R23 Essendon v Collingwood

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Re: R23 Essendon v Collingwood

Post by Rover99 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:11 pm

s'dreams wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:48 pm
f****** cheating f****** asswipe maggotts

Laverde mark slapped out of his hands (so should have been 50 and certain goal) instead a 12 point turnaround as they run it up the other end for a goal.

pigfuckers!
Most blatant cheating Ive seen in ages :twisted:

stryper
High Draft Pick

Post by stryper » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:20 pm

Cheating f****.
Every time...
Over the shit...
Garbage.
Absolute Garbage...

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:23 pm

Given the quality missing, can’t fault the effort. Just lacked composure when it mattered in the final term.

Now, I am not prone to blaming umpires but that was a cun t of a f****** shitbag effort from those lime green steaming turds

billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:30 pm

Some good signs tonight. McKernan and Tippa really good. Last ten minutes we played really poorly, turning it over many times. Maybe we ran out of legs.

Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:46 pm

We did well to get as close as we did but at great cost if we've lost Hurley. They slaughtered us in the ruck and beat us in almost every other area and the maggots did the rest. Absolute blatant cheating for all to see.. Their marking in particular was strong and consistent whereas I don't remember us marking once in a pack in our attacking 50 - but still we bombed away regardless.. Just lucky they couldnt kick straight at the end. Our disposal by hand and foot was generally crap and our game plan seemed non existant. Tippa was brilliant and a lot of the others put everything they had into it but of course it wasn't enough. I dont think either team can take anything from tonight's game into the finals and all we can do is hope that our better players are back and firing in 2 weeks. I do think if Stringer and Raz had have been fit they could have steadied the game and got us over the line tonight. Players like Laverde and Brown were too easy to brush off by a team like the Pies.

bpdons
High Draft Pick

Post by bpdons » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:58 pm

Super impressed with the heart and determination tonight. In front of a massive crowd we threw our bodies on the line and had a crack. Every player can walk off with theirs heads held high. We forced Collingwood wide and really restricted easy access infront of goal.

A real shame about Hurley. Francis did well to stay on. I suspect he’s going to be extremely sore tomorrow.

We can beat them and they know it. Umpiring decisions of non paid marks and fairy ones the other way such as a 50m penalty for walking backwards forcing the ball to hit the ground. McKernan took some seriously good pack marks. Walla played like he had the ball on a string.

With Such a limited forward line to convert well and apply pressure after the contest.
I was at neAr ground level and our boys were blowing hard in the last 10 minutes - we just couldn’t run.

Im super happy with the players tonight.

nudder12
Regular Senior Player

Post by nudder12 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:25 pm

s'dreams wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:05 pm
Daisy..1 wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:44 pm
Looks like our other personalities have turned up for 2nd quarter!!
They shut down Parish......... Saad has only had 4 touches so far.
And they managed to mostly nullify Hurley as well. Well coached Buckley. If we play them in 2 weeks, hopefully we have a plan to switch those outcomes around.

nudder12
Regular Senior Player

Post by nudder12 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:27 pm

Rover99 wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:14 pm
We are working twice as hard as them for little advantage......
Skills were poor a lot of the time. Decision making questionable quite often too.

nudder12
Regular Senior Player

Post by nudder12 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:34 pm

billyduckworth wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:30 pm
Some good signs tonight. McKernan and Tippa really good. Last ten minutes we played really poorly, turning it over many times. Maybe we ran out of legs.
If I hadn't watched the game, and this was the only comment I read, I'd think you were talking about the Anzac Day game!

MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:39 pm

That was the most blatant umpire game rigging. They succeeded in influencing the outcome.

