Rnd 19..vs Gold Coast Suns

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Re: Rnd 19..vs Gold Coast Suns

Post by billyduckworth » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:18 pm

Considering every other team that has played them recently has had a percentage booster...

This is a disgrace.

F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:29 pm

Ohh a comeback! Whack! take that!
Last edited by F111 on Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:34 pm

Yes.
Regards

MH_Bomber

MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:36 pm

Yes. YES.
Regards

MH_Bomber

billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:38 pm

Not before time. Well done Stringer.

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:57 pm

Lucky escape. But a very good second half.

These are the sorts of games our usually lazy club would lose.

Jake Stringer, take a bow. I wasn’t all that rapt when we initially recruited him as I thought he was a dickhead. Bonce was dead right about him. He’s been a fantastic player ever since he walked in the door. Huge fan of his.

Smack...you bloody bewdy. Loving his rise as an AFL footballer.

Shiel was excellent tonight. Very consistent performer. Quality professional. Wouldn’t be surprised if he wins our Crichton in his first season with us.

What a last quarter. Far out. Some brilliant work, and some horrendous stuff that saw the see-saw that it was. Some awesome stuff from Stringer, Langford, Smack held it together.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

Royza
Club Captain

Post by Royza » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:11 pm

The game was horrific to watch & with Dwayne commentating it was even more horrific to listen to.
I'm very far from a violent person, but every time the camera was on Gil, the goal umpire who f***** up, or Razor Ray my TV was in serious danger.

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:32 pm

Phew!

Jeez,that was hard going,be it listening to the Radio or watching the Final Quarter at the TAB!

Job done,but only just. :roll:

MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:42 pm

Royza wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:11 pm
The game was horrific to watch & with Dwayne commentating it was even more horrific to listen to.
I'm very far from a violent person, but every time the camera was on Gil, the goal umpire who f***** up, or Razor Ray my TV was in serious danger.
Rampaging Ray, why no Hartley and worst of all the commentary was so bad I had put on headphones and blasting Ludwig Van loud so I didnt have anurism. If had lost I simply would have lost it had we not got up.
Regards

MH_Bomber

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:46 pm

Glad the commentary was turned down at the TAB then.

Who were they,MH?

s'dreams
Club Captain

Post by s'dreams » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:49 pm

billyduckworth wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:18 pm
Considering every other team that has played them recently has had a percentage booster...

This is a disgrace.
We went from 103.9 to 104.3% What are you bitching about? /s

PS - Why was Guelfi only on the field for 62% TOG and Parish for 72% TOG? Were these two under some sort of injury or fitness cloud?
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

s'dreams
Club Captain

Post by s'dreams » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:09 am

Windy_Hill wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:15 pm
Too early to call, but that was disgusting

f****** Langford is as useless as tits on a bull....but will go on to be the next Jobe Watson... :roll:
Seems that you and the umpires are of a similar mind - Langford can be deliberately run through front on by "Baby John" Burgess (for a lead changing goal no less) and no-one cares /s .

Parish at 5'4" has played 72 games and has only just this year come into form as a decent mid

Kyle at 6'3" has played now 60 games (including a number as the 22nd man) and is still developing (as taller players do).

He is earning his spot averaging 17.5 disp, 1 goal, 3.3 tackles, 3 rebounds, 1 Goal assist and ... 3 clangers a game.

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:26 am

s'dreams wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:09 am
Windy_Hill wrote:

f****** Langford is as useless as tits on a bull....but will go on to be the next Jobe Watson... :roll:
Seems that you and the umpires are of a similar mind - Langford can be deliberately run through front on by "Baby John" Burgess (for a lead changing goal no less) and no-one cares /s .

Parish at 5'4" has played 72 games and has only just this year come into form as a decent mid

Kyle at 6'3" has played now 60 games (including a number as the 22nd man) and is still developing (as taller players do).

He is earning his spot averaging 17.5 disp, 1 goal, 3.3 tackles, 3 rebounds, 1 Goal assist and ... 3 clangers a game.
He’s getting there. Slowly. Yes he does make blunders, but he also produces some wonders. He goes ok.

Laverde on the other hand, worries me. Needs to produce something.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

s'dreams
Club Captain

Post by s'dreams » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:29 am

BenDoolan wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:26 am
s'dreams wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:

He’s getting there. Slowly. Yes he does make blunders, but he also produces some wonders. He goes ok.

Laverde on the other hand, worries me. Needs to produce something.
McNiece surely has today shown that he should be fully embraced at the VFL level. At 27, it's hard to maintain that he deserves to take up a rookie spot (even a B rookie spot) that could be given to some other project player. Some one called him a "poor man's Henry Slattery". Ouch.

Long, Myers and Begley are the three players I believe will be let go at year's end (come on, at least Longy can admit that the club supported Michael through his Uni degree). Should we wish to keep Snelling, we may have to delist another either from the rookie list or (more likely) from the seniors.

We will have 2 second round picks (currently picks 31 and 33 assuming GC gets a second 1st round pick) plus a likely rookie upgrade for Draper.

Stewart and Laverde from the seniors are likely contenders to be cut should we need another pick.

From the rookies - Dea and Mynott are likely. I personally think it's a bit unfair on these two given Dea has been solid all year in the VFL, but out of favor and Mynott can't seem to crack the seniors.

Unless there is some other delisted ruck running around somewhere, ZClarke is likely to be kept on as insurance while TBell and (hopefully) Draper share ruck duties (though elsewhere I have said JoeD should be considered for upskilling as a main ruck).

Anyway - I may repackage these musings into a drafte and delistings post in the near future.

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:14 am

s'dreams wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:

It’s Funny Baby Hohn Burgess got anotyer mention, in the past 24 hours.I take it you too saw Browny’s Quiz on The Sunday Footy Show,Famous Faces Board today.Buggered if I remember the other famous faces.
:lol:

MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:09 am

Parish height 1.81m that's 5'9" in the old.

I know most men would like to be robbed of 5 inches.

Also what was with the umpiring in that game last night? Robbed goal and 22 to 11 in their favour, and a large number of just ignored frees. Now they doing equalization on the field.

Just happy to escape with a win.
Regards

MH_Bomber

mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:51 am

That was an unbelievably ugly and was a totally ground glass and arsenic win. Holy crap that was bum breaking.

What an excellent umpiring display for the AFL'S CEO, even with the umpires being cross eyed and cock eyed, we still managed to win, but; what an absolute head banger. We ground out an ugly win and I'm thankful but holy crap our skills were almost as good as the umpiring. The umpires did their very best to give the Gold Coast Sun's, Gill's love children, a gifted win. Somehow we managed to win the game in the dying moments, I hope it was annoying Gil. I hope our blokes are exhausted because I was just watching the game. Would have to be the worst game of the season. If we continue to play that way, surely all we will be doing, is making up numbers for the finals.

I realise we are scratching the bottom of the barrel as a result of injuries to the team. Zac Clarke wins the rs up award, McNiece is not up to it, someone please give Laverde goal kicking practice before I climb up a b1oody goal post.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.

Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:52 am

All things considered, this was a good win. We have a fair chunk of our best 22 out. Been on the road for 2 consecutive weeks. Another impressive come back. Another tick for the young midfield who was up against it in terms of ruck dominance by Witts.

Smack was awesome. So too Stringer. Match winners. And good ol’ Hooksy kicking the clutch goal again!

Can’t figure out the mis-match in height down in defence. What the hell were the selectors thinking? Seriously. Absolute bonkers.

Parish / Redman showed again why they are regarded the most improved. Great stuff from both of them yesterday.

The last quarter heroics from McKernan, Stringer and Hooker. A couple of those on the end of some superb kicking from Tipungwuti and Langford. Some of the passages of play in the dying seconds of games in the past few weeks has been electric.

Now let’s take care of Port.

s'dreams
Club Captain

Post by s'dreams » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:58 pm

grassy1 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:14 am
s'dreams wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:

It’s Funny Baby Hohn Burgess got anotyer mention, in the past 24 hours.I take it you too saw Browny’s Quiz on The Sunday Footy Show,Famous Faces Board today.Buggered if I remember the other famous faces.
:lol:
Nup - Baby John has been so named in the fantasy leagues community because he is, well crap.

s'dreams
Club Captain

Post by s'dreams » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:00 pm

MH_Bomber wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:09 am
Parish height 1.81m that's 5'9" in the old.

I know most men would like to be robbed of 5 inches.

Also what was with the umpiring in that game last night? Robbed goal and 22 to 11 in their favour, and a large number of just ignored frees. Now they doing equalization on the field.

Just happy to escape with a win.
Sorry - cannot read online calculators...