Umpires

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Umpires

Post by bomberdonnie »

I am a little surprised no one seems to have mentioned the maggots today. Seriously they f***** us in the arse all day, and it hurt. The three standouts are Davey getting smashed in the centre and not getting anything, Scotland holding the ball for about 5 seconds whilst being tackled right in front of our goal then play on and Paddys great tackle on the HFF for no reward. There were many other examples like this but I cant be bothered mentioning them all apart from how many times did Nick Stevens get away with blatently holding it whilst trying to break tackles!!!

I know it is easy to blame these c**** but they were beyond incompitent today. In reality we should still have won but they made it no easier and I am sick of watching umpired destroy good games of footy!!!
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

They were pathetic as usual. But I still think they favoured us, even though the square up came after half time.

Must be a record number of free kicks that are being paid. The focus is on the umpires rather than on the game.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

danstar84 wrote:The focus is on the umpires rather than on the game.
this REALLY frustrates me to no end!! the game is too technical these days i hate it
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

BD, being at the ground I can tell you from my vantage point that we were the beneficiary of many of their decisions. Only a couple of times that I stood up and yelled at a couple of decisions that should have gone our way. Personally, I shook my head a couple of time when we got some soft frees in front of goal....and to be honest, due to that pathetic NEW rule, McVeigh's sensational mark should not have been paid. It is a CRAPO rule people....
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

2 guys contest a mark the front guy gets the mark and they both fall over from being in the air and it's 50m penalty

wtf

go jump off a cliff would ya's
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Thought we had a dream run in the first half but BombDon highlighted some absolute clangers that could have turned the game, esp. Scotland's effort in front of our goals. It is the inconsistency that drives you mad.

Imagine had they not paid McVeigh's hanger for hands in the back!!
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

rockhole wrote:Imagine had they not paid McVeigh's hanger for hands in the back!!
This is the thing....THEY SHOULD HAVE. This is what annoys me, the umpires will forever be assassinated if they paid the free, and they will be assassinated if they didn't. The f***wit rules committee ought to be lined up in the middle of the packed MCG with everyone armed with a machine gun.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

There were a lot of NONE decisions that hurt us like Paddys tackle where we all stopped waiting for the obvious free and the Scum ran it down for a goal.

I agree BD the rule changes are a disgrace and then they have the hide to spend the week crapping on about limiting interchanges FFS.

Do they really think the interchange is to blame for the game being too quick?? Would not be anything to do with the kick in rule the 15m mark rule the removal of 60% of all contact through stupid ticky rule changes?? OF course not it is because there is s free for all on the interchange bench!!!
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

We got some soft ones in the first half, but got f****** raped in the second half. 2 decisions in our forward line that were clearly holding the ball (even under the old interpretation) were called play on, and they raced it down the other end and goaled. The holding the ball against MJ in the 3rd quarter that resulted in another goal for them was a f****** disgrace. I hope Geishen gets hit by a car, the f****** alcoholic c*** that he is.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

haha robbie all quality, but you are right
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

robbie67 wrote:We got some soft ones in the first half, but got f****** raped in the second half. 2 decisions in our forward line that were clearly holding the ball (even under the old interpretation) were called play on, and they raced it down the other end and goaled. The holding the ball against MJ in the 3rd quarter that resulted in another goal for them was a f****** disgrace. I hope Geishen gets hit by a car, the f****** alcoholic c*** that he is.
Thanks Robbie I was having trouble articulating exactly how I felt ab out this matter but you have seriously summed it up perfectly!!
lozza89
Regular Senior Player

Post by lozza89 »

Robbie agree 110%.
Those two decisions in our forward killed us. Especially the one that happened about 50 seconds before the siren went. I have never seen a player take on the amount of players he did, get tackled, drop the ball and it's called play on.
Absolute f****** disgrace.
Sartorius
Club Captain

Post by Sartorius »

I agree Robbie a few of the 12 points turn arounds really hurt us where we should have been shooting on goal but instead they scored a goal. That really pissed me off.
Gossy7
Club Captain

Post by Gossy7 »

The worst thing was, when a blatant holding the ball wasnt given. Because it was right in front of goal in the dying seconds, but the umpires are too soft as they dont want to change the outcome.

Argh!
On the Rookie List

Post by 84859300 »

robbie67 wrote:We got some soft ones in the first half, but got f****** raped in the second half.
Tell me any other game that you have seen live or on TV that has been any different??

I am sure that there is an umpires adviser at each game letting them know of the free kick tally at half time so that there can be some evening up for the Sunday papers.

I certainly was looking for more evening up decisions after half time, as were all the Carlton supporters. Keep the ball off them and the decisions don't go their way. Lose your coll and fumble to give the ump half a chnace and we'll get found out every time.
Makaveli
High Draft Pick

Post by Makaveli »

After the carlton supporters were booing their guts out at half time everyone knew the eveners were going to come. The Paddy Ryder tackle on half forward not being paid would have to be one of the worse non decisions of the season, terrible. Closely followed the that little poof heath scotland being wrapped up and the umps calling play on.
chickster
On the Rookie List

Post by chickster »

Was sitting there midway through the second quarter when they showed the lopsided free kick count for the 47th time on the big screen (well it was a Carlton home game) and said to my mate, "This is gonna come back and bite us in the second half" Sure enough, but not so much in the ones they paid against us, more the ones they didn't pay for us. TWICE the little maggot Vozzo did not pay a free in our forward 50 when we caught them holding the ball only for it to rebound directly down for a Fevola goal, but then in the final 30 seconds, decides to pay a free against Lovett in our forward 50 after he shrugged a tackle and then lost control of the ball.
Yes Carlton played well to come back and over the course of the day the umpiring was pretty even, but christ, it is inconsistencies like this that piss me off!!!
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Gossy7 wrote:The worst thing was, when a blatant holding the ball wasnt given. Because it was right in front of goal in the dying seconds, but the umpires are too soft as they dont want to change the outcome.

Argh!
The thing is they had already done alot to change the result.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

chickster wrote:Was sitting there midway through the second quarter when they showed the lopsided free kick count for the 47th time on the big screen (well it was a Carlton home game) and said to my mate, "This is gonna come back and bite us in the second half" Sure enough, but not so much in the ones they paid against us, more the ones they didn't pay for us. TWICE the little maggot Vozzo did not pay a free in our forward 50 when we caught them holding the ball only for it to rebound directly down for a Fevola goal, but then in the final 30 seconds, decides to pay a free against Lovett in our forward 50 after he shrugged a tackle and then lost control of the ball.
Yes Carlton played well to come back and over the course of the day the umpiring was pretty even, but christ, it is inconsistencies like this that piss me off!!!
It really was the ones that weren't payed in the 2nd half that hurt. We shouldn't have to expect the umpires to even up the count as they are meant to pay them correctly.

One team could have 40 free kicks to 10 but if they were all correct decisions it wouldn't matter. It's the fact that the umpires make alot of bad decisions as they think a lopsided free kick tally won't be good for their own reputation.