The fitness staff, the coach, the saga, the vibe, Brexit blah blah blah

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

The fitness staff, the coach, the saga, the vibe, Brexit blah blah blah

Post by robbie67 » Mon May 27, 2019 8:16 pm

All I read in here are more f****** excuses. You f****** know what the problem is? Our players are f****** rubbish. They lack ambition, hardness, skill, and like all of you they f****** blame every other c*** for it and take no f****** responsibility for their performance whatsoever. Also like most of you idiots, they make me f****** sick.

We are a shit football club, and our supporter base lets them f****** get away with it.

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: The fitness staff, the coach, the saga, the vibe, Brexit blah blah blah

Post by BenDoolan » Mon May 27, 2019 8:28 pm

robbie67 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 8:16 pm
All I read in here are more f****** excuses. You f****** know what the problem is? Our players are f****** rubbish. They lack ambition, hardness, skill, and like all of you they f****** blame every other c*** for it and take no f****** responsibility for their performance whatsoever. Also like most of you idiots, they make me f****** sick.

We are a shit football club, and our supporter base lets them f****** get away with it.
The players are good. The other stuff is bad.

Teddy Richards is a premiership playa.

Bachar Houli is a premiership playa.

If most of our list moved to other clubs, they’ll end up premiership players.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 » Mon May 27, 2019 8:42 pm

Ben Doolan?

Windy Hille
High Draft Pick

Post by Windy Hille » Mon May 27, 2019 9:44 pm

Not excuses, they’re legitimate issues! Coaches and fitness staff are a major problem. The list isn’t getting the proper care and development. Has been an issue for a long time.

Joe Dan has been mismanaged. We’re crippling blokes like Smith, Shiel and Stringer. Won’t be long before Saad pops a hammy.

Sick of repeating myself!!!

robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 » Mon May 27, 2019 10:03 pm

If you think we have good footballers on our list, their really is no hope for you. All of them, every single one of them has massive holes and issues in their game. You’re just the same as all the idiots who think that once someone puts on a red and black jumper they must be f****** good. Is the fitness staff shit? Probably. Is the coach shit? Definitely. Are the players even f****** worse? Absolutely. This f****** junk football club is gone. And it’s biggest problem is that the people running the joint are just like you. Fanboys that the think the sun shines out of the players arseholes.

mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso » Mon May 27, 2019 10:24 pm

I hear you Robbie but what do you do when the club, the board, the coaches, the players, aren't listening? The only thing you as a supporter or a Member can do, is to vote with your feet and put your credit card in your pocket. The numbers will drop off as the club does.

Our beloved club has become a pawn of the AFL and is only interested in spreading its wings and making money by diversifying. All the talk of top 4 or 6 last year, was just to suck the suckers in and it worked beautifully. Now, we all have a decent dose of the jimmy brits because many of us completely over-rated the team with more and more injuries as each week passes. We are done, well and truly cooked, for this season anyway.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Mon May 27, 2019 11:18 pm

mdso wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 10:24 pm
I hear you Robbie but what do you do when the club, the board, the coaches, the players, aren't listening? The only thing you as a supporter or a Member can do, is to vote with your feet and put your credit card in your pocket. The numbers will drop off as the club does.

Or vote with your vote at the Ballot Box and Vote them.Giving up,gives them just what they want.

Our beloved club has become a pawn of the AFL and is only interested in spreading its wings and making money by diversifying. All the talk of top 4 or 6 last year, was just to suck the suckers in and it worked beautifully. Now, we all have a decent dose of the jimmy brits because many of us completely over-rated the team with more and more injuries as each week passes. We are done, well and truly cooked, for this season anyway.

Windy Hille
High Draft Pick

Post by Windy Hille » Tue May 28, 2019 1:09 am

Well, there are a lot of ifs, but...

If Joe Daniher wasn’t ruined by dopey medicos, he could be up there winning the Coleman. 65 goals in 2017, AA, Crichton Medallist. He can play. Except, the club can’t make him play.

Orazio Fantasia is a gun...when he’s not constantly sitting on the sidelines with the same issue that has plagued him for 3 seasons.

Dev Smith had obvious issues with his knee. His season has been stifled because of it. They keep playing him until his knee is totally buggered. Another one done. Last year’s Crichton Medallist. He can play.

Jake Stringer is having a good season. Now cooked. He can play the game. He’s a premiership player, who has been excellent since joining us.

I could keep going. But if we had all these guys available, we would be right up there. Only things that are holding is back are fitness team and dull coaching.

Belief. Faith. Honour. Trust.

s'dreams
Club Captain

Post by s'dreams » Tue May 28, 2019 2:25 am

If after 3.5 years, the players are still struggling with the gameplan or they can only string it together for short bursts in a game or in every 3rd or 4th game ... its the coaching.

If the players are getting soft tissue injuries trying to execute the gameplan ... toss up between the coaching staff and the conditioning staff.

