When is Enough, Enough?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

When is Enough, Enough?

Post by Windy_Hill » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:26 pm

anybody who can honestly say we are going anywhere as a football club needs serious medical help

I am fed up with the "rose coloured glasses" brigade mounting excuse after excuse for the shit we deliver with more reliability than UPS.

Idiots who blow smoke up the arses of dead set average players and who make comparisons of those players with past champions.

This club is a rotting corpse of what it once was.

Clean out the deadwood, coaching panel and administration and issue a f****** apology to the 85,000 who gave up their hard earned to support instagramming, latte drinking, hair dying mummy's boys.

stryper
High Draft Pick

Re: When is Enough, Enough?

Post by stryper » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:43 pm

Heads Must roll...
Enough is f****** Enough...
Over this over rated shit.

Daisy..1
High Draft Pick

Post by Daisy..1 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:47 pm

I am trying to breathe..but...this joke of a club can go and get f*****....tonight was the final straw...i expected a loss..but ...its HOW YOU LOSE

billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:49 pm

The whole thing tonight was just SO predictable.

Same old, same old.

15 years without a finals win is an absolute embarrassment.

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:53 pm

and by the way...if i hear anyone associated with the club say "thats not who we are as a footy club, that's not our brand"...wake up moron, that's exactly your brand!!!

MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:55 pm

Another thrashing in a final. So disappointing.

Most were absolutely crap. I would let Fantasia go. I would say Hooker see ya mate you cant go anymore.

Those that stood up tonight - Francis, McGrath maybe Redman, cant think of too many others. I like that Langford actually challenged Nic Nat when he threw Merrett into the fence.

The most disappointing thing was how many of their goals were caused directly by our crap play. Direct turn overs, stupid kicks to McGovern, half arsed lazy gutless tackling.

We actually had a few snippets where we looked like we could get back only to have our hopes dashed by a piece of shockingly bad play. Each time that happened it resulted in a twogoal turn around.

I hark back to the team that played Collingwood. We seemed a lot better. No Heppell no Hooker no Stringer. We seemed pacier. Fantasia also didnt play.

Will Worsfold survive this? As much as I have thought it's not a time for sacking the coach tonight I feel like I would sack all the coaches and those players who were insipid tonight.😪🙁

As bad as we were The Eagles punished every mistake with clinical precision.
Regards

MH_Bomber

nudder12
Regular Senior Player

Post by nudder12 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:31 pm

MH_Bomber wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:55 pm

The most disappointing thing was how many of their goals were caused directly by our crap play. Direct turn overs, stupid kicks to McGovern, half arsed lazy gutless tackling.

We actually had a few snippets where we looked like we could get back only to have our hopes dashed by a piece of shockingly bad play. Each time that happened it resulted in a twogoal turn around.

I'm sticking by us.
We made enough plays, we had our chances, we COULD have been in this. But as you say, disposal was our downfall. Fix that and the game would have looked a lot different. Credit to Eagles for their clinical taking advantage of our mistakes.

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:36 pm

We had our chances?

Come on, we were impotent up forward, naive down back and headless chickens in the middle

They won by 10 goals, should have been 15

I will always stick by this club...but not the vast majority of these players and definitely not the coaches

Royza
Club Captain

Post by Royza » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:40 pm

John 'We'll be ready for Round 1', 'We'll learn from this', 'We didn't play our brand of footy' Worsfold.

Where did we improve this year, what did we learn other than how bad our gameplan is.
If we're not playing our brand of footy, than maybe we just can't learn from the teacher.

Same issues most games (only shit teams let us get away with our crap):
Go forward, f*** it up: Watch it go coast to coast.
Go forward, kick a point: Watch it get out easily.
Kick in: predictable kick to just outside 50m with no decent marking option. No way out.
Ruck contest: Tap it to the opposition.

The only thing we do well is run it from HB after an opposition turnover & then we have to hold our breath that we don't bomb it long to disadvantage.

nudder12
Regular Senior Player

Post by nudder12 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:42 pm

Windy_Hill wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:36 pm
We had our chances?

Come on, we were impotent up forward, naive down back and headless chickens in the middle

They won by 10 goals, should have been 15

I will always stick by this club...but not the vast majority of these players and definitely not the coaches
Late in the 3rd, we had a lot of the game on our terms. One more goal and we were within 19 points.
Given everything we'd done wrong, that was encouraging.
IF (big if) we'd hit some targets, we would have been right in it.

s'dreams
Club Captain

Post by s'dreams » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:33 am

Royza wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:40 pm
John 'We'll be ready for Round 1', 'We'll learn from this', 'We didn't play our brand of footy' Worsfold.

