Open letter to players

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Open letter to players

Post by Crazyman » Sun May 26, 2019 12:52 am

Dear (ahem) team,

As a fan of this great club, I am fed up with the apathy that seems to be perpetual amongst most of this group.

I would like to see ALL players spending extra time in the week working on weaknesses. In particular, the ability to hit up to specific targets, the ability to kick a f****** goal in and enclosed protected arena and the ability to give a f*** and show some passion.

If ‘working’ at this club is a chore to you, f*** off. The lowest paid rookie earns more than an average person and it is a privilege that you get to do this not an inherent right.

You are meant to be professional sportsmen, but you play worse than amateurs. I would rather see players that filled in when the 34 were banned who appreciated the opportunity given them and busted their arses to do their best even if they may not have been to AFL standard. I would rather see a BJ smashing pretzels showing disappointment after a loss than your giggly, cuddly, she’ll be right mate bullshit.

Simply put, if I were your employer and watched what I see, most of you would be un-f******-employed.

Ergo, if being a professional sportsman is not something you want or need to be, get the duck out of our great club and make way for someone that deserves your place.

Regards,
Pissed off supporter

Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Re: Open letter to players

Post by Crazyman » Sun May 26, 2019 12:55 am

P.S. Take that coach and fitness staff and board with you and take care that the door don’t smack your arses on the way out.

s'dreams
Club Captain

Post by s'dreams » Sun May 26, 2019 12:57 am

If you use words like "apathy" and "perpetual" ... they'll think that you are talking about what men find in their undies...
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

stryper
High Draft Pick

Post by stryper » Sun May 26, 2019 2:44 am

Pack your Bags Woosha.
Supported you for ages.
Now Enough is Enough.
Mediocrisy and Excuses.
Not an Option.
Go Hard or f*** off and Go Elsewhere.
Us Supporters have been through Years of Shit...
Sick and tired of Empty Promises.
I for 1 Demand Ruthless No Excuses To be Feared once again...
EFC.

nudder12
Regular Senior Player

Post by nudder12 » Sun May 26, 2019 3:43 am

Too right.
F*** off all them except the 10 - 15 that seem to be giving their all.
Coaches included.
That'll show them.
Oh, we'll be an even worse rabble, but oh well, never mind. We'll say the same thing the next year.

Sorry.
Look, I get the frustration.
But everyone who blames the umpires, and the coach, and reckons the players aren't trying, you're deluded.
If you've ever played any sport competitively, you should know that once the game begins you try your hardest. You don't ever stop and think "oh I can't be bothered". You go your hardest, you try your best, and you do it because of your own pride, that you want to do your best and make a difference.
And so it is with our EFC. They do try.
Maybe they get confused. Maybe sometimes their choices are poor. Maybe sometimes they are fronted with situations they weren't prepared for.
But I'm sure they do their best. I've said elsewhere - they are trying, but maybe they're trying the wrong things.
Perhaps that's the coach's fault. Or perhaps it's their own fault for assessing the circumstance wrongly.
But they are trying.

I'm not excusing the poor performances, but I am saying that I'm tired of people here, and elsewhere, saying "sack the lot of them" or words to that effect.
How about some more constructive comments?

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Sun May 26, 2019 4:37 am

I am telling you all one last time - the problem sits squarely with the coaching and the massive chasm that has emerged between the players and Worsfold.

They are bereft of any idea because the coaching game plan merry-go-round has them all stumped. The apathy is inexcusable but frankly, with our coaches, under-f******-standable.

We have a bloody good squad - injuries aside

Merrett - All Australian
Shiel - All Australian
Heppell - All Australian
Stringer - All Australian
Daniher - All Australian
Hurley - All Australian
Hooker - All Australian

McGrath - No 1 Draft pick
Parish - No 5 Draft Pick
Francis - No 6 Draft pick

Smith, Saad, Fantasia, Walla - All on their day, potential All Australians

Redman, Ridley, Begley - All very promising youngsters

Thats 17 of our starting 22

SO WHY DO THEY PLAY LIKE A BLOODY DISJOINTED RABBLE???

Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman » Sun May 26, 2019 7:01 am

Nudder, I am sure they are trying on game day.

The problem I have is they are paid handsomely to be professional and I don’t believe that all players are doing everything they can outside game day.

Some of this does fall on the coaches, but at the end of the day, if a player has a deficiency in their game he is the one who has the ability to make the changes by practising.

I look at Jobe and think, not the best natural footy player, but busted his arse off to change and became a great captain. His kicking early on was bad, but he worked on it and bettered himself. I don’t see that from most of our list.

The attitude after games is not anger at losing, but ‘meh’ there’ll be a tomorrow.

This list is riddled with average and below average player. Our depth is being shown up, and all we here from coaches and board members and player leaders is same drivel every week.

Yes, they try, but not hard enough. Yes they try, but lack fitness or heart or passion and it shows in their performances.

