Myths

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 8442
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: Myths

Post by grassy1 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:01 pm

Cardinals,Falcons!

Who Polly Farmer,no less coached to a couple of Flags.

User avatar
Gimps
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 7846
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:11 pm
Location: Bumfuck Idaho

Re: Myths

Post by Gimps » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:05 pm

Don’t worry Robbie, Langford will save the day! Then Windy Hille will be vindicated =D>

Crazyman
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 7062
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:51 pm
Location: Sydney (Don't hold it against me)
Contact:

Re: Myths

Post by Crazyman » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:27 pm

Gimps wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:05 pm
Don’t worry Robbie, Langford will save the day! Then Windy Hille will be vindicated =D>
:lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Daisy..1
High Draft Pick
Posts: 951
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:28 pm

Re: Myths

Post by Daisy..1 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:57 pm

Here is a perfect example of your No.3 Myth....

Worsfold's view on the playing list

"This list has been amazing in the last three to four years in terms of what they’ve achieved. They’ve come out of something that had the potential to derail this footy club, and the fact they’ve made finals in one year, been on the cusp in other years and this year hopefully playing finals, is quite remarkable."

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Image

User avatar
robbie67
Essendon Legend
Posts: 16094
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:00 pm

Re: Myths

Post by robbie67 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:15 pm

Daisy..1 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:57 pm
Here is a perfect example of your No.3 Myth....

Worsfold's view on the playing list

"This list has been amazing in the last three to four years in terms of what they’ve achieved. They’ve come out of something that had the potential to derail this footy club, and the fact they’ve made finals in one year, been on the cusp in other years and this year hopefully playing finals, is quite remarkable."

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Mediocre expectations of a mediocre football club.

User avatar
robbie67
Essendon Legend
Posts: 16094
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:00 pm

Re: Myths

Post by robbie67 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:15 pm

Gimps wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:05 pm
Don’t worry Robbie, Langford will save the day! Then Windy Hille will be vindicated =D>
Speaking of mediocre.

User avatar
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 12276
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:23 pm

Re: Myths

Post by Windy_Hill » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:50 pm

Gimps wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:05 pm
Don’t worry Robbie, Langford will save the day! Then Windy Hille will be vindicated =D>
Can we just be clear on one thing here, he is referring to Windy Hille with an E.

User avatar
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 1022
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Re: Myths

Post by Windy Hille » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:18 pm

Gimps wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:05 pm
Don’t worry Robbie, Langford will save the day! Then Windy Hille will be vindicated =D>
Definitely far more chance of that happening than your “Josh Green the saviour of our forward line” :wink:

Remember them days Mr Gimps?

User avatar
Daisy..1
High Draft Pick
Posts: 951
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:28 pm

Re: Myths

Post by Daisy..1 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:52 pm

Windy_Hill wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:50 pm
Gimps wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:05 pm
Don’t worry Robbie, Langford will save the day! Then Windy Hille will be vindicated =D>
Can we just be clear on one thing here, he is referring to Windy Hille with an E.
Jesus....you two are confusing the hell out of me....don't know which is the good twin or the bad twin....no offence to the "Bad Twin".... 😛
Image

User avatar
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 12276
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:23 pm

Re: Myths

Post by Windy_Hill » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:03 pm

Daisy..1 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:52 pm
Windy_Hill wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:50 pm
Gimps wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:05 pm
Don’t worry Robbie, Langford will save the day! Then Windy Hille will be vindicated =D>
Can we just be clear on one thing here, he is referring to Windy Hille with an E.
Jesus....you two are confusing the hell out of me....don't know which is the good twin or the bad twin....no offence to the "Bad Twin".... 😛
its not so much Good and Bad but rather Dumb and Dumber

User avatar
Daisy..1
High Draft Pick
Posts: 951
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:28 pm

Re: Myths

Post by Daisy..1 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:06 pm

Windy_Hill wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:03 pm
Daisy..1 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:52 pm
Windy_Hill wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:50 pm
Gimps wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:05 pm
Don’t worry Robbie, Langford will save the day! Then Windy Hille will be vindicated =D>
Can we just be clear on one thing here, he is referring to Windy Hille with an E.
Jesus....you two are confusing the hell out of me....don't know which is the good twin or the bad twin....no offence to the "Bad Twin".... 😛
its not so much Good and Bad but rather Dumb and Dumber
Or we can equate it to my favourite subject...glass of wine..referably RED...is it half FULL or half EMPTY?
MINE IS ALWAYS EMPTY!!!!
Image

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 8442
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: Myths

Post by grassy1 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:14 am

Then Full,then empty,full,empty again,.........hic! :lol:

User avatar
s'dreams
Club Captain
Posts: 4326
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:48 pm

Re: Myths

Post by s'dreams » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:59 am

Daisy..1 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:57 pm
Here is a perfect example of your No.3 Myth....

