dont know how to react

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

dont know how to react

Post by Jazz_84 »

it's total disaster that we lost the way we did today or lost at all, and i dont know what to think?? is it just we suck against carlton at the moment? or do we seriously have issues finishing off a game? is it mostly the coach?

and more importantly can we recover next week?

god i hope sheedy flogs the players after that!! much like the time when we beat freo lol and we won that game

i heard some of the kids got a fair bit of bench time?? if thats right... thats just a joke, seriously
bomberflyer
Top Up Player

Post by bomberflyer »

Unbelievable...absolute disgrace...bring JJ back next week and Sheedy have a long hard look at yourself for not having the ability to get your team up for a game against what I think is the most below average team in competition!!!
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Sheedy put Fletcher into the forward line i hear????

dead set :shock:
Royza
Club Captain

Post by Royza »

I'll put it down to the injection of young players into the team being inconsistent & the team being complacent.

It's always easy to blame the coach in hindsight. But really, it was the inaccuracy & complacency of the players that caused the damage. I'm sure a coach would rarely be needed if the team was 10 goals up at qtr time & continued to play the style that got them there for the rest of the game. The 1st 2 games of the season we controlled the tempo.
After qtr time today, we looked like we were either stuffed, or too happy with our performance.
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

No excuses for that lost, was just pathetic. Maybe they got cocky and thought we had them.

Started to play stupid, football and got smashed. Fevola and Steven killed us once again.

Did we get a single clearance today? We did better against Sandilands.

Was a disgraceful loss. I can't remember a recent time in which we were up by that much and capitulated in to a team which could have been beaten by an EDFL team.
Malky
Regular Senior Player

Post by Malky »

Excuse the use of capitals for the following but I'm really, really, really f****** angry!!!!

EVERY f****** TIME!!! WE KNOW EVERY GOD DAMN f****** TIME WE PLAY CARLTON THEY f****** STEP UP. THEY COULD PLAY 22 UNDER 12'S AND THEY'D STILL PUSH US ALL THE WAY AND CAUSE UPSETS!!! IN f****** INFURIATES ME THAT WE WERE 7 GOALS UP AND THOUGHT IT WOULD BE JUST ANOTHER CAKE WALK - IT NEVER IS AGAINST CARLTON, IT NEVER HAS BEEN AND IT f****** NEVER WILL BE!!!!!!!!!!!

*end rant*
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

What he said.
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

Going to be fun at work on Monday. Now their supporters will have bragging rights all week.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

:shock:
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Hear hear Royza.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
swooper
Top Up Player

Post by swooper »

Royza wrote:I'll put it down to the injection of young players into the team being inconsistent & the team being complacent.

It's always easy to blame the coach in hindsight. But really, it was the inaccuracy & complacency of the players that caused the damage. I'm sure a coach would rarely be needed if the team was 10 goals up at qtr time & continued to play the style that got them there for the rest of the game. The 1st 2 games of the season we controlled the tempo.
After qtr time today, we looked like we were either stuffed, or too happy with our performance.
This was a concern of mine during the week. We played on the Sunday in 26 degrees and Carlton had played on the Saurday night. This early in the season it shouldn't affect anybody, but we sure seemed to lose a bit of run, particularly after all the run we showed early.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

danstar84 wrote: Did we get a single clearance today?
Spot on. We were walloped in the middle and around the stoppages.

What really worries me is I couldn't see any effort to stop their momentum - slow the play down, play a spare man in defence in front of Fev, keep possession for a few minutes, or flood the back half (except for a very brief few seconds just before half time).

I'm shattered - the more I think about it - the more it seems to me like one our worst losses ever (nothing will ever beat 99 PF).
Gossy7
Club Captain

Post by Gossy7 »

Before the game blues were practicing their center clearances, and how they were going to use it from there.

And it worked pretty much every time!
Sartorius
Club Captain

Post by Sartorius »

I must agree. Gee Murphy had a few critical and decisive clearances, dashing out of the middle. He will be a very very good player.
Royza
Club Captain

Post by Royza »

Clearances have been a weakness for years. We had pretty much the same amount of hitouts but have no idea how to break from the centre. I only feel confident when Hird is in there. I noticed at the start of the 3rd, Stevens roved some of Hille's taps.