Essendon Rumour Mill

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
User avatar
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 12322
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:23 pm

Re: Essendon Rumour Mill

Post by Windy_Hill » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:32 pm

Plus he is out of contract end of 2020 so GWS may see trading him now as better leverage than what it would be next year if he decides to walk

DC2
High Draft Pick
Posts: 917
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:01 pm

Re: Essendon Rumour Mill

Post by DC2 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:52 pm

Windy_Hill wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:30 pm

because he has reportedly indicated a desire to play for a big Melb club...how badly he wants that is up in the air. Great mates with Dev Smith apparently.
hmmm...interstinhg.

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 8475
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: Essendon Rumour Mill

Post by grassy1 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:46 am

Mmmmmm,Coniglio was all the rage to head elsewhere,but ended up staying.

Reckon AWFULL and GWS will pull out all stops to make sure Cameron will stay with the Giants.

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 25840
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Essendon Rumour Mill

Post by BenDoolan » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:47 am

DC2 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:49 pm
BenDoolan wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:56 pm
Club about to announce that Woosha will coach next year as a handover to Rutten (taking on more senior duties). Succession plan in place 🔒

Joe Dan more likely GONE 🚽
why does daniher want to leave?
Trying to listen between the airwaves and reading between the lines, it appears Joe isn’t happy with where he’s at (injury / body wise) and how he arrived at this point. So, it may be a case where he is pissed off with his injury management - where it has basically threatened his career. The decision to continue to play him knowing his groin issues may have led to crippling him. If that is the case, shame on the club.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

User avatar
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 12322
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:23 pm

Re: Essendon Rumour Mill

Post by Windy_Hill » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:43 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:47 am
DC2 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:49 pm
BenDoolan wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:56 pm
Club about to announce that Woosha will coach next year as a handover to Rutten (taking on more senior duties). Succession plan in place 🔒

Joe Dan more likely GONE 🚽
why does daniher want to leave?
Trying to listen between the airwaves and reading between the lines, it appears Joe isn’t happy with where he’s at (injury / body wise) and how he arrived at this point. So, it may be a case where he is pissed off with his injury management - where it has basically threatened his career. The decision to continue to play him knowing his groin issues may have led to crippling him. If that is the case, shame on the club.
He wouldn't be the first and he won't be the last player to have his career derailed by OP. It's a very difficult condition to assess and treat. I wouldn't think the club mismanaged his problem...they in all likelihood set out a plan of rehabilitation with a view to getting him back on the track this year if all seemed OK. However, I am sure the club in consultation with Joe and the medical experts will have agreed that if it flared up again then surgery would be e next option. This is what happened. I very much doubt that Joe was left in the dark or forced into a recovery plan he was not happy to go along with. It may just be that Joe will have a chronic condition that will unfortunately plague his career. If I was Sydney, I would think very long and hard about this when considering a possible trade with Essendon for Joe.

User avatar
F111
Essendon Legend
Posts: 15542
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:55 pm

Re: Essendon Rumour Mill

Post by F111 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:35 pm

God knows how things transpired.

The usual dr/patient relationship relies heavily on patients (players) being careful and honest. The Dr. then makes treatment plans accordingly, usually with testing, observation & measurements.

Players want to play. If they don't quite come clean with how/what they can feel, then it's difficult to blame any treatment decisions.

Responsibility goes two ways.

I remember watching Rioli at Donlands. He was playing the game of his life, clearly the best on ground, silky and devastating like he could be. I saw him dish off the ball then keep running. He momentarily grabbed his hammie and I thought ohh bugger he's gone. He didn't head straight off though, continuing to play. He jiggered it good and proper later I think.

Responsibility for their own body and fitness is necessary at this level. I suppose it comes with time, age & experience.

God knows how things transpired for JD.

User avatar
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 1027
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Re: Essendon Rumour Mill

Post by Windy Hille » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:52 am

F111 wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:35 pm
God knows how things transpired.

The usual dr/patient relationship relies heavily on patients (players) being careful and honest. The Dr. then makes treatment plans accordingly, usually with testing, observation & measurements.

Players want to play. If they don't quite come clean with how/what they can feel, then it's difficult to blame any treatment decisions.

