R16. Essendon V Swans

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
nudder12
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 1884
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:47 pm

R16. Essendon V Swans

Post by nudder12 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:01 am

Zac Clarke in to cover for Bellchambers.
That is what you wanted, isn't it BD? :wink:

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 25419
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: R16. Essendon V Swans

Post by BenDoolan » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:33 am

Naaaaaaaah!!! Notice how much better we played when he went off??? Out of necessity, both Hooker and McKernan had to share ruck and forward duties. Both match winners! Keep it that way.
,
OUT: Bellchambers (inj), Begley (omit)

IN: J. Stringer, M. Guelfi
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

User avatar
s'dreams
Club Captain
Posts: 4006
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:48 pm

Re: R16. Essendon V Swans

Post by s'dreams » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:22 am

BenDoolan wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:33 am
Naaaaaaaah!!! Notice how much better we played when he went off??? Out of necessity, both Hooker and McKernan had to share ruck and forward duties. Both match winners! Keep it that way.
,
OUT: Bellchambers (inj), Begley (omit)

IN: J. Stringer, M. Guelfi
Ditto, the Swans ruck (Callum Sinclair) is not highly rated, so no problems with McKernan/Hooker. I haven't seen Clarke playing for the VFL so there may be issues.

But I would also have Fantasia out (he is still injured and noticeably so despite not training at all last week) and Mozzie in. If not Mozie, then Snelling or Mynott depending on form this weekend.

What would you do with Ambrose if fit?
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

nudder12
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 1884
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:47 pm

Re: R16. Essendon V Swans

Post by nudder12 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:55 pm

TBC out for the season apparently - achilles problem!

User avatar
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 11987
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:23 pm

Re: R16. Essendon V Swans

Post by Windy_Hill » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:06 pm

Out: Ambrose (from the selected team), Bellchambers, Begley

In Guelfi, Clarke Z, Stringer

Wally
Top Up Player
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:33 pm
Location: Darwin

Re: R16. Essendon V Swans

Post by Wally » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:06 am

Gotta keep playing those kids together.

Out: Bellchambers (inj), Brown (omit if Stringer avail)

In: Stringer (if 100% fit), Guelfi (if 100% fit)

If Fantasia is injured in the slightest, needs to be put on ice until he is back 100%.

Like to see any or all of Ridley, Mosquito, Snelling get a run if either In's don't get up - depending on what happens in today's VFL match.

User avatar
F111
Essendon Legend
Posts: 15385
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:55 pm

Re: R16. Essendon V Swans

Post by F111 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:49 pm

Wally wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:06 am
Like to see any or all of Ridley, Mosquito, Snelling get a run if either In's don't get up - depending on what happens in today's VFL match.
Ridley doing ok. Mozzie hamstrung within 5 minutes Q1.

User avatar
s'dreams
Club Captain
Posts: 4006
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:48 pm

Re: R16. Essendon V Swans

Post by s'dreams » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:01 pm

F111 wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:49 pm
Wally wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:06 am
Like to see any or all of Ridley, Mosquito, Snelling get a run if either In's don't get up - depending on what happens in today's VFL match.
Ridley doing ok. Mozzie hamstrung within 5 minutes Q1.
Last time we had this many soft tissue injuries, Vlad phoned Evans.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

User avatar
s'dreams
Club Captain
Posts: 4006
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:48 pm

Re: R16. Essendon V Swans

Post by s'dreams » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:11 am

Well, the Swan's preferred Ruck Callum Sinclair will be sitting on the sideline for 2-3 weeks. So the Swans will either pick Darcy Cameron (played a total of 1 AFL game) or Sam Naismith (hasn't played AFL since 2017)... alternately they may run Aliir Aliir in the ruck like they successfully did on the weekend.

I am still convinced that it would be better to run Smack/Hooker in the ruck than select Clarke.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 25419
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: R16. Essendon V Swans

Post by BenDoolan » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:21 pm

s'dreams wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:11 am
Well, the Swan's preferred Ruck Callum Sinclair will be sitting on the sideline for 2-3 weeks. So the Swans will either pick Darcy Cameron (played a total of 1 AFL game) or Sam Naismith (hasn't played AFL since 2017)... alternately they may run Aliir Aliir in the ruck like they successfully did on the weekend.

