Mitch Hibberd-immediate impact.

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
F111
Essendon Legend

Mitch Hibberd-immediate impact.

Post by F111 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:57 am

The tough inside mid we hope we're after?

https://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2019 ... ch-hibberd
Essendon has boosted its midfield stocks by picking up big-bodied onballer Mitch Hibberd with pick 10 in the NAB AFL Rookie Draft on Friday.

The powerful 23-year-old midfielder played four games for North Melbourne in 2017 before joining Williamstown in the VFL this year where he had an immediate impact for the Seagulls.

Hibberd was among Williamstown’s best players in its narrow loss to Richmond in the Grand Final, racking up 25 disposals.

A strong runner, Hibberd booted 10 goals and averaged 24.3 disposals and 6.9 tackles across his 20 VFL games this year to claim a spot on the wing in the VFL Team of the Year.
Club general manager of list and recruiting Adrian Dodoro said Hibberd's strengths and experience make him capable of having an instant impact at the club.

“Mitch is a premier player in the VFL competition, he is a big inside midfielder, has outstanding endurance and deserves an opportunity,” Dodoro said on Friday.

“Throughout this whole period we were looking for a ready-made inside midfielder and we believe we have found one in Mitch.

“We believe Mitch’s impact on the side will be immediate.”

Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Re: Mitch Hibberd-immediate impact.

Post by Crazyman » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:01 pm

Don’t believe everything you read.

Good luck to him. He might be a player that helps a bit, but at the end of the day he’s another clubs discard not an elite player seeking a change...

Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:58 pm

Sorry.... ho hum...but they gotta do something to get us excited :?

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:48 pm

Crazyman wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:01 pm

Good luck to him. He might be a player that helps a bit, but at the end of the day he’s another clubs discard not an elite player seeking a change...
Seems like he never really got a chance to prove himself given injuries and being played out of position. Nothing motivates a player like proving the doubters wrong.

Lets see

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:07 pm

Dodoro was said to be happy with our selections. He’s been happy for 20 years while our club has been in a coma.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

s'dreams
Club Captain

Post by s'dreams » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:24 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:07 pm
Dodoro was said to be happy with our selections. He’s been happy for 20 years while our club has been in a coma.
Coma? You optimist, you!
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:24 am

I want absolutely nil optimism this year and refuse to be caught up in the hype again. There's about 90 days to kick off and all I want is for none of our team to be injured in training and come out a hundred percent fit and surprise me by kicking someone's sorry arse.

F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:46 am

Crazyman wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:01 pm
Yup, hence the question mark.

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:02 am

Rover99 wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:24 am
I want absolutely nil optimism this year and refuse to be caught up in the hype again. There's about 90 days to kick off and all I want is for none of our team to be injured in training and come out a hundred percent fit and surprise me by kicking someone's sorry arse.
I’ve had prior experience of such feelings Rover.Forget the hoopla!Let’s just sit back and see what our boys deliver.Same with the ladies as well,though to be fair,their team is still in it’s relative infancy.

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:22 pm

Assuming we take Townsend in the SSP or whatever it is called, we have four AFL ready players in Hibberd, Philips, Cutler and the aforementioned Townsend. Thst definitely improves our depth in the 15 - 22 team selections. Whether they are any good is to be seen but it does take some heat off players like Mutch, Draper and Ham who to be fair are still feeling their way.

Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:56 pm

grassy1 wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:02 am
Rover99 wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:24 am
I’ve had prior experience of such feelings Rover.Forget the hoopla!Let’s just sit back and see what our boys deliver.Same with the ladies as well,though to be fair,their team is still in it’s relative infancy.
Yes Grassy my friend. Wise advice. The last 2 years I've stupidly been fantasysing all sorts of things but it'll take a lot in future to get my preseason pants all moist again. [-X

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:02 am

Believe me,I know about such frustrations following Perth. :roll:

One lousy kick 11 seconds out from The Final Siren at Peel in August,might have changed all that.

And now the fella who possibly kicked it too straight,only for a strange wind to bend it through for a point,wants to leave us for East Fremantle. #-o :roll:

Any guesses from you or Ben?Or Red?

boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:49 am

North did with him what we did with Myers early days.

Saw his height and went "oooo look even though he's a clearance mid lets play him on the HB line."

Unlike us with Myers however they cut him rather than continuing on with the experiment for 6 years before trying to shift him back to his natural position with zero development.

Not saying he's a star but he is a better footballer in his natural position then where North tried to play him.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just better.