Jacob Townsend

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
User avatar
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 12326
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:23 pm

Re: Jacob Townsend

Post by Windy_Hill » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:28 pm

our biggest problem is not players 1 to 15. Sure we lack a true A grade inside mid but most of our best 15 would comfortably get a game in a top 6 club.

Our problem is the quality and depth plummets when you look at players 16 to 22. Its why guys like Langford, Laverde, Begley, Ham, Guelfi get more game time than they deserve or are ready for.

Bringing in the likes of Cutler, Hibberd, Phillips and possibly Townsend provides some breathing space for players who are either not ready or through lack of form need serious VFL time. None of these four players are a downgrade on any of the aforementioned group and may well in fact be better. As a minimum they provide a degree of depth and competition for places in the best 22. Importantly, they cost virtually nothing.

The challenge for EFC is to now acquire some blue chip midfield talent to take the Top 15 to a top 4 rating compared to other leading clubs. Where is our Fyfe, Dangerfield, Neal, Martin, Coniglio, Cripps, Yeo.... Without such a player we remain one dimensional.

Rover99
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 1467
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:23 am

Re: Jacob Townsend

Post by Rover99 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:35 pm

Phillips I just don't get. Haven't we learnt our lesson in that department? Now come on, Make me eat s**t and I'll gladly apologise to Dodo. "Began his career in 2011 and hopes to be a regular senior player...." vingertje vingertje vingertje

User avatar
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 12326
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:23 pm

Re: Jacob Townsend

Post by Windy_Hill » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:03 pm

Deal Done

Welcome to the Hangar Jacob

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 25841
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Jacob Townsend

Post by BenDoolan » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:34 pm

Where’s ‘Big Kev’ when you need him?

Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

User avatar
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 12326
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:23 pm

Re: Jacob Townsend

Post by Windy_Hill » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:33 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:34 pm
Where’s ‘Big Kev’ when you need him?


Not sure if you are just “excited” by the prospect of Towner in the lineup or lamenting the fact that our squad is now largely made up of the cheap stuff in the supermarket aisle.

Rover99
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 1467
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:23 am

Re: Jacob Townsend

Post by Rover99 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:16 am

Windy_Hill wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:33 pm
BenDoolan wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:34 pm
Where’s ‘Big Kev’ when you need him?


Not sure if you are just “excited” by the prospect of Towner in the lineup or lamenting the fact that our squad is now largely made up of the cheap stuff in the supermarket aisle.
I'm guessing it's the latter - but at least he didnt put a clip of Dad's army in there :D :D

Crazyman
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 7072
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:51 pm
Location: Sydney (Don't hold it against me)
Contact:

Re: Jacob Townsend

Post by Crazyman » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:48 am

Rover99 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:16 am
Windy_Hill wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:33 pm
BenDoolan wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:34 pm
Where’s ‘Big Kev’ when you need him?


Not sure if you are just “excited” by the prospect of Towner in the lineup or lamenting the fact that our squad is now largely made up of the cheap stuff in the supermarket aisle.
I'm guessing it's the latter - but at least he didnt put a clip of Dad's army in there :D :D
Some mothers do ave em?

nudder12
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 2126
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:47 pm

Re: Jacob Townsend

Post by nudder12 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:19 am

Windy_Hill wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:33 pm
the fact that our squad is now largely made up of the cheap stuff in the supermarket aisle.
And I thought you were a fan of our latest acquisitions.
Funny how so many are "excited" by a bunch of "has beens".

User avatar
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 12326
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:23 pm

Re: Jacob Townsend

Post by Windy_Hill » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:27 pm

nudder12 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:19 am
Windy_Hill wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:33 pm
the fact that our squad is now largely made up of the cheap stuff in the supermarket aisle.
And I thought you were a fan of our latest acquisitions.
Funny how so many are "excited" by a bunch of "has beens".
I wouldnt say fan but in general I can see them playing a role. My comment was an attempt to understand what BD was suggesting with his cryptic tweet

User avatar
boncer34
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 9206
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:14 pm

Re: Jacob Townsend

Post by boncer34 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:06 am

Windy_Hill wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:28 pm
Where is our Fyfe, Dangerfield, Neal, Martin, Coniglio, Cripps, Yeo.... Without such a player we remain one dimensional.
Interestingly only 2 players on that list have flags and neither are pure mids.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just better.