I am still convinced that it would be better to run Smack/Hooker in the ruck than select Clarke.
Hope they ignore Z. Clarke. He’s a shocker. Some of his work yesterday was embarrassing.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 8015
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: R16. Essendon V Swans

Post by grassy1 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:51 pm

Oh shit,really Ben?

That is very disappointing to learn.I put a lot of faith into him,given his dominance was driving Subiaco’s Invincibility! #-o

Maybe the Bloody Dorkers and a certain Coach made a negative impact and implant on his AFL psyche! #-o

Rover99
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 1311
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:23 am

Re: R16. Essendon V Swans

Post by Rover99 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:11 pm

This one's going to be a corker! Who's gonna be the monkey up the goalpost this time? :D My tip: Bombers by 4 goals. But only if Dipstick manages our forward line and Ruck to best advantage.

User avatar
s'dreams
Club Captain
Posts: 4006
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:48 pm

Re: R16. Essendon V Swans

Post by s'dreams » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:25 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:21 pm
s'dreams wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:11 am
Well, the Swan's preferred Ruck Callum Sinclair will be sitting on the sideline for 2-3 weeks. So the Swans will either pick Darcy Cameron (played a total of 1 AFL game) or Sam Naismith (hasn't played AFL since 2017)... alternately they may run Aliir Aliir in the ruck like they successfully did on the weekend.

I am still convinced that it would be better to run Smack/Hooker in the ruck than select Clarke.
Hope they ignore Z. Clarke. He’s a shocker. Some of his work yesterday was embarrassing.
Apparently Cameron and Naismith are both out injured as well
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

User avatar
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 11987
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:23 pm

Re: R16. Essendon V Swans

Post by Windy_Hill » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:36 pm

Essendon will win....no Buddy worries

User avatar
Western Red
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 1282
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:23 pm
Location: Penang, Malaysia

Re: R16. Essendon V Swans

Post by Western Red » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:31 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:21 pm
s'dreams wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:11 am
Well, the Swan's preferred Ruck Callum Sinclair will be sitting on the sideline for 2-3 weeks. So the Swans will either pick Darcy Cameron (played a total of 1 AFL game) or Sam Naismith (hasn't played AFL since 2017)... alternately they may run Aliir Aliir in the ruck like they successfully did on the weekend.

I am still convinced that it would be better to run Smack/Hooker in the ruck than select Clarke.
Hope they ignore Z. Clarke. He’s a shocker. Some of his work yesterday was embarrassing.
Agreed - they should just play Smack in the ruck and Hooker to assist - or where are Stewart? or Hartley -either could give Smack a chop out also..

User avatar
F111
Essendon Legend
Posts: 15385
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:55 pm

Re: R16. Essendon V Swans

Post by F111 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:50 pm

Western Red wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:31 pm
Agreed - they should just play Smack in the ruck and Hooker to assist - or where are Stewart? or Hartley -either could give Smack a chop out also..
Stewart has a groin injury :roll:
Hartley has good VFL form, including some in the ruck.

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 25419
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: R16. Essendon V Swans

Post by BenDoolan » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:01 pm

F111 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:50 pm
Western Red wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:31 pm
Agreed - they should just play Smack in the ruck and Hooker to assist - or where are Stewart? or Hartley -either could give Smack a chop out also..
Stewart has a groin injury :roll:
Hartley has good VFL form, including some in the ruck.
Another injury?

Seriously, GAGF!
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

Crazyman
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 6977
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:51 pm
Location: Sydney (Don't hold it against me)
Contact:

Re: R16. Essendon V Swans

Post by Crazyman » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:31 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:01 pm
F111 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:50 pm
Western Red wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:31 pm
Agreed - they should just play Smack in the ruck and Hooker to assist - or where are Stewart? or Hartley -either could give Smack a chop out also..
Stewart has a groin injury :roll:
Hartley has good VFL form, including some in the ruck.
Another injury?

Seriously, GAGF!
Nope, still recovering from the original injury...

Rover99
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 1311
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:23 am

Re: R16. Essendon V Swans

Post by Rover99 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:56 pm

Windy_Hill wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:36 pm
Essendon will win....no Buddy worries
Yep nine day break too :D :D

User avatar
F111
Essendon Legend
Posts: 15385
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:55 pm

Re: R16. Essendon V Swans

Post by F111 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:55 am

As long as they're not too complacent....

Post Reply