R12 Essendon v Richmond

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
nudder12
Club Captain

Re: R12 Essendon v Richmond

Post by nudder12 »

boncer34 wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:26 pm As proud as I was for 3.5 quarters.

That last 10 mins was abysmal, we folded badly.
Would love to see the stats for that 10 minutes. We barely got our hands on the ball at all. Did we even get one inside 50 in that time? Can't remember one. Just an incredible turn-around from the momentum of the 10 minutes before that.
Did the players think when they hit the front that they'd inevitably maintain that momentum and cruise to a win? Bit like being 40 up at half time V Hawks?
Put it down to "lessons" (not "learnings").
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

They were spent...pure and simple.

The break cant come quick enough.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

Well that was an odd game.
Hard to believe we were still in it in the first 3 Q's.
Even when we hit the front, I said to the other half - "only because we didn't stuff it up for the last 10 minutes".
Poor decision making, tackling abysmal. And so much left to so few.
But that's OK. Who really cares at this stage? I didn't expect to win, and even though we played some rubbish footy, the positive side remains that we keep having a go (mostly) and the simple enthusiasm is what keeps us in it.
Brighter times ahead.
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

hop wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:34 am They were spent...pure and simple.

The break cant come quick enough.
Yeah, there's a few that need a rest, but it's hard to understand how they were on top of the world at 9 minutes into Q4, but spent at the 10 minute mark.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Good to a point,before Richmond flicked the switch and away they went,Darn it! #-o
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Structurally, the Tigers were able to cruise through the centre corridor with ease most of the night. We were forced wide. I’m surprised we even caught up to them at all.

Their experience, their conditioning, their stamina, their team work is better than ours. That’s obvious. We’ll get to that level eventually.
Essendunny
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

I think they probably would have beaten us anyway but please don’t anyone try and tell me that Whingemond operate under another set of rules than any other team.

The inconsistency of interpretation in last nights game was totally pro Whingemond. Our players need to overcome this and actually did for good chunks of the game. Then once we look to be getting our game going - bang - some fu cking bullshit free to them was plucked out or NOT PAID.

The commentators were talking about all through the game. I believe Matthew Richardson used the expression “ I don’t know what is going on” . A crowd with a large chunk of non aligned people who were quite passive at the start of the game were audibly booing shocking decisionS and more importantly non decisions to us through the game.

Can someone explain why bar room brawler Bolton was not given 50 for not returning the ball in the last quarter? He literally refused to hand the ball back to us for a good 30 secs and that action was not punished.

Also why worry about me an one eyed Essendon supporter about complaining about umpiring? When Richmond didn’t have the rub of the green for first time in 5 years against Geelong what was the first thing Hardwick did? He got away unscathed after directly complaining about the umpiring. I believe Hird was fined 20 large for the same. Amazing how easily they were beaten in that game when they didn’t get their usual corrupt level of frees for nothing.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

MH_Bomber wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:37 am I think they probably would have beaten us anyway but please don’t anyone try and tell me that Whingemond operate under another set of rules than any other team.

The inconsistency of interpretation in last nights game was totally pro Whingemond. Our players need to overcome this and actually did for good chunks of the game. Then once we look to be getting our game going - bang - some fu cking bullshit free to them was plucked out or NOT PAID.

The commentators were talking about all through the game. I believe Matthew Richardson used the expression “ I don’t know what is going on” . A crowd with a large chunk of non aligned people who were quite passive at the start of the game were audibly booing shocking decisionS and more importantly non decisions to us through the game.

Can someone explain why bar room brawler Bolton was not given 50 for not returning the ball in the last quarter? He literally refused to hand the ball back to us for a good 30 secs and that action was not punished.

Yes,I’ll give you that one.Thought I noticed that as well.Umpires not on the ball there!

Also why worry about me an one eyed Essendon supporter about complaining about umpiring? When Richmond didn’t have the rub of the green for first time in 5 years against Geelong what was the first thing Hardwick did? He got away unscathed after directly complaining about the umpiring. I believe Hird was fined 20 large for the same. Amazing how easily they were beaten in that game when they didn’t get their usual corrupt level of frees for nothing.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

BenDoolan wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:13 am Structurally, the Tigers were able to cruise through the centre corridor with ease most of the night. We were forced wide. I’m surprised we even caught up to them at all.

Their experience, their conditioning, their stamina, their team work is better than ours. That’s obvious. We’ll get to that level eventually.
Let’s hope so!

I still worry that the Essendon we have now,will end up like the Not so Sensational 70’s Essendon then,rather than your history repeating Bombers of the 80’s,mate!

You know,simply Brilliant one week,then god awful the next.We weren’t that bad last night,but still fell a good way short,behind a genuine Premiership Contender!
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Pretty good crowd last night.

55 000 and a bit.

I’m just curious as to why 4 and a half thousand didn’t go,when it was supposed to be a Sell Out!A couple of Perthies who went,told me at the Pub,that there was a few Blocks of Empty seats standing out.