Essendon - Employing crap since 2005
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Tue May 28, 2019 8:30 am

robbie67 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 8:42 pm
Ben Doolan?
Ah yes, but that was because he came TO Essendon, not away from it :wink:
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 » Tue May 28, 2019 10:28 am

Windy Hille wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 1:09 am

If Joe Daniher wasn’t ruined by dopey medicos, he could be up there winning the Coleman. 65 goals in 2017, AA, Crichton Medallist. He can play. Except, the club can’t make him play.

Orazio Fantasia is a gun...when he’s not constantly sitting on the sidelines with the same issue that has plagued him for 3 seasons.

Dev Smith had obvious issues with his knee. His season has been stifled because of it. They keep playing him until his knee is totally buggered. Another one done. Last year’s Crichton Medallist. He can play.

Jake Stringer is having a good season. Now cooked. He can play the game. He’s a premiership player, who has been excellent since joining us.

I could keep going. But if we had all these guys available, we would be right up there. Only things that are holding is back are fitness team and dull coaching.

Joe Daniher when not physically injured is a mental cripple who struggles to kick straight from 20 meters out. Like so many on our list, has had one good year.

Fantasia is a very good player, who with the role he performs I would be a complementary player to an already very good side. Completely wasted with our junk.

Devon Smith has his best year last year, but let’s rememver, could barely get a game at a good team, and then comes straight in and wins our B&F.

Stringer like Fantasia, needs good players around him. Another waste.

Give me your next group Windy, I’ll tear that lot apart as well.

robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 » Tue May 28, 2019 10:30 am

s'dreams wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 2:25 am
If after 3.5 years, the players are still struggling with the gameplan or they can only string it together for short bursts in a game or in every 3rd or 4th game ... its the coaching.

If the players are getting soft tissue injuries trying to execute the gameplan ... toss up between the coaching staff and the conditioning staff.

Or just for a minute, maybe take into account that the players simply may not be good enough.

s'dreams
Club Captain

Post by s'dreams » Tue May 28, 2019 11:38 am

robbie67 wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 10:30 am
s'dreams wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 2:25 am

Or just for a minute, maybe take into account that the players simply may not be good enough.
I take your point but is it the player's fault that they were recruited to Essendon and then selected week in week out?
If our recruiting staff cant recognise duds or ordinary football plodders what hope does anyone have?
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 » Tue May 28, 2019 11:58 am

Well DUDoro has been there forever and we haven’t done shit. He couldn’t find a whore in a brothel that c***.

It’s not the players fault they aren’t good enough? Maybe. Some f****** ambition would be nice though.

nudder12
Regular Senior Player

Post by nudder12 » Tue May 28, 2019 12:42 pm

robbie67 wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 11:58 am
It’s not the players fault they aren’t good enough? Maybe. Some f****** ambition would be nice though.
I think this is getting close to the real issue - the players just won't do what it takes to execute the game plan. Fitness, skills, determination & decision making. Are they capable of those things? Or just don't want to?

Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman » Tue May 28, 2019 1:13 pm

nudder12 wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 12:42 pm
robbie67 wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 11:58 am
I think this is getting close to the real issue - the players just won't do what it takes to execute the game plan. Fitness, skills, determination & decision making. Are they capable of those things? Or just don't want to?
Which ties in with exactly what said in my open letter to players thread...

Lazy, entitled, pretentious shits most our list are...

Windy Hille
High Draft Pick

Post by Windy Hille » Tue May 28, 2019 3:10 pm

robbie67 wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 10:28 am
Windy Hille wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 1:09 am

Joe Daniher when not physically injured is a mental cripple who struggles to kick straight from 20 meters out. Like so many on our list, has had one good year.

Fantasia is a very good player, who with the role he performs I would be a complementary player to an already very good side. Completely wasted with our junk.

Devon Smith has his best year last year, but let’s rememver, could barely get a game at a good team, and then comes straight in and wins our B&F.

Stringer like Fantasia, needs good players around him. Another waste.

Give me your next group Windy, I’ll tear that lot apart as well.
Ok, bear with me.

Firstly, Joe Dan had his best year aged 23. He should be entering his prime right now. He’s being robbed of that with this persistent knackery. I think, in general, he has improved his goal kicking from when he first started. Most do as they get older - Buddy, Josh Kennedy with his stuttered run up etc. Joe is quality and he’ll only get better (when 100% fit).

Secondly, we have other up and comers like Andy McGrath who is coming along nicely as a midfielder. He’s only 20, and I reckon by the age of 23 he’ll be one of the best midfielders in the comp.

Zach Merrett is 23 and he’s a gun. Quality. Gets high possessions at high efficiency. Once he starts hitting the scoreboard more often, he’ll be A grade - if he isn’t already.

Darcy Parish is 21. Having a break out season in my view. Emerging as a very good midfielder. Age is on their side when it comes to DP, ZM and Andy Mac.

Dylan Shiel is quality. Just needs to sharpen his goal kicking and he’s elite.