HOLDING THE BALL - NOT PAID

MARKS - NOT PAID

HEAD HIGH TACKLES ON US- NOT PAID

They certainly wanted to make sure Collingwood finish in the top 4.
Regards

MH_Bomber

nudder12
Regular Senior Player

Post by nudder12 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:42 pm

Rover99 wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:46 pm
We did well to get as close as we did but at great cost if we've lost Hurley. They slaughtered us in the ruck and beat us in almost every other area and the maggots did the rest. Absolute blatant cheating for all to see.. Their marking in particular was strong and consistent whereas I don't remember us marking once in a pack in our attacking 50 - but still we bombed away regardless.. Just lucky they couldnt kick straight at the end. Our disposal by hand and foot was generally crap and our game plan seemed non existant. Tippa was brilliant and a lot of the others put everything they had into it but of course it wasn't enough. I dont think either team can take anything from tonight's game into the finals and all we can do is hope that our better players are back and firing in 2 weeks. I do think if Stringer and Raz had have been fit they could have steadied the game and got us over the line tonight. Players like Laverde and Brown were too easy to brush off by a team like the Pies.
Mostly accurate I thought. McKernan the only one who could take a contested mark. I'm constantly frustrated by Laverde & Begley who get their hands on it regularly but can't hold them. They're big boys. Disappointing.
Disposal was very poor after quarter time.
Many tried hard but let themselves down with disposal and/or decision making.
I'm not so sure getting our stars back will help a lot - we were starved on inside 50's, so hard to see where Stringer or Fantasia would have an impact.
The game plan! First quarter - play chaos, quick hands through congestion. Rest of the game - avoid kicking to contest/congestion at all cost!! Weird. And instead of that, we tried to make cute/impossible kicks just to avoid a contest, but turned it over.

s'dreams
Club Captain

Post by s'dreams » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:45 am

billyduckworth wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:30 pm
This. I hd the impression that the message was sent out that the win was not as important as making it through the rest of the game without injury. The switch was pulled and the pies could easily have piled on 3 or 4 goals rather than 5 points.

Re the umps - there were at least 2 crowd frees given, one being the deliberate against Saad. Also why was a 50 awarded against McKernan when Treloar (or Elliott hard to tell the diff) was busy mouthing off for 30 seconds with no 50?

The maggots have long memories. f***heads
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:29 am

Fair effort,disappointing result when we had our chances to Win.

Umpiring? Hmmmmmm,........ #-o

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:18 am

I don’t normally comment on umpiring, and most of you would know that over the years. But last night, in my humble opinion, these maggots just went out with the mindset of looking for ‘Essendon infringements’.

Every “grapple”, every marking contest, every tackle, was just looking for our infringement.

Of course, when they show footage of them, they’ll say “well [enter any red & black name] did grab, push, hold [enter any umpire prostitute name]”.

But what you won’t see, is any footage of non-decisions when they did it.

Love the face fend off on Francis 👍🏼
Love the front on contact on Browndog while trying to mark 👍🏼
Love the shove in the back on Ambrose by Hoskin-Elliott 😘

PLAY ON!!!

I could go on and on here...
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:32 am

If Dick Reynolds was still with us mate,he may have said “Ben Doolan has said everything.I concur!”

Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:53 am

We were under the maggots microscope last night in a blatant 1 sided display. Even forgetting the two 50s we were robbed of and the rebounds that shouldn't have happened after that the bulshit we were subjected to was disgraceful. Just glad my TV set Survived the Night :twisted: :twisted:

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:20 am

It was a right cow of a performance and we should have said “Moooooooooooooo!” to really take the piss out of the slime greens!

Or give a soccer like chant,” Who’s your father referee?!Got no father,you’re a bastard”,etc,etc etc,.......... :roll:

Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:23 am

This was an impressive display by us. Losing Hurley and Franger (parts of the game) meant we were up against it - especially with so many quality players out to start with.

Hoping to see the likes of Fantasia, Heppell, Stringer, and Hooker firing on all cylinders in the Elimination Final.

As for last night, we’ll played AMT and Smack. Clearly our best out there. The likes of Ham, Begley, Hartley, Laverde all busted their guts.

s'dreams
Club Captain

Post by s'dreams » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:17 am

Well if the club doesnt ask the AFL for a please explain, then we are basically conceding our next game.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:05 pm

s'dreams wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:17 am
Well if the club doesnt ask the AFL for a please explain, then we are basically conceding our next game.
Yep,fully agree.Short of throwing a football at their bloody heads,to wake ‘em up! :evil: