Round 13 V Richmond

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
nudder12
Club Captain

Round 13 V Richmond

Post by nudder12 »

IN: Daniher, Stringer, Smith, Francis
OUT: Mckernan (omit), Townsend (omit), Cutler (omit), Gleeson (omit)
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: Round 13 V Richmond

Post by BenDoolan »

I think the Mozzie will get a gig.

OUT: D. Zaharakis (inj), T. Cutler (omit), C. McKenna (omit), S. McKernan (omit), J. Stewart (omit), D. Clarke (omit), K. Mutch (omit), J. Townsend (omit), J. Begley (omit), M. Guelfi (omit), M. Gleeson (omit)

IN: I. Mosquito
Essendunny
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

Oops, forgot Zaharakis.

Therefore...
IN: Daniher, Stringer, Smith, Francis, Mosquito
OUT: Zaharakis (inj), McKernan (omit), Townsend (omit), Cutler (omit), Gleeson (omit).

Also, really want to give Jones a game, but I'm gonna give Stewart another chance first.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Zaharakis was out already in the Saints game...did his quad against GCS

I think Phillips May come back in and support Draper in the ruck...especially with McKernan needing to be shown the door. He has been in good nick during the Festival of Scratch Matches.

I would obviously add Francis and Smith to the ins. Finally, give Mossie a run as well. Do not expect Stringer or Daniher to be close to selection. Play Francis as a deep forward.

Ins: Phillips, Mosquito, Francis, Smith
Out: McKernan, Cutler, Gleeson, Redman

Guelfi. Hurley. Ridley
McKenna. BZT. Saad
Mutch Merrett. Parish
Langford Stewart. Begley
Mosquito. Francis. Walla

Draper, McGrath, Shiel

I/C. Phillips, Clarke, Townsend, Smith
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

Windy_Hill wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:07 am Zaharakis was out already in the Saints game...did his quad against GCS

I think Phillips May come back in and support Draper in the ruck...especially with McKernan needing to be shown the door. He has been in good nick during the Festival of Scratch Matches.

I would obviously add Francis and Smith to the ins. Finally, give Mossie a run as well. Do not expect Stringer or Daniher to be close to selection. Play Francis as a deep forward.

Ins: Phillips, Mosquito, Francis, Smith
Out: McKernan, Cutler, Gleeson, Redman

Guelfi. Hurley. Ridley
McKenna. BZT. Saad
Mutch Merrett. Parish
Langford Stewart. Begley
Mosquito. Francis. Walla

Draper, McGrath, Shiel

I/C. Phillips, Clarke, Townsend, Smith
Bugger - BD mislead me!!
Back to my original selections then :oops:
Reckon we should chuck Stringer & Daniher in if they're fit. Never mind match practice.
On the chance they both don't play, then I'll put Phillips & Jones in.
Of course, we'll all have to amend our ideas later in the week after someone else succumbs to a training mishap.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Haha, with so many games close together I can’t remember what shit thing happened in which shit game #-o
Essendunny
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

BenDoolan wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:30 am Haha, with so many games close together I can’t remember what shit thing happened in which shit game #-o
It's yet another AFL conspiracy against Essendon....trying to make sure we can't keep track of our shitness, so we'll remain that way.

Here's a question that's just occurred to me.....what happens to all the AFL Covid rules once the season is over?
And the reason I thought of that is....is there any chance we'll be able to fully practice etc (like a normal year) to get our shit together? But hopefully without the "normal year" outcomes.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

nudder12 wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:42 am
BenDoolan wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:30 am Haha, with so many games close together I can’t remember what shit thing happened in which shit game #-o
It's yet another AFL conspiracy against Essendon....trying to make sure we can't keep track of our shitness, so we'll remain that way.

Here's a question that's just occurred to me.....what happens to all the AFL Covid rules once the season is over?
And the reason I thought of that is....is there any chance we'll be able to fully practice etc (like a normal year) to get our shit together? But hopefully without the "normal year" outcomes.

They were saying on Footy Classified that several clubs have already expressed interest in staying in the Gold Coast after the season finishes.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Out: Hurley, McKernan, Cutler, McKenna, Townsend

In: Francis, Daniher, Stringer, Mosquito, Smith
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Windy_Hill wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:17 am
nudder12 wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:42 am

They were saying on Footy Classified that several clubs have already expressed interest in staying in the Gold Coast after the season finishes.
Kim Hagdorn’s no Footy Classified,but he got on Perth Radio yesterday saying there’s strong speculation,that the Brownlow would be held on the Gold Coast,before the Finals Series as opposed to the Grand Final,so those players whose season was over could get themselves home to their Families(after mandatory self isolation).
Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 »

BenDoolan wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:38 pm I think the Mozzie will get a gig.

OUT: D. Zaharakis (inj), T. Cutler (omit), C. McKenna (omit), S. McKernan (omit), J. Stewart (omit), D. Clarke (omit), K. Mutch (omit), J. Townsend (omit), J. Begley (omit), M. Guelfi (omit), M. Gleeson (omit)

IN: I. Mosquito
Sounds like you'll need a swarm of mozzies with that line up.
Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 »

Far as I'm concerned the last 4 or 5 games have been just one gigantic dump.

In: Moz, Gown, Smith, Jake , Francis, Langford
Out: McKernan, Gleeson, Cutler, Stewart, Townsend, Guelfi
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Rover99 wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:46 pm
Far as I'm concerned the last 4 or 5 games have been just one gigantic dump.

In: Moz, Gown, Smith, Jake , Francis, Langford
Out: McKernan, Gleeson, Cutler, Stewart, Townsend, Guelfi
I thought Langford played last game.

I think the next 4 or 5 games will also be a gigantic dump

I'd get some more games into Ham and Guelfi

I'd also have McKenna in ONLY if the bugger plays in back line.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Pointless even thinking about giving Daniher, McKenna and Fantasia further games. They have made it abundantly clear through their actions and words that they don't want to be part of the Essendon Football Club.

Draw the line - remove the cancer - send them back to Melbourne or Daylesford or Adelaide or Northern Ireland. Ciao Bella!
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

hop wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:15 pm Pointless even thinking about giving Daniher, McKenna and Fantasia further games. They have made it abundantly clear through their actions and words that they don't want to be part of the Essendon Football Club.

Draw the line - remove the cancer - send them back to Melbourne or Daylesford or Adelaide or Northern Ireland. Ciao Bella!
=D>
Essendunny
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

BenDoolan wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:38 pm
hop wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:15 pm Pointless even thinking about giving Daniher, McKenna and Fantasia further games. They have made it abundantly clear through their actions and words that they don't want to be part of the Essendon Football Club.

=D>
Fair enough, I would certainly feel inclined to deny Daniher a run in the seniors as this would only give pursuing clubs a chance to evaluate him before screwing us to the wall. Yeah. There is an argument to do this in order to maximise his value whether it be a trade or free agency compensation. but being a bitchy child, I would rather see him struggle to find an interested buyer and wind up with a shit offer.
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

The game is going to an absolute slaughter-fest. If Richmond do not smash us by minimum of 10 goals, they are on the take.
Fifteen goals if they are fair dinkum. And; maybe that's what we need to happen to get real about our list which is highly over-rated.

I plan on watching the smoking ceremony and then turning on to something else.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

All; you need to remeber is that shit happened!!!
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

rockhole wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:26 pm
All; you need to remeber is that shit happened!!!
Haha :lol:
Essendunny
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Mosquito will debut....official