft Pick
Posts: 884
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Re: Where to from here?

Post by Windy Hille » Sun May 26, 2019 11:28 am

DC2 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 10:55 am
Windy Hille wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 8:59 am
Just need a little more patience. Stick with the players and the program. The fitness department need to be sacked. Can’t have this level of break down. Absolutely decimated.

Smith
Daniher
Gleeson
Shiel
Fantasia
Laverde
Begley
Stewart
Mutch
Stringer
Hooker
Redman
Brown
Ambrose
McKernan

All have had extended periods on the sidelines over the past couple of seasons. Disgrace.
LOL. Are you really going to name every injured player on the list and say its the fitness staffs fault??

Is it the fitness staffs fault gleeson broke his foot terribly, then upon return got his check bone fratured?

Is it the fitness staffs fault Begley did his ACL? Players across the league go down to this crippling injury every year. Its not isolated to Essendon.

Is it the fitness staffs fault Brown broke his wrist in a marking contest?

I could keep going, but you cant expect a clean bill of health. Luck has a lot to do with it.
I think you need to open the other eye.

Strength and conditioning / fitness coaches have a lot to do with the fortunes or misfortunes of a club. Even with knee injuries. That’s what the strength and conditioning programmes are all about. You say “bad luck”, I say “bad management”.

Take Daniher as an example. Last year he played about 6 games WITH his OP. Why???? They have probably caused more damage to it by doing so. And here we are with it completely knackered. Bad luck? Bullshit!

How many hammies do you want to put down to bad luck? Fantasia keeps on popping them. What are the fitness gurus doing???? McKernan, Shiel, Stringer, Mutch, Fantasia all hammies. Bad luck???

Time to stop excusing this sort of ineptness. Time to stop fobbing this stuff off as “bad luck”.

Bad management pure and simple.

Blind Freddy can SEEEEEEEE.

User avatar
MH_Bomber
Club Captain
Posts: 3314
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:16 pm
Location: Hughesdale

Re: Where to from here?

Post by MH_Bomber » Sun May 26, 2019 11:42 am

There should be a royal commission into the mismanagement of Joe Daniher in 2018 and 2019.

He was playing injured at the start of last year and you could see he wasnt playing well at all. We are potentially looking at, what could have been, a stellar career being cut short. Why? Does this gave something to do with marketing and getting bumps on seats?

It's an absolute disgrace!!!!
Regards

MH_Bomber

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 25313
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Where to from here?

Post by BenDoolan » Sun May 26, 2019 3:37 pm

Windy Hille wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 11:28 am
DC2 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 10:55 am
Windy Hille wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 8:59 am
Just need a little more patience. Stick with the players and the program. The fitness department need to be sacked. Can’t have this level of break down. Absolutely decimated.

Smith
Daniher
Gleeson
Shiel
Fantasia
Laverde
Begley
Stewart
Mutch
Stringer
Hooker
Redman
Brown
Ambrose
McKernan

All have had extended periods on the sidelines over the past couple of seasons. Disgrace.
LOL. Are you really going to name every injured player on the list and say its the fitness staffs fault??

Is it the fitness staffs fault gleeson broke his foot terribly, then upon return got his check bone fratured?

Is it the fitness staffs fault Begley did his ACL? Players across the league go down to this crippling injury every year. Its not isolated to Essendon.

Is it the fitness staffs fault Brown broke his wrist in a marking contest?

I could keep going, but you cant expect a clean bill of health. Luck has a lot to do with it.
I think you need to open the other eye.

Strength and conditioning / fitness coaches have a lot to do with the fortunes or misfortunes of a club. Even with knee injuries. That’s what the strength and conditioning programmes are all about. You say “bad luck”, I say “bad management”.

Take Daniher as an example. Last year he played about 6 games WITH his OP. Why???? They have probably caused more damage to it by doing so. And here we are with it completely knackered. Bad luck? Bullshit!

How many hammies do you want to put down to bad luck? Fantasia keeps on popping them. What are the fitness gurus doing???? McKernan, Shiel, Stringer, Mutch, Fantasia all hammies. Bad luck???

Time to stop excusing this sort of ineptness. Time to stop fobbing this stuff off as “bad luck”.

Bad management pure and simple.

Blind Freddy can SEEEEEEEE.
Spot on.

They are a diabolical lot. This shit has got to stop. Sack the lot of them and get a team that knows what they’re doing ffs.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

User avatar
s'dreams
Club Captain
Posts: 3917
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:48 pm

Re: Where to from here?

Post by s'dreams » Sun May 26, 2019 4:06 pm

nudder12 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 3:57 am
MH_Bomber wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 12:01 am
I actually would rather them bomb in with fast abandonment to give us a chance before our opponents get a chance to set up. The forwards must play in front. No more of this trying to sneak out the back.