Responsibility goes two ways.

I remember watching Rioli at Donlands. He was playing the game of his life, clearly the best on ground, silky and devastating like he could be. I saw him dish off the ball then keep running. He momentarily grabbed his hammie and I thought ohh bugger he's gone. He didn't head straight off though, continuing to play. He jiggered it good and proper later I think.

Responsibility for their own body and fitness is necessary at this level. I suppose it comes with time, age & experience.

God knows how things transpired for JD.
He looked a reluctant player in 2018. Just the frustration on his face on game day, and then dealing with his lack of performance showed he wasn’t in a happy place. Not sure if that had to do with the club saying “play through the pain” or him just wanting to play regardless. Unless you’re in amongst the sanctum, you’ll never know. But something is eating at him. Why is he looking for an out? Blind Freddy knows he’s going to be well looked after at this club. What’s his beef?

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 8475
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: Essendon Rumour Mill

Post by grassy1 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:23 am

If you can folks,a little history lesson for me,albeit a different time and context.

How did we lose Merv Neagle to Sydney?

User avatar
F111
Essendon Legend
Posts: 15542
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:55 pm

Re: Essendon Rumour Mill

Post by F111 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:45 am

grassy1 wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:23 am
If you can folks,a little history lesson for me,albeit a different time and context.

How did we lose Merv Neagle to Sydney?
Probably a bit more money towards the end of his career? A ride in a pink Ferrari maybe? Those were heady times in Sydney!

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 8475
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: Essendon Rumour Mill

Post by grassy1 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:39 pm

Money was my main suspicion,but did Merv get the shits with Sheeds or someone/something else?

User avatar
s'dreams
Club Captain
Posts: 4343
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:48 pm

Re: Essendon Rumour Mill

Post by s'dreams » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:17 pm

Rumor is that Fanta's move back to Adelaide is back on and we will be offered Sam Powell-Pepper and Dougal Howard as a direct swap.

Sigh! Yet another tall swing man!
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

User avatar
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 12322
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:23 pm

Re: Essendon Rumour Mill

Post by Windy_Hill » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:34 pm

Would take that

Unless we could get a first rounder to then use elsewhere

SPP has real potential and exactly the mongrel our team needs

Howard also, plenty of potential although from all reports does not want to play forward as Adelaide were pushing for. Lets see what happens


Fanta is going to go anyway so we may as well strike while the iron is hot - or risk him having another shit year after which we get nothing in return

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 25840
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Essendon Rumour Mill

Post by BenDoolan » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:41 pm

Anyone from Adelaide is junk. Self interested f****** wankers.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

nudder12
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 2126
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:47 pm

Re: Essendon Rumour Mill

Post by nudder12 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:49 pm

s'dreams wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:17 pm
Rumor is that Fanta's move back to Adelaide is back on and we will be offered Sam Powell-Pepper and Dougal Howard as a direct swap.

Sigh! Yet another tall swing man!
Would rather keep Fantasia, but if he is going and that's the offer, I'd take it.
Both Port players are young and have talent, and we might need Howard if Daniher goes (although that's looking less likely).

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 25840
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Essendon Rumour Mill

Post by BenDoolan » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:37 am

EFC presser at 10:15 this morning. Zaka 2 year extension?
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

User avatar
s'dreams
Club Captain
Posts: 4343
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:48 pm

Re: Essendon Rumour Mill

Post by s'dreams » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:58 am

BenDoolan wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:37 am
EFC presser at 10:15 this morning. Zaka 2 year extension?
Is it they have decided to institute a new Crighty Award - "The Adam McPhee Inglorious Exit Award"?

Retrospective winners include Jake Carsisle, Paddy Ryder, Hal Hunter, Kyle Reimers, and Dean Wallis.

I wonder who it would be this year?
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

User avatar
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 12322
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:23 pm

Re: Essendon Rumour Mill

Post by Windy_Hill » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:01 pm

Under Armour jumper deal....in other words, big deal. Campbell is fast becoming the AFL version of Manchester United's CEO Ed Woodward. Nails the commercial stuff but is an abject failure when it comes to on field performance.

Post Reply