R21 Essendon v Western Bulldogs

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
nudder12
Regular Senior Player

Re: R21 Essendon v Western Bulldogs

Post by nudder12 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:19 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:16 pm
Windy_Hill wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:45 pm
Was I the only one secretly hoping we would be held to one goal? How f****** pathetic is that. Maybe it’s years of being completely betrayed by this club that some evil inner resentment came spilling out.

How sad is it when the opposition supporters are cheering your second goal louder than your own fans. They were completely mocking us as they should
Nope, I was laughing at the fact we only had one goal (after the first 20 seconds of the match lol), and it looked
as though that would be it.

I was laughing at the thought (seriously) if the club would actually assemble an “Every Essendon Goal” video after the match :lol:

And if they didn’t, I would write into them and bitterly complain!
LOL - can't think who the charity is, you know, the one where we donate $1,000 for every goal (or something like that) - but they'll be pissed off tonight.

BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:24 pm

What a debacle that was. Absolute tripe. Embarrassing.

Daisy..1
High Draft Pick

Post by Daisy..1 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:54 pm

nudder12 wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:19 pm
BenDoolan wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:16 pm
Windy_Hill wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:45 pm
Was I the only one secretly hoping we would be held to one goal? How f****** pathetic is that. Maybe it’s years of being completely betrayed by this club that some evil inner resentment came spilling out.

How sad is it when the opposition supporters are cheering your second goal louder than your own fans. They were completely mocking us as they should
Nope, I was laughing at the fact we only had one goal (after the first 20 seconds of the match lol), and it looked
as though that would be it.

I was laughing at the thought (seriously) if the club would actually assemble an “Every Essendon Goal” video after the match :lol:

And if they didn’t, I would write into them and bitterly complain!
LOL - can't think who the charity is, you know, the one where we donate $1,000 for every goal (or something like that) - but they'll be pissed off tonight.
Yep...alot of hungry peeps on the Streets tonight. Hope our boys enjoy their pasta and loaded carbs...

Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:44 am

What an unmitigated disaster :(

I know we were on our knees with injuries, but that was as soft an effort as you’ll get. This goes back to the sort of game that saw Knights and Hird get sacked. Horrid.

No words can describe last night. That wasn’t a team who was trying to maintain a spot in the 8. That was a team who has simply given up for the year.

desmondo
Regular Senior Player

Post by desmondo » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:54 pm

The more I think about it, I`ve been watching the Bombers for fkng ages (like 50 fkng years), BUT that was the most inept and pathetic effort I can truly remember by ANY Essendon team. If we have played worse than that, I would probably remember it, :lol: but I can`t. Did they even realise that, if they win this game they play finals? :?: Sure didn`t play like it. :evil: :roll:

It`s probably best we aren`t playing finals anyway, can you imagine the embarrassment they would cause us against a good team?.

There needs to be BIG changes at the club before any improvement can be expected. :oops: :evil:

s'dreams
Club Captain

Post by s'dreams » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:19 pm

desmondo wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:54 pm
The more I think about it, I`ve been watching the Bombers for fkng ages (like 50 fkng years), BUT that was the most inept and pathetic effort I can truly remember by ANY Essendon team. If we have played worse than that, I would probably remember it, :lol: but I can`t. Did they even realise that, if they win this game they play finals? :?: Sure didn`t play like it. :evil: :roll:

It`s probably best we aren`t playing finals anyway, can you imagine the embarrassment they would cause us against a good team?.

There needs to be BIG changes at the club before any improvement can be expected. :oops: :evil:
I want us playing finals if for no other reason that GWS does not get a top 10 draft pick from our efforts (or lack there of)
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:47 pm

Didn’t see it, not going to see it.

Lack of effort commentary says it all.

However, how much have injuries affected us?
I think our lack of quality depth is exposed.

Poor coaching, poor development, poor selections for game day...essentially this club is a mess...

Since the saga, no balls, no passion, no care...

FFS stand up, be embarrassed, grow a pair and show something.

I have said it before, I would rather have the top up players cause they knew they were fighting for a chance. Sure, many were at the end or just not upto AFL standard, but f*** me they never quit or stopped trying...

I won’t give up on this club, but until the club as a whole show some balls, my expectations will remain low...

desmondo
Regular Senior Player

Post by desmondo » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:14 pm

Crazyman wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:47 pm

Poor coaching, poor development, poor selections for game day...essentially this club is a mess...

I have said it before, I would rather have the top up players cause they knew they were fighting for a chance. Sure, many were at the end or just not upto AFL standard, but f*** me they never quit or stopped trying...

I won’t give up on this club, but until the club as a whole show some balls, my expectations will remain low...
Well Crazy, you were lucky to not actually witness it, and you`re doing yourself a favour by NEVER watching it.

Every team has injuries, BUT, as you say, we have a serious lack of depth in most key areas.

Coaching and piss poor selections on game day are obvious problems.

