COVID 19 Arrangements

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

COVID 19 Arrangements

Post by s'dreams »

2020 season cut to 17 rounds.

The AFL is examining expanding the playing list and the option of running 3 rounds over two weeks or 4 rounds over 3 weeks to cram the season into a shorter timeframe.

Also looking at rescheduling the draw to minimise traveling by teams.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
mdso
Club Captain

Re: COVID 19 Arrangements

Post by mdso »

s'dreams wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:14 pm 2020 season cut to 17 rounds.

The AFL is examining expanding the playing list and the option of running 3 rounds over two weeks or 4 rounds over 3 weeks to cram the season into a shorter timeframe.

Also looking at rescheduling the draw to minimise traveling by teams.
Everything will change rapidly when players or staff, test positive to the virus.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.
Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 »

Seeing that every positive case (and death) so far has been the direct result of an overseas trip, or contact with someone who has travelled overseas (and not based in the local populace) then theoretically, if Scomo's plan to quarantine every new arrival actually works, Australia will be Cononavirus free in 6 -10 weeks. That of course depends on the nature of the pending cases right at this moment and f***wits who think they are above the law :D
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

Don't think I've ever had less interest in a footy season at this stage of the year.
Mostly, I think, because I doubt that even if it does actually start, that it'll be any sort of proper season.
Even if it begins, it's a matter of time before it's suspended due to a positive test from a player, so it'll be stop/start at best I reckon.
Hard to get enthusiastic when you won't even know from day to day if your team will be playing that week.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Same here Nudder!I have very little enthusiasm for it!

I’ve pretty much given up on the foooty tipping,given those c**** at AWFULL House haven’t got an ounce of Moral Fibre.If what they have done to the State Leagues is for our good,then follow that All the Way and delay the start of the AFL Season?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Announced at 7:55PM the day before the comp starts....The comp will go ahead but with 16 minute quarters... but we still have to hold up the game to nominate two rucks for a ball-up

Hate to say it but that will only work if the lower the number of interchanges per quarter... so watch this space...
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Oh yeah,I forgot to mention the excuse to really fiddle with the Rules!

They must be having Orgasms about that! :roll:
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

$950 membership. Can’t attend. Won’t be shown on FTA. Ya reckon I won’t be asking for a refund? 🖕🏼
Essendunny
DC2
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC2 »

1 player tests positive, then what? That whole team will have to be quarantined. How can the competition go on? This is what the NBA tried to do. Lets just continue the season sans live fans. They didnt even make it that far after Gobert tested positive.

Honestly Gillon has to be a moron thinking the season can go ahead.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

A bit like the Broadcast Partners,DC!
desmondo
Regular Senior Player

Post by desmondo »

DC2 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:44 pm 1 player tests positive, then what? That whole team will have to be quarantined. How can the competition go on? This is what the NBA tried to do. Lets just continue the season sans live fans. They didnt even make it that far after Gobert tested positive.

Honestly Gillon has to be a moron thinking the season can go ahead.
Yep, one player, or member of the support staff tests positive then the season must be over...

Another crisis well handled gilligan. :roll: #-o :-"
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

grassy1 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:03 pm Oh yeah,I forgot to mention the excuse to really fiddle with the Rules!

They must be having Orgasms about that! :roll:
There are already mentions about keeping the games shorter. The AFL have been looking into this for a couple of years as the youth of today don't have much of an attention span. :lol:
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Surprise,surprise Rob! :roll: