Coaching Dominoes about to Fall

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Re: Coaching Dominoes about to Fall

Post by grassy1 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:25 pm

Well,if we fall over the line,he’s safe for a week or 2.

If we get Hammered by his old mob,....?

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:00 pm

Today's win keeps Woosha in a job certainly until the end of the year - which is fair enough on a lot of fronts

But failure to make the finals with the players we have brought in, regardless of injuries, will be fatal for John. We have blown three number 1 draft picks to build this squad to compete in finals.

Windy Hille
High Draft Pick

Post by Windy Hille » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:55 am

I think he’ll go well beyond this year.

We are seeing the seeds of success coming through. The young kids are maturing together. This is a good sign. Guys entering the 50-100 game bracket are starting to look as if they belong. And they’re having an impact. Even guys with less experience are doing a good job!

Langford
Laverde
Parish
McGrath
Redman
McKenna
Francis
Fantasia (when fit)
Tipungwuti
Ridley
Begley
Guelfi

And now...

D.Clarke!!!

Woosha is putting together a good team. It’s only his 3rd clear season putting the plan into place. It’ll happen. No point dumping him just to start the whole damn thing over again. New coach, new system, will take years again. What’s the point of that? Let this evolve. I can see light at the end of the tunnel.

Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:30 am

Windy Hille wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:55 am
I think he’ll go well beyond this year.

We are seeing the seeds of success coming through. The young kids are maturing together. This is a good sign. Guys entering the 50-100 game bracket are starting to look as if they belong. And they’re having an impact. Even guys with less experience are doing a good job!

Langford
Laverde
Parish
McGrath
Redman
McKenna
Francis
Fantasia (when fit)
Tipungwuti
Ridley
Begley
Guelfi

And now...

D.Clarke!!!

Woosha is putting together a good team. It’s only his 3rd clear season putting the plan into place. It’ll happen. No point dumping him just to start the whole damn thing over again. New coach, new system, will take years again. What’s the point of that? Let this evolve. I can see light at the end of the tunnel.
Thats a pretty brave call after we just chugged away from the wooden spooners. Granted there are promising signs to r the next generation and I guess Woosha can rest his case on that. Look again at season end.

s'dreams
Club Captain

Post by s'dreams » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:43 am

Last week we were putrid for 3/4 of the game ... and now this outburst of optimism?

OK - the Coaching staff managed and DClarke to shut down Cripps which is something that nobody else has managed to do this year.

But I'll hold off the praise and hosannas until we are firmly ensconced in the eight and have a real, not a mathematical, chance of playing finals.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:41 am

Hands off Kloppy(Jurgen Klopp)!Just in case anyone gets any wild ideas! :lol:

F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:14 pm

Bolton gone.

Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:42 pm

F111 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:14 pm
Bolton gone.
A sign of the times. Getting closer Woosha. I feel that Hawthorn with its history this year will be a fair and excellent test of exactly where we are at particularly if some come back from injury.

s'dreams
Club Captain

Post by s'dreams » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:56 pm

F111 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:14 pm
Bolton gone.
So Stephen Silvagni keeps his job while saddling Carlton with years of GWS rejects (who can't get a game with Carlton) but the coach who has had to endure the "old boys" interfering and making decisions as if the old days of Jack Elliott, the brown bags on a Tuesday and the printing factory are still ways of dealing with pesky salary cap rules.
Couldn't happen to a better club :-)

I have a feeling that Bolton will be remembered much like Bill Stephen is for us.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:21 pm

I have no confidence in our CEO, X, he may have done whatever in terms of other things at the EFC but in terms on the EFC being a footy club, he's done bugger all. And all in due time, the AFL will probably reward him for it as they have with others.

There is nothing much that's inspiring about Woosha. His after the games talks are even less inspiring than him. He may have calmed the water in the early days after the saga and I thank him for that however; our footy team is going nowhere. Anyone who thinks otherwise give me some of what you are smoking! I think we ought to suss out Michael Voss, even only as an assistant coach if anyone can teach some our blokes about mongrel he can. I think Scott Burns would be worth looking at. Carracella I think, is happy where he is as a tactical coach. He may NOT want to ever take over the reigns anywhere. Even though everywhere he has been he has tasted success. Why would he want to ruin a good run? Especially with a club who traded him when he did not want to go. He may be over that but I wonder?

I doubt we will play finals, same old same old. We obviously learned nothing from last season and so, it has been instant replay. We have boxed ourselves into an almost unwinnable situation to make finals. We are simply not playing well enough and are thoroughly, inconsistently, consistent.
We can blame it on this, that and the other thing, however; we dropped the ball. St. Kilda, Collingwood, Hawthorn, Melbourne and Richmond have all had a lot of injuries so that's no good as an excuse. We have dead wood which needs to fall at the end of the season. No more gifting games to anyone. Let's get it right and stop the mucking around and please, EFC no more empty promises.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:25 pm

I think had we lost to Carlton, Worsfold would have been lucky to survive. Perhaps Carlton's own saga may have saved him as I am sure the club would not want to be sharing the same bed as Carlton in terms of the optics.

Worsfold will survive to the end of the season at least. Failure to make finals will however be game over. In that way the club can minimise the payout.

My fear is we will scrape into the finals, get bundled out a put another bog average season in the books giving Average John another crack at ignominity in 2020