Young kids in Jordan Ridley (20) and Mason Redman (21) have talent to burn. They are fine players already.

Francis (21) can be anything. He’s currently out of position due to so many forwards in the medical rooms, but he will be an excellent defender.

McKenna (23) and Saad (24) are terrific slingshots I’m defence. They are about to enter their peak.

Langford (22) and injury prone Laverde (23) will only get better with more games.

There is a lot of talented youth on the list and most of them will become terrific players...if they have good programs around them to allow them to reach their potential. I say that area is lacking.

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Tue May 28, 2019 6:28 pm

Not convinced we don’t have the cattle to be a Top 8 team....not a top 4, but for sure a finalist. Yet it’s all duck or no dinner with this lot and that is most definitely a coaching deficiency. No player buy in and they should be berated for that but maybe it’s just too hard to buy into a strangely one dimensional plan that exploits the talents of 6 players forcing the rest of the team to watch on. By this I mean Hurley, McKenna, Saad, Stringer, Merrett and Walla/Fantasia have clear roles to play. It fits Worsfold slingshot down the guts gameplan. Hurley intercepts and feeds the ball off to a running Saad or McKenna who in turn look for Merrett to link with who in turn bangs it long to Daniher hoping for a F50 Mark...if that doesn’t work then in theory, they have small crumbers in Walla and Fantasia to snap up the loose ball. Stringer seems to have a specific centre clearance role to play but other than that his game is a roll of the dice. Shut that mechanic down and the other 16 players are clueless as to what to do.

Watching Richmond the other night, missing many of their stars, they simply play a brand where every player has a clear role and their structure easily allows them to play confidently without star names on the team. They have a plan A, B and C all running concurrently and can easily adapt to different game situations.

That is simply a coaching fail on the part of Worsfold

nudder12
Regular Senior Player

Post by nudder12 » Wed May 29, 2019 12:22 am

Windy_Hill wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 6:28 pm
Not convinced we don’t have the cattle to be a Top 8 team....not a top 4, but for sure a finalist. Yet it’s all duck or no dinner with this lot and that is most definitely a coaching deficiency. No player buy in and they should be berated for that but maybe it’s just too hard to buy into a strangely one dimensional plan that exploits the talents of 6 players forcing the rest of the team to watch on. By this I mean Hurley, McKenna, Saad, Stringer, Merrett and Walla/Fantasia have clear roles to play. It fits Worsfold slingshot down the guts gameplan. Hurley intercepts and feeds the ball off to a running Saad or McKenna who in turn look for Merrett to link with who in turn bangs it long to Daniher hoping for a F50 Mark...if that doesn’t work then in theory, they have small crumbers in Walla and Fantasia to snap up the loose ball. Stringer seems to have a specific centre clearance role to play but other than that his game is a roll of the dice. Shut that mechanic down and the other 16 players are clueless as to what to do.

Watching Richmond the other night, missing many of their stars, they simply play a brand where every player has a clear role and their structure easily allows them to play confidently without star names on the team. They have a plan A, B and C all running concurrently and can easily adapt to different game situations.

That is simply a coaching fail on the part of Worsfold
Besides your last sentence, a good call Windy.
Here's something I was about to post, which more or less matches what you've said....

According to Terry Wallace
“I’ve found Essendon a pretty interesting side over a long period of time,”
“I think there are certain teams in this competition that are more structurally driven and there are some that are more personnel driven. Now I think Essendon sit in the personnel driven box.”
“I don’t think they’re anywhere near as tight structurally as some of the other sides and when they have things taken off them by a structurally tight team, I don’t think they deal with it as well as some of the other sides do.
“Going to last weekend’s game, Essendon and Richmond both had a lot of players out. I sat there and went, who wins? Well, who do you think wins? It’s the side that bases themselves more on structure, not on personnel.
“Even though Richmond has got personnel out, they play so well to their particular structures, other people can come in and at least do a job for them.
“Essendon, who play, in my opinion, on personnel, when key personnel are missing, how are they going to win?
“When I look at Essendon’s games, when I perceive an Essendon victory, it’s on the back of their running half backs going crazy through the middle of the ground or it’s Orazio Fantasia and Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti having a day out
“To me it’s not methodical, it’s all about individuals having high points, rather than necessarily structure.”
Wallace feels Essendon coach John Worsfold is the one who needs to be accountable for that situation.
“To me, there’s still questions about coaching because that’s what that is,” he said.
“The team, personnel wise, looks good enough to be a finals team, but are they structurally good enough to be a finals team, that’s a coaching question.
“I’m not saying that John Worsfold shouldn’t be there or should be sacked, but I’m saying that they should be looking at how they get their structures tighter.”
I think Terry's analysis is spot on, almost.
While he obviously puts it down to coaching, in my opinion - as Robbie pointed out - the big question is - are our structures deficient because the players can't or won't do what is required, or is it actually because of the coaching?

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Wed May 29, 2019 12:31 am

basically that spud Wallace plagarised my previous post