Fitness / Shitness Staff

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
s'dreams
Club Captain

Re: Fitness Staff

Post by s'dreams » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:00 pm

In a conspiracy based universe, it would sound like someone acted on a "him or me" threat...
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:48 pm

robbie67 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:42 pm
What a surprise! Announcing someone around the edges is leaving after a performance like that. Have to be seen to be doing something. f****** myths.
I guess there is only one Mark Neeld. Have to admit?

robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:23 pm

Windy Hille wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:48 pm
robbie67 wrote:
What a surprise! Announcing someone around the edges is leaving after a performance like that. Have to be seen to be doing something. f****** myths.
Maybe we should sack someone of consequence like the bately breathing carcass of David Zaharakis who is supposedly a leader but has played less than handful of decent games in three years, and doesnt have a defensive bone in his body.

Daisy..1
High Draft Pick

Post by Daisy..1 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:53 pm

robbie67 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:23 pm
Windy Hille wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:48 pm
robbie67 wrote:
Maybe we should sack someone of consequence like the bately breathing carcass of David Zaharakis who is supposedly a leader but has played less than handful of decent games in three years, and doesnt have a defensive bone in his body.
But..........He Sure is PRETTY!!

robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:50 pm

Make no mistake Daisy, I’d jump your bones any day, but wouldn’t give you a game.

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:24 pm

robbie67 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:50 pm
Make no mistake Daisy, I’d jump your bones any day, but wouldn’t give you a game.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, couldn’t help but laugh at that Daisy
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:54 pm

From the Essendon Fc website;

After nine years of service to the Essendon Football Club, physical performance manager Justin Crow will depart the Bombers at season’s end.

Both the club and Crow have agreed to mutually part ways, with Crow set to weigh up opportunities both within football and other sports over the coming months.

Crow joined Essendon in early 2011 and has held several positions during his time at the Bombers, with his most recent role as physical performance manager.

The clean out continues...
Regards

MH_Bomber

Daisy..1
High Draft Pick

Post by Daisy..1 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:32 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:24 pm
robbie67 wrote:

Ummm....EXCUSE ME!!!!! Given last week i would have been BOG!!!
OOH...and thank you for that lovely "compliment"...nice to know you may favour me over your socks!!

Daisy..1
High Draft Pick

Post by Daisy..1 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:35 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
robbie67 wrote:

And UP YOUR BUM BENNY! I thought we had a nice repore'(sp) going.... We ALL know not to give Roberto momentum....as much as i and (some....very very slim SOME..love it).....ssssh...

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:02 am

Daisy..1 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:35 pm
BenDoolan wrote:
robbie67 wrote:

And UP YOUR BUM BENNY! I thought we had a nice repore'(sp) going.... We ALL know not to give Roberto momentum....as much as i and (some....very very slim SOME..love it).....ssssh...
Haha, the kick up the bum is deserved :lol:

For what it’s worth, I’d give you a game :wink:

In fact, I’d make you skipper. You inspire me!
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:47 am

BenDoolan wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:02 am
Daisy..1 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:35 pm
BenDoolan wrote:
robbie67 wrote:

Haha, the kick up the bum is deserved :lol:

For what it’s worth, I’d give you a game :wink:

In fact, I’d make you skipper. You inspire me!
Jesus. Get a room. With a mirrored ceiling.

rockhole
Club Captain

Post by rockhole » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:11 pm

FMD!! This is turning into a soap opera!!
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark

Daisy..1
High Draft Pick

Post by Daisy..1 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:32 pm

rockhole wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:11 pm
That tends to happen when Robbie shows up! :lol:

Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:28 pm

Daisy..1 wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:32 pm
rockhole wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:11 pm
That tends to happen when Robbie shows up! :lol:
More so when ppl respond to him 😉

mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:21 pm

MH_Bomber wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:54 pm
From the Essendon Fc website;

After nine years of service to the Essendon Football Club, physical performance manager Justin Crow will depart the Bombers at season’s end.

Both the club and Crow have agreed to mutually part ways, with Crow set to weigh up opportunities both within football and other sports over the coming months.

Crow joined Essendon in early 2011 and has held several positions during his time at the Bombers, with his most recent role as physical performance manager.

The clean out continues...from the middle AND BOTTOM OF THE LADDER. What about further up the chain.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.

mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:32 am

MH_Bomber wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:13 am
Suaviter in Modo, Fortiter in Re (Gently in manner, resolutely in execution)

The actual opposite of much of our playing performance in the last 15 years.

Funny mdso you are contemplating not renewing your membership because after that insipid effort that was the very thing that went through my mind. Why am forking a significant bread for 2 membership when
all the players seem to worried about is the colour their hair and how lairy their boots look.

We missed two players with loads of ticker on Saturday and that was Guelfi and Saad. I know Guelfi donned the peroxide blonde but Harvey issued him the ultimatum 'you better you be able to back that up' and he largely has. Saad has been outstanding this year.

Playing Heppell was a disaster against a running machine like the Dogs. Both he and Hooker effectively cant run. Get him that operation right away. Get Hooker's back / sciatica sorted out. This was the game to try ZT, Mosquito and Jok. We needed serious pace.