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Sun May 26, 2019 8:22 am

Dear players,if you want a pointer on attitudes in playing FOR people,you could do no worse than have a look at World’s Greatest Managers -

BILL SHANKLY

He made the simple point at a Public Rally in Liverpool about how priveledged the players are playing for the people!

Anything less,they’d be out on their ear!

Well Boys,think it through.You are priveledged to play for US,Aren’t You?!

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Sun May 26, 2019 8:31 am

Crazyman wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 12:52 am
Dear (ahem) team,

As a fan of this great club, I am fed up with the apathy that seems to be perpetual amongst most of this group.

I would like to see ALL players spending extra time in the week working on weaknesses. In particular, the ability to hit up to specific targets, the ability to kick a f****** goal in and enclosed protected arena and the ability to give a f*** and show some passion.

If ‘working’ at this club is a chore to you, f*** off. The lowest paid rookie earns more than an average person and it is a privilege that you get to do this not an inherent right.

You are meant to be professional sportsmen, but you play worse than amateurs. I would rather see players that filled in when the 34 were banned who appreciated the opportunity given them and busted their arses to do their best even if they may not have been to AFL standard. I would rather see a BJ smashing pretzels showing disappointment after a loss than your giggly, cuddly, she’ll be right mate bullshit.

Simply put, if I were your employer and watched what I see, most of you would be un-f******-employed.

Ergo, if being a professional sportsman is not something you want or need to be, get the duck out of our great club and make way for someone that deserves your place.

Regards,
Pissed off supporter
=D>

Check out this bloke after a narrow loss in the VFL. Part of our “leadership” group...

https://twitter.com/essendonvfl/status/ ... 37568?s=21
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Sun May 26, 2019 9:08 am

That is disappointing,but then the question should be asked of him,”Why on earth are you smiling after we lost?”

stryper
High Draft Pick

Post by stryper » Sun May 26, 2019 9:24 am

Hands up who Believes Sheedy would have put up with this?
That is why we were feared.
Ruthless...
Time to get it Back...

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Sun May 26, 2019 1:52 pm

Well put stryper!

Agree totally!

Daisy..1
High Draft Pick

Post by Daisy..1 » Tue May 28, 2019 3:17 pm

grassy1 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 9:08 am
That is disappointing,but then the question should be asked of him,”Why on earth are you smiling after we lost?”
I think if you read further down the posts, they clarify that the Picture was taken at half time not full time...but....it probably was the same at full time given our lot.

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Tue May 28, 2019 3:31 pm

Daisy..1 wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 3:17 pm
grassy1 wrote:
I think if you read further down the posts, they clarify that the Picture was taken at half time not full time...but....it probably was the same at full time given our lot.
Down by 2 goals at half time. Reason to smile 👍🏼

LOL :lol:
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

desmondo
High Draft Pick

Post by desmondo » Tue May 28, 2019 3:41 pm

People need to realise that we are an average bunch of players....

Most (if not all) clubs have varying numbers of 'untrade-able' players on their lists, even the scum with the likes of cripps n walsh.

I look at our list and find it hard to see ANY untrade-ables, maybe McGrath, THEN??

So we are stuck with an average list who don`t seem to have a clue on game-day. You would think that would be the coaching staffs fault. But you can only put the available players we have out there. I think we should get used to losing. :twisted:

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Tue May 28, 2019 6:39 pm

desmondo wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 3:41 pm
People need to realise that we are an average bunch of players....

Most (if not all) clubs have varying numbers of 'untrade-able' players on their lists, even the scum with the likes of cripps n walsh.

I look at our list and find it hard to see ANY untrade-ables, maybe McGrath, THEN??

So we are stuck with an average list who don`t seem to have a clue on game-day. You would think that would be the coaching staffs fault. But you can only put the available players we have out there. I think we should get used to losing. :twisted:
You see I am not sure I can fully agree. We are not the finished product, need a better ruckman and at least one quality inside mid...eg Elliot Yeo type player. A losing team always looks like it’s chocablock with duds. But overall this is our best squad for 15 years and we are simply not improving. We are no better off than 3 years ago. There is no player development and we have a woeful coaching department. And now, you have to seriously question the fitness regime. You can’t tell me this team would not be competing for finals football under a Clarkson or Longmire.

Yes the players are ultimately responsible but if they are not being properly coached and the game plan that they are being forced to follow is flawed then what can you expect.

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Tue May 28, 2019 9:10 pm

Daisy..1 wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 3:17 pm
grassy1 wrote:
Thanks for pointing that out Daisy!

Still,not really something to smile about,unless you were supremely confident of running right over that deficit!

As a supporter,I get shitty at most deficits.Toey at others,plus other moods.Unless your team has done magnificently against a 10 Goal breeze and you’re confident about coming home with a Wet Sail! :D