I’d be even more curious if those tickets were bought out by the State Government,as to why they did so.Surely not,given how Scandalous that would be! :shock:

On another note or two,there was some good spillage of customers coming off the trains about half an hour after the game finished.There was a not so good spillage in the visitors’ room,from someone who more than had their fill at the footy and had no sense of Hygiene,or respect for himself or others,leaving a bloody mess on the floor.Missed the bowl,big time! :-& #-o :roll:

It surprised me to a point about the amount of Richmond fans in WA,when I didn’t think there was that many.I guess a few here have jumped on the Bandwagon.Don’t think too many travelled here from Victoria,unless they could.I thought the Premier Shut the Border!Go figure! :shock:

Essendon have always had a good supporter base,stretching back to the 70’s,when we were not so Sensational!Maybe that’s why the Dickheads at the WA Football Commission don’t like Perth.We don’t slavishly support the bloody Egirls or dorkers,with many following Essendon,North Melbourne or Carlton(heaven forbid!)!
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

I think they probably would have beaten us anyway but please don’t anyone try and tell me that Whingemond operate under another set of rules than any other team.

Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

What’s the go here,MH?

Hope I didn’t spoil your Original Post?!

I guess the one thing about The Dreamtime Match and The Long Walk Importantly,was the Reflection and Celebration of the Heritage and Culture of Australia’s 1st People!

That’s a Very Important thing,which Everyone should Not forget!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

grassy1 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:59 am What’s the go here,MH?

I guess the one thing about The Dreamtime Match and The Long Walk Importantly,was the Reflection and Celebration of the Heritage and Culture of Australia’s 1st People!

I sort of get the feeling that the ESS v RICH Dreamtime game will be a travelling road show from here on in. The success up in Darwin this year, the success in WA this year. Where will they take it to next year (COVID or not)? Canberra??
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Yes,I had the same thought myself,Benny!

Although I think Bloody Covid caused this change of Venue.

How the f*** did this start all over in Victoria again?With a new untraced variant?

Jesus,FMD!Will this ever end? #-o :-& :(
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Got a bit excited yesterday morning during the Colts and Ressies Games,thinking the Bomber boys were training at Lathlain Park,on the back paddock that is The Mini Gee!We’re just a few blocks away from the Stadium!

It wasn’t! :lol:

It was our Demon boys running off a 98 point loss on Thursday Night.Those of us,we could get on the Training track with 14 or so League Players on the Injury List! :-& #-o :roll:
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

Shame about the margin in the end. Doesn’t really reflect the effort we put in for 85% of the game. Just goes to show how badly you can get blown away in the 15% you’re not there for.

Obvious plaudits to Dasha. Great game. Deserved BOG. I thought Langers was excellent too. Got us back into the game and was a catalyst for our brief lead in the last quarter. But the team simply ran out of gas, unfortunately.

‘Kepler’ Cox amazes me with his ability to be unphased. Sees ball, goes for ball, gets ball, usually does something very good with it. Cool, calm and collected.

Zed was Zed. Amazing how consistent he is. Fantastic player.

Something needs to happen about the holding the ball / incorrect disposal rule. It’s BS. Rule 18.6.3 allows the umpires to umpire the way they do. It’s rubbish. Change it back to the way it used to be. Reward the bloody tackler!
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Rule 18.6 3 ........of a bloody million!

Jesus,Fair Dinkum!

It’s not just that rule,a supposed simple part of the game,the Umps have got to keep up with,but the amount of Bloody Rules the Umps have on their plate!

THAT’S ALL YOUR FAULT AWFULL!!!!!!!!!!

We are picking the Wrong Target here folks.The poor Umps cop it all the time and despite the Crap coming from HQ about criticising the Umps,they’re more than comfortable that the Umps take the Heat off them and Often!

The sooner people start and persist in Hammering the f****** AWFULL Commission and the f****** Rules Committee for Tampering with the game,nay.......Wrecking it,the better!
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

If I haven’t said so before,I’ll say it now!

I will gladly prostitute my Vote towards the Disgusting Federal Government,if the Current Sports Minister Arseholes the f****** AWFULL Commission and their f****** Rules Committee Out of the National Past-time Forever!

Unless of course,the ALP want to make it a Bi-partisan MISSION?!

Do it Fast folks!Aussie Rules needs some Urgent Repair at the Top End!
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

BenDoolan wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:03 am
grassy1 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:59 am What’s the go here,MH?

I sort of get the feeling that the ESS v RICH Dreamtime game will be a travelling road show from here on in. The success up in Darwin this year, the success in WA this year. Where will they take it to next year (COVID or not)? Canberra??
No chance Benny. We left a lot of $$ on the table playing in Perth instead of a packed MCG.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Windy Hille wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:26 am Shame about the margin in the end. Doesn’t really reflect the effort we put in for 85% of the game. Just goes to show how badly you can get blown away in the 15% you’re not there for.

Obvious plaudits to Dasha. Great game. Deserved BOG. I thought Langers was excellent too. Got us back into the game and was a catalyst for our brief lead in the last quarter. But the team simply ran out of gas, unfortunately.

‘Kepler’ Cox amazes me with his ability to be unphased. Sees ball, goes for ball, gets ball, usually does something very good with it. Cool, calm and collected.

Zed was Zed. Amazing how consistent he is. Fantastic player.

Something needs to happen about the holding the ball / incorrect disposal rule. It’s BS. Rule 18.6.3 allows the umpires to umpire the way they do. It’s rubbish. Change it back to the way it used to be. Reward the bloody tackler!
Langford been outstanding 2 weeks in a row. I hear Windy's shopping for his badge online.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.