R11 Essendon v Carlton

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

R11 Essendon v Carlton

Post by BenDoolan » Sat May 25, 2019 10:31 pm

OUT: T. Bellchambers, D. Shiel, A. Francis, J. Stringer, B. McNiece

IN: J. Ridley, B. Zerk-Thatcher, D. Clarke, I. Mosquito, B. Ham
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

s'dreams
Club Captain

Re: R11 Essendon v Carlton

Post by s'dreams » Sun May 26, 2019 12:48 am

BenDoolan wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 10:31 pm
OUT: T. Bellchambers, D. Shiel, A. Francis, J. Stringer, B. McNiece

IN: J. Ridley, B. Zerk-Thatcher, D. Clarke, I. Mosquito, B. Ham
Agree except for Francis. Hooker should have gone forward and Francis back (OMG I hate myself but there you are).

On tonight's efforts - I'd drop Tippa before Francis.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

nudder12
Regular Senior Player

Post by nudder12 » Sun May 26, 2019 3:24 am

BD, you must hate TBC with a passion. You've suggested he be dropped on a weekly basis, even without nominating a replacement Ruck.
I don't think he's been poor at all.
Where are BZT and Ridley going to play? With Hooker, Hurley, Ambrose & Redman keeping their spots I don't see a place for them.

For me....
OUT: Stringer (inj) , Shiel (inj), Francis (omit), Laverde (omit)
IN: Brown, D.Clarke, Mynott, Baguley

Agree with s'dreams - Walla very lucky to keep his spot. 6 posessions on a wet night made for crumbers!!! But we have no other small forwards to take his place. Hopefully we pickup someone in the mid-season draft.

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Sun May 26, 2019 4:26 am

nudder12 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 3:24 am
BD, you must hate TBC with a passion. You've suggested he be dropped on a weekly basis, even without nominating a replacement Ruck.
Where are BZT and Ridley going to play? With Hooker, Hurley, Ambrose & Redman keeping their spots I don't see a place for them.

For me....

Agree with s'dreams - Walla very lucky to keep his spot. 6 posessions on a wet night made for crumbers!!! But we have no other small forwards to take his place. Hopefully we pickup someone in the mid-season draft.
You cant drop Laverde on the basis of one game after a prolonged absence. I think we just have to accept that Walla will run hot and cold. He is not helped by utterly shocking use of the ball into the forward 50.

Ridley should come in for McNiece
Clarke for Shiel

Wildcard - Mosquito for Stringer

Its going to be a loss either way - after all, its Carlton

s'dreams
Club Captain

Post by s'dreams » Sun May 26, 2019 6:22 am

nudder12 wrote:

For me....

Tbell has been poor with his ruckwork. He taps the ball seemingly without purpose. Wonderful almost uncontested taps tonight traveled 10m to 2 tiger players standing back without one of our players within 5m. Too many taps went to the opposition. Playing against 2 rookie rucks, this is just poor and negated advantage we should have had at bounces and throw-ins.

Brown is apparently injured. Did his wrist again (of course he wasn't rushed back) in the last couple of minutes of the VFL.

What bothers me more about Tippa is that when he is "cold" he doesn't seem to put in the effort after about halfway through the 2nd quarter.

Mynott had a quiet game in the VFL after returning from injury,

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Sun May 26, 2019 8:20 am

nudder12 wrote:

For me....

I not only want him out of the team, I want him out of the club! Absolute dildo. Most probably in the bottom 4 ruckmen in the comp. Just piss him off. He played against a debutant last night. You’d think he’d dominate...

McKernan’s there, he can ruck. Not that I think McKernan is a good ruckman. He’s better when he’s up forward and can take a good grab - like a few grabs last night.

Windy Hille
High Draft Pick

Post by Windy Hille » Sun May 26, 2019 9:09 am

D. Clarke is a must IN

Give Mozzie a go. Need another wizz around goals with Fantasia out and Walla struggling at times.

For me;

D. Clarke for Shiel
Mozzie for Stringer
B. Zerk for McNiece

MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber » Sun May 26, 2019 9:49 am

Like Sportsbet paying out on a Labor before the election, I am calling it, it is a lay down misere that we will lose Carlton.

Do you think Carlton will let get away with a bumbling exhibition like last night and not take complete joy in beating us?
Regards

MH_Bomber

hop
Club Captain

Post by hop » Sun May 26, 2019 12:18 pm

MH_Bomber wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 9:49 am
Like Sportsbet paying out on a Labor before the election, I am calling it, it is a lay down misere that we will lose Carlton.