We play our worst footy when we try to think about things. Just play fast instinctive footy and play on at all costs.

The problems look to me that the players actually dont want to play the way Rutten wants us to play but that is all they are being told to do. This disconnect between players and coaches is causing massive problems.
Agree with pretty much all of that MH.
Especially tonight - conditions called for taking distance and making the best of it.
I think the attitude that Rutten will be our saviour has been misplaced. If you need more evidence, look at Richmond, where he came from. Did they care more about defence, or more about taking distance and making something happen from that? Richmond's major game plan is get the ball forward in any way possible and make something happen from it.
Bombing does not mean kicking it higher than it is long so that even the slowest ruck can make it into the 50 from the center. Our team seems to favor the 9 iron entering the 50.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

desmondo
High Draft Pick
Posts: 973
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:37 pm

Re: Where to from here?

Post by desmondo » Mon May 27, 2019 12:34 pm

Hopefully, the only way from here is up, surely we cannot get 'worse' than we currently are on the field?.

What really shits me is that I`m not totally surprised at our current situation, and on-field performances. (Or lack thereof). A lot of people went to a lot of trouble and a lot of work to make sure we, as a powerhouse club would eventually fail, and STOP being such a successful club. (Fatpatrick being the main/prime instigator, the fat c***) Well, guess what?, it has worked as it was designed to do. We are now officially a 'shit' team/club. I hope those people are fkng happy. (Not really) :evil:

Of cause I am talking about the saga and the lingering effects of it. (I can almost hear the groans from here, oh no not fkng the saga talk again, BUT, IT IS the saga in my opinion that has MAINLY caused us to be in our current dire straights) With ALL the draft sanctions AND mass sackings of mainly good people that took place, we were ALWAYS going to go downhill, and fast, (a lesser club may well have gone under completely) also no-one really knows of the mental state of those surviving members of the whole thing, must have been hard to just go out and play good footy after ALL that.

Mods, if this belongs in the f*** off c**** topic please feel free to move it.

mdso
Club Captain
Posts: 3082
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:55 am
Location: Merimbula, Far South Coast of N.SW.

Re: Where to from here?

Post by mdso » Mon May 27, 2019 5:53 pm

At least we have each other to speak to. However let's get one thing clear no matter what we feel, think or say, the Board have blinkers. They are not planning on doing anything and if they think anything like the last Board did, they certainly do not want to be playing coaches out or players out.
At least Brad Scott had the club's best interests at heart and resigned, there was no payout. I do not believe Woosha will do this. And; I do not believe the Board will make a move to do it either. I cannot see the club doing anything but sitting pat, regardless.

A lot of people have talked about not renewing their membership at the end of this year and I am one of them. Are we just credit cards
to the club? Perhaps many of us are too heavily invested in the club in one way or another. Are the club too heavily invested in too many
projects, some people think so.

Many of the supporters saw our demise coming and yet the club did not. Nor did the coaching team. The club expected us top 4 or 6 this year and will in all likelyhood, blame it on injuries. There are other clubs with more injured players than we have and all clubs have injuries, we cannot use that as an excuse. Except many of our playmakers are now out of the team injured and this will make a difference to how much we lose by. I suspect it will! Snakes and ladders. I've got this horrible feeling, I think its 'gonna be a long, long, season.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.

User avatar
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 11909
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:23 pm

Re: Where to from here?

Post by Windy_Hill » Mon May 27, 2019 7:07 pm

I think the saga is partially to blame...it certainly took its toll on everyone. But in reality there are only a handfull of players and individuals remaining from that dark time. I think its biggest impact was the Draft penalties which we certainly must be feeling the effect of to this day.

But in all honesty the problems extend further back
  • The lack of list management planning in 2000/01
    Sheedy's flawed recruiting plan - bring in washed up ex Carlton players
    Sheedy's pitiful sacking and the lack of a sensible alternative
    The appointment of Knights and the disastrous handling of veterans Lloyd and Lucas - bad taste central
    No leadership planning for the future
    Poor assistant coaching decisions
    The whole Bendigo Bombers disaster
    Making money coming first - winning premierships second
    The ridiculous extension of Knights contract then his subsequent sacking and falling out
    Still no clear team or list strategy - over valuing our own players and holding on to deadwood list cloggers too long
    The shady appointment of Hird and Thompson and the underlying questions about Bomber's final months at Geelong
    Still no list strategy - the club allows promising youngster Houli to walk
    Drafting improves but the club still does not look to bringing in sensible trades from other teams as Powerhouse teams Sydney and Hawthorn had done so successfully
    The club hires Dank and Weapon without sufficient due diligence
    After a rollicking start to 2012 the team falls apart after a spate of soft tissue injuries roll through the squad - was this the first sign of the Supplement fallout?
    The Supplement Scandal hits followed by four years of pure devastation to the club

Post Reply