2021...Wooden Spoon Incoming

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

2021...Wooden Spoon Incoming

Post by Windy_Hill »

If Daniher, McKenna and Fantasia go at the end of this year, expect utter turmoil to follow from within and without the club.

Adelaide and North will go past us next year.

Players like Parish and Merrett must be at their wits end....dont be surprised when both seek trades.

Coaching and recruiting is in complete disarray. The transition to Rutten in complete tatters.

A list full of barely VFL standard players or walking wounded.

So much wrong with every level of the total organisation.

We will finish last for sure. Then Dodoro will waste the number 1 pick on a skinny half back flanker.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Re: 2021...Wooden Spoon Incoming

Post by Jazz_84 »

You echo my sentiments exactly, we have been accustomed to this shit club to piss away trades and ruin players if they do for some reason want to come to this place.... shit must just flow down the halls past our 16 cups of what used to be a great club...

I'm f****** livid, how did we become this basketcase no hope of a club?
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

You can’t expect change to fester to deliver as you suggest.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Windy Hille wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:58 pm You can’t expect change to fester to deliver as you suggest.
Sorry, not getting your point?
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

Windy_Hill wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:55 pm
Windy Hille wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:58 pm You can’t expect change to fester to deliver as you suggest.
Need to consider the suppurations of gaining some sort of “advantage” by contemplating an alternate. In a round about way.

You’d then lament the outcome...
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Windy Hille wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:56 am
Windy_Hill wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:55 pm
Need to consider the suppurations of gaining some sort of “advantage” by contemplating an alternate. In a round about way.

You’d then lament the outcome...
Rightio....now back to the topic
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

In search of another thread, I found this. Interesting :-k
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Perth have Won a few since 1981,so much so,I’ve lost count.

We finished 9th this year in the League.Normally low enough for another whack on the bottom,only the Egirls Reserves finished 10th. :mrgreen: :lol:

But we still secured one anyway,with a Winless Season in the Colts. #-o :roll:
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

Another one of those “look how outrageously wrong I am” predictions :roll:
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Very glass half empty ;)

Despite that, it might have been Shiel's injury that provided some impetus for improvement. Opportunity creates success frequently and Parish took it with all limbs! Drapers return shouldn't be underestimated either.

The number one thing however was the coaching including Laverde and Stewart to the backline. That provided one excellent response and one pretty damn good response. Ridley was the glue down there.

Recruitment also did well. Hind was a good get, covering the lack of speed via Saad & Mckenna leaving. Prone to occasional clangers and turnovers easily bettered by his run and carry. Wright adequately replaced Daniher. A fellow wanting to succeed verses one that is wanting to leave, not invested, plays like he's still in the U18's...Wright has ongoing upside, however I do regret Daniher not really ever reaching his potential at all. He still hasn't.

Fantasia was too injury prone to be reliable. PA found that and he went missing in their most important game. After a couple of years of noise about leaving he did and to lose someone not committed provides that opportunity for someone else. I'm unsure who will take that up, but Snelling showed that a strongly defensive forward is invaluable so I'll say he's the beneficiary.

The OP's predictions were understandable. I'm very glad to see they turned out differently
:D
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

F111 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:17 am Very glass half empty ;)

Despite that, it might have been Shiel's injury that provided some impetus for improvement. Opportunity creates success frequently and Parish took it with all limbs! Drapers return shouldn't be underestimated either.

The number one thing however was the coaching including Laverde and Stewart to the backline. That provided one excellent response and one pretty damn good response. Ridley was the glue down there.

Recruitment also did well. Hind was a good get, covering the lack of speed via Saad & Mckenna leaving. Prone to occasional clangers and turnovers easily bettered by his run and carry. Wright adequately replaced Daniher. A fellow wanting to succeed verses one that is wanting to leave, not invested, plays like he's still in the U18's...Wright has ongoing upside, however I do regret Daniher not really ever reaching his potential at all. He still hasn't.

Fantasia was too injury prone to be reliable. PA found that and he went missing in their most important game. After a couple of years of noise about leaving he did and to lose someone not committed provides that opportunity for someone else. I'm unsure who will take that up, but Snelling showed that a strongly defensive forward is invaluable so I'll say he's the beneficiary.

The OP's predictions were understandable. I'm very glad to see they turned out differently
:D
It’s interesting looking back. Most of us were furious at the end of 2020. Sick of the club and its patheticness.

What occurred in the off season, then the on season, was remarkable…
If Daniher, McKenna and Fantasia go at the end of this year, expect utter turmoil to follow from within and without the club.
The club actually grew a leg. Then some balls, a backbone, and some brains.
Adelaide and North will go past us next year.

Well, naaah.
Players like Parish and Merrett must be at their wits end....dont be surprised when both seek trades.
Merrett eventually signed for 6 years, and Parish 2. Parish had a monster season winning many medals and 5th place in the Brownlow. Zachy wins his 3rd Crichton. These two were dynamic.
Coaching and recruiting is in complete disarray. The transition to Rutten in complete tatters.
Things just clicked as soon as Woosha walked out the door. Truck has been absolutely fantastic in turning things around. It appears he has a terrific group of assistants too. Recruiting? Well, we will see the benefits of it in a few years time. Signs are very good.
A list full of barely VFL standard players or walking wounded.
Amazing how a coach’s belief and vision can transform player careers and confidence. Clear roles, clear instructions, strong work ethic...
So much wrong with every level of the total organisation.
Brasher reviewed, Brasher acted, things fell into place. It appears everyone is singing off the same hymn sheet. All in a matter of a few months.
We will finish last for sure. Then Dodoro will waste the number 1 pick on a skinny half back flanker.
We obviously exceeded expectations. And I don’t thin we’ll waste our pick.
Essendunny
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Yeah, Nah

The media were pillorying us with Saad, Daniher and Fantasia leaving us (despite 2 of the 3 trying to leave the year before) and them getting talked up as champions (but funny how the same laments that we had about them while at EFC... followed them to their new homes)

Also totally unexpected were the reinvention of Laverde and Stewart; the success of 2MP and Hind and the real stepping up of Snelling, Parish and Stringer.

Draper showed what he can do with a solid season on the park.

Unexpectedly good, but I won't be too surprised if we miss the 8 next year (but I will be surprised if Carlton does make it).
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

s'dreams wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:02 pm Unexpectedly good, but I won't be too surprised if we miss the 8 next year (but I will be surprised if Carlton does make it).
2022 will be veryyy interesting.
There were many players that we got quite a lot out of this year - but can they improve further?????
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

Melbourne actually destroyed the Doggies. They snapped them in half and ran them into the ground.

Melbourne were magnificent in winning the 2021 Premiership and showed they have what it takes to overtake Richmond and every other team in the AFL. They systematically tore the Doggies to shreds.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

Melbourne actually destroyed the Doggies. They snapped them in half and ran them into the ground.

Melbourne were magnificent in winning the 2021 Premiership and showed they have what it takes to overtake Richmond and every other team in the AFL. They systematically tore the Doggies to shreds.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.