Where did we improve this year, what did we learn other than how bad our gameplan is.
If we're not playing our brand of footy, than maybe we just can't learn from the teacher.

Kick in: predictable kick to just outside 50m with no decent marking option. No way out.

The only thing we do well is run it from HB after an opposition turnover & then we have to hold our breath that we don't bomb it long to disadvantage.
Nearly every kick-in went long aiming at the pack containing Bellchambers. But, Hickey and NicNat owned his ass last night.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:16 am

s'dreams wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:33 am
Royza wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:40 pm

Nearly every kick-in went long aiming at the pack containing Bellchambers. But, Hickey and NicNat owned his ass last night.
I am serious when I say we need to cut Bellchambers and Zombie Clarke off the list. Totally f****** useless. I don’t care if we have no-one else on the list as ruckmen, but these two are so bloody pathetic, it’s like we have no ruckmen on the list anyway. f***. Em. Orf
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:09 pm

nudder12 wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:31 pm
MH_Bomber wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:55 pm

I'm sticking by us.
We made enough plays, we had our chances, we COULD have been in this. But as you say, disposal was our downfall. Fix that and the game would have looked a lot different. Credit to Eagles for their clinical taking advantage of our mistakes.
Not just disposals, our ruck was crap, our fwd line was non existant we put nil pressure on the opposing team and our defence was consistently beaten. Next year clear the decks we build from scratch again with a young team with Heroes like Zerk t Dylan Clarke , Snelling, Redman , Draper and hopefully Moz

Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:24 pm

I think there is more upside than downside after last night. Just some tweaks and twiddles will improve our chances next year provided we get back the injured key players we had missing for this year and those who were chrominance injuries as well this year. The coaching panel will improve and the medic compartment is also being refreshed.

The performance of McGrath and Francis were excellent. They showed that they have what it takes to play under pressure against quality opposition. It is a good sign.

Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:34 pm

Windy Hille wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:24 pm
I think there is more upside than downside after last night. Just some tweaks and twiddles will improve our chances next year provided we get back the injured key players we had missing for this year and those who were chrominance injuries as well this year. The coaching panel will improve and the medic compartment is also being refreshed.

The performance of McGrath and Francis were excellent. They showed that they have what it takes to play under pressure against quality opposition. It is a good sign.
Upside??..Tweaks and twiddles??? Are you serious. This was our final, our end game for the season and we didn't give it even half the effort we gave in round 23. Only 3 or 4 players were actually effective.
Essendon exposed its weaknesses like never before in front of the fans and I feel confident that no other team in th 8 will put on such a miserable display.
I'm not sure about Draper (I sincerely hope he returns and is in the clear), Given up on Joe completely and only Smith do I have some confidence in being actually effective. Now we need a wrecking ball, not a bloody tweak!
As Ben says, next year, I'm going to judge our chances on how we look the minute we come out of the blocks in the pre-season comp and if its shite like this year, I'll just follow Essendon in the paper.

Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:05 am

Rover99 wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:34 pm
Windy Hille wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:24 pm

Upside??..Tweaks and twiddles??? Are you serious. This was our final, our end game for the season and we didn't give it even half the effort we gave in round 23. Only 3 or 4 players were actually effective.
Essendon exposed its weaknesses like never before in front of the fans and I feel confident that no other team in th 8 will put on such a miserable display.
I'm not sure about Draper (I sincerely hope he returns and is in the clear), Given up on Joe completely and only Smith do I have some confidence in being actually effective. Now we need a wrecking ball, not a bloody tweak!
As Ben says, next year, I'm going to judge our chances on how we look the minute we come out of the blocks in the pre-season comp and if its shite like this year, I'll just follow Essendon in the paper.
Yes, but you’re looking at this game in your dilation. What you need to do is factorise it. We went into the game with 5 changes. This was a desperate attempt to get these names on paper to make it look as though we’re at ‘full strengrth’ but these guys were far from fully fit. It was a roll of the dice 🎲 in an attempt to see if these big names can get us over the line. We wouldn’t have won with the likes of Hartley, BZT, Ridley, D. Clarke running around with our youngsters, so they thought our returning injured stars could be more competitive. It just didn’t work.

Next season is just a matter of tweak and twiddle. Get them fit and fixed. Keep them that way. And I believe things will improve dramatically.

Change of fitness programs, medical approach, and stiller will benefit. You can bank on it!