Round 10...vs GWS Giants

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Round 10...vs GWS Giants

Post by BenDoolan »

Out: T. Bellchambers, M. Gleeson, A. Francis, D. Zaharakis, T. Cutler, B. Ham, M. Redman, J. Stewart, J. Townsend

In: K. Langford, J. Daniher, D. Clarke, M. Guelfi, C. McKenna, S. McKernan, I. Mosquito, J. Begley
Essendunny
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Re: Round 10...vs GWS Giants

Post by s'dreams »

BenDoolan wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:05 pm Out: T. Bellchambers, M. Gleeson, A. Francis, D. Zaharakis, T. Cutler, B. Ham, M. Redman, J. Stewart, J. Townsend

In: K. Langford, J. Daniher, D. Clarke, M. Guelfi, C. McKenna, S. McKernan, I. Mosquito, J. Begley
Cahill needs a rest as well. Time for Clarke to come back as a tagger
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Think I’ll tip AWFULL’s Baby here.

🤢🤮😖😡
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

s'dreams wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:07 pm
BenDoolan wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:05 pm Out: T. Bellchambers, M. Gleeson, A. Francis, D. Zaharakis, T. Cutler, B. Ham, M. Redman, J. Stewart, J. Townsend

Cahill needs a rest as well. Time for Clarke to come back as a tagger
But surely they’ll give him the next 150 games to see if he can prove himself?
Essendunny
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

Agree with this. None of those "outs" are taking us anywhere. Should have kept Mitch Brown. People said he wasn't going to be in our next Premiership team, but jeebus he still earnt his spot before any of that lot.
Ins??
Right now I can't be bothered remembering who's injured etc, let's just get as many games as we can into anyone who hasn't already had a go.
Get Daniher & Mosquito in. Yeah, they said Draper wasn't 100% ready but he did OK, so let's do the same for these 2.
And anyone else that isn't injured.
Just do it.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

I think Ham and Redman have something to offer. Redman was a gun last year...another player simply going backwards. Ham has some real dash but needs time.

The rest can just GAGF
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

Windy_Hill wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:33 am I think Ham and Redman have something to offer. Redman was a gun last year...another player simply going backwards. Ham has some real dash but needs time.

The rest can just GAGF
Redman maybe.
Ham - it's a no from me. Too many limitations. Plenty out there that can run as he does, but also offer some strength in a contest, take an overhead mark (or at least spoil) and can do some time in the midfield. He's just too small. If he was Caleb Daniel, that might be a different story.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Windy_Hill wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:33 am I think Ham and Redman have something to offer. Redman was a gun last year...another player simply going backwards. Ham has some real dash but needs time.

The rest can just GAGF
I like the Red Dog. But he’s in ordinary form. Did a good thing last week, but has had his pants pulled down quite a few times this year. To be fair, I don’t think he was the right match up for Cameron at all. Saad should have been in him.
Essendunny
DC2
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC2 »

BenDoolan wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:47 am

The rest can just GAGF
I like the Red Dog. But he’s in ordinary form. Did a good thing last week, but has had his pants pulled down quite a few times this year. To be fair, I don’t think he was the right match up for Cameron at all. Saad should have been in him.
LOL, as soon as i saw redman manning up on cameron i knew it was going to be a long night. Not sure whose bright idea that was. Guess they didnt want to have saad tied done to charlie so we could use his run. We need another quality small defender thats for sure.

James Stewart is horrible. Yes he's missed a lot of football, but he was doing nothing even before the injuries. Would have been better to play smack as the KPF even though smack has been terrible this year too. We have no tall marking options. Sad to say it, but our best option maybe to try draper playing deep forward to give us some sort of target. This midget forward line just isnt cutting it. Langford should be played forward too.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

DC2 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:16 pm
BenDoolan wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:47 am

The rest can just GAGF
LOL, as soon as i saw redman manning up on cameron i knew it was going to be a long night. Not sure whose bright idea that was. Guess they didnt want to have saad tied done to charlie so we could use his run. We need another quality small defender thats for sure.

James Stewart is horrible. Yes he's missed a lot of football, but he was doing nothing even before the injuries. Would have been better to play smack as the KPF even though smack has been terrible this year too. We have no tall marking options. Sad to say it, but our best option maybe to try draper playing deep forward to give us some sort of target. This midget forward line just isnt cutting it. Langford should be played forward too.
OK - but whose brilliant idea was it to play TBell forward? That must have cause much mirth among the Brisbane defenders.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Well,that’s The Pest gone for next week.

Greene’s done a Hammy!
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

nudder12 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:01 am

Agree with this. None of those "outs" are taking us anywhere. Should have kept Mitch Brown. People said he wasn't going to be in our next Premiership team, but jeebus he still earnt his spot before any of that lot.
Ins??
Right now I can't be bothered remembering who's injured etc, let's just get as many games as we can into anyone who hasn't already had a go.
Get Daniher & Mosquito in. Yeah, they said Draper wasn't 100% ready but he did OK, so let's do the same for these 2.
Just do it.
Just realised...9 Outs above and only 8 Ins.
So I'm adding Mutch to the Ins list.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

nudder12 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:05 pm

Ins??
Just do it.
Surely we give Stewart one more game to break down in??
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Ins??
Just do it.
Some players are so bad that just their absence from the team is like getting an extra player for us
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

s'dreams wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:06 pm

Ins??
Just do it.
Some players are so bad that just their absence from the team is like getting an extra player for us
Haha :lol:
Essendunny
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

OK, so I have thought a little more about team selection and given the condensed playing schedule there will likely be the need to manage and rotate players through the selected 22

For this week I would go with

Townsend. Hurley. Zerk-Thatcher

Guelfi. Ridley. Saad

Redman. Shiel. Parish

McKenna McKernan. Walla

Snelling. Stewart. Mosquito

Draper, Merrett, McGrath

I/C. Begley, Francis, Clarke, Langford

In McKenna, McKernan, Mosquito, Begley, Clarke, Guelfi, Langford
Out. Bellchambers, Zaharakis, Ham, Cahill, Gleeson, Cutler, Smith

10 goal defeat incoming but at least we can try some new things.

I would like to see Townsend have a run as a defensive back pocket. Redman on a wing and McKenna in the forward half
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Windy_Hill wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:21 pm OK, so I have thought a little more about team selection and given the condensed playing schedule there will likely be the need to manage and rotate players through the selected 22

For this week I would go with

Townsend. Hurley. Zerk-Thatcher

Guelfi. Ridley. Saad

Redman. Shiel. Parish

McKenna McKernan. Walla

Snelling. Stewart. Mosquito

Draper, Merrett, McGrath

I/C. Begley, Francis, Clarke, Langford

In McKenna, McKernan, Mosquito, Begley, Clarke, Guelfi, Langford
Out. Bellchambers, Zaharakis, Ham, Cahill, Gleeson, Cutler, Smith

10 goal defeat incoming but at least we can try some new things.

I would like to see Townsend have a run as a defensive back pocket. Redman on a wing and McKenna in the forward half
Like your thinking, Windy I reckon Irish could go OK on the forward line on the basis that he could not do any worse than what was thrown up last Friday. I would also play Langford down forward as well.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Unlike most of the team last week - Smith actually gave a shit ... and you want to drop him?
DC2
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC2 »

s'dreams wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:06 am Unlike most of the team last week - Smith actually gave a shit ... and you want to drop him?
not to mention he was pretty much the only player who could kick a goal.

mosquito cant even get a sniff in the scratch matches according to bounce, so why does he get a game?
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Smith hasn't had a great season so far. He was much better last game though, plus it's against his old team. Stays.