Worsfold's view on the playing list

"This list has been amazing in the last three to four years in terms of what they’ve achieved. They’ve come out of something that had the potential to derail this footy club, and the fact they’ve made finals in one year, been on the cusp in other years and this year hopefully playing finals, is quite remarkable."

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Whoever the coach is in 2020.

This shit has to be put behind us and not used ass an excuse or consideration anymore.

Fact is, the majority of players on our list weren't involved in the program and only the suckheads use it as a lame excuse for achievement.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

User avatar
MH_Bomber
Club Captain
Posts: 3427
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:16 pm
Location: Hughesdale

Re: Myths

Post by MH_Bomber » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:27 am

If this happened it would be more than a myth it would be a miracle...

1. We lose to Freo but win against Collingwood to finish 8th

2. Other results go our way to avoid ant interstate final I.e.

R22
Geelong best Brisbane
Adelaide beat Collingwood
Richmond best West Coast
Giants beat the Dogs

R23
Hawthorn beat West Coast
Richmond beat Brisbane

3. W1 finals
Essendon beat Collingwood
Geelong beat west Coast
Giants beat Port
Brisbane beat Richmond

4. W2 finals
Giants beat West Coast
Essendon beats Richmond

5. Prelim Finals
Essendon beat Geelong
Brisbane or Giants win

6.
ESSENDON WIN GRAND FINAL 17

7. Robbie has to admit we are a good side after all

:D :D :D
Regards

MH_Bomber

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 8442
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: Myths

Post by grassy1 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:49 am

I think you are dreaming MH.

Nice though,the ending is. :wink:

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 25799
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Myths

Post by BenDoolan » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:24 am

MH_Bomber wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:27 am
If this happened it would be more than a myth it would be a miracle...

1. We lose to Freo but win against Collingwood to finish 8th

2. Other results go our way to avoid ant interstate final I.e.

R22
Geelong best Brisbane
Adelaide beat Collingwood
Richmond best West Coast
Giants beat the Dogs

R23
Hawthorn beat West Coast
Richmond beat Brisbane

3. W1 finals
Essendon beat Collingwood
Geelong beat west Coast
Giants beat Port
Brisbane beat Richmond

4. W2 finals
Giants beat West Coast
Essendon beats Richmond

5. Prelim Finals
Essendon beat Geelong
Brisbane or Giants win

6.
ESSENDON WIN GRAND FINAL 17

7. Robbie has to admit we are a good side after all

:D :D :D
Hahaha :lol: =D>

There’s Myth...and then there’s Meth

It’s a fine line :wink: :lol:
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

User avatar
MH_Bomber
Club Captain
Posts: 3427
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:16 pm
Location: Hughesdale

Re: Myths

Post by MH_Bomber » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:28 pm

MH_Bomber wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:27 am

If this happened it would be more than a myth it would be a miracle...

1. Okay we win finish 7th. Win against Collingwood we play them the first week of the finals at the G OR lose against Collingwood and we play GWS up there in Sydney ( should not be allowed to be played at their boutique stations!)✔

Either way I think we can win against either of those sides if we bring the good Essendon version of the team.

:D :D :D
Regards

MH_Bomber

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 8442
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: Myths

Post by grassy1 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:48 pm

A Good Start helps your theory,MH!😏

User avatar
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 1022
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Re: Myths

Post by Windy Hille » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:50 am

Oh look, the Myths made the finals!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
rockhole
Club Captain
Posts: 4839
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:31 am
Location: La Grange

Re: Myths

Post by rockhole » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:53 pm

If Essendon was a racehorse, they would have been swabbed and disqualified for the previous two weeks performances. These were not just 3 or 4 goal losses, but absolute thrashings. Also, these defeats were off the back of successive wins, a couple of which were outstanding.
Then, we go Interstate, never a good move, and convincingly beat Freo on their own patch.

Such form reversal is not coincidental. Such huge form reversals can usually be attributed to a massive internal shitfight that we do not hear about for several years. Sometimes this works in our favour as per the Neeld dismissal. Generally, however, it is usually a negative outcome and totally impossible to fathom.

I simply do not subscribe to the usual outpourings that we are totally shit, have no spine, have no leaders, have no coaching staff etc etc. if we were so shithouse, we would not be playing finals. And if this was the case, then there are 11 teams that are shittier than we are.

Don't confuse "rose coloured glasses" with hope. I go to every Melbourne game in the "hope" that we are going to win. I follow the entire season in the hope that we will contest the finals. And I hope to witness another flag before I fall off the twig. Without hope, you may as well go and sit in the Heatly stand and follow a really shit team.

I have been luck enough to witnessed 6 flags, so there are still a lot of credits in the bank in my support for Essendon. This has been really hard yards, even worse than the "70"s, and who knows if we have turned the corner. But if you are constantly focussing on the negatives, I cannot imagine what enjoyment you could derive from following the Dons. Maybe softball may be more appealing!!!
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark

Post Reply