We need some A Grade fitness and conditioning people because what has been happening just isnt up to scratch.

Once again we are looking spent and worn well before the business end of the season.

If that is the case what is going on with training loads. The fact the Guelfi got injured at training is just ridiculous.
Someone ought to keep saying that to the players over and over again. I would say most of them have never heard those words let alone what they actually mean.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.

s'dreams
Club Captain

Post by s'dreams » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:34 am

mdso wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:32 am
MH_Bomber wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:13 am
Suaviter in Modo, Fortiter in Re (Gently in manner, resolutely in execution)

The actual opposite of much of our playing performance in the last 15 years.

[snip]

If that is the case what is going on with training loads. The fact the Guelfi got injured at training is just ridiculous.
Someone ought to keep saying that to the players over and over again. I would say most of them have never heard those words let alone what they actually mean.
Doesn't resolutely mean the are playing in the VFL this weekend?

nudder12
Regular Senior Player

Post by nudder12 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:07 pm

Essendon has appointed Sean Murphy to the newly created role of head of strength and conditioning.

The highly regarded Murphy arrives at the Bombers with over 13 years of experience in elite sport, most recently at Hawthorn as head of strength and conditioning.

Arriving at Hawthorn in 2012, Murphy served a strong apprenticeship under then-director of high performance Andrew Russell, a period which included the Hawks’ 2013, ’14 and ’15 premierships. He was also head of strength and conditioning at Box Hill Hawks - Hawthorn's VFL affiliate.

Prior to his stint at Hawthorn, Murphy was the high performance manager for Eastern Ranges and the strength, conditioning and rehabilitation coordinator at Cricket Tasmania for state cricket team Tasmanian Tigers. He has also previously worked at the Tasmanian Institute of Sport.

"I’m genuinely excited. I’ve probably used the word ‘pumped’ with a few people. I’ve loved my time at Hawthorn, but I’m really excited about joining the ranks here and seeing what we can do over the next few years," Murphy said.

"At a club like this, it’s an honour to step into these surrounds and hopefully make an impact."

As part of the club’s new streamlined structure across the medical and fitness departments, David Rundle has been elevated to the role of head of medical services, with both roles reporting directly into general manager of football Dan Richardson.

Richardson said he was thrilled to welcome Murphy to the red and black family.

“We are delighted to appoint Sean to the role of head of strength and conditioning, with Sean to also work closely with Dave (Rundle) in the newly created head of medical services position,” Richardson said.

“Having been involved in three premierships during his time at Hawthorn, Sean knows what a successful AFL program looks like and we’re delighted to have secured someone of his calibre.

“We also congratulate Dave Rundle on his elevation to a new position too. With this new structure, we feel the club is well resourced and positioned to continue to provide our players and teams with an environment based around care and support, ultimately giving the best possible chance of maximising their potential to ensure future success for our football programs.”

Murphy will officially commence his role in early November.

s'dreams
Club Captain

Post by s'dreams » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:21 pm

nudder12 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:07 pm
Essendon has appointed Sean Murphy to the newly created role of head of strength and conditioning.

The highly regarded Murphy arrives at the Bombers with over 13 years of experience in elite sport, most recently at Hawthorn as head of strength and conditioning.

Arriving at Hawthorn in 2012, Murphy served a strong apprenticeship under then-director of high performance Andrew Russell, a period which included the Hawks’ 2013, ’14 and ’15 premierships. He was also head of strength and conditioning at Box Hill Hawks - Hawthorn's VFL affiliate.

Prior to his stint at Hawthorn, Murphy was the high performance manager for Eastern Ranges and the strength, conditioning and rehabilitation coordinator at Cricket Tasmania for state cricket team Tasmanian Tigers. He has also previously worked at the Tasmanian Institute of Sport.

"I’m genuinely excited. I’ve probably used the word ‘pumped’ with a few people. I’ve loved my time at Hawthorn, but I’m really excited about joining the ranks here and seeing what we can do over the next few years," Murphy said.

"At a club like this, it’s an honour to step into these surrounds and hopefully make an impact."

As part of the club’s new streamlined structure across the medical and fitness departments, David Rundle has been elevated to the role of head of medical services, with both roles reporting directly into general manager of football Dan Richardson.

Richardson said he was thrilled to welcome Murphy to the red and black family.

“We are delighted to appoint Sean to the role of head of strength and conditioning, with Sean to also work closely with Dave (Rundle) in the newly created head of medical services position,” Richardson said.

“Having been involved in three premierships during his time at Hawthorn, Sean knows what a successful AFL program looks like and we’re delighted to have secured someone of his calibre.

“We also congratulate Dave Rundle on his elevation to a new position too. With this new structure, we feel the club is well resourced and positioned to continue to provide our players and teams with an environment based around care and support, ultimately giving the best possible chance of maximising their potential to ensure future success for our football programs.”

Murphy will officially commence his role in early November.
f***...Another week, another restructure.

Well anyway, the new dude seems to have the right pedigree (Hawks conditioning in the seconds where most of the work should be done) AND as a bonus, he looks nothing like "The Weapon".

Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:02 pm

Well, good to see the club putting some solid appointments into this department. Hopefully a new program will make our guys fitter and stronger 8)