Do you think Carlton will let get away with a bumbling exhibition like last night and not take complete joy in beating us?
We should all load up on Carlton - they'll be against the odds with the bookies - but we all know the result.

You watch the Carlton 'old boys' gather this week and get into their shit squad how important it is to beat Essendon.

Meanwhile, at the High-Performance Centre, John and his merry men will be talking 'learnings' and 'patience' and 'conservative approaches'
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.

s'dreams
Club Captain

Post by s'dreams » Sun May 26, 2019 1:57 pm

Carlton to sack their coach to make a play for Rutten before Norf gets him

We know how that will play out

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Sun May 26, 2019 2:35 pm

s'dreams wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 1:57 pm

Yep, we’ll end up with Bolton.

s'dreams
Club Captain

Post by s'dreams » Sun May 26, 2019 4:04 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 2:35 pm
s'dreams wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 1:57 pm

Yep, we’ll end up with Bolton.
And a loss... and another soft tissue injury

rockhole
Club Captain

Post by rockhole » Sun May 26, 2019 10:19 pm

Saw Carlton play the Saints for about two quarters. They really were dreadful. Lacked any cohesion on the forward line, unforgivable turnovers, poor decision making, and panic stations on almost every play. Sound familiar???

And once again we find ourselves in the situation that a game we should win by at least 10 goals will go down to the wire and we will blow it. How could we think anything will be different from previous years.

Never thought I would feel so despondent about a season. Almost to the stage where I don’t give shit!!
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark

Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Post by Western Red » Mon May 27, 2019 9:42 am

BenDoolan wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 8:20 am
nudder12 wrote:

For me....

I not only want him out of the team, I want him out of the club! Absolute dildo. Most probably in the bottom 4 ruckmen in the comp. Just piss him off. He played against a debutant last night. You’d think he’d dominate...

McKernan’s there, he can ruck. Not that I think McKernan is a good ruckman. He’s better when he’s up forward and can take a good grab - like a few grabs last night.
Tbell is a spud and soft to boot... f*** him off... Play McKernan in the ruck until he breaks down and then after that dont bother with a ruck at all - play an extra on baller - we cant do any worse..

bpdons
High Draft Pick

Post by bpdons » Mon May 27, 2019 9:54 am

I enjoyed Tbell’s effort against the tigers. It was a much improved game from him. His goal came at a time when we were missing them from everywhere. Understand he’s not elite but he’s our best uninjured option right now. We have to back him in

hop
Club Captain

Post by hop » Mon May 27, 2019 11:14 am

bpdons wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 9:54 am
I enjoyed Tbell’s effort against the tigers. It was a much improved game from him. His goal came at a time when we were missing them from everywhere. Understand he’s not elite but he’s our best uninjured option right now. We have to back him in
He is only "our best uninjured option right now" because we have been lamentable in our drafting and development of ruckmen for years.

Was talking to a Richmond bloke on Saturday night and he made the observation that Essendon were always a great team when we had great ruckman. He went on to say that Bellchambers was as soft as butter and only does enough - on occasion - to keep himself on the list.

If the opposition know this and our heirachy is incapable of seeing it - what hope is there?

hop
Club Captain

Post by hop » Mon May 27, 2019 11:18 am

It's Mosquito time!

Would love to see the bold move of giving this kid a go - we have nothing to lose.

F**k the defensive mind-set - all out running and attack this week.

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Mon May 27, 2019 11:46 am

hop wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 11:18 am
It's Mosquito time!

Would love to see the bold move of giving this kid a go - we have nothing to lose.

F**k the defensive mind-set - all out running and attack this week.
Yep.

Got me beat why any club would think about playing a first year player :roll:

desmondo
High Draft Pick

Post by desmondo » Mon May 27, 2019 12:45 pm

Those c**** must be laughing knowing they play us this week, even when we are playing good footy they 'normally' beat us :evil:

So now we are playing shit footy, what?, we get flogged??.

I`ll tell you who else is laughing, f***'n GWS, getting our first (looks like a top 5, maybe even a top 3 pick at the mo) pick in the next national draft.

mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso » Mon May 27, 2019 5:41 pm

I doubt the club will play mozzie, he might get broken in half. He's not ready they say.

I think Tbell is playing injured, not sure ankle or calf but anyway. He is not the only player playing poorly, we've got a couple of spuds currently.

Our injury list is growing by the week, any chance we might run out of players. What then? Forfeit?

I am NOT a gambling person but I wouldn't be putting my house on Carlton or Essendon. An improvement for us would be a draw.

Once you actually let go of us not getting or going anywhere, the pain is less.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.