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 25841
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Jacob Townsend

Post by BenDoolan » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:56 am

boncer34 wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:06 am
Windy_Hill wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:28 pm
Where is our Fyfe, Dangerfield, Neal, Martin, Coniglio, Cripps, Yeo.... Without such a player we remain one dimensional.
Interestingly only 2 players on that list have flags and neither are pure mids.
Townsend has a flag. Let’s chuck him in the midfield!
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

User avatar
boncer34
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 9206
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:14 pm

Re: Jacob Townsend

Post by boncer34 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:16 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:56 am
boncer34 wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:06 am
Windy_Hill wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:28 pm
Where is our Fyfe, Dangerfield, Neal, Martin, Coniglio, Cripps, Yeo.... Without such a player we remain one dimensional.
Interestingly only 2 players on that list have flags and neither are pure mids.
Townsend has a flag. Let’s chuck him in the midfield!
Townsend is a shit truck.

But my point is maybe the big pure all star inside mid isn't essential to a flag. The hybrid that can move is the important cog.

Tigers have Dusty, Eagles had Yeo, Dogs had Bont, Hawks had Hodge and Burgoyne.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just better.

User avatar
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 12326
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:23 pm

Re: Jacob Townsend

Post by Windy_Hill » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:02 pm

boncer34 wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:16 pm
BenDoolan wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:56 am
boncer34 wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:06 am
Windy_Hill wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:28 pm
Where is our Fyfe, Dangerfield, Neal, Martin, Coniglio, Cripps, Yeo.... Without such a player we remain one dimensional.
Interestingly only 2 players on that list have flags and neither are pure mids.
Townsend has a flag. Let’s chuck him in the midfield!
Townsend is a shit truck.

But my point is maybe the big pure all star inside mid isn't essential to a flag. The hybrid that can move is the important cog.

Tigers have Dusty, Eagles had Yeo, Dogs had Bont, Hawks had Hodge and Burgoyne.

It’s a reasonable point. But it certainly wouldn’t hurt to have at our disposal any of the named players regardless of their specific role.

mdso
Club Captain
Posts: 3174
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:55 am
Location: Merimbula, Far South Coast of N.SW.

Re: Jacob Townsend

Post by mdso » Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:56 am

nomolos wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:31 pm
He's always been someone that doesn't mind hitting a few blokes.

We need more of that. No more nice guy antics.
At last, no more Mr. Nice Guy stuff, just what we need someone with a mouth and a bit of mongrel about them. More of this please.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.

User avatar
s'dreams
Club Captain
Posts: 4343
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:48 pm

Re: Jacob Townsend

Post by s'dreams » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:20 am

mdso wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:56 am
nomolos wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:31 pm
He's always been someone that doesn't mind hitting a few blokes.

We need more of that. No more nice guy antics.
At last, no more Mr. Nice Guy stuff, just what we need someone with a mouth and a bit of mongrel about them. More of this please.
How could an onfield prick like Worstfod turn into such a touchy-feely namby-pamby snowflake supporting coach?
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

User avatar
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 12326
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:23 pm

Re: Jacob Townsend

Post by Windy_Hill » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:10 pm

s'dreams wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:20 am
mdso wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:56 am
nomolos wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:31 pm
He's always been someone that doesn't mind hitting a few blokes.

We need more of that. No more nice guy antics.
At last, no more Mr. Nice Guy stuff, just what we need someone with a mouth and a bit of mongrel about them. More of this please.
How could an onfield prick like Worstfod turn into such a touchy-feely namby-pamby snowflake supporting coach?
Coming to the Hangar does that to a person...it’s in the water. You just watch, Hibberd and Townsend will be running the Crochet Club as extracurricular activity before Feb.

Post Reply