EFC Epic Efforts

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Re: EFC Epic Efforts

Post by grassy1 »

BenDoolan wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:18 pm
grassy1 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:49 am
nudder12 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:09 am
BenDoolan wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:34 pm Nic Martin added after his 44 disposals today
And 6 of them were kick-outs after a behind. Long way behind the true ball winners.
Since when did they count?
Ever since they got rid of the “kick to yourself” kick in requirement.

The way I see it… it’s a kick taken after a point is kicked. No different to a kick taken after a ‘kick out on the full’… which Martin was also a recipient of.

One way to stop defenders getting “cheap kicks” from kick outs, is to kick the goal. Problem solved.
They've changed the Rules that many times,you miss half of them.That's my excuse for missin' it! :roll:
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

grassy1 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:47 pm
BenDoolan wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:34 pm Nic Martin added after his 44 disposals today
And 6 of them were kick-outs after a behind. Long way behind the true ball winners.

The way I see it… it’s a kick taken after a point is kicked. No different to a kick taken after a ‘kick out on the full’… which Martin was also a recipient of.

One way to stop defenders getting “cheap kicks” from kick outs, is to kick the goal. Problem solved.
They've changed the Rules that many times,you miss half of them.That's my excuse for missin' it! :roll:
All in order to quicken up the game and have more flow and scoring.

Remember how annoying and frustrating it was when the umpire would blow his whistle and call a ball up because the full back had a toenail over the line?

Pass the scalpel please!
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Windy Hille wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:01 pm
grassy1 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:47 pm

All in order to quicken up the game and have more flow and scoring.

Remember how annoying and frustrating it was when the umpire would blow his whistle and call a ball up because the full back had a toenail over the line?

Pass the scalpel please!
Quicken up the Game?So they say,before they start crisscrossing left,right and centre,instead of “Going Straight Up The Guts!”

Then when they eventually get it forward,some smart arse instead of a simple drop punt between the Big Sticks,has to swivel ‘round and kick it,missing the bloody things!

Deadset,never mind rotations,any dill who did that to the rest of his Team Mates,would be Yanked off in an instant,with an Absolute Serve coming down the Phone!

I really wonder wonder and worry about Aussie Rules Footy sometimes!😡