Round 1 Versus Freo

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Post Reply
User avatar
Ronny Rotten
High Draft Pick
Posts: 976
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:21 pm

Round 1 Versus Freo

Post by Ronny Rotten » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:15 pm

At last we a home game round 1 against Freo. Saturday afternoon at Marvel probably with the roof open & for those on the South East side getting sunburnt & being unable to see the game without a sun visor. :oops: :oops:

Is this "so so" game going to be played for the "ZAC CLARK" cup? vingertje =D>

In other news the ANZAC day game seems becomes a twi-light 4:30 game. afl GAGF.

We also lose the Good Friday game, even though we had almost a capacity crowd in 2019.Generating more funds for the Good Friday appeal but Peter Gordon had a whinge about his dogs not getting the game so the afl bent over. Really but who cares, give this game to the ordinary tin rattler clubs.

Rover99
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 1462
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:23 am

Re: Round 1 Versus Freo

Post by Rover99 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:29 pm

According to the papers yesterday it was nearly going to be called the "Sandilands Cup." Anybody got any more goss on that?

User avatar
s'dreams
Club Captain
Posts: 4337
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:48 pm

Re: Round 1 Versus Freo

Post by s'dreams » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:56 pm

Rover99 wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:29 pm
According to the papers yesterday it was nearly going to be called the "Sandilands Cup." Anybody got any more goss on that?
Allegedly we medically tested the 36 year old for a backup ruck position. Thankfully it fell through when he demanded a 2 year contract to come across.

The AFL morons must have thought it was a lot closer to coming off than it did. And why the AFL fixturing people think that we need the"spice" of playing our first game against someone we recruited from... well f*** me they are simple minded.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

User avatar
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 12311
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:23 pm

Re: Round 1 Versus Freo

Post by Windy_Hill » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:18 pm

The Colyer Johnson McPhee Solomon Delaney Cup

User avatar
s'dreams
Club Captain
Posts: 4337
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:48 pm

Re: Round 1 Versus Freo

Post by s'dreams » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:22 pm

Windy_Hill wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:18 pm
The Colyer Johnson McPhee Solomon Delaney Cup
The Lloyd Lucas Harvey Colyer Johnson McPhee Solomon Delaney Cup. (who is Delaney?)
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

User avatar
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 12311
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:23 pm

Re: Round 1 Versus Freo

Post by Windy_Hill » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:09 pm

s'dreams wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:22 pm
Windy_Hill wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:18 pm
The Colyer Johnson McPhee Solomon Delaney Cup
The Lloyd Lucas Harvey Colyer Johnson McPhee Solomon Delaney Cup. (who is Delaney?)

Here you go...Tony Delaney

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Delaney

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 25825
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Round 1 Versus Freo

Post by BenDoolan » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:58 pm

s'dreams wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:22 pm
Windy_Hill wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:18 pm
The Colyer Johnson McPhee Solomon Delaney Cup
The Lloyd Lucas Harvey Colyer Johnson McPhee Solomon Delaney Cup. (who is Delaney?)
The Lloyd, Lucas, Ridley, Delaney, Dale Kickett, Harvey, Colyer, M. Johnson, McPhee, Solomon Cup
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 8464
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: Round 1 Versus Freo

Post by grassy1 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:05 pm

Ronny Rotten wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:15 pm
At last we a home game round 1 against Freo. Saturday afternoon at Marvel probably with the roof open & for those on the South East side getting sunburnt & being unable to see the game without a sun visor. :oops: :oops:

Is this "so so" game going to be played for the "ZAC CLARK" cup? vingertje =D>

Nah,better off playing Subiaco here.They’d be much better opponents than the Dorkers!

In other news the ANZAC day game seems becomes a twi-light 4:30 game. afl GAGF.

We also lose the Good Friday game, even though we had almost a capacity crowd in 2019.Generating more funds for the Good Friday appeal but Peter Gordon had a whinge about his dogs not getting the game so the afl bent over. Really but who cares, give this game to the ordinary tin rattler clubs.
Stole my thunder there,Ronny.Gordon practically admitted with his whinge,the Doggies still Rattle their Tins!Still,I’d hate to see them disappear,as opposed to the dorkers,egirls,Adelaide Galahs or Powder! :twisted: 8) :lol:

As for our 1st Fixture next year,Chalk up a Win for us here.EASY!Despite our generally Shit past 18 years,it’s only the Dorkers! :lol:

Post Reply