West Coast v Essendon

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Rover99
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 1311
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:23 am

Re: West Coast v Essendon

Post by Rover99 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:31 am

Windy Hille wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:29 am
Windy_Hill wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:08 am
4 F50 entries in an entire quarter to their 22


give me a break
bpdons is spot on.

It’s not the defenders fault we only had 4 f50 entries in the 2nd quarter. That’s a midfield issue. As BP said, we played the reigning premier with a damn strong midfield. It’s no surprise.

Their wayward kicking can be attributed to the efforts of our defenders who forced them wider from goal. Do you realise that West Coast only kicked 2.1 from the centre corridor of the F50? So the rest - 12.21 was from tighter angles. That’s an impressive effort considering the dominance in the centre.

One thing no-one recognises is that we are actually seeing the benefits of Ben Rutten. Our defence is creeping up to being one of the best in the comp. All within one year of his appointment!

So while some of you are curling up in the foetal position screaming “sack Woosha” or “you’re all delusional”, there are some of us who are looking at the development and improvements of the team.
The reigning Premiers as you call them are only fourth on the ladder now because teams like us put them there. Their form hasn't been anything like premiership form this year

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 8015
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: West Coast v Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:54 pm

Yes,the weasles have been pretty ordinary on the road lately.Only for us to play ‘em back into form. :oops: :evil: #-o :roll: :-&

User avatar
Windy Hille
High Draft Pick
Posts: 926
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Re: West Coast v Essendon

Post by Windy Hille » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:38 pm

Rover99 wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:31 am
Windy Hille wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:29 am
Windy_Hill wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:08 am
4 F50 entries in an entire quarter to their 22


give me a break
bpdons is spot on.

It’s not the defenders fault we only had 4 f50 entries in the 2nd quarter. That’s a midfield issue. As BP said, we played the reigning premier with a damn strong midfield. It’s no surprise.

Their wayward kicking can be attributed to the efforts of our defenders who forced them wider from goal. Do you realise that West Coast only kicked 2.1 from the centre corridor of the F50? So the rest - 12.21 was from tighter angles. That’s an impressive effort considering the dominance in the centre.

One thing no-one recognises is that we are actually seeing the benefits of Ben Rutten. Our defence is creeping up to being one of the best in the comp. All within one year of his appointment!

So while some of you are curling up in the foetal position screaming “sack Woosha” or “you’re all delusional”, there are some of us who are looking at the development and improvements of the team.
The reigning Premiers as you call them are only fourth on the ladder now because teams like us put them there. Their form hasn't been anything like premiership form this year
Of course it has nothing to do with the fact that they have beaten other top 8 sides in GWS, Collingwood, Freo and Adelaide :roll:

Sorry to be perplexed by your analysis, but how on earth you can conclude they are only there because of “teams like us” is beyond me.

Nothing changes the fact that they are the reigning premier and that they are in a position to go back to back.

“Teams like us”. Yes, I guess anyone outside the 8 (and there are 10 of them) will be classed as “teams like us”.

desmondo
High Draft Pick
Posts: 982
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:37 pm

Re: West Coast v Essendon

Post by desmondo » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:09 pm

s'dreams wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:00 pm
grassy1 wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:37 pm
Reckon the Umps showed us some splendid charity.Decent chaps!

Dean Margetts hasn’t forgotten his Red and Black heritage afterall! :lol:
Pfft... 10 frees in the last 15 minutes that somehow evened the frees ledger?

All it did was confuse our players even more about the rules (and why they didn't seem to apply the other 90 minutes). Now all they will think is that they need to get a few frees rather than work hard, be first to the ball and use it well.

Those frees (and the 4 goals) flattered our scoreline even more that the Wegals poor kicking
Yep, dead right, the rsols almost go out their way to make sure certain teams (normally the home side, or any-body playing us, or so it seems :lol: ) win, and once it`s a fait accompli, they then worry about their tally counts.

Rover99
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 1311
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:23 am

Re: West Coast v Essendon

Post by Rover99 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:53 pm

Windy Hille wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:38 pm
Rover99 wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:31 am
Windy Hille wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:29 am
Windy_Hill wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:08 am
4 F50 entries in an entire quarter to their 22


give me a break
bpdons is spot on.

It’s not the defenders fault we only had 4 f50 entries in the 2nd quarter. That’s a midfield issue. As BP said, we played the reigning premier with a damn strong midfield. It’s no surprise.

Their wayward kicking can be attributed to the efforts of our defenders who forced them wider from goal. Do you realise that West Coast only kicked 2.1 from the centre corridor of the F50? So the rest - 12.21 was from tighter angles. That’s an impressive effort considering the dominance in the centre.

One thing no-one recognises is that we are actually seeing the benefits of Ben Rutten. Our defence is creeping up to being one of the best in the comp. All within one year of his appointment!

So while some of you are curling up in the foetal position screaming “sack Woosha” or “you’re all delusional”, there are some of us who are looking at the development and improvements of the team.
The reigning Premiers as you call them are only fourth on the ladder now because teams like us put them there. Their form hasn't been anything like premiership form this year
Of course it has nothing to do with the fact that they have beaten other top 8 sides in GWS, Collingwood, Freo and Adelaide :roll:

Sorry to be perplexed by your analysis, but how on earth you can conclude they are only there because of “teams like us” is beyond me.

Nothing changes the fact that they are the reigning premier and that they are in a position to go back to back.

“Teams like us”. Yes, I guess anyone outside the 8 (and there are 10 of them) will be classed as “teams like us”.
Lions Swans Cats and Power kicked their ass pretty easily

User avatar
Windy Hille
High Draft Pick
Posts: 926
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Re: West Coast v Essendon

Post by Windy Hille » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:38 pm

Rover99 wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:53 pm
Windy Hille wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:38 pm
Rover99 wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:31 am
Windy Hille wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:29 am
Windy_Hill wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:08 am
4 F50 entries in an entire quarter to their 22


give me a break
bpdons is spot on.

It’s not the defenders fault we only had 4 f50 entries in the 2nd quarter. That’s a midfield issue. As BP said, we played the reigning premier with a damn strong midfield. It’s no surprise.

Their wayward kicking can be attributed to the efforts of our defenders who forced them wider from goal. Do you realise that West Coast only kicked 2.1 from the centre corridor of the F50? So the rest - 12.21 was from tighter angles. That’s an impressive effort considering the dominance in the centre.

One thing no-one recognises is that we are actually seeing the benefits of Ben Rutten. Our defence is creeping up to being one of the best in the comp. All within one year of his appointment!

So while some of you are curling up in the foetal position screaming “sack Woosha” or “you’re all delusional”, there are some of us who are looking at the development and improvements of the team.
The reigning Premiers as you call them are only fourth on the ladder now because teams like us put them there. Their form hasn't been anything like premiership form this year
Of course it has nothing to do with the fact that they have beaten other top 8 sides in GWS, Collingwood, Freo and Adelaide :roll:

Sorry to be perplexed by your analysis, but how on earth you can conclude they are only there because of “teams like us” is beyond me.

Nothing changes the fact that they are the reigning premier and that they are in a position to go back to back.

“Teams like us”. Yes, I guess anyone outside the 8 (and there are 10 of them) will be classed as “teams like us”.
Lions Swans Cats and Power kicked their ass pretty easily
Cats at the cattery is no embarrassment. Port beating them in Perth was interesting. They applied a tactic that brought them undone - chaos balls into the F50 where their rebounding intercepting defenders couldn't take the ball away.

Post Reply