The saga has had its DESIRED EFFECT, mainly through lack of draft picks. We all know it was designed by certain individuals to bring us down as a power in the competition. Well it/they succeeded.
Last edited by desmondo on Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

s'dreams
Club Captain

Post by s'dreams » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:26 pm

desmondo wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:14 pm
Crazyman wrote:

Well Crazy, you were lucky to not actually witness it, and you`re doing yourself a favour by NEVER watching it.

Every team has injuries, BUT, as you say, we have a serious lack of depth in most key areas.

Coaching and piss poor selections on game day are obvious problems.

The saga has had it`s DESIRED EFFECT, mainly through lack of draft picks. We all know it was designed by certain individuals to bring us down as a power in the competition. Well it/they succeeded.
What was gutting were times when players just stood and looked clueless while the play went on around them. FMD.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

Daisy..1
High Draft Pick

Post by Daisy..1 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:24 pm

Crazyman wrote:

CMan...yes injuries are a HUGE factor hence we probably all thought that game may just be out of our reach on the night...HOWEVER...All of those lazy gits are AFL level players with pay checks to reflect....NO EXCUSES IN MY EYES FOR THAT PERFORMANCE....Loydie and his son would have topped possessions on the night just playing Little Legue...they simply didnt give a stuff....they are just looking forward to the next victim of a piss yellow hair dye job!

MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:18 pm

MH_Bomber wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:15 pm
That was as putrid a performance as I have seen. Are the players trying to get Worsfold sacked?

Can I ask when we’re the two assistants that are leaving been told they are leaving. Has this complete form slump coincided with that?

So once again it’s bye bye Bombers. Sad really.

These players don’t deserve to play for a big club with 85000 odd supporters. Okay at half time we were never going to win it but to not be able to string any semblance of good play together for just 5 minutes.

We left at the 20 mins into the 3rd Quarter.

This moving on of Rob Harding and Paul Corrigan was reported on 12th July.

Opposition strategy coach Rob Harding and forwards coach Paul Corrigan, who played 53 games for Geelong, will complete the season before moving on from the Bombers.

AFL.com.au understands Essendon players and staff were informed on Friday morning that both coaches were set to pursue other opportunities.

So let’s do the Math. 3 weeks ago we nearly lost to Gold Coast who everyone else is beating by 80 points. Maybe the players weren’t happy with changes afoot.
Regards

MH_Bomber

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:43 pm

MH_Bomber wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:18 pm
MH_Bomber wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:15 pm
That was as putrid a performance as I have seen. Are the players trying to get Worsfold sacked?

Can I ask when we’re the two assistants that are leaving been told they are leaving. Has this complete form slump coincided with that?

So once again it’s bye bye Bombers. Sad really.

These players don’t deserve to play for a big club with 85000 odd supporters. Okay at half time we were never going to win it but to not be able to string any semblance of good play together for just 5 minutes.

We left at the 20 mins into the 3rd Quarter.

This moving on of Rob Harding and Paul Corrigan was reported on 12th July.

Opposition strategy coach Rob Harding and forwards coach Paul Corrigan, who played 53 games for Geelong, will complete the season before moving on from the Bombers.

AFL.com.au understands Essendon players and staff were informed on Friday morning that both coaches were set to pursue other opportunities.

So let’s do the Math. 3 weeks ago we nearly lost to Gold Coast who everyone else is beating by 80 points. Maybe the players weren’t happy with changes afoot.
Well, it appears we're putting a yellow sash behind our red sash...

Ben Rutten joined us this season to shore up our defence a la Richmond style
Blake Caracella will join us at the end of the year to power our offence a la Richmond style
Dan Richardson joined us as General Manager to manage us a la Richmond style

So when do we get Dimma?
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:01 pm

We had our chance to get Dimma back in 2008 after Sheeds but only wanted a Yes man in Matthew Knights who told the board how good our list was.

That one stupid decision has cost our club so much.

The Knights era was a debacle and then Hird was fated as the new messiah.
Regards

MH_Bomber

Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:47 pm

Daisy..1 wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:24 pm
Crazyman wrote:

CMan...yes injuries are a HUGE factor hence we probably all thought that game may just be out of our reach on the night...HOWEVER...All of those lazy gits are AFL level players with pay checks to reflect....NO EXCUSES IN MY EYES FOR THAT PERFORMANCE....Loydie and his son would have topped possessions on the night just playing Little Legue...they simply didnt give a stuff....they are just looking forward to the next victim of a piss yellow hair dye job!
Fully agree Daisy, hence my comment about top up players.

The current crop act like spoilt entitled shits that don’t have to worry about consequences cause they get paid anyway...

FFS a player like Myers asked to be dropped, why can’t the coach make a decision like that???

It’s the only reason I want Woosha dumped...

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:37 pm

Hmmm, the club didn’t compile their usual “Every Goal” video this week :-k

What’s the problem? It’ll only take 20 seconds to